Allusions to FE7?

lancerusso

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're confusing the primary colors of pigment with the primary colors of light.

The ones you listed are the primary and secondary colors of pigment. You know, paints and stuff.

The primary and secondary colors of light are different. The primaries are red, green, and blue and the secondaries are cyan, yellow, and magenta. IIRC, that is.

Oh. And I've taken a bunch of art and science classes. How could I have not known this? ._.

Oh. And I've taken a bunch of art and science classes. How could I have not known this? ._.

I remember finding it all very confusing when I was younger. So I don't really blame you.

Back on topic, Max's sword and Exaccus? Sure, Exaccus was a FE6 thing, but it still counts.

I remember finding it all very confusing when I was younger. So I don't really blame you.

Back on topic, Max's sword and Exaccus? Sure, Exaccus was a FE6 thing, but it still counts.

Yeah, I would be inclined to agree on the similarities. One of the major reasons I paralleled Max's forces and Bern was his purple armour and their westernised, imperialistic design.

Furthermore, the resemblance of the dragon in the teaser to the Mage Dragons of Akaenia and the Demon Dragon(s) of Elibe is something I've only just noticed now. More food for thought.

And yeah, I very much agree with Caz's stance. These are all just allusions, and there's no outstanding evidence of this being anything but a new world.

However, when the world map comes out, I guarantee congruence to Elibe. MARK MY WORDS

Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Maybe after doing some hallucinogenics. Sorry mang.

I've seen a lot of FE trailers in my time, if something isn't there in front of you and obvious it doesn't mean much

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to DORKASS...

Edited by Tryhard

Yeah, I would be inclined to agree on the similarities. One of the major reasons I paralleled Max's forces and Bern was his purple armour and their westernised, imperialistic design.

Furthermore, the resemblance of the dragon in the teaser to the Mage Dragons of Akaenia and the Demon Dragon(s) of Elibe is something I've only just noticed now. More food for thought.

And yeah, I very much agree with Caz's stance. These are all just allusions, and there's no outstanding evidence of this being anything but a new world.

However, when the world map comes out, I guarantee congruence to Elibe. MARK MY WORDS

1. I actually didn't catch on to the armour thing, mainly because the GBA games always had red enemy palettes with exceptions for a few bosses. But now that you mention it, I can see what you're referring to.

2. I guess I can kinda see it? Though if it's the latter, that means whoever it is (Kamui, probably) got their soul ripped out to mass produce an army of dragons/follow some other command (there's no other real use for doing so, Idoun isn't really a threatening boss) so I doubt there's more to it.

3. Yeah, despite all the Elibe Confirmed Pokémon meme jokes, I'm inclined to agree. Mainly because of the oriental stuff, but hey, Sofia and Rigel could do it!

4. Oh? Why?

4. Oh? Why?

Oh, I don't claim the power of prescience, but for once I'm doing the exciting betting method.

Usually I'd bet for the norm, the boring option. Then I win if it's boring, and lose if it's exciting. There's a net gain.

But you don't win at gambling by doing safe bets. And if, beyond all expectations, Elibe is linked to FEif, I can just reference my above post and claim my rightful place among the gods.

Oh, I don't claim the power of prescience, but for once I'm doing the exciting betting method.

Usually I'd bet for the norm, the boring option. Then I win if it's boring, and lose if it's exciting. There's a net gain.

But you don't win at gambling by doing safe bets. And if, beyond all expectations, Elibe is linked to FEif, I can just reference my above post and claim my rightful place among the gods.

I see. Well, I'll be happy if it's Elibe, so I'm rooting for you.

• 2 months later...

Time for more tinfoil!
The surface wave on the water at the start is CLEARLY demonstrative of the FE7 opening, and the trailer finishes with the spinning golden eye thing that I say looks like the legendary weapons from the FE7 opening.

The big bad Nohr king had the same look on his face as Nergal did when he sucked people's quintessence out. See, conclusive proof of elibe.

I''ll upload a 50 minute video analysis soon, you guys'll see

[in all seriousness, I like the direction this is taking now; so long as the endgames are drastically different as well... I'm concerned that the we were told that joining Nohr would mean you trying to undermine and reform the country for good, rather than get to be the bad guys :/]

Something I just noticed is that the Hoshidan and Nohr 'siblings' seem to have unique (magical?) weapons. This might just be me overthinking things, but...

There were 8 legendary weapons in Elibe, right? There are 8 'siblings' total. Coincidence??

- Ryouma and Marx are both displayed wielding rather magically imbued swords in the trailers.

- Hoshidan archer guy also seems to have a non-standard bow; in that one cutscene glimpse from the second trailer, where he's aiming at the screen, the bow appears to be glowing with energy (magical bow?)

- Camilla has an ax? and the two imoutos seem to have staves.

- Nohrian mage guy and Hinoka seem to have the most non-descript weapons (as far as I know) out of the bunch from the image on the official website, so they're kind of a mystery.

But with that, I'm also not sure where Kamui and dancer girl fall into this equation. Kamui has that Yatogami sword, and dancer girl has her lance. Both weapons seem plot/character-important, at the very least.

(I've never actually played FE7 so correct me if I'm wrong)

The Elibe weapons were

Durandal - Sword (player) - Roland

Armads - Axe - Durban

Forblaze - Anima - Athos

Aureola - Light - Elimine

Murgleis - Bow - Hanon

Maltet - Lance - whatever that Illian dude is named I forget

Apocalypse - Dark - Brammimond

Exaccus - Sword (Enemy) - Hartmut

So I seriously doubt that.

Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

The Elibe weapons were

Durandal - Sword (player) - Roland

This would be Marx's blade I guess. You could say it kind of looks like black flame energy around it.

Armads - Axe - Durban

Camilla seems to be a Wyvern Rider, so this would be hers.

Forblaze - Anima - Athos

Either Sakura or the name-not-yet-known Nohr imouto. Both are staff users, so both being able to use tomes too (at least at some point) is reasonable.

Aureola - Light - Elimine

See above

Murgleis - Bow - Hanon

Clearly Takumi the archer

Maltet - Lance - whatever that Illian dude is named I forget

Hinoka the pegasus knight

Apocalypse - Dark - Brammimond

The name-not-yet-known Nohr tome-weilding dark knight.

Exaccus - Sword (Enemy) - Hartmut

Ryouma, whose blade has lightning properties, just like it.

Ok, in truth, this could be complete coincidence, but the legendary Elibe Weapons surprisingly DO seem to fit very well in with the 4 siblings on each side, the only oddity being that two of the siblings were shown using staves. But considering stave users often promote to tome users as well, that puts the numbers just right.

Edit: ok, to clarify a bit, yah, I realize the weapons aren't an exact match, especially when you consider appearances. But:

Legendary weapons: 2 swords

Siblings: 2 sword users

Legendary weapons: 1 axe

Sibling: 1 (probable) axe user

Legendary weapons: 1 lance

Siblings: 1 (probable) lance user

Legendary weapons: 3 tomes

Siblings 1 tome user + 2 stave users (which will certainly be able to use tomes at some point at least)

So yah, actually, while they may not have the weapons to start with, it is pretty clear that the 8 siblings almost certainly COULD weild the 8 legendary weapons end game.

Edited by Mad_Scientist

If this game does take place in the Elibe universe at any point in the timeline, then it is very interesting that Kamui is able to transform into a dragon (because of the Scouring).

The 8 Legendary Weapons of Elibe wound up in Roy's possession at the end of FE6. Perhaps Hoshido and Nohr are what became of Lycia far in the future, and each nation possesses half of the legendary weapons?

Also, if I remember correctly, the legendary weapons warped the laws of nature and threatened to destroy the world (which is why they were sealed). Interestingly, the world of FEif has a number of unnatural oddities, such as Hoshido floating in the sky and Nohr appearing to be stuck in eternal night. Also, the first teaser trailer showed soldiers fighting that giant tree monster, and recent trailers have shown those scary-looking troll-like monsters (which are called Nosferatu or something?) Maybe the world is falling apart due to the legendary weapons, and Hoshido and Nohr believe that the other is at fault?

I'M JUST SPECULATING for the sake of speculation. Obviously, there's no evidence or reason to believe anything.

Edited by Pessimistic Penguin

honestly I really hope that it isn't elibe that ties with akenea for my most boring continent maybe it's because I haven't played fe 6 but I just never found it intresting

I would love to see athos and hector again though

Duandal and Exaccus were huge not-katana things. Exaccus even randomly turned into a trident when not in use.

Perhaps their form has changed over the 2,000 or whatever years has passed since FE6? Or, more likely, perhaps none of the characters start off wielding the legendary weapons, and only acquire them during the course of the game.

What If(lol) it takes place during the early stages of the Scouring, and Nohr are the humans that disupted Elibe's peace in a sudden onslught, and Hoshido are the peace loving dragons.

Proof: Kamui is a manakete confrimed to be Hoshidan royalty, so it could work

That doesn't seem quite right, based on what we know about the scouring and the powers/nature of dragons.

On a different note, the spinning objects appear in the dancer's right eye in the new trailer two, but they spin counter clockwise in the new trailer instead of clockwise like the original teaser.

Inside the tag are a couple of shots from the original teaser, which show the apparent objects.

YD9gHzo.png

5O9H2MT.png

And here are some from the new trailer.

RPhszJM.png

Kg45q8z.png

Looking at both trailers closely though, it's very clear something is going on inside the pupil, not just the iris. In fact, it looks as though swirling black flames are inside her eye, centered on the pupil, rather than a bunch of spinning weapons roating around the pupil. At least to me.

I do think this is definitely important and significent of something, but I don't think it's a FE7 connection anymore.

Edited by Mad_Scientist

Meh, I would love another Elibe game. Lyn is amazing, but if it is a new setting, I'm okay with it.

Besides, my last probaly shouldn't be taken seriously anyway.

I do get alot of Elibe vibes from both trailers tho.

Also would be nice to get an explanation for the Mani and Sol Kattis other than obligatory Lord weapons

I think the Dancer might just be some Oracle-kind of character, and the flames are just visions of her seeing a war or whatever.

Still hope the Eckesachs makes a return though. That thing was awesome.