Known Information

VincentASM

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the if might be a reference to the movie of the smae title (which starred Malcolm McDowell). It has the same capitalization and everything; SMTif was indeed named to reference that movie so this might be too.

It's a rad film. Worth checking out

I think they used TBC because it was in the 2015 direct, and are waiting for it to be confirmed that it's this year. I sort of doubt they know anything we don't?

Edited by Arthis

...Well, I imagine they know what stage of localization they're in (literally just starting, versus planning starting after jp release, versus already significantly complete, versus never localizing it for example.)

Sorry, I guess I'm confused. Is this source from nintendo? I was thinking it was another 3rd party or something for some reason

I think that if we do see it in 2015, it will be later in the year. Maybe around the holidays?

versus never localizing it

Shush don't say these things.

There was a corrected email sent out that removed the 2015 date and changes it to "Games coming for Nintendo 3DS" ... so 2015 isnt confirmed by a long shot.

True, but why would FE 14 still be included with other games that are being released in 2015? I'm not saying the fire emblem will definitely be here before the end of the year, but that's probably what Nintendo is aiming for. Not trying to get my hope up or anything, but it seems kinda silly putting FE 14 there otherwise.

True, but why would FE 14 still be included with other games that are being released in 2015?

My take is that they just take the Nintendo Direct video and say whatever's there (kind of like how the JP site's release calendar has only confirmed release windows). They may not even have any inside info if whoever made this have no contact with the localisation teams.

Okay, I'm guessing an Australian newsletter doesn't affect the JP release date of course. So Summer 2015 for Japan. And if Australia release date is supposed to be for 2015, and the US generally gets the games before Australia, I'm guessing the release date is October 17th or 18th for the US version. Probably a long ways off but hey I'm just gonna call it. Bragging rights are going to be friggin copyrighted if I'm right.

But bearing in mind it was corrected to "Games coming to 3ds" our hopes are likely going to be crushed. But it would make sense. If I'm remembering correctly, Path of Radiance was released in April (somewhat the beginning of summer) and the localization was released October 17th. So I'd say anywhere from October to November. Maybe December.

Australia getting it before 2016 has gave me hopes that it will be October, EU getting it in November with Australia getting it December? If anyone can debunk this right off the bat please let me know, but I'm interested to know if anyone agrees with the theory I've laid out.

Edited by TwinBlade

It'd be pretty funny if this game comes before smt x fe.

I think you can just about take that to the bank at this point. This at least has a solid release window in Japan while SMT x FE has like nothing outside of a 45 second spot two years ago saying that it exists.

I think you can just about take that to the bank at this point. This at least has a solid release window in Japan while SMT x FE has like nothing outside of a 45 second spot two years ago saying that it exists.

Clearly IS and Atlus don't work that well together.

Yeah, FE14 will surely be released before SMT x FE. I pray to the gods we get some trailer and/or gameplay footage of it by E3.

Clearly IS and Atlus don't work that well together.

Isn't Atlus the one responsible of the game's development, while IS works on other titles such as Codename S.T.E.A.M and if?

It'd be pretty funny if this game comes before smt x fe.

Not really. We've seen zero footage of the game and know little about the game itself other than "it's an RPG", which doesn't tell us much else since there's a ton of kinds of RPG genres: Tactical, JRPG, WRPG, etc. Frankly, the game was announced way earlier than it should have been.

Either that or the SEGA buyout screwed up something in the original agreement between Index Co. and Nintendo, hence them keeping things under wraps. That said, the newsletter e-mail doesn't confirm anything outside of the game coming to the Australian 3DS in the future.

I just wonder how the new characters are gonna fit into the game when it's released. It would be weird to have smt x fe released after fe14 but not have the new guys in there.

Maybe SMT x FE has had such delays because of wanting to put FE14 characters in.

I am near positive myself the game will be available to us by the end of the year. The newsletter doesn't change anything.

I'd say around Oct, Nov, Dec for us, but that's just a guess.

If it released the week of my birthday (week before Christmas) I would literally crap a brick. Unlikely though, considering most games release in November for Black Friday/the Christmas rush. My bets are on November if it's going to be a 2015 release stateside.

I still hope that Nintendo EU doesn't pull a bad release date like what happened in Awakening. That'd be last thing I'd want to see. Dammit, we received that game one year later after its original release! ;_;