Willie's Sprite Gallery (cringe)

Willie

I only see one mug in the splice section with a lot of blank space around it... Is there just the one there or are more just not showing up for me?

...as for the competition splice, I see what you did there... Might want to change up the base armor color and have the head about five pixels higher up at least.

The Leila/Serra splice looks alright and seems a better splice to me as some of the base colors were fiddled with giving it more a unique look than the competition Sprite.

...anyways, they're basic but don't seem too bad or unproportional, except the head looking like its disappearing on the competition splice. So, keep at it. Try to follow the basic forms and proportions of the base sprites, but try and mix it up some more to have some fun and make something distinctly your own.

BTW, no need to put you or your own artwork down. If you aren't happy with how something looks, try and get advice on specific areas that bug you, or try tweaking it until you get something you yourself are OK with.

Art is all about learning and working from mistakes, failures and early drafts. Something didn't work out how you want it, no need to trash it. Learn from it. Tweak it. Everybody can improve if they keep at it, so don't let yourself be down on your works. Just be willing to learn from anything and everything. :D

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

I only see one mug in the splice section with a lot of blank space around it... Is there just the one there or are more just not showing up for me?

Yeah, there's only one for now. I think I uploaded it wrong though, because it has kind of an odd placing.

Thanks for the compliments and input :)

The first splice is not bad, but perhaps you can work the hair a bit, the parts where it falls on her face. Also, did you use Leila and Serra?

The splice for the competition made me lol when I saw it. Funny. XD Hope to see more of your work, Willie.

That new one looks great, Willie! You should definitely splice some more.

I will definitely use him. Hope you don't mind if I don't use the chibi, though. I am not too fond of them. In case you sprite some more, pm them to me so I can be aware of them, please. Credit will be given to you for the ones I come to use.

Edited by Terminator

That new one looks great, Willie! You should definitely splice some more.

I will definitely use him. Hope you don't mind if I don't use the chibi, though. I am not too fond of them. In case you sprite some more, pm them to me so I can be aware of them, please. Credit will be given to you for the ones I come to use.

Thanks! I don't really care about the chibi, it only took like a minute xD

Feel free to change any of the colors. I didn't change any when I was splicing it.

post new sprites in your next post as opposed to editing OP

people won't see it otherwise

Ok, thanks.

Latest mug off of Lloyd isn't bad... but reference the shading on the jaw line of the original mug, or really any other mug. It shouldn't be a thin single line like that. Adding some of the dark skin pixels in strategic places like in the original mug will help make it look more real and fleshed out.

• 2 months later...