First this:

10409298_744690015627685_270433332600213

And now this:

fetcg_new.png

Where's all this Wrys love coming from lol? Is it just a coincidence? Or is it because somebody at IS decided Wrys needed more love? What are your thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First this:

10409298_744690015627685_270433332600213

And now this:

fetcg_new.png

Where's all this Wrys love coming from lol? Is it just a coincidence? Or is it because somebody at IS decided Wrys needed more love? What are your thoughts?

Look at his face on the card. I'm not sure I feel comfortable anymore....

Anyway, I think it's just a coincidence. I can't imagine someone thought Wrys of all people needed more attention.

Speaking of Wrys. When I used him in my first playthrough of FE12, he ended up capping Res.

I love how Wrys is suddenly being acknowledged. Before this, I made a Mii Fighter of Wrys on Smash 4.

I'm guessing he's being acknowledged because he's the first healer in the series, thus, deserves praise for helping many first time players in japan.

Edited by Nexas

In Shadow Dragon, they went to the trouble of creating bald models for all of his potential classes.

Both yes, and no. While yes, Wrys has the bald model, there's another unit who uses it as well, AKA, Wendell.

I'm pretty sure the bald headswap in Shadow Dragon wasn't created specifically with Wrys in mind. The original Fire Emblem has several bald characters besides Wrys. It would stand to reason that they would create a bald headswap for bald characters considering heads were the only parts of the sprites that had unique coloring.

I'm pretty sure the bald headswap in Shadow Dragon wasn't created specifically with Wrys in mind. The original Fire Emblem has several bald characters besides Wrys. It would stand to reason that they would create a bald headswap for bald characters considering heads were the only parts of the sprites that had unique coloring.

Indeed. I knew about Wendell, but I forgot about Dolph and Macellan. Probably because FE11 has too many unmemorable units. :x

The reason behind all this focus is on Wrys is that he in general, and his recruitment line in particular, are something of a meme in the Japanese fandom. So yeah, this is a case of a meme being acknowledged.

Wrys? Good?

Those are two words you never hear together in the same sentence

The Max Res and Skill I just posted say otherwise. :P

Besides, Wrys is better than people think in FE12, he got a pretty major buff to the status of "viable".

Now someone should make a hack with Wrys as the Lord.

Old men Emblem. Features: Jeigan, Wendell, Marcus, Duessel, Athos, Yodel, Niime, Malledus, Bantu, Gotoh and Wrys as the main Lord.

Because all old people know each other.

Edited by Sharpshooter23

I've never found Wrys particularly appealing as a character, and I don't understand why lots of people seem to love him so much.

I dunno about FE12, but in every other game he's just a bad unit who gets overshadowed in a span of two chapters. Whoopee.

To each their own, I suppose, but....I don't think I'll ever understand the popularity of this particular character.

Edited by shinpichu