Thoughts on New Fire Emblem's quicker localization

HeartTranquil

In took Pokemon only 6 gens to get worldwide releases!

Pokemon has a bigger fan base and FE can be very confusing for a newcomer to the series as opposed to Pokemon. Sometimes people ask what games I play and I'm hesitant to say the Ace Attorney and Fire Emblem series because most of the time, said people don't know about it and doesn't seem interested. I'm also bad at describing things so...yeah FE is also kind have hard to describe to another person anyway, at least imo. But you also have to remember that Pokemon had earlier exposure to the west compared to the FE series(the west didn't get FE until FE7 while Pokemon has been seen since Red/Blue) so I don't think saying that it only took 6 gens to get to an international release should be counted against the FE series.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah, that is so unlikely but just to shorten the time for localization.

I also wouldn't mind English VA as long as it's good, tho.
Anyway, Pokemon can get a global release since they have no need to localize the VA, too. The Pokemon's original voices stay the same thoroughout all versions of the games.

If it's the land of the rising sun, then why do people call the language moonspeak?

???

Probably has to do with how Japanese writing (kanji, katakana, and furigana) is referred to as "moon runes" and those who know Japanese as "moon rune readers" which is a reference to The Hobbit.

^ I know, I've already decided to go full-hermit mode once the game is released in Japan. I had basically already read Awakening's entire story before I even got the game. That's my own fault, but still.

Meanwhile, I'm the only one who actually likes reading up spoilers. I read the entire script of FE2 before playing it...

My personal goal is to do a Waifu Execution Exhibition before English release.

Sounds like a perfectly valid plan. I imagine Olinian is up first, being the first FE14 character I saw waifu'd.

The people you mentioned really aren't any more special than the ones Awakening had as it is. Bosch works with a lot of the Awakening cast as it is, and I don't think Sean Schemmel even does voice work anymore aside from Goku.

Schemmel did Lucarios voice in Mystery of Mew and Smash 4.

Meanwhile, I'm the only one who actually likes reading up spoilers. I read the entire script of FE2 before playing it...

Sounds like a perfectly valid plan. I imagine Olinian is up first, being the first FE14 character I saw waifu'd.

I always end up spoiling myself on story stuff cause I'm too impatient, so I'll probably looking at the FE14 spoilers as soon as they come out.

Poor Shock

On the Awakening board it was almost impossible to not get hit by the Lucina spoiler. I think we should all make a pact to spoiler tag post-release info.

My personal goal is to do a Waifu Execution Exhibition before English release.

I await the vid and the extremely obvious anal annihilation that will be in the comments

Wank Hill ver. 2?

I always end up spoiling myself on story stuff cause I'm too impatient, so I'll probably looking at the FE14 spoilers as soon as they come out.

Poor Shock

Spoiling myself happens on accident, man

like i try to look up things on the game i'm playing

and then i get spoiled on like, fucking everything, bro

It was a very life changing experience

i'm still not sure if it happened >~>

I await the vid and the extremely obvious anal annihilation that will be in the comments

Wank Hill ver. 2?

Spoiling myself happens on accident, man

like i try to look up things on the game i'm playing

and then i get spoiled on like, fucking everything, bro

It was a very life changing experience

i'm still not sure if it happened >~>

Staying away from the TVTropes page of a game you haven't finished it a good first step.

You threatened to poke people and stab then with a pen when they used pics of her as their avi

Staying away from the TVTropes page of a game you haven't finished it a good first step.

You threatened to poke people and stab then with a pen when they used pics of her as their avi

As well as staying away from the wiki's and YT vids of a game are probably another

>~>

<~<

>~<

I'm tempted to use her as an avi just to see if he'd stab me

I'm tempted to use her as an avi just to see if he'd stab me

Hasn't stabbed Glace or Shirley.

About the topic itself, It'll be cool to see it localized quicker I suppose, if anything since translation efforts take up a decent amount of time regardless, I'd like a localization announcement sooner, so to speak... so yeah.

Edited by Soledai