Thoughts on New Fire Emblem's quicker localization

HeartTranquil

There is a possibility that this game will get a much quicker localization given:

1) How extraordinarily well FEA sold in NA; and
2) How quickly this appeared, well global debut, across all Nintendo direct regions (this wasn't the case for FEA); and

The 2 points above makes me think that this won't be another FEA in terms of the long localization delay.

Thoughts?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll get it in by Winter this year. Makes sense gives a year for translation/localization and takes advatage of the holiday sales and "hype train". I could imagine they could reuse some of the same localization members and voice actors for this game so alot should be set in place. The only reason I could see it coming out in the Summer worldwide is if Nintendo deems theres a gap in their release schedule and they want something to hold over. But Ninty is not the sort to do that.

Edited by TacoMan42

I think the earliest would be Q4 this year, and that's if they don't have a million of supports to translate (Fire Emblems have typically been more text heavy games than most, especially with Awakening having the most support convos to date) or are generally more lax with it compared to other first party games. Hopefully if it has to be 2016 release, it won't be any later than summer....I just hope it doesn't come too much later than the Japan release, cuz 1 year in between is sad when we have lots of other game localizations being sold within a few months of or side by side the Japan release.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Unless they plan on making use of VA talent like they had for the localized version of Awakening and voicing the supports and/or important cutscenes entirely, I can't wait longer than Fall 2015 for this game. I say this but I'll still wait because I am IS' bitch atm. It'd be amazing if we could get it right after Japan but I doubt that...

Edited by Sorin

Time to board the hype train!

Hopefully by Q4 or Q1 2016? It really depends on the amount of supports and in-game text. A quick localization would be nice but I hope it's not going to be rushed. If anything, I'm just hoping for better supports... FE13 was seriously "quantity over quality."

I could see a winter or fall release. While Nintendo's consoles have fell behind this generation pretty far, Nintendo itself has got its shit together for release dates and development, and it's become a habit for game unveils to come fairly soon to release dates, compared to previous generations.

I'M TOO IMPATIENT FOR THAT.

IMPORTS FOR DAYS.

Speaking of which, most of the physical games I'll be getting this year are imports, wow.

Well, Neal, you actually have a legit reason to import and play it.

To protect the weeb Feudal Japan aura in the story to the fullest extent by reading it in the UNADULTERATED HOLY LANGUAGE OF THE RISING SUN.

Well, Neal, you actually have a legit reason to import and play it.

To protect the weeb Feudal Japan aura in the story to the fullest extent by reading it in the UNADULTERATED HOLY LANGUAGE OF THE RISING SUN.

To be fair, I'm assuming that's only half of the game, and there's a Western vibe opposing the Feudal Japan aura, but screw that, nihongo for days.

But that raises the question: Did the kanji in Kakusei have furigana? Was there a kanji-less option?

I'm assuming the Japanese is easier than Kiseki-level Japanese, though, so it shouldn't be impossible to read should I import the game.

As much as I don't like waiting as the next person, I would rather have a better quality game overall if the localization isn't rushed especially in a text heavy game like FE. Let's not forget what happened with PWAA Dual Destinies.

I think Nintendo is finally being smart about their localization. When a script for a part of the game is green light they likely sent it straight to the Nintendo of America offices. We have the internet they can send stuff while their writing it to be translated and I think were getting a bit of that. Maybe not at maximum speed where we would get them very close to each other but I see having just a few months delay as opposed to the long wait of yesteryear. I do think EU will still get screwed and have to wait until 2016 but I can see an October release for North America.

I'm hoping to play this by Christmas.

Outside of Wii games and 'special' announcements, Nintendo seems to announce games fairly close to release. I know it's not that great of an example, but look at Majora's Mask. It's coming in February. The fact that this game is coming out in Summer in Japan (like August 31 right?/sarcasm) is a good sign we might get it sooner than you'd think. Fire Emblem is much more a priority now than it was with Shadow Dragon and Awakening.

My guess is we'll get it this year, but not the same time as Japan; the thing with FE is ALLLLLL that damn text to translate means we're probably not getting a simult release even with Awakening's rampant success making Nintendo step up their localization. Japan has a vague release date of Q2/Q3 of this year, so even Japan's release is ambiguous. At worst, we'll probably get it next year, but it won't take a year to localize like Awakening did.

Edited by Aiddon

But that raises the question: Did the kanji in Kakusei have furigana? Was there a kanji-less option?

This isn't Pokemon, Neal.

People die when they are killed.

That isn't particularly geared towards kids.

That's a no on both counts.

Edited by shadowofchaos