Known Information

VincentASM

I'm surprised we haven't seen more Japanese info, such as from Famitsu or something. So close to release, I don't think we're gonna see any interesting early info, like we did with FE8 where lots of stuff changed with development.

I really hope that's not the case

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that's not the case

Seconded, but...

I think it's probably going to be fed off cliches like in Awakening, so it'll probably be finished quickly...

I just hope we don't have a Bravely Second situation. There was a trailer in 2013, but it's 2015 now and still no comfirmed NA release date.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Seconded, but...

I think it's probably going to be fed off cliches like in Awakening, so it'll probably be finished quickly...

I just hope we don't have a Bravely Second situation. There was a trailer in 2013, but it's 2015 now and still no comfirmed NA release date.

Yeah but Bravely Second is on Square. My understanding was that Square wasn't even gonna localize Bravely Default and NOA/NOE had to basically do it themselves. I doubt Nintendo has any qualms about getting on the stick to localize their own games.

Yeah but Bravely Second is on Square. My understanding was that Square wasn't even gonna localize Bravely Default and NOA/NOE had to basically do it themselves. I doubt Nintendo has any qualms about getting on the stick to localize their own games.

To be honest, I don't keep track much with what goes on behind-the-scenes. I'm more of a "wait and see what happens and then whine about everything to the wrong people" kind of person.

I jest, but in hindsight, you're probably right. Nintendo can be refreshingly reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really think the time'll be 1:1 with Awakening, Awakening was not revealed at the start of a Nintendo direct, after all. It was talked about in a Nintendo Direct two months later after its initial reveal, then got magazine coverage two months after it's nintendo direct showing. (This is why I think March isn't an unreasonable month to hope for info)

We've only gotten one news update so far, we don't know.

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/general/pre-release-information/news/Here's the timeline of Awakenings news.

Febuary was the bigger news dump for Awakeing, and was two months before its release. Awakening was announced 7~ months before release. Though Awakening's Nintendo direct appearance had some unfinished elements(Enemy mugs weren't done, custom map sprites for some characters weren't done, notably Virion, Sully, and Stahl did not have custom map sprites or battle models, Lissa had a different yellow map sprite), and if already looks more finished, so we could be closer to release than Awakening was at the time.

Edited by L95

The thing is, its the actual localization which takes forever. People in Japan will have their sweet time so much sooner. All awakening haters should lament, as its popularity(when it wasnt even known before that)is whats making it possible for us to get FE14.

I will seriously buy it first day, maybe even with a special fire emblem new 3ds when it comes out, considering awakening had one.

Edited by GrySun

The thing is, its the actual localization which takes forever. People in Japan will have their sweet time so much sooner. All awakening haters should lament, as its popularity(when it wasnt even known before that)is whats making it possible for us to get FE14.

I will seriously buy it first day, maybe even with a special fire emblem new 3ds when it comes out, considering awakening had one.

I'll be getting the New 3DS with this game, as well, IF THERE ARE HUSBANDOS.

I just wish we could get more information sooner because I'm a child at heart and impatient, but it seems to me that we probably won't until it's Japanese release.

I'll be getting the New 3DS with this game, as well, IF THERE ARE HUSBANDOS.

I just wish we could get more information sooner because I'm a child at heart and impatient, but it seems to me that we probably won't until it's Japanese release.

...we don't even have an official site yet, I expect to get some more info before jp release.

Hey everyone, just wanted to post some things and see everyone's opinions/speculations

First off, what if the king figure is actually a pope, or some other religious figure? Seeing as it is a Venice, Italian feel. The flags are also purple, tying to the fact that Roman Emperors wore purple.
http://imgur.com/c1bnVhy

Next, the dancer seems to be dressed according to what side she is on.
http://imgur.com/897KZYz

Finally, what do you all think of Marc's sword? It looks a lot like the falchion if the falchion was more Grima-esc instead of Naga.
http://imgur.com/G93CiJQ

Since we know the Japanese release is in the summer, I hope they won't make us wait too long like they did with the last game

Edited by Lord_Seliph

Since we know the Japanese release is in the summer, I hope they won't make us wait too long like they did with the last game

I don't think they will. Translation does take a while but we might barely scrape by with a very late Q3 release. Hopefully this year though.

(Although personally I would like to see a same-day release or whatever the term is for the whole world... kinda like X and Y did.)

I don't think they will. Translation does take a while but we might barely scrape by with a very late Q3 release. Hopefully this year though.

(Although personally I would like to see a same-day release or whatever the term is for the whole world... kinda like X and Y did.)

Hoping for a same day release with Japan for this game is kinda pushing it, especially since no release window or final title has been announced for the game for international release. Right now, this is how I see things playing out.

Nintendo Direct (current estimate: Mid-late March): More game information, release date for Japan, possibly release year for overseas

E3: Some more information on the game, release window for America (narrowed down to quarter if 2015, Q1 if next year)

Without more information to work with, this is a guess at best. Though given how Nintendo works, this seems like the most probable thing to occur.

Hoping for a same day release with Japan for this game is kinda pushing it, especially since no release window or final title has been announced for the game for international release. Right now, this is how I see things playing out.

Nintendo Direct (current estimate: Mid-late March): More game information, release date for Japan, possibly release year for overseas

E3: Some more information on the game, release window for America (narrowed down to quarter if 2015, Q1 if next year)

Without more information to work with, this is a guess at best. Though given how Nintendo works, this seems like the most probable thing to occur.

I do agree that it might be pushing it since Pokémon and Fire Emblem are two distinct series but who knows? X and Y were expected to do well which is why I think it got a same-day release while something like... let's say Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, which needed little translation(to my knowledge since I don't actually have the game and I didn't really look into it that much) had separate release dates with Japan in January this year and the other countries getting it the following months.

That being said, I do agree with the Direct and E3 giving us more info about the game because of obvious reasons, mainly that Directs are usually full of info and I think they might even release a new trailer for E3 if not during the Direct.

Again, I just hope we get it this year, even if it is a holiday release(although preferably earlier.)