So, let's say for the sake of argument that this game includes children some time down the road. Now, would you want this to be a feature?

Personally, I wouldn't mind so long as there is a justified time skip in the game. Say, at least two dozen years for it. It'd be kind of neat to be honest, having a second game do that, but this time, without having, you know. EVERYONE DIE (or whatever goes on in Geneology). Heck, it'd give whatever conflict is going on more scope and realism if it lasted more than just, you know. A few in-game months or so.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if it was a la Seisen no keifu, the drama, with a real time skip, with no first gen character, Holy crap, I want that !
But it's with that optional timetravel thingy that make no sense whatsoever, I don't want it.

Edited by B.Leu

I'll be fine, with two conditions:

- They play a significant role in the plot like FE4, and more importantly, don't affect it in a negative way. The children are pretty bland in FE13, even Lucina who's one of the main characters.

- Unlike many, I don't mind time-traveling that much, but I wish they didn't reuse that device.

I have no idea what the plot is like, but please don't do time travel twice. Have the characters age perhaps or something if children are a must.

I'm mostly neutral on the subject. I will say that if IS decides to implement the generational system again it would be nice if the pairings didn't always result in the same character but with different growths and skills. It would be interesting if each pairing resulted in a unique set of kids.

I'd love it if the children make a comeback, but I won't agree with using the time-traveling thing anymore. They can make the game skip a few years and then we play as one of the children (MU's child) in quest of something, like finishing what the 1st generation has started (for example if the first generation managed to seal the evil being or dragon, the second generation's timeline should be about the seal being incomplete/broken and they need to really defeat the dragon now) or any other possible plot. I think it'd be better than having the time-travel again.

I'm mostly neutral on the subject. I will say that if IS decides to implement the generational system again it would be nice if the pairings didn't always result in the same character but with different growths and skills. It would be interesting if each pairing resulted in a unique set of kids.

Agreed. They'll have to drastically reduce the number of possible pairings to pull it off but it seems like it'd be worth it.

Although you may feel a bit guilty if there's two kids whose personalities you love but they are mutually exclusive due to having the same dad and different moms.

But that's what replaying is for!

I suppose I agree with the majority here: having kids again is fine but the time travel plot shouldn't be done again, especially so soon after Awakening.

Also, the idea of kids being tied to pairings sounds cool but, if that's too much to ask, at least make there be kids tied to the fathers too instead of just the mothers (admittedly, this would make completing the support log much more difficult because of how many second-gen characters would have both normal and sibling supports with each other).

while this would never happen...

imo it could actually be pretty interesting really fucking cool to have dual narratives split by like 20 years that you swap between every so often

no time travel or anything just parallel narratives

piecing together pieces of what's going on from two different perspectives sort of thing

probably with things you do in the "past" having effects on the later timeline (not just pairings)

imo it could actually be pretty interesting really fucking cool to have dual narratives split by like 20 years that you swap between every so often

piecing together pieces of what's going on from two different perspectives sort of thing

probably with things you do in the "past" having effects on the later timeline (not just pairings)

I really like this idea , even if it is unlikely to happen. Being able to participate in-game in historical events mentioned in the future of the same game could lead to all sorts of interesting twists.

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm going to jump on the "no time travel, please" wagon. It was contrived to begin with, so I certainly don't want to see it done the exact same way twice in a row.

If I were to pick an ideal way for children to appear, it would actually be in a second game. >_> Let FEif2 import save data from FEif and make the characters in that game inherit some things from parent pairings from the original. That way, the children could have their own spotlight without having to rely on shenanigans, or a huge time skip in-game like in FE4.

Especially on your second playthrough, seeing if different choices in the past make for a bit of a different future.

That actually does sound really cool. I am not a fan of time traveling in stories in any medium (partly because I think it's often done very poorly, and partly because even if it's done well I tend to get really REALLY confused).

I don't mind the children characters, though - I actually really like those, as long as you don't control them simultaneously with their parents.

The fact that the trailer showed some weird imagery with the floating mountains and such makes me think that we're getting children in a way similar to Awakening again. Maybe it could have something to do with alternate dimensions here, rather than time traveling to save the future.

Edited by NeonZ

The fact that the trailer showed some weird imagery with the floating mountains and such makes me think that we're getting children in a way similar to Awakening again. Maybe it could have something to do with alternate dimensions here, rather than time traveling to save the future.

I'm hoping that was just strange sideways-dimensional stuff (paths not taken, etc), rather than forward/backward dimensional sort of stuff (past/future). Parallel rather than forwards, if that make sense! Since that has to do with choices.

Then again choices effecting the future would make sense too... or children who appear even if you didn't pair their parents up because they are from the path where they were paired up. XD

But that would get needlessly complicated...

I personally hope if there are children, then it is done in a nice way, as another member said with better/more believable romance between the parents too. A time skip is much more preferable than time travel / dimensional hopping.

Thinking about it... they could keep time traveling children as a side-quest only story, like how Awakening had dimensional hopping in the Outrealms, but that had nothing to do with the main plot. So, they could keep the pay off for S supports from Awakening, without needing to write the main story around that at all.