Could this game take place in Chon 'sin?

DarkSage764

I have a theory that this game might take place in Chon'sin. I mean, in the trailer, the swordsman in the painting right before the dancing girl is wearing attire quite similar to that of the Swordmaster class in Awakening. Both Say'ri and Yen'fay wear attire similar to the swordsman mentioned earlier. Both Say'ri and Yen'fay are from Chon'sin, which we know has a lot similarities to feudal Japan. Plus, if there's anything this trailer can tell us about the environment, it definitely takes a lot of inspiration from feudal japan. Coincidence? I think NOT.

Discuss!

Edit: Not to say I wouldn't enjoy a fresh game, it would be quite nice actually. I just noticed the similarities.

Edited by DarkSage764

Not a bad theory, but just because two things were inspired by the same thing doesn't mean they're related. The Star Bits from the Super Mario Galaxy games and the Gratitude Crystals in Zelda: Skyward Sword were actually based off the same thing, but were made for two entirely different game series. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Probably not; unless otherwise noted, FE entries are in a new world. Heck, this is the first time we're getting one with a prominent Japanese setting. Chon'sin was barely even featured in Awakening.

Its in Valm, so that would make this game the 7th Archanea game.

oh god why

I agree, it's feasible that this is a Valm prequel story (say~1000 years prior), with a much subdued presence for the game on the spiritual scale (IE, a much more domestic plot than 'evil dudes summoning world ending evil dragon')

however, I do think this game will be stand alone and completely fresh (IE not have Elibe links either, though I do want to bring attention to any possibilities. Sciencific method etc. Strive to disprove your theory)

The most compelling arguement for it being stand alone is that the first segment of the teaser is probably in the game's distant past (See the painting part); and a common theme in FE games is history repeating itself (Demon king returns, 1000 years of peace happens ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME in FE) and hence the first part of the teaser with the Face of Truth Golem could be this world's founding myth.

It would make sense. Fire Emblems tend to come in pairs (1/3, 4/5, 6/7, 9/10, 11/12). That would explain the hybrid of Eastern and European aestethics.

But I agree with others that it's not very likely (though I'd love it if it was otherwise).

oh god why

I agree, it's feasible that this is a Valm prequel story (say~1000 years prior), with a much subdued presence for the game on the spiritual scale (IE, a much more domestic plot than 'evil dudes summoning world ending evil dragon')

however, I do think this game will be stand alone and completely fresh (IE not have Elibe links either, though I do want to bring attention to any possibilities. Sciencific method etc. Strive to disprove your theory)

The most compelling arguement for it being stand alone is that the first segment of the teaser is probably in the game's distant past (See the painting part); and a common theme in FE games is history repeating itself (Demon king returns, 1000 years of peace happens ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME in FE) and hence the first part of the teaser with the Face of Truth Golem could be this world's founding myth.

Or it could be set earlier, and be a prequel to Gaiden

There are monsters in the game so far from what we've seen, so...

ehh I doubt it. I agree with RedFox who agrees with Banzai here.

Its very possible but I think this is going to be a standalone title with its own world which is fine by me.

Basically this.

Plus, I'd just be /very/ happy if Awakening's world wasn't revisited. Or anything else from Awakening, but that's another story.