Known Information

VincentASM

I thought the logo split into those colors because FE also uses them. Blue is for the player's units, red is the enemy units, and green are neutral units. Sometimes we also see yellow though, for partner units, such as in PoR.

Seems like a perfectly fine explanation to me.

Awakening didn't have any Yellow units though so I'm not expecting them by default.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can chock that up to me noticing that only after editing the video and publishing it on YouTube. I noticed a fair amount more after the video was done, namely small things like the If logo in splitting apart in the exact same color scheme as the one associated with the Megami Tensei series:

Alignment.png

Maybe this is why so many people thought it was Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem?

Yeah, I don't get why people thought that, in all honesty. Still, alignment system in Fire Emblem would make sense, some routes have different characters, more replay value, etc.

I think the SMT allusion came from the fact that the SMTxFE trailer ends with the screen flickering like an analog TV that's not tuned properly. There's also the "if" title in the JP version.

I don't know if this'll really count as "Known Info" or confirmed, but I saw something on Reddit this morning

LRZIEdT.png

Apparently it came in an e-mail from Nintendo of Australia

Edited by Thunderfox

I don't know if this'll really count as "Known Info" or confirmed, but I saw something on Reddit this morning

LRZIEdT.png

Apparently it came in an e-mail from Nintendo of Australia

Interesting....I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything, but looking at the release dates for the other games...it looks like it'll be in july or so when FE14 comes out. Maybe.

Edited by Aura Of Twilight

I'm thinking it'll be released by the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year, I don't see it being released really soon because the trailer was mostly to open the direct as an appetizer and Iwata didn't address any special features or even explained part of the plot or said who the main character is. But it'll surely be released this year.

I also have the doubt, probably tbc means that they don't have a date settled for release and need to discuss it while tba means they've defined a release date but have not had the chance to tell it publicly. Which means tbc is worse than tba

Edited by Quintessence

I used Google

Although these phrases (and their respective abbreviations) are often used interchangeably, they have subtle differences:

• To be announced (TBA) implies that the event concept has been developed, but is not yet suitable for public announcement.
  • To be confirmed (TBC) suggests that a decision has been made, but is awaiting final (formal) confirmation from authorities and/or organizers.
  • To be determined (TBD) designates that the appropriateness, feasibility, or location of a given event is yet to be assessed.

So TBD is the least concrete one, with TBC and TBA being more solid.

I'd be surprised if it does show up in 2015 myself. "Summer" can mean anything from May to (as we've learned with Smash) September, and I doubt the localised version will be available soon after.

(Also what's with the Mario Bros heads? Mario & Luigi 5 confirmed?)

I'm surprised that there's a listing for it to come out this year. I wasn't expecting it until next year. Though I can see it happening if they put more resources on localizing, and the start the localization efforts much sooner in the development process.

Hey I'll take TBA, TBC, or TBD over just TB. Tuberculosis is no joke.

I would love for a 2015 release although it likely won't be until Fall/Winter assuming that there for sure won't be an international release. Unfortunately that's about the time I expect Zelda Wii U and Xenoblade to be coming out. This also means we will definitely get a substantial amount of info at E3.

Now I need to find a way to tell my wife that vacation is cancelled this year so I can afford to buy video games.

Ooh, so if that's true and not just Austrailia assuming things, then that means that this game is going to be worked on soon.

Now as for the release date, I seriously doubt it will be any earlier than September. It's coming out for sure in 2015 in Japan, after all.

If that pic is true, then we should all be getting the game in 2015. Australia typically gets stuff last, the poor peeps. VERY rarely do they ever get something before another region. The only exception I can think of is the New 3DS, which they got in 2014 before Europe or the US.

It seems it will come in the 2015, at least in australia.. eu maybe around too?

It is strange because usually autralia have multi 5 eu languages.. (because of pal)

Edited by Jenoss

If it's on Reddit, I do not believe it for a second. It's not that hard to pull a hoax and let the internet go wild over a post like this on that site, especially since there would probably be more than this one case and user posting this e-mail on the internet. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened in the past, at least.