Known Information

VincentASM

SS was in development early enough that it had a trailer at e3 2010, and has several delays due to Miyamoto asking them to change a pile of stuff. Did Awakening really take that long?

Anyway I finally got a good screenshot of that king fellow at the start. Definitely looks evil to me.

He looks like an evil gorilla

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the river tile, I think it displays its general bonus for any unit not necessarily for fliers and it depends whether it affects them or not because remember thickets give def and avoid bonus that do not affect fliers.

Edit: also, the scene where Marx hits the undead or w/e and displays high dmg it can be his dmg output as if he were Black Knight. Btw, I recall seeing a boss paladin (enemy) and a swordmaster (npc) on the chapter where the peg knight battles the cav, the scene might happen in that chapter or in another one with similar scenery.

Edited by Quintessence

Hey, so here's a thing. The dudes in the castle during the battle are pretty clearly the westerners, right? But then they get attacked by the giant golem.

But right before that, the easterners are fighting a bunch of skull mask dudes that really look like the kind of typical FE cultists that would have a giant monster on their side. I'm pretty sure there's no way that adds up without there being at least three sides (the third probably either being omnicidal/neutral or a cultist offshoot of the westerners trying to use the war to take over everything).

Edit- the golem is definitely attacking both sides. There's both a western soldier and an eastern banner amid the debris.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Was on reddit today, and someone posted this:

http://i.imgur.com/brXd4Kb.png

That's the dancer's necklace, compared with the Mark of Naga. Seems like a pretty striking resemblance, and, as noted, this didn't seem like a run-of-the-mill piece of cosmetic jewelry during the teaser. Seems to indicate Naga could be making a return as a central figure of worship for this game. If I'm remembering correctly, Naga is worshipped in Jugdral, Akaenia, and Valentia?

It certainly doesn't rule out a new continent, but it's interesting to note.

That's the dancer's necklace, compared with the Mark of Naga. Seems like a pretty striking resemblance, and, as noted, this didn't seem like a run-of-the-mill piece of cosmetic jewelry during the teaser. Seems to indicate Naga could be making a return as a central figure of worship for this game. If I'm remembering correctly, Naga is worshipped in Jugdral, Akaenia, and Valentia?

Nice find! Personally though, I hope we get to see a new continent. You know, to spice things up. Just no more Akaenia.

Please, no more Archanea for awhile, honestly. I'm tired of it and I really want a brand new continent. -_-

I think Naga is worshipped on some of the other continents.

Jugdral does as well. I think there's a reference to Archanea somewhere in Sacred Stones too.

She is, and it's not like the religion couldn't have spread to a new continent, or even one we've already visited, like Magvel/Elibe. This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I think it makes a return to Elibe/Tellius/Magvel pretty unlikely. Not impossible, but definitely unlikely.

The neckalce looks nearly identical to the Falchion's handle as well.

tumblr_m5879bNCUn1qcyflvo1_500.jpg

I think with that in mind, and the fact that one side looks very eastern based, this may be a prequel or even a sequel to Awakening that takes place on Valm. I really hope that's it. I would love for them to fill in the Tiki/gemstones/Medeus plotholes.

I'm hoping it's a completely new continent. I'm sure there will be Archanea references, but I also fear FE may get itself into Zelda-scale of mess in terms of story.

SS was in development early enough that it had a trailer at e3 2010, and has several delays due to Miyamoto asking them to change a pile of stuff. Did Awakening really take that long?

Ah, point taken. Anyway, they're really different teams (IS has 100+ staff members), so it's entirely possible that it's the FE13 team in particular who underestimated the 3DS's power.

Well... I'm not really digging the character designs for player characters (too costumery for me), but the generic enemies look nice.

But on to bigger things. Fighters. They wear THONGS now, THONGZ. :cry:

y2ny566.jpg

Too. funny.

Well... I'm not really digging the character designs for player characters (too costumery for me), but the generic enemies look nice.

y2ny566.jpg

Too. funny.

They just wanted to feel like female Great Knights from FE13

One of the things I'm curious about from the trailer is the auras surrounding the characters at the end of the trailer. Normally if you see two characters with auras fighting each other, you think nothing of it, since that's normal in shonen. However, the dancer girl, who's not involved in the fight, also has an aura surrounding her. I'm almost of the opinion there is something more to it.

They just wanted to feel like female Great Knights from FE13

The difference is that you would rarely notice it because they are in a horse and you can't see it ( unless you are a pervert ). But this is no the case here

y2ny566.jpg

Too. funny.

Gregor's booty is ready!

y2ny566.jpg

Too. funny.

I can't say I'm not amused by this. I mean; it's a silly/dangerous armor design, but if there are both guys and girls showing skin, I can't thoroughly DISLIKE it.