Known Information

VincentASM

So... If Kantana weilder are eastern force, and straight sword weilders are from western force. Which sides are those Dragons and Unicorns?

Plus if there's decision making about choose either side, I wish there's option to be enemy of both, gotta love being outnumbered.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... If Kantana weilder are eastern force, and straight sword weilders are from western force. Which sides are those Dragons and Unicorns?

Plus if there's decision making about choose either side, I wish there's option to be enemy of both, gotta love being outnumbered.

It's possible they'll do the same thing they did in Tellius saga, by having each of the beast or dragon clans being their own nation or country, one whose leader would wish to not intervene in the ongoing war between these two clans.

Speaking of the Tellius saga, did anyone notice during the dancer's first scene that there's some sort of fight between four figures in her eye? Perhaps it's a vision of a future event, a premonition like Miciah from Radiant Dawn.

You know what, now that I look at that weirdo thing on the guy's butt again, I don't think it's a thong either. I think he's wearing something like what this guy here has on:

1076419-he_man.jpgc_heman_classico.jpg

This buff dude is called He-Man and he's the star of an ooold TV show that got remade in the early 2000s. New He-Man is on the left, original He-Man is on the right.

Edited by Anacybele

Well... I'm not really digging the character designs for player characters (too costumery for me), but the generic enemies look nice.

But on to bigger things. Fighters. They wear THONGS now, THONGZ. :cry:

y2ny566.jpg

Too. funny.

Hell yeah now I'm making my avatar a fighter.

In comemoration of this occasion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4&spfreload=10

If you can't tell yes I'm being sarcastic. Except about He Man. He Man is awesome.

Edited by TacoMan42

Okay, let's not end up turning this into a He-Man thread. :P I was only trying to compare his...loincloth thingy to whatever that Barbarian is wearing. He is awesome though. lol

And yes, I think that's actually a Bandit or Barbarian, not a Fighter.

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of the Tellius saga, did anyone notice during the dancer's first scene that there's some sort of fight between four figures in her eye? Perhaps it's a vision of a future event, a premonition like Miciah from Radiant Dawn.

I find it to look more like the final section of FE7's opening cutscene (with the divine weapons). But I definitely am getting a Micaiah vibe from the dancer.

Wrt auras: Outrealms?

Well... I'm not really digging the character designs for player characters (too costumery for me), but the generic enemies look nice.

But on to bigger things. Fighters. They wear THONGS now, THONGZ. :cry:

y2ny566.jpg

Too. funny.

Nintendo balancing the fanservice a little omg

I like the naga discussion.

I wonder if Dragon Knights in this game will have eastern Dragon designs as mounts instead of western.

I get the feeling that pegasi are belonging to the East and wyverns/dragons will belong to the West based on the trailer. I couldn't really imagine a warrior riding an Eastern-style dragon anyways, but perhaps Eastern dragons could appear some other way.

I get the feeling that pegasi are belonging to the East and wyverns/dragons will belong to the West based on the trailer. I couldn't really imagine a warrior riding an Eastern-style dragon anyways, but perhaps Eastern dragons could appear some other way.

If the Eastern side were to to have a draconic flying class, I'm thinking along the lines of the qilin/kirin. Even though it doesn't have wings, in Chinese mythology, it is depicted to walk on clouds and water, so something like a floating ability. That's technically "flying."

If the Eastern side were to to have a draconic flying class, I'm thinking along the lines of the qilin/kirin. Even though it doesn't have wings, in Chinese mythology, it is depicted to walk on clouds and water, so something like a floating ability. That's technically "flying."

Or maybe they get Oriental looking Manakete or Laguz. We did have magic based Manakete's in Shadow Dragon that were serpentine in appearance if I recall correctly.

Or maybe they get Oriental looking Manakete or Laguz. We did have magic based Manakete's in Shadow Dragon that were serpentine in appearance if I recall correctly.

Well, I wouldn't know if we'll get some kind of new transforming class but an oriental-looking manakete/laguz is possible. Looking at this screenshot:

M8cZFQP.png

If you look above the character that's being selected to move, there is a purple-haired sprite. One thing I noticed concerning this FE is that sprites now show the weapons that they're carrying, though I'm not sure how applicable this is to mages/dark mages. Pretty sure this has been noted already, but the purple-haired sprite has repitilian-esque legs. It's highly likely that's she's of another race and has the same transforming ability as a manakete/taguel/laguz. Due to the reptile-like features, I would say she's either an oriental manakete or perhaps an entirely new race.

Well, I wouldn't know if we'll get some kind of new transforming class but an oriental-looking manakete/laguz is possible. Looking at this screenshot:

M8cZFQP.png

If you look above the character that's being selected to move, there is a purple-haired sprite. One thing I noticed concerning this FE is that sprites now show the weapons that they're carrying, though I'm not sure how applicable this is to mages/dark mages. Pretty sure this has been noted already, but the purple-haired sprite has repitilian-esque legs. It's highly likely that's she's of another race and has the same transforming ability as a manakete/taguel/laguz. Due to the reptile-like features, I would say she's either an oriental manakete or perhaps an entirely new race.

I think that's actually the mage character we saw in the trailer. Though I'm more curious about the assassin looking figures, because I don't think they're assasins, but ninjas.

Edited by Neoleo21

I think that's actually the mage character we saw in the trailer. Though I'm more curious about the assassin looking figures, because I don't think they're assasins, but ninjas.

Hm, by mage character, I'm assuming the one with the ice rat spell. Actually, looking at the trailer more closely and watching the scene with the magic girl, you may be right. The hairstyle is quite similar but unfortunately, that's the only similarity I can see so far. Guess we'll have to wait until the next trailer/gameplay video Nintendo releases.

Yeah, I was surprised you didn't spot this in your trailer analysis video. I, like others, thought it brought images of the FE7 opening- holy weapons etc.

I did have a look at the trailer on my Wii U, and took some slomos, but I couldn't get any decent images. It DOES look like there are some figures there, but at least two of the revolving objects seem to be weapons

Yeah, I was surprised you didn't spot this in your trailer analysis video. I, like others, thought it brought images of the FE7 opening- holy weapons etc.

I did have a look at the trailer on my Wii U, and took some slomos, but I couldn't get any decent images. It DOES look like there are some figures there, but at least two of the revolving objects seem to be weapons

You can chock that up to me noticing that only after editing the video and publishing it on YouTube. I noticed a fair amount more after the video was done, namely small things like the If logo in splitting apart in the exact same color scheme as the one associated with the Megami Tensei series:

Alignment.png

Maybe this is why so many people thought it was Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?

Yeah, I don't get why people thought that, in all honesty. Still, alignment system in Fire Emblem would make sense, some routes have different characters, more replay value, etc.

I'm pretty sure this isn't serious, but IS underestimated the 3ds, but kept feet off for the lulz.

It's serious. Feet were gone in Awakening because they thought the 3ds couldn't handle it and wanted to save the processing power for other things. Now that they've had more time to work with the platform and know it better, it's apparent that feet aren't a problem so they're in, regardless of system.

I thought the logo split into those colors because FE also uses them. Blue is for the player's units, red is the enemy units, and green are neutral units. Sometimes we also see yellow though, for partner units, such as in PoR.