[FE4] Lordless draft

Baldrick

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHAPTER 10 - 13/84 TURNS

Mana bought a bunch of stuff after selling the elite ring. Faval didn't reach Alvis in time to actually help (predictably) but oh well. TRISTAIN was mvp for Chalphy castle with the PRAYER RING.

I think the castle per castle counts were 3+2+4+4.

CHAPTER FINAL - 12/96 TURNS

Rescue'd people around, then rescued the almighty RODDELBAD over the cliff to berserk the Hel dude, and Mana killed Julius. Roddelbad lived thanks to the PRAYER RING, so good.

I'm actually very glad I drafted Briggid for Patty, otherwise Mana (or corple if I recruited him) would have had a bad time.

Overall I think this draft is an ok idea, there's the obvious issues with the earlygame bosses (maybe free Cuan/Ethlin? idk) But it became annoying to make Celice survive stuff (I gave him the defence sword so he wouldn't get OHKO'd by some bows, and the barrier ring + a Julia conversation protected him from most Fenrir's) but it's just kind of an inconvienience.

113+96 = 209 turn clear + 100 turn penalty for Sigurd eating a civilian

Edited by General Horace

So much for my secondary objective of winning gen 2... theoretically, with my team I should be able to match or beat 12 turns in endgame but I have no idea how to do that, even if I had the Berserk staff. Though I didn't trigger the Julia conversation, so Seliph can't survive Fenrir shots.

I'll admit, when I made this draft I thought Alec + Noish would more or less fill the hole Sigurd leaves. Gen 1 might be more blanaced if one player doesn't manage to grab most of the early game picks, lol.

Edited by Baldrick

Yeah. FE4's early bosses are pretty much designed so that Sigurd can kill them fairly easily, but if they're too weak, he just wrecks them entirely (especially with the early silver sword) so they're generally too strong for other units. Even Cuan has issues since his evade and hit are kinda iffy.

I pretty much always had Janne return Celice after he seized castles, and then had him get danced in home base, then warped back to the same castle so he could move again (if the dancer couldn't keep up, which was the case when Mana had the leg ring).

Although it's kind of like having an FE7 draft without Marcus for the earlygame kind of. Nobody else is really strong enough to ORKO the bosses (except maybe Hector himself, but that costs a turn anyway).

Edited by General Horace

Curse you, mounted Return user! Femina might have been able to do that sometimes, idk.

For earlygame bosses, the solution is clearly to hack Alvis into the first castle in Prologue and chapter 1.

Rescue'd people around, then rescued the almighty RODDELBAD over the cliff to berserk the Hel dude, and Mana killed Julius. Roddelbad lived thanks to the PRAYER RING, so good.

RODDELBAD FOR MVP