Shin Kibayashi

Jedi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Kibayashi

I know its Wikipedia but it lists his various Manga's he seems to dable in dramas and political intrigue, which flows with FE well imo. I'd need to read some of his stuff but I'm quite confident (especially since they outright stated this guy like LOOK ITS SHIN). Our story will be a bit more solid then Awakening

I've never read anything he wrote but If I learned anything from lots of things, some times isn't good at doing other mediums of writing. I am hopeful for the game, the trailer set a wonderful heavy tone and I think the game will reflect that. I think the game's plot will be good but I thought awakening was good so we'll see what everyone thinks all together.

From what I heard it does sound encouraging. I didn't hate Awakening's story half as much as I think some people here did, but it was disappointing. I lurv me sum political intrigue in Fire Emblem.

I googled him after the name was basically placed with a "HEY GOOGLE ME" tag right on it.

Seems to have a nice portfolio.... And based on some of the reactions, said portfolio has its share of gems.

Now if Hidenori Kusaka was hired to write Pokémon... jk, he does enough of that.

woah this guy wrote GetBackers

actually this might bode poorly for this game, but it seems like GetBackers is an exception to his usual style

I'm not familiar with his work as I don't read manga, but he seems to have a good reputation so I'm optimistic. The trailer gave me a sense that they have a pretty tight focus this time around.

After Awakening's abysmal story and cast, I really don't need much to be "happy" with the story in this one. More actual characters on the enemy side (like Narcien, Ephidel, etc.), a nice Camus archetype character, some light political intrigue. FE stories are by no means impressive if subjected to scrutiny, but most of them do manage to be fun to watch. Awakening's felt really messy and fragmented, it was like it had 3 characters who were each like "villain of the week" as if it were an old anime.

Didn't he write the Kindaichi Case Files? I remember enjoying reading that.

Yeah, that and Getbackers are his best known works. Due is prolific as all hell; he's also done novels and screenplays for tv shows. His main interest seems to be mysteries.

What's intriguing is that A) this is the first time he's going into the fantasy genre (he has done supernatural stuff before, but not swords and sorcery stuff) and B) this is his first ever videogame collaboration (at least that I know of). Fascinating that the guy joined the dev team so I wonder where this could go. Typically I've found that non-game writers in Japanese gaming have worked pretty well; the Front Mission series often did the same thing, said writers even penning the various manga adaptations of the entries.

Edited by Aiddon

Hmm, well we know he can do intrigue well and a good detective manga really does need some characters to piece apart. Maybe he's not doomed to suck? The theme of the trailer was fantastic and the we really have more info than we should at this point in time, but the so far story to me does have its mysteries to fill. and not the "OOHH marth's back?" Kind.

His works can vary. I'm content so long as it does not fall into feel-good shounen archetypes, mostly. I'll keep my expectations low just in case --be ecstatic if its great! If not, well no disappointment!

We might finally have a FE with a good intrigue for once, after two remakes and a very simplistic scenario with FE13. His works vary a lot from shonen to seinen (psychological shonen with Bloody Monday, pure shonen with Area no Kishi and seinen with Drops of God) so let's just hope he'll come up with one hell of scenario.

We might finally have a FE with a good intrigue for once, after two remakes and a very simplistic scenario with FE13. His works vary a lot from shonen to seinen (psychological shonen with Bloody Monday, pure shonen with Area no Kishi and seinen with Drops of God) so let's just hope he'll come up with one hell of scenario.

He also worked on the first 3 Fatal Frame Stories, that's gotta be one pedigree right there.

It looks to be a promising story! Intrigue and mystery I think would make for an excellent Fire Emblem plot. Sort of like in FE4. I feel it made for an interesting plot, but unfortunately the way the plot was presented was a little bare bones (short conversations between characters didn't quite cut it for me...). So hopefully not only will the plot be good, but the actual storytelling as well! As long as the localisation team does a good job, I'm optimistic.