FE6 HM Run: Sacae or Illia?

I'm planning out my FE6 HM run, currently on Chapter 4, but I'm wondering which route would be better on a HM run. I've beaten FE6 NM 2 times, each taking the Sacae route, so I have no experience with the Illian route. I need to know if I should give my pegasus knights or nomads more experience.

Which do you guys think is a better choice overall?

Edited by DragonLord

In my normal mode runs I've played Ilia, in my only hard mode I've played Sacae accidently (I didn't know the conditions).

Ilia:

17A was easy. Only beware of the ballistas.

18A wasn't hard either. Visiting the village was the biggest challenge. Magic shield on Miledy and she can take out all the shit.

19A was the hardest map because of fug of war. But unlike Sacae it's the only fug of war map. Only beware of the peggies that they cannot fly behind your line. However they're pretty slow (except for the Falco), because they use steel lances and get massive AS penalty. The boss is a joke.

20A was pretty short for me by warping Rutger with armorslayer to Roartz in turn 2 and Roy in turn 3 to finish it. However the enemies have some nasty staves and beware of the ballistas. However much easier than 20B.

20AX was easy. Only bring some restore staves to the map.

Sacae:

17B wasn't a hard fug of war map. Only catching the thieves was hard. I couldn't save the house on the right.

18B was annoying, because the Nomad Troopers could cross the river and come behind my defense line. They were damn fast and could double some of my units (Roy included).

19B was easy. Only the boss was tough because of his 27 AS. However Rutger could one shot him with a critical hit.

20B was very annoying, because it was another fug of war map with really nasty enemies. The two bolting sages could one-shot my units as the two ballistas could.

20BX was similar to 18B.

Ilia seems to be easier, although I haven't played this route on hard mode yet

Edited by The Taninator