Known Information

VincentASM

Nintendo of everywhere-else-except-Japan should called Fire Emblem 14, Fire Emblem when. It's no longer a question of what choices can we make, but when will the rest of the world get the game. Hopefully localization is rather speedy.

Edited by Slyfox

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing we'll see a late-Nov/Dec release, personally. That gives them several months to work on and refine the translation/localization while still getting the game out in time for Christmas, which is a huge selling time for video games.

Blue haired Ninian look-alike is named Nainin?

All the names on that first page image can't be right, can they?

Edited by Raven

No, people were just calling the dancer "Nainin" as a joke. Some people thought they were serious and actually started calling her that. Her name is still a mystery. As for the other characters on the list, i'm not sure.

Edited by Jagen

I still don't even see much resemblance to Ninian. I see more Lucina in this girl, likely due to the art style being the same.

Edited by Anacybele

Blue haired Ninian look-alike is named Nainin?

All the names on that first page image can't be right, can they?

Edit, mk. III: Please know that all the names with asterisks are names that I myself made up, since names haven't/hadn't been released for them yet. Most of them are just awful puns on the character's appearance or who they're with.

I love how people miss the size 5 font in red.

Yeah, the fact that the character designer for this game is the same as the designer for Awakening (and the models seem to be very similar as well, plus feet) means that we'll probably see a lot of comments like "Oh, X character looks kinda like Y from Awakening!"

Yeah, the fact that the character designer for this game is the same as the designer for Awakening (and the models seem to be very similar as well, plus feet) means that we'll probably see a lot of comments like "Oh, X character looks kinda like Y from Awakening!"

I'm just going to start right now.

The dancer has the same headband as Olivia.

Worse still, the map icons, animations and all really look like Awakening.

I know IS did exactly that for FE4-F5, FE6-FE8, FE9-FE10 and FE11-12, but please stop doing that.

I'm just going to start right now.

The dancer has the same headband as Olivia.

Eh? They're kinda similar in design but they aren't really that close.

Olivia.jpg

FE142.jpg

The triangle motif is similar but the pieces on the sides are not. Olivia's, I can't quite make out what it's supposed to be but new dancer girl has clover or some sort of flower blossom that's very different. Also new dancer girl's is more than just a headband, it covers most of the top of her head more similar to Lissa. Color scheme is also pretty different.

How in any way is this bad though?

That's not necessarily bad, if you don't care much about originality in a game (when it concerns graphics). It seems as if the team was too lazy or stingy to make some new sprites for their brand new game. I'm not asking for completely different sprites, though. Sonic 3 had different sprite models from Sonic 2, and though they were still similar in many ways, it did not make me feel as if I was playing a DLC rather than a sequel. Just don't come with look alikes, please.

There are edited sprites, at least, dark mages have new outfits, the cav's have gotten rid of their toilet bowls, the Dark Knight has at least gotten some tweaks. Which more than FE3 did, as FE3 used edited FE1/2 sprites, and all the GBA games used the same map sprites.

Edited by L95

Completely redone graphics? Similarity in style doesn't matter, the more they have to change at all, the more time the game will take to make. It's like you're fine with waiting for it, or something.

Well at least it won't be nearly as samey as Akira Toriyama's character designs.

None of Kozaki's character art in Awakening look anything like his work in No More Heroes for example while Toriyama's art for Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest look very samey to Dragon Ball

Very true; you can spot Toriyama artwork a mile away. It seems like Kozaki is purposefully trying to keep a similar style for FEif, though, at least based on the characters we've seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zgkp1YBRw

37:12-39:44

Also in the Nintendo 1.14.15 direct, in the Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. game, Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina amiibos can be used in this game to further make it more interesting. The game was developed by the same creators who made Fire Emblem and Advanced Wars. There should be an announcement front web page about this as this is another thing that us diehard FE fans should know about!

It actually is mentioned on the front page, though it's fallen off the first page now. It's in the January 15th updated called "Side Announcements".

I'm surprised we haven't seen more Japanese info, such as from Famitsu or something. So close to release, I don't think we're gonna see any interesting early info, like we did with FE8 where lots of stuff changed with development.