FE14 Trailer - Video Analysis

Zukonima

Not bad at all; I think it's a great idea doing a video analysis from the perspective as a fan : )

Only thing I'd argue against is the Pegasus Knight's alliance in the beginning. You can see she has the emblem of the white flag, plus she's wielding a Naginata.

Good video! I like your analyzing here. I thought about the idea that the dancer's pendant could be the Fire Emblem, but now I don't think that that's so. It has a water theme to it when you look at it up close, and the dancer is in water when she gets her throat grabbed by the dragon. I don't think anyone would call a water pendant the Fire Emblem. :P

Also, I pronounce Kamui as KAHM-wee, just to help you out. :P

Not bad at all; I think it's a great idea doing a video analysis from the perspective as a fan : )

Only thing I'd argue against is the Pegasus Knight's alliance in the beginning. You can see she has the emblem of the white flag, plus she's wielding a Naginata.

Nice catch! But those archers don't look very roman or western...

eh, maybe its just cutscene stuff they made to look pretty :/

This is a really well done analysis. The only thing I noticed is when you were talking about the unit that has the fiery mace: looking at her more closely I noticed she resembles, at least in hair and clothes color the unit that seems like a fighter in the scene where Hinoka is moved to the cavalier, rather then the cleric. I think that that the weapon she's using is similar to the magic weapons in older games.

Edited by Soen

Nice catch! But those archers don't look very roman or western...

eh, maybe its just cutscene stuff they made to look pretty :/

Honestly I don't know if the archer helmets with the fan like structures are inspired by LoTR Orcs or by certain types of samurai helmets

542px-MAP_Expo_Oitaragainari_kawari_kabu

Big%2061%20Orc%20Helm%20Lee.jpg

Good video overall, though at the very end I felt like you stretched a little too hard with the final cuts of the trailer.

Yeah, either way it's up to the person how they want to pronounce it.

That's not how pronunciation works...

Just a random thing a noticed, is the magic fan thignie maybe supposed to be some ofuda (don't know how to put that in plural in English), or whatever they are called?, The paper charm... cards?, I don't really know hoe to explain them, but it seems like it, just noticed it cause of how many times you replayed and paused that part.

And the staff, mace, thing, that is used by the partner dual attacking in the same shot, could maybe be a khakkhara, or sounding staff in English, so maybe a monk class?

Edited by that one person

That's not how pronunciation works...

There's multiple ways of saying words. I'm aware that names can be pronounced in multiple ways as well.

Edited by DragonLord