Who do you think the dancer is, exactly?

Ambulz

Pretty basic question. I've seen a lot of theories as to her significance and identity, but it usually hasn't been the focal point of the thread. What are your thoughts?

Personally, I don't think she's a lord. She's definitely important, but I think she's just a big expy of Ninian, as do most people. As for her actual identity, I'm actually just thinking she's a normal human. She's probably some sort of enigmatic priestess (a sought-after mystic person, like Micaiah) who maybe has some relation to dragons, but not outright being a dragon or descended of one. That's what I hope. I've personally seen enough dragons in Fire Emblem for awhile; I'd be happy to switch to something else, such as whatever that Giant Dad golem is from earlier in the teaser.

Also, her pendant is probably the Fire Emblem.

Also, her pendant is probably the Fire Emblem.

If it isn't,shoot me.

I have a feeling she's like Ninian.Somewhat close to the plot,yet not a lord.

Her backstory could be a cross of Olivia's and Nowi's,like she's a dancer that gets paid to dance in front of the people who "bought her".

She's likely tied to Kamui by some means at the beginning of the game given that her map sprite appears in most battle sequences shown and her location in the trailer. The way her necklace reacted to the dragon probably means its this game's fire emblem.

The pendant being the Fire Emblem is agreed upon by most people, as I've seen so far. Not sure what if it plays the same role as Awakening's Fire Emblem though.

In the beginning, when she's dancing for the Western-esque king, she obviously looks distressed. She's either being held there to dance against her will or she's dancing with a more unpleasant ulterior motive–perhaps to assassinate the king? There's a lot of speculation that she is part of a third party that is either causing the war or wanting to stop the war. Whatever it is, both the West and East factions may be fighting over her (her powers, to be exact) or she may just be trying to intervene...

EDIT: Took out the paragraph with the Ninian eye color mix up. Thank you for catching my mistake, Philranger! c:

Edited by ???

She's most probably has a connection to the MU who is probably the new lord and this dancer is either a plot device, the actual lord or an extremely important character in the game, also I think her name might be something like luna , something mystical would suit her very well.

I have two theories so far:

1)The stone gives her some sort of power not to be used by humans which takes away from her life force with each use(hence the dragon choking her)

2)An artifact from a dragon descendants clan/another world which she stole in order to save someone?

Also the dragon that chokes her could be either the owner of the pendant or an angry soul trapped inside it.

Some lord of a third country, in hiding, spying on the eastern and western countries under the guise of being an entertainer. Maybe she's even spying for our lord and her family has worked for ours for generations.

Or just an actual dancer who hopes the lords don't get everyone killed in a war today.

Edited by Eveangaline

I think she is the women in white who was being chocked by the dragon-spirit. But... Well...

I heard a theory that alternate dimensions are involved (which I kinda like) - what if the location of the game is the outrealms? One heavily Eastern inspired outrealm vs one heavily western outrealm. It cannot be coincidence that the two women are wearing the opposite colour. Maybe one of them has the Fire Emblem, and the other has a Water Emblem of some sorts. And maybe the two artefacts allow the Wielder to harness a great power, and that's why both factions are after both girls. Maybe one of them is running from both factions and the other has allied with one of the factions. Neither of them are evil, they just have different ideas.

... This sounds like a really weird fanfic idea. Especially if the two could meet up.

Blanc (The girl being chocked by the dragon): You...

Noir (The dancer): I'm you, yes. Ally with us.

Blanc: Why? Once they get both Emblems, they will kill us.

Noir: Not if we willingly cooperate with them.

Blanc: How do you know that?

Noir: I don't.

I heard a theory that alternate dimensions are involved (which I kinda like) - what if the location of the game is the outrealms? One heavily Eastern inspired outrealm vs one heavily western outrealm. It cannot be coincidence that the two women are wearing the opposite colour. Maybe one of them has the Fire Emblem, and the other has a Water Emblem of some sorts. And maybe the two artefacts allow the Wielder to harness a great power, and that's why both factions are after both girls. Maybe one of them is running from both factions and the other has allied with one of the factions. Neither of them are evil, they just have different ideas.

... This sounds like a really weird fanfic idea. Especially if the two could meet up.

I personally saw the Outer Realms, alternative dimensions/timelines, and time traveling as Awakening's thing, but hm, I guess it'll be kinda cool if it's realm vs realm. If we do get Outer Realms again though, hey, we have the basis for the DLC, yay.

I'm pretty certain that the dancer in white is also the dancer in dark blue, but yes, one could just be the alternate other. Also, looking closer at the trailer, I was examining the draconic figure choking the dancer girl. As the dragon's scales fade away, there is a faint outline:

9KYls4i.png

There's a strap over the sihouette's shoulder and some kind of circular mark next to it. Seeing this, I kinda doubt it's the dancer girl's alternative ego or something, since she's wearing a long glove and I don't see any hints of a strapped shoulder in the beginning parts of the trailer where she's dancing for the king. It could possibly be the lord Avatar character... but we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

I personally saw the Outer Realms, alternative dimensions/timelines, and time traveling as Awakening's thing, but hm, I guess it'll be kinda cool if it's realm vs realm. If we do get Outer Realms again though, hey, we have the basis for the DLC, yay.

I'm pretty certain that the dancer in white is also the dancer in dark blue, but yes, one could just be the alternate other. Also, looking closer at the trailer, I was examining the draconic figure choking the dancer girl. As the dragon's scales fade away, there is a faint outline:

9KYls4i.png

There's a strap over the sihouette's shoulder and some kind of circular mark next to it. Seeing this, I kinda doubt it's the dancer girl's alternative ego or something, since she's wearing a long glove and I don't see any hints of a strapped shoulder in the beginning parts of the trailer where she's dancing for the king. It could possibly be the lord Avatar character... but we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

1) Yeah, whilst the Outrealms were an Awakening thing, it would be cool to see them getting developed. After all, there are so many possibilities that could arise plot rise. E.g. Two warring Outrealms, a murderer who escapes to other realm in order to escape justice etc. Etc.

And DLC... Would be interesting. Imagine it- each DLC sells us one Outrealm that we can visit- and each have a unique three chapter story. E.g. The party may get stuck in an outrealm, so they have to fight across three maps to get back home. Or trying to apprehend the murderer (as presented above). Of course, we will get the standard DLC maps (e.g. The EXP grinding map) but I would love to see my idea actually happen. :)

2) The dancer could be wearing a different outfit when the dragon scene occurs. I don't know. It's just they look too similar to each other. There must be a reason for that.

3) Or...what if the dragon isn't the Dancer girl? Maybe the dragon represents the third side, who is trying to control both the women in white and the dancer so that he can get their pendants.

Okay, I'm sure it's safe to assume that the dancer and the girl in white are the same, just with a costume change. I imagine her white dress is what she wears normally, based on her supposed map sprite. Having two separate characters that uncannily similar in appearance in a Fire Emblem game to me is strange.

As for DLC, I was a little skeptic about the inclusion of the Outrealms as a whole, even back in Awakening, but could agree that it was justified with how the Einherjar worked. What's to stop DLC from just being new maps that occur on the Overworld, assuming there is one?

Ah, yes. Oracle is what I wanted to say in the OP, but the word was escaping me. Maybe she's connected to the golem as well, who knows? A lot of the big monsters in the series usually have some correspondence to the Fire Emblem.

Edited by Ambulz

Ideas:

1. An oracle or messenger of the gods/dragons/whoever that was sent to stop the war.

2. A former princess in hiding/captivity from a nation that's fallen to civil war (the Romans versus Japanese). Could be related to the Lord in this case (a situation similar to Marth and Elice from the first game)

3. Mystical Dragon Waif Number 5 (Her predecessors being Deirdre, Julia, Ninian, and F!Robin). A romantic interest for the Lord that the bad guys are trying to capture to use in their plot to end the world.

4. A "Chosen Wielder" of the Fire Emblem who is the key to victory in the war.

Ideas:

1. An oracle or messenger of the gods/dragons/whoever that was sent to stop the war.

2. A former princess in hiding/captivity from a nation that's fallen to civil war (the Romans versus Japanese). Could be related to the Lord in this case (a situation similar to Marth and Elice from the first game)

3. Mystical Dragon Waif Number 5 (Her predecessors being Deirdre, Julia, Ninian, and F!Robin). A romantic interest for the Lord that the bad guys are trying to capture to use in their plot to end the world.

I say a good possibility of 1, 3 and 4 combined. If IS denied my S-rank with her, I will riot!

The pendant being the Fire Emblem is agreed upon by most people, as I've seen so far. Not sure what if it plays the same role as Awakening's Fire Emblem though.

She might be human/humanoid, but there's no doubt that she carries some kind of supernatural power so her being a priestess is a safe bet. I have a really big gut feeling that she may be of dragon descent or some other supernatural creature; eye and hair color play a large role in Fire Emblem in determining heritage and so on. Her eyes are a bright amber that remind me of Ninian/Nils' eyes...

In the beginning, when she's dancing for the Western-esque king, she obviously looks distressed. She's either being held there to dance against her will or she's dancing with a more unpleasant ulterior motive–perhaps to assassinate the king? There's a lot of speculation that she is part of a third party that is either causing the war or wanting to stop the war. Whatever it is, both the West and East factions may be fighting over her (her powers, to be exact) or she may just be trying to intervene...

They shouldn't since Ninian/Nils had quite obvious red eyes.

I think she's a dragon who's taken human form to conceal her real identity because she was in trouble. Now she's just a priestess dancing because she's a dancer class. Ninian remake, but more important story and game-wise.

Some sort of special Manakete, if they do exist in this game.

Edited by kalheig

Okay, I'm sure it's safe to assume that the dancer and the girl in white are the same, just with a costume change. I imagine her white dress is what she wears normally, based on her supposed map sprite. Having two separate characters that uncannily similar in appearance in a Fire Emblem game to me is strange.

As for DLC, I was a little skeptic about the inclusion of the Outrealms as a whole, even back in Awakening, but could agree that it was justified with how the Einherjar worked. What's to stop DLC from just being new maps that occur on the Overworld, assuming there is one?

Nah, nothing would stop DLC. If anything, there could just be a DLC menu or as you stated, new xenologues that appear on the Overworld map. I just think it was cool how Awakening used the whole alternative dimension concept for DLC.

They shouldn't since Ninian/Nils had quite obvious red eyes.

Oh shoot, my bad. I guess I got my colors mixed up again; thank you for catching my mistake. I fixed my original post haha.

Ideas:

Number 4 is most likely, with 1 and 3 highly possible. Her glowing amulet reminds me of Naga's mark. Perhaps there is a relation?

As long as she doesn't get killed by accident by her love interest and brought back to life. Maybe she's a dragon-waifu chick like the rest of her predecessors. Who knows. It's too early to tell at this point.

As long as she doesn't get killed by accident by her love interest and brought back to life. Maybe she's a dragon-waifu chick like the rest of her predecessors. Who knows. It's too early to tell at this point.

judging by the trailer, it highly possible. This time however instead of using a anti-dragon BFS, the lord lost control in his/her dragon form and accidentally killed her.

jk aside, I am for a memorable well written tragic romance. Make me used a whole box of tissues please!

Edited by Awakener_