Top 10 things I would like to see in Fire Emblem if

Snowy_One

Just something that came to my mind the other day:

In case they bing back that stupid marriage system, I honestly hope they don't include any homo relationships.

I don't care who people love in real life, but that's just something I don't want to see in games like "Fire Emblem". Focus should lay on the gameplay (and the main story) again, not the support system.

Oh well, I guess it's most likely not happening anyways.

I don't see why not. There have been implied homosexual relationships in paired endings before, they could easily make similar S supports, especially if there aren't children involved. But I don't expect it either. And I could do without in-game marriage entirely tbh. A lot of people have said they would like for S supports to not necessarily be marriage and I agree. Having some variety for paired endings works better. Just have your S-rank partner show up as "Companion" during the game.

Although then people would get mad that their Avatar's paired ending with so and so ended up being best buds instead of marriage. -_- Unless you got to make choices throughout Avatar's supports to lean more to romance or friendship. Then you could control what you want your S rank to be.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why not. There have been implied homosexual relationships in paired endings before, they could easily make similar S supports, especially if there aren't children involved. But I don't expect it either. And I could do without in-game marriage entirely tbh. A lot of people have said they would like for S supports to not necessarily be marriage and I agree. Having some variety for paired endings works better. Just have your S-rank partner show up as "Companion" during the game.

Although then people would get mad that their Avatar's paired ending with so and so ended up being best buds instead of marriage. -_- Unless you got to make choices throughout Avatar's supports to lean more to romance or friendship. Then you could control what you want your S rank to be.

I like this idea.While I would like homosexual relationships I don't see it happening.But if the did what you suggested,allowing you to chose whether a support is romantic or not could be good and an S support like you said could be Husband/Wife or Companion.(Hopefully they d this,but we did not get same sex couples in Tomodachi Life which was a life simulator so yeah).

There could be an engagement ring item, which you give to a male character if you want him to marry the character he is s-supported with. If there are multiples that fit this description, the it is whomever he is paired with at that point.

In no particular order.

10.For Marth and other characters from previous FE games should appear as bonus characters (but not nearly as many bonus characters as there were in Awakening)

9. To have a plot that doesn't involve time travel. (It's not a bad thing but is seriously overused in media)

8. To have reclassing work like it did in Shadow Dragon, so you can experiment around without wasting rare items. Either that or completely remove it.

7. If there is an Avatar make it so you can fully customize what kind of unit they are.

6. Bring back Wi-Fi battles. I never tried them but they sound cool.

5. For Streetpass teams to return with more customization.

4. Bring back varied chapter goals, such as escape from the map and last for X turns.

3. For world map to return. (I like being able to do things while I'm stuck or bored with the story)

2. You can save anywhere no matter what mode you choose.

1. For Nintendo to localize Fire Emblem 12 Easily accessible option to restart a chapter.

Edited by Star and Moon

Things I'd like to see in the new FE:

Pairing up is reworked to be more balanced and be more of a strategical option instead of "do this at all times or you're playing wrong". It really shafted "novelty units" like Flavio and other latecomers who had almost no supports. Ideally pair up would just have been removed, but it's already confirmed to be back in.

Better map design, and more win conditions. Stuff like that map in Path of Radiance where you're holed up in a small, run-down fort and have to weather an attack for 9 turns, or the chapter in Radiant Dawn where you have to hold the castle against a huge siege. Stuff like that needs to come back.

Return to PoR's support system.

No children, or if there are any, make it like FE4. The eugenics thing was one of the biggest reasons supports sucked in Awakening. They were 100% quantity over quality because everyone had to be able to support each other.

Bring back weapon weight, Constitution, status staves, and fog of war.

Remove second seals and severely nerf reclassing in general.

Better skill balance.

More relevant characters and boss convos. A lot of units in Awakening join just because "muh Chrom" or "muh MU" like, say, Tharja. Many more than in previous FEs, and there are almost no characters like Legault, Jaffar, Duessel, etc. with some connection to the enemy side.

Less generic MU, if there must be one. Sure, some people may find it harder to self insert if MU isn't sort of a non-character (yet skilled and loved by all), but they should just have to deal with it.

I agree with all of this, especially in regards to supports/children and second seals.

Just something that came to my mind the other day:

In case they bing back that stupid marriage system, I honestly hope they don't include any homo relationships.

I don't care who people love in real life, but that's just something I don't want to see in games like "Fire Emblem". Focus should lay on the gameplay (and the main story) again, not the support system.

Oh well, I guess it's most likely not happening anyways.

I fully agree that they should not have homo-systems. First off, if children/second gens/whatever are around all it's going to do is make homo characters unwanted in favor of their bi/straight counterparts for better breeding and relational flexibility. Even if you aren't a min-maxer would you rather level up the homosexual who can't/won't have kids or the straight person whom you can marry off to another unit to get a child unit whom might be better? It's just a bad idea.

Even without children it's not a terribly good idea because it would be hyper-limited to only a few characters at best and make them really stick out like a sore thumb. Obviously that's not to say it CAN'T be done, lord knows FE has done/implied worse/similar with its incest subtones at times, but if it were to be done it is simply something disproportionately hard to do and probably can't be handled in depth.

You know it's really sad that I feel I have to say that. That 'tossing in a gay guy' is 'shallow and pointless' unless 'it's focused on in-depth'. It shows that gays are not fully accepted as 'equals' and any sort of relationship like that needs careful handling, especially since FE has, doubtless, had its share of hack-eyed/poorly laid-out romances and marriages *coughMistandBoydcough*, but that seems to be the way things are IMO. At least for now it seems like it's simply more trouble than its worth.

Doubly odd since Heather was likely a lesbian and Ike was placed under the microscope (and could still be gay since the only thing between him and a child is one night of binge drinking), but their bi/homosexuality is minor at best.

Note: no particular order

1. Return of legacy units.

2. Bigger Avatar Logbook (if bonus units return).

3. For the player character to meet his/her gender counterpart and interact as story character. It shouldn't be hard to do -- just look at Pokemon!

4. Less crap/junk classes.

5. NG+ content.

6. Reduced grinding time.

7. New objectives.

8. AoE attacks.

9. Free DLC/Spotpass content.

10. Fewer copy-paste supports.

Doubly odd since Heather was likely a lesbian and Ike was placed under the microscope (and could still be gay since the only thing between him and a child is one night of binge drinking), but their bi/homosexuality is minor at best.

Well there is always Tharja,who might not have a special ending with the female avatar,but will be obsessed with the avatar regardless of gender.

But yeah I agree with what you say

Edited by BlueLore

Using Awakening as a point of reference, for the next Fire Emblem I'd like to see:

1. More defensive maps and more terrain that can be used strategically. I want to see maps that require you to retreat to avoid being overwhelmed or have to gamble to retrieve treasure while under heavy siege.

2. Make each class have a defined role and have skills to support said role. No generic "This unit's evasion is slightly higher when the sun is shining and it's on a Tuesday" skills.

3. Make logical branching promotions. No units should lose or change their mount on promotion. No one should lose a weapon skill they had in their base class (ex. Dark Mage > Dark Knight)

4. Keep S level supports but limit the pairing options. I want to see real relationships, not "anyone with anyone" to support Eugenics Emblem.

5. Related to the above point, I want to see a strong cast without 2nd generation children.

6. More weapon diversity. Magic weapons that deal damage based on Strength and the Reaver weapons would be welcome returns. Also status-inducing weapons and staves.

7. Light and Dark Magic to return along with the magic triangle.

8. Make second seals rare outside of NG+. Make it so the 2nd skill of the promoted tier is learned earlier.

9. Item scrolls to learn non-class specific skills.

10. MU to be a significant character character but not the star or co-star of the plot.

Well there is always Tharja,who might not have a special ending with the female avatar,but will be obsessed with the avatar regardless of gender.

But yeah I agree with what you say

I don't think Tharja is 'bi' so much as she's 'Robin-sexual'. That could be me just reading her wrong though, but considering just how... weird... she is all around it wouldn't be shocking.

Fun fact: Female Robin with the Smash ball using it on Lucina = Family beat-down!

In no specific order:

10. More customization options/ability to choose starting class

9. Less novelty classes

8. Two separate generations with two separate stories

7. Ballisticans to return

6. More unique supports

5. World map

4. More emphasis on decisions

3. More gender-neutral classes

2. Legacy/DLC characters if possible

1. Less difficulty spikes

I don't think Tharja is 'bi' so much as she's 'Robin-sexual'. That could be me just reading her wrong though, but considering just how... weird... she is all around it wouldn't be shocking.

Fun fact: Female Robin with the Smash ball using it on Lucina = Family beat-down!

Who's this "Robin" you're talking about? Outside of Smash Bros. I only know him/her as "the Avatar".

3. More gender-neutral classes

FE's classes have been fairly gender-neutral on the whole over the years with Pegasus knights and Warriors being the only 'true' gender-segregated classes on the whole (that aren't specific to one character at least). Not only do we have the 'bard' counter-part to the dancer, but also heron Laguz so that class is pretty 'gender neutral' as well. Honestly, as I mentioned before, I'd rather keep peggies and warriors gender-segregated and keep that uniqueness about them than introduce male peggies/female warriors just for the heck of it.

FE's classes have been fairly gender-neutral on the whole over the years with Pegasus knights and Warriors being the only 'true' gender-segregated classes on the whole (that aren't specific to one character at least). Not only do we have the 'bard' counter-part to the dancer, but also heron Laguz so that class is pretty 'gender neutral' as well. Honestly, as I mentioned before, I'd rather keep peggies and warriors gender-segregated and keep that uniqueness about them than introduce male peggies/female warriors just for the heck of it.

You're forgetting Berserkers and Valkyrie, unless I'm mistaken.

In no real order;

1. More. Objectives. Than. Kill. People. Seriously, why did they remove things like capture the throne and survive from Awakening? They would have fit in very well with some levels.
  2. Keep S supporting, remove children.
  3. Add homosexuals who can get married, every game needs more gays.
  4. No MU, or at the least make them less bland.
  5. Add in light magic again to bring back the magic triangle.
  6. Better story.
  7. 3rd tier classes.
  8. Lower stat caps.
  9. Make S supports have a better transition. Seriously, most of them go "Man we're such good friends" "But I lov u" "omg me 2 lets marrage and have baby"
  10. Add back Fog of War, Ballista, and other map hazards.

All this. Also, don't leave as much room to grind until post game. This is all I ask.

In no particular order.

10.For Marth and other characters from previous FE games should appear as bonus characters (but not nearly as many bonus characters as there were in Awakening)

9. To have a plot that doesn't involve time travel. (It's not a bad thing but is seriously overused in media)

8. To have reclassing work like it did in Shadow Dragon, so you can experiment around without wasting rare items. Either that or completely remove it.

7. If there is an Avatar make it so you can fully customize what kind of unit they are.

6. Bring back Wi-Fi battles. I never tried them but they sound cool.

5. For Streetpass teams to return with more customization.

4. Bring back varied chapter goals, such as escape from the map and last for X turns.

3. For world map to return. (I like being able to do things while I'm stuck or bored with the story)

2. You can save anywhere no matter what mode you choose.

1. For Nintendo to localize Fire Emblem 12 Easily accessible option to restart a chapter.

I agree that the world map should definitely return. In fact, if it doesn't and there isn't grinding or unlimited levels like in FE13, that's a deal breaker for me. I like to linger about a video game world LONG after I've beat the final level. I almost have 2000 hours on FE13, and don't get me started on Pokemon.

However,unless my eyes deceive me, there was a world map in the trailer...

lets be real, the female unique classes are almost always better then the male ones.

in one or two game's there's exceptions, but generally in most games, its awesome to have a vagina.

My problem with gender locked classes isn't that one gender becomes overpowered, it's that it arbitrarily stops one gender from being something for no good reason. For example why can't women be berserkers? The class is literally just an axe user that doesn't care much for defense. Does having boobs somehow stop you from getting reckless? Does the feminine jawline make it too hard to strap the skull to your head? If so that could easily be solved by making a woman like Sully or Echidna.

I also almost kind of want them to remove second seals until post game. I felt like it made certain units significantly better for no real reason. I like every character to be unique and if they added third tier characters and took out the second seal, I'd be very happy.

Female:

Troubadour

Cleric

Dancer

Manakete

Pegasus Knight

Trainee

Bride

Princess

Male:

Fighter

Barbarian

Pirate

Priest

Monk

Villager

Pupil

Bard

Prince

Journeyman

Conqueror

Dread Fighter

So it turns out, the guys get more classes then the girls do, though it still looks really lop-sided

EDIT: I'm not counting promoted classes

Edited by Lord_Seliph