Allusions to FE7?

lancerusso

And that picture how do you guys notice such things holy crap.

You gravely underestimate the power of hype my friend.

Oh, except FE4 IS high art of course. Because of Chapter 5.

This. So much this.

Edited by DragonLord

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't want an Elibe game, but I'll deal with it if it is. I mean, it is Fire Emblem, and I'm not gonna pass up on that.

I'd really want Magvel, something related to that. But I don't see anything in this trailer teaser that has any relevance or significance that could point to it being at least remotely related to Sacred Stones.

But if it does end up being an Elibe game, here goes to hoping for a line of Fire Emblem amiibo! Might be a stretch, but I can hope!

When it comes to Elibe, I don't want it, and neither should anyone else.

that was really funny, mostly due to its truth. though, i still love a handful of characters (much like awakening), and, much unlike fe13, the shitty story is at least entertaining, i feel.

but, there's also this:

If this does take place on Elibe, it's obviously so far placed from 7 or 6 wise any issues with their story/characters shouldn't matter.

there's nothing wrong with elibe. if they want to base it in elibe idgaf, if they want to place it in tellius or akaneia or jugdral, it doesn't matter. it's a new game with new characters and an "all new" story. it's a new fire emblem.

No, but disliking a game on its predecessors is relatively irrational.

Firstly, how can I dislike a game that isn't even out, let alone one I've played? xP

Second, maybe I shouldn't pass it up completely if it's an Elibe game, but it will still hurt my interest in it.

*ELIBE INTENSIFIES*

But seriously, not even Banzai's magnum opus has made me love Elibe less, it's easily my favourite FE world and I would love if FE14 was in fact related to Elibe <3

Plase, please, please let it NOT be Elibe. I'd take Magvel or a whole new continent over Elibe any day of the week.

Yeah, I agree with you Clock

I would also like for it to NOT be in the Archanea/Valentia area

Almost half of the entire series is enough

I think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't be too surprised. The similarities could easily be coincidence, but Awakening revisited Akaneia, the first FE's world, so perhaps this could be revisiting Elibe, the first worldwide FE world.

Also if it is based in Elibe it probably won't even be called Elibe, like Awakening's Ylisse.

Oh, except FE4 IS high art of course. Because of Chapter 5.

Not sure if joking.

Thinking you are, though.

Not sure if joking.

Thinking you are, though.

Narf. Considering the constraints of game development at the time, having a game where

ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS ARE BRUTALLY MASSACRED HALFWAY THROUGH

is pretty awesome.

It made me bawl like a little girl. What is art, if not anything that provokes thoughts and emotions?

But High art? I was just embellishing things. It was semi-jokey. I'm not well acclimated to serenes forest, I've been away for a long while, so I'm not sure what everyone's casual conversation/joke/serious opinion threshold is

Edited by lancerusso

and the 100% bonkers teaser spec begins

like seriously nothing in the first post is at all relevant

Hm?

So there isn't a dancer, and there isn't something in her eye?

She doesn't have a pendant, which given the circumstances under which it doesn't glow, isn't a dragonstone?

I already said the elibe thing is outlandish- very much so. But there is definitely something in her eye- and it's definitely important.

Literally the only thing I could think of when I spotted it was holy weapons - whether it's the Jugdral ones arranged in the family circle in the stat screens or the ones that appear in the FE7 opening.

I'm well aware of your dislike of FE7, or at least your dismissal of it because of story issues, but there are many parallels between things in the teaser and in FE7- although there are plenty of different things, and I'm sure if one looks, one could find plenty of links between the teaser and any game.

But I don't see how anything in the first post is irrelevant.

(Edit: Also, let me reiterate if my boldifiying of outlandish in OP wasn't enough. It is balls to the wall crazy to suggest such links with tenuous information. But I'm bored)

Edited by lancerusso

Hm?

So there isn't a dancer, and there isn't something in her eye?

She doesn't have a pendant, which given the circumstances under which it doesn't glow, isn't a dragonstone?

I already said the elibe thing is outlandish- very much so. But there is definitely something in her eye- and it's definitely important.

Literally the only thing I could think of when I spotted it was holy weapons - whether it's the Jugdral ones arranged in the family circle in the stat screens or the ones that appear in the FE7 opening.

I'm well aware of your dislike of FE7, or at least your dismissal of it because of story issues, but there are many parallels between things in the teaser and in FE7- although there are plenty of different things, and I'm sure if one looks, one could find plenty of links between the teaser and any game.

But I don't see how anything in the first post is irrelevant.

The pendant could be the Fire Emblem

The pendant could be the Fire Emblem

Uh-huh. This is more likely. But she has a water thematic going on; the Fire Emblem may be something different. Then again, FE8's fire emblem wasn't too fiery.

ALSO! Having thought about it, and gone looking, FE4 also has its holy weapons in radial formation in the intro- however these are rotating the opposite direction.

The general motif of having the weapons in such a pattern is relevant, I think, though- I was always disappointed with FE:A's lack of unique holy weapons distributable to your army

Sure, you have the old ones regurgitated, but they don't feel special like they do in other games.

Uh-huh. This is more likely. But she has a water thematic going on; the Fire Emblem may be something different. Then again, FE8's fire emblem wasn't too fiery.

ALSO! Having thought about it, and gone looking, FE4 also has its holy weapons in radial formation in the intro- however these are rotating the opposite direction.

The general motif of having the weapons in such a pattern is relevant, I think, though- I was always disappointed with FE:A's lack of unique holy weapons distributable to your army

Sure, you have the old ones regurgitated, but they don't feel special like they do in other games.

The FE7 Fire Emblem was more darknessy then fiery

Then again, the Fire Emblem has never really been fiery

Her being a dancer is not relevant to this being connected to Elibe

Also the thing in her eye not relevant at all, mark my words

I've seen a lot of FE trailers in my time, if something isn't there in front of you and obvious it doesn't mean much

Her being a dancing manakete draws parallels to FE7 - that's all I was pointing out.

See the title- Allusions. Covert references. The dancer thing isn't covert as such, but the eye thing is.

If the eye thing is merely a visual flair, fair enough. But why bother having the camera zoom in on her eye if it ain't significant. Mark my words. :D

*tilts back in chair* hmmmmm.... all the what if's and possibilities...

Your theory about the Elibe weapons in the FE7 intro and the refletion in the dancers eye... I'll admit its quite an interesting presumption.

However I feel like its like looking at an ink blot, you see what you want to see.

Me personally I wouldn't go so far as to say it takes place in Elibe outright, there's so little to go on, pure individual speculation with what little information we've received with this teaser trailer. At a guess I couldn't even begin to tell you my thoughts on the location,

This game will be FE7 worldwide (as in, 7th international FE).

Elibe setting confirmed.

Good eye. That reminds me I never noticed until much later how some of the character's birthdays in Awakening shared them with days that games themselves were released either in Japan or internationally so that might very well be a possibility.

Just like I think there will be some form of Metroid game in 2016 being its 30th anniversary and all and the fact that Nintendo did nothing for its 25th anniversary.

Honestly, the way I see it is that Awakening was only set in the Kagaverse to cash in on its' popularity as the biggest and original of the four current Fire Emblem universes while having the setting be a new, fifth one in all but name. It is particularly telling how they bothered to have it take place so far from anything else in the Kagaverse (chronologicaly speaking) so that little to no of the previous lore matters and they could do practically whatever they wanted. And given the newbie boom that Awakening caused I highly doubt they would want to go back to any previous setting at this point. As such, this is probably going to be the actual fifth universe and not the Kagaverse, Elibeverse, Magvelverse or Telliusverse. Though, despite the impression I might be giving of with this post, I actually wouldn't mind a fifth universe. Frankly, given the current state of affairs in regards to this franchise I think all of the previous four universes as well as this possible fifth one would be better of for it if FE14 were to be a fifth universe.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Wait everybody, we don't have direct allusions to Elibe. What we have are several strong allusions to Ninian, and rather than connect it to Elibe, I would sooner connect this to dragons Gate. After all, that swirling orange/red thing sure does remind me of that portal. Perhaps rather than a return to Elibe, we get another visit from through the gate but its a different gate in a different place. Or something. Just throwing this general idea out there.