Which Wii games would you like to see come to virtual console?

Misses Elise-chan!

The ones I missed that I didn't get to play were Xenoblade Chronicles, Radiant Dawn, and Skyward Sword.

I'm really hoping for Xenoblade Chronicles to come on virtual console specifically because I don't want to have to buy a New 3DS just to play it.

Edited by Rabbattack

I doubt they'll put any games that new on virtual console. Would be nice for people who missed them, but aren't wii games playable on wii u?

Also pretty much universally out of print, I believe.

They are, Dragoncat. I doubt they would add wii games on virtual console but it would be cool! In which case the Last Story and Xenoblade would be nice. They might put gamecube games on virtual console though.

Their direct today said they would be adding them starting with SMG2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Punch Out. Additional titles I'd like to see are Radiant Dawn and Skyward Sword. Hopefully more rare titles like Xenoblade and The Last Story get added too.

Edited by TacoMan42

Radiant Dawn, that's it, I'm fine with using my Wii lol (well I say that but I don't actually use it that often for various reasons...)

TLS should actually not be that hard to find

Naturally they're going to go for A) popular titles and B) harder to find titles first. Also, those that benefit from the GamePad support might be prioritized (e.g. those that were supported by the Classic Controller before).

I like that Wii games are going to be downloadable, it means that RD can become more available. But why aren't GC games getting the same treatment? People who haven't played the Tellius FE games for example should play PoR before RD. And there are other gems on the GC too, like Luigi's Mansion, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, etc. FSA could even be great to play with multiple 3DS systems and Gamepads because the multiplayer required GBA systems and link cables.

I like that Wii games are going to be downloadable, it means that RD can become more available. But why aren't GC games getting the same treatment? People who haven't played the Tellius FE games for example should play PoR before RD. And there are other gems on the GC too, like Luigi's Mansion, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, etc. FSA could even be great to play with multiple 3DS systems and Gamepads because the multiplayer required GBA systems and link cables.

In all honesty I think they're getting to that eventually. They don't really have a reason not to. I mean most Wii games are bigger than GC games by alot and the pro controller or even the gamepad could do everything a GC controller could. I think its coming either next direct or E3.

I'd love to see Xenoblade Chronicles available to play it on a big screen rather than the 3DS, but yeah, it seems unlikely for at least a while. The Wii versions of Pikmin 1 and 2 would be good additions as well since those seem to be either hard to find or expensive when you can find them. Super Paper Mario deserves to get more recognition through a release like this especially since it was the last good Paper Mario and for a 3rd party game, I'd like to see the Harvest Moon games that the Wii had (I'd double dip for those easy).

About the GameCube, I also think those will eventually be available on Wii U. There's a TON of GameCube games that would be enticing to people, so I think they'd save that for a different time or as an ace in the hole. Still wondering where N64 games are for the actual Wii U VC, not the Wii mode one though....

Now if they add Radiant Dawn, it would be nice if they could add the data transfer system somehow, or at least unlock everything that's tied to that mechanic. Of course, given that Nintendo didn't maintain the mutliplayer functionality of the GBA games, that hope is probably futile.

I think pokemon stadium games might do fairly well on VC, Pkmn Coliseum in particular.

I would love to have Pokemon Coliseum on VC because I've never played it myself.

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess would be good.They could put the Wii and GC version together so you can play the Wii version without swinging around a Wii remote and wrenching your wrist.I at leas want the Wii world layout.I cannot comprehend the GC world at all because of how the Wii flipped it.

Seconding 60% of this thread by saying that Xenoblade Chronicles should be one of them. I doubt it due to the N3DS port but down the road I hope it's a thing.

Would love to see Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess (I think this one is a given at some point) and Mario Galaxy 1 on it at some point.

Probably the reason why Wii games are getting VC before Gamecube (or even N64) games is because the Wii U already has the capacity to run Wii games, so it's probably easier to get them to run by download (like how you can already download full Wii U games from the Eshop) than it would be to add the ability to emulate N64 and Gamecube games.

Of course, I don't exactly have any sort of background in coding stuff like that, so I could be completely off about the difficulty levels of that.

Would love to see Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess (I think this one is a given at some point) and Mario Galaxy 1 on it at some point.

I just realized that there is literally no reason not to have Galaxy 1. It runs on the same engine as Galaxy 2. Color me baffled.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice if they would add GC games to virtual console, in which case I want Path of Radiance because finding a physical copy is expensive. More expensive than Radiant Dawn in fact (which you can find for a reasonable price). Or you could emulate it.

Edited by Blue Druid

The games I would want on the virtual console would obviously be games like the Operational Rainfall trilogy, Radiant Dawn and Okami.

However, some lesser known games I would love to see on there would be

• Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies / Star Successor (same game, different name, depending on region)
  • Little King's Story
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade
  • Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
  • Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon

The only ones I'm really hoping for are Radiant Dawn and the Wii remake of Zero 2.

My copy of RD is NA-region so I can only play it on my husband's Wii with Gecko. We'll probably keep the Wii around for a while because we like the homebrew stuff on there and he's bought some VC games, but it would be nice to have it for the Wii U.

Zero 2 is mostly so I can play that again without hunting down a used copy, and I'd prefer to give Nintendo the money for the game rather than a reseller as a show of solidarity towards those who are working towards getting the 5th installement released internationally.