New 3DS/New Fire Emblem Bundle?

Estebane

I misread my information, my apologies. The article was phrased in a way that made it sound like the new games were only playable on the new hardware, especially in the case of MH4 with the dual control stick. It seems like Xenoblade is the only one that requires the new 3DS.

Some like MM3D have extra features that as of now pretty much are C-stick camera and faster loading.

Not to mention they pretty much show that faster loading with titles that were released before new 3DS even hit Japan, like Smash. Makes me wonder if the new 3DS's processing power will help fix minor bugs like framerate dropping in Pokemon during horde battles.

I don't know, but I'm going to wait to find out.

If they do, I hope they put in a downloadcode for the game instead of pre-installing it.

First reason for that being that you'd probably want to transfer your old data to the new system without the game's license being lost and secondly.. I want to resell that code and get the retail version, haha.

Doing a data transfer to a system that already has games installed on it keeps those games, you just need to redownload them from the eShop if you changed the SD card.

By the way, folks, the trailer footage was clearly on a regular 3ds XL (note the different camera design), so there shouldn't be any doubt on what it runs on.

The Awakening-bundle sold very well, so I could see them doing another one. I'd love to get it myself - my "old" 3DS XL still works fine but I'm a sucker for more processing power darnit.

Plus I was almost kind of disappointed when I found out there would be a FE-styled 3DS XL just five months after I got my regular one.

I'm torn on this. I Bought the Awakening 3DS, but I lost it on vacation in November, so some Egyptian is now very rich/lucky, so I can either wait and see if they annouce one for Japan and then hope it crosses the Pacific, but I can't play any of 3DS games from the next 10 months probably(At least), which is fine. Or I can sacrifice my superfan badge of pride and just by a new one now (wether it'll be a NEW one is debatable)

I'm torn on this. I Bought the Awakening 3DS, but I lost it on vacation in November, so some Egyptian is now very rich/lucky, so I can either wait and see if they annouce one for Japan and then hope it crosses the Pacific, but I can't play any of 3DS games from the next 10 months probably(At least), which is fine. Or I can sacrifice my superfan badge of pride and just by a new one now (wether it'll be a NEW one is debatable)

Oh gosh, sorry to hear about that. ;___;

I looked back into the Serenes Forest archives and apparently they announced the Awakening 3DS bundle approximately a month and a half before April 19th, or the Japanese release date. FE14's release date is either in late Q2 or in Q3, so if they are going to announce the bundle, it may be around the time of April to July? This is all speculative; for all I know, they might announce the bundle earlier or later...

Plus I was almost kind of disappointed when I found out there would be a FE-styled 3DS XL just five months after I got my regular one.

Ha, already having a 3DS didn't stop me from buying the Awakening bundle. ^^ I then had two systems to help me trade between 3DS Pokemon games anyway!

And I wanted a DSi despite already having a DS Phat and DS Lite, so of course I'll eventually set my sights on that New 3DS too. I'm just waiting for a cooler color to come out. I don't like the ones that will be available upon launch.

Edited by Anacybele

I'd buy it. It'd be nice to have one for the series' 25th Anniversary. ^^ (Not to mention I'm totally jealous of all my friends having XLs while I'm stuck with my shorter battery life and tiny screen. qq)