Are we ever going to get the proper details of characters?

HeartTranquil

I dunno. Its kinda nice having something to personalise the characters. Even if its just age, whether someone is 16 or 19 can make a bit of a difference as to how the characters are perceived. I think it would be kinda cool if they did what Awakening did and give like a brief summary of all of the characters, maybe presenting it as more of a dossier rather than a paragraph.

Don't they do stuff like that in real armies? Like keeping tabs on all their personnel?

there's a few characters in fe9/10 that have explicit ages

but no, it's been the norm by far for fire emblem to keep that stuff generally hidden

not to say they won't decide to reveal it, just we don't have any historical data that really suggests they would

It's always been pretty ambiguous how old characters are supposed to be. Lyn is the only character that comes to mind whose age is explicitly stated.

Roy and Lief are 15 in their games. Nino is 14 and Rebecca is 15, and Lugh and Raigh are 13 in FE6. Wolt is probably 15, due to being Roy's milk brother, and Lilina is stated to be around his age too. Kline is 19, Seliph is about 18. Micaiah and Soren are at least 23 and Sanaki is 10/13 dependant on game. Janaff is 115 and Ulki is 110. Myrrh is 1400 and FE13 Tiki is around 3000. ...That's all I've got off the top of my head.

Given there are hundreds of other characters in the series besides this lot, I think we may get a few but not a lot.

Fans usually guess the age range based on supports and other conversations,anyway,so where's the need for exact ages?I honestly prefer to guess than know.

Edited by ShadowShine

I think it'd be cool, but it's not really necessary. I liked what Awakening did, with the short personal bios. Keeping those will be enough for me. The rest, I'm fine with just guessing.

Roy and Lief are 15 in their games. Nino is 14 and Rebecca is 15, and Lugh and Raigh are 13 in FE6. Wolt is probably 15, due to being Roy's milk brother, and Lilina is stated to be around his age too. Kline is 19, Seliph is about 18. Micaiah and Soren are at least 23 and Sanaki is 10/13 dependant on game. Janaff is 115 and Ulki is 110. Myrrh is 1400 and FE13 Tiki is around 3000. ...That's all I've got off the top of my head.

Given there are hundreds of other characters in the series besides this lot, I think we may get a few but not a lot.

Most of the FE5 cast had their ages stated on the website, but usually FE is pretty vague. Yumina and Yubello are "13 or 14" and a bunch of FE6 characters are just stated to be in their 10s, 20s, etc in canon sources IIRC. Pretty big difference between being 21 and 27, you know? Navarre is in his mid-20s. And then we have some characters like Seliph and Altena where you can calculate their age as a playable character from dates given inside the game but an age is never given explicitly.

There's a long-standing tradition of hand-waving the ages. Probably won't change this time.

And then we have some characters like Seliph and Altena where you can calculate their age as a playable character from dates given inside the game but an age is never given explicitly.

Speaking of ingame dates, those are missing in Awakening too and personally I'd rather have them than ages if we could only have one.

But Awakening's Harvest Scramble Morgan-F/Nah support pretty much openly states that they wanted to leave the ages ambiguous- the whole convo is about Nah's age, and when she finally tells it's "whisper whisper". Unless something has changed since Awakening (which it has, new story guy and all), there's no reason to expect anything different. Headcanons are kind of what Awakening runs on.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi