Doing my first Girls only run

So, I bought both Blazing Sword an Sacred Stones on the Wii U Virtual Console. After playing through FE 7 normally I decided to spice things up in FE 8. So I started my very first "Girls Only" run. I did allow thieves and used Ephraim (and only him) on 5x but aside from that, I only used male characters if it couldn't be done otherwise (like Arthur getting attacked in C4 because he was the only target in range).

It's definitly harder, even the early chapters are quite difficulty because you have such a small fighting force (chapter 6 was a nightmare if you wanted to save the NPCs). And since pretty much all of my chars decide to simply not procc any strenght but get (nearly) speed capped, well, yeah. For reference, With Str/Spd, my Characters currently are:

- 17 Eirika 10/19

- 4 Tana 7/13 (joined this chapter)

- 7 Natasha 7/10 (then again, she is the healer, so it doesn't matter so much)

- 16 Vanessa 11/20

- 16 Neimi 10/18 (and she even got an Energy drop. She had 6 Str before I gave it to her in C8)

- 17 Lute 15/14 (the only one with actually hight Mag, but she of course lacks the speed to double enemies)

I have now reached C9, Eirika's route. I was just gaining control of the situation because there are just so many units I have to deal with, Archers (and that damn Sniper) who can kill my fliers, Axe suers who can kill my fliers, magic users who can kill Eirika and pretty much all of them who can 2 shot Tana. And then Amelia decided to LEAVE THE FRIGGIN MAP! Seriously, I didn't even know she could do that!

So, with that in mind, are there some similar "events" later on? I am quite happy to actually get a few characters to use (Tana and Amelia this map, Tethys and Marisa the next one and then L'arachel) but boy, I am not really happy to know I also have to hurry to get to Amelia. D:

If Amelia leaves, it's not the end of the world. She'll be back~!

You should be able to promote Vanessa/Neimi/Lute (assuming you got their respective items, with Lute's being the biggest pain in the neck to get), and it'll make the map a bit less painful. You'll see Torch staves for sale, soon enough - grab a couple.

I actually could promote all three, but I wanted to train them to 20 before (Lute is missing like 10 exp and the others also have over half a level). If nothing works I'll just promote them here, since I really want Amelia now and not in chapter 13 or whenever she rejoins (as training her then would be even harder).

Well, I didn't feed the kills to a single unit, but if the level ups proc like no strength, bleh. =/

Anyways, I am now at chapter 12. After just rushing through and not trying to feed kills to certain characters (especially Tana) I reached Amelia with relative ease. Chapter 10 was a bit tricky once the promoted units appeared (I did manipulate the RNG at one time because I had no intention of redoing a whole hour), however I managed to trap the Nomad Trooper and let Amelia chip damage him for 1/2 dmg per hit. She reached level 10 and after this chapter Neimi, Vanessa and Lute were all promoted. I made Amelia a Cavalier and plan to make her into a Great Knight, for the simple reason that I want to have at least one Character with axes. And her being on the mount now means she can actually fight and not fall behind the rest.

Neimi became a Sniper, since I have no other Bow user and I would like to use Longbows. Vanessa became a Wyvern Knight for no particular reason except I don't get another Wyvern. xD

Lute became a Mage Knight, because mount. I plan to turn Natasha into a Monk for the Slayer skill and L'arachel maybe into a Valkyrie. The game now became actually quite a bit easier, thanks to promotions and because I FINALLY have more then 6 useable units. I actually planned to allow Colm to open doors/chests and steal from enemies, but he is so slow that he is useless. I either completely ignore stealing or use Rennac, if his spd is high enough.

Also, Natasha is currenty level 13. Does it make more sense to level her to 20 before promoting? With L'arachel I now have a second staff user (and even a third with promoted Lute), so another one who can fight might actually be a good idea.