Trailer Breakdown

CazTGG

I'm sure I missed out on some details (In fact, I know I did because I added some of my other observations that I noticed during editing via text over the video) and there's more to uncover, but this are just some of the observations I found in the debut trailer for Fire Emblem If:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3ef5Wo5UU

Speaking of new observations: Chaos, Neutral or Law route anyone?

B7lL-EYIEAACicQ.png

I just find it odd the title split into 3 different colors.

Hey Caz, I've watched your vids for a long time! I actually did an analysis myself and it had some stuff you missed. The post is here on the boards. But good job and keep going fellow Canadian youtuber. I aways enjoy your vids.

I quite liked it : )

After seeing other fans do these video analyses, it makes me want to do one. But alas, I'm too lazy/busy and I know all too well how hard it is to do a decent video with voice-overs.

Saw it, interesting observations, though there were some things they didn't note, like the armor damage for the fighter.

Though they still noted armor damage anyway because they noted the mask flying off the ogre.

So what are your thought on the dancer?

I've been rewatching the last few second of the trailer a few times to guess the role of the dancer. She is no doubt symbolize great importance to the story but what does a dancer do in the mist of a war. Since she is shown together with the other two dudes at the end, I assume the war consists 3 Big Figures, and my guess for the role she plays is:

• Peacekeeper - a political agent who is sent to keep either side calm. Perhap her performance in beginning is to entertain warmongers from unsheathing their swords.
  • Cheerleader - ... favor one side and lead it to victory.
  • Dragon/Goddess - I mean if she has a throne and crown, why would she be on a stage. Probably a dragon and later be mind controled by some bad boy (common setting no?).
  • The prize or The spoil of war - two badasses fight to death to secure a the most beautiful woman as his trophy.
  • Diao Chan - a historical or fictional (some source say she is made up) woman, whose beauty is compared to the moon, who woe an emeperor's son into a plot of betrayal, and kill his adopted father.

I've been rewatching the last few second of the trailer a few times to guess the role of the dancer. She is no doubt symbolize great importance to the story but what does a dancer do in the mist of a war. Since she is shown together with the other two dudes at the end, I assume the war consists 3 Big Figures, and my guess for the role she plays is:

• Peacekeeper - a political agent who is sent to keep either side calm. Perhap her performance in beginning is to entertain warmongers from unsheathing their swords.
  • Dragon/Goddess - I mean if she has a throne and crown, why would she be on a stage. Probably a dragon and later be mind controled by some bad boy (common setting no?).
  • The prize or The spoil of war - two badasses fight to death to secure a the most beautiful woman as his trophy.
  • Diao Chan - a historical or fictional (some source say she is made up) woman, whose beauty is compared to the moon, who woe an emeperor's son into a plot of betrayal, and kill his adopted father.

I would say the most likely guess is that she's a prisoner of war, given that the scene in which she's first seen has a more European design to it. As far as her role in the plot, she's definitely linked to this game's Fire Emblem and how to bring it to its full potential, so she may have been captured because she has knowledge on how to do just that, and the eastern country is fighting to save her prevent it from happening. Perhaps the Fire Emblem allows them to enter that distorted world? I've also noticed that, in the scene where her eye transitions from the cutscene to gameplay, you can see four figures facing off, so she may be a prophet of some sort, like Miciah in Radiant Dawn, who just so happens to have the same golden-colored eyes (though I doubt there's any connection since Miciah was only seen on Tellius land and this game has nothing to do with that saga). In any case, her fate is intertwined with the Fire Emblem and, of course, this game's Lord character and the world, so she's going to play an important role in the plot.

I believe Kamui is related to the royal figure from the trailer as result, this leads me to think that Kamui and this dancer girl some how run away or get captured near the beginning of the game. Empire then accuses the eastern neighbors and engages in war, with Kamui's sibling Max leading the attack. At least that's my thoughts.

She's probably a priestess or something. In Japan, there's a certain type of dance called the kagura which was used by shrine maidens to communicate with gods. She'd almost be like Princess Zelda: a representative of powers higher than the human world. Plus she's clearly either a servant or a slave in her reveal.

Well, servant or not, she can still be an undercover agent right?

Anyway, whatever she is, I believe the developer finds her to be more important than the Lord of this game, since from the trailer is the story about her and the war more than whoever we are assuming the be the Lord.

Speaking of new observations: Chaos, Neutral or Law route anyone?

B7lL-EYIEAACicQ.png

I just find it odd the title split into 3 different colors.

I think that's just the whole 3D distortion thing, to signify that it will be on the 3DS.

Anyway, whatever she is, I believe the developer finds her to be more important than the Lord of this game, since from the trailer is the story about her and the war more than whoever we are assuming the be the Lord.

Assuming Kamui is the lord, and if we're to believe Kamui is another Avatar, that could just be because they want to keep the inclusion of an Avatar hidden for now, even though, in my opinion, it's all but confirmed at this point.

Edited by Ambulz

She's probably just a damsel in distress/MacGuffin girl like Elincia or Ninian were; I don't get her being some agent or soldier with her appearances. She's just going to be rescued, turns out to have weird powers, and spends the game as the plot-important maiden.

She's probably just a damsel in distress/MacGuffin girl like Elincia or Ninian were; I don't get her being some agent or soldier with her appearances. She's just going to be rescued, turns out to have weird powers, and spends the game as the plot-important maiden.

I don't think Elincia was the best example of what you're describing in Path of Radiance. The role you're describing sounds more akin to Leanne than Elincia. Regardless, I think that having them serve a more important role than simply being a damsel in distress would be a welcome change from what one normally sees the role of a dancer in a Fire Emblem game.

EDIT:

I think that's just the whole 3D distortion thing, to signify that it will be on the 3DS.

I don't think it's just that it's to show it's "3D" since almost all the trailers made it clear the game was on the 3DS. If they wanted to do that, they would have only shown 3 logos in red and blue, not three. To me, the colors chosen were intentionally chosen to represent the different routes the player can choose, much like the alignment system in the Megami Tensei series:

Alignment.png

B7lL-EYIEAACicQ.png

It's entirely possible this won't happen, but it's the best reason I can think of as to why they chose as many colors and which ones they did choose as is.

Edited by CazTGG