Allusions to FE7?

lancerusso

I already pointed this out, but it's probably been buried under all the hype- I thought I'd try and present it as compelling as possible.

Certainly, we have a dancer like Ninian, who has what may be a dragonstone pendant.

Manakete are definitely in this game- the ghostly dragon which decays into a human spirit could be nothing else.

But did anyone notice that thing in the blue dancer lass' eye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU&feature=youtu.be&t=59s

Cut to 59 Seconds if the embed doesn't do it.. or click on the youtubes button

Anything? Something spinning, orbiting inwards? Orangey-yellow background...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzqoKyLQMsQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m22s

Cut to 1m 22 Seconds if the embed doesn't do it.. or click on the youtubes button

It really gave me the heebie jeebies when I noticed it- considering how important eyes are in FE- eye colour, like hair can denote bloodlines; morph status; Lucina has her Exalt brand in her eye.
But it seems like a reflection- and whether or not it's alluding to the holy weapons of Elibe, or elsewhere, or new, it's definitely there for a reason.

I always loved FE7 because more than ever, Myrmidons and Nomads were more Japanese than ever - If I want to be really outlandish I'd suggest this game is in the distant future or past of elibe (I would actually suppose the former, considering we're all still waiting for a Scouring game), and is a world where the Sacaeans' decendants become isolated and develop into a feudal Japan like state, clashing with the western empires of European inspiration. Max looks like Zephiel to boot!

tl;dr call me crazy or watch the videos

Edited by lancerusso

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fe7 is my fav game too... I really hope we have to see Elibe back in a near future but I'm not sure it will be for this game... Although many elements make me thinks of it as well.

About the sacaeans... I think they are more based on mongolians. The costumes, plains and huts Are based on their culture. They are nomads.

Edited by NineIX

About the sacaeans... I think they are more based on mongolians. The costumes, plains and huts Are based on their culture. They are nomads.

Agreed- but except they're the closest we get to actual Japanese, save for Chon'sin in FE:A. I did say it was outlandish- I don't follow the theory, but it's a possibility. Chon'sin sprung out of the completely non-japanese Riger and Sofia on Valm between FE1 and FE14, so anything can happen in a future Elibe.

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing some Elibe references. We haven't had a major dancer character since Ninian, and the FE6 bard was pretty important as well (his name escapes me atm).

Granted, the herons in Tellius weren't exactly minor, but I can see the connection.

The map shown super briefly is a lot like one of the Lyn mode chapters, as well. It's the one where you recruit Dorcas; the design is almost exactly the same, albeit with a 2 square chokepoint in FE7 instead of the 3 shown in the trailer.

If I had to bet, this is a new continent, but I could see this being Elibe too.

...Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

EDIT: wait... I just watched it a few more times.

Holy crap I think I see what you're saying.

Now we just need someone with uber duber awesome video slowing enhancement skills (aka program and time) to show us the proof in the pixels

#Iwanttobelievekindofactuallynotsureifilikewherethisisgoing

I would just prefer a Scouring game

Plase, please, please let it NOT be Elibe. I'd take Magvel or a whole new continent over Elibe any day of the week.

This. I was not a fan of FE7. And Magvel is the only continent that only has one game.

S0McTVr.png

idk

I don't think so now.

I agree it's not massively convincing, but it was the colour tones of her eyes which invoked a blazing background for me- and what else could the orbiting strands be- they're definitely not a physical part of her eyes.

It may be the shards of a Fire Emblem; or this new continent's holy weapons.

Well, technically FE13 has only one game too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ylisse previously Akaneia a long time before the events of Awakening?

Edited by DragonLord

S0McTVr.png

I'm not saying I buy into this theory, but those objects "in" her eye are clearly reflections of weapons, and that axe looks an awful lot like Armads.

I'm not saying I buy into this theory, but those objects "in" her eye are clearly reflections of weapons, and that axe looks an awful lot like Armads.

You know the image on the left is taken from Fire Emblem 7, right? I can't see the objects in her eye clearly enough, myself.

and that axe looks an awful lot like Armads.

You're right, it does. Maybe this game sees the return of the Elibian Legendary Weapons?

EDIT: Never mind, it's not from the new trailer.

Edited by DragonLord

I'm surprised people thought L95's enhance skills were good enough to get Armads out. (Not to say they are bad)

Also, people shouldn't be on a downer if it IS Elibe - FE:A is as similar to Marth's adventures as night and day. It'll merely be linking stories for nostalgia's sake, probably.

Edited by lancerusso

If it's a sequel/prequel to FE6/7, you can paint me happy.

I can kinda see what you're saying with the eye thing. Kinda. I think the blatant Ninian expyness of her is a bit more notable.

That said, they zoomed in on her eye for a reason, so I guess that's as good as any.

Plase, please, please let it NOT be Elibe. I'd take Magvel or a whole new continent over Elibe any day of the week.

I don't see anything pointing to Magvel.... but I see Elibe