Customization

HowEE

Hey all. I was just doing some thinking, and I thought I would ask all of you. If Kamui is the avatar, (which I peronally think is pointing to more than likely) what level of customization would you guys like to see? I know personally for me, I love things that are customizable, Awakening barely even scratched that potential in my opinion. I would like to see more hair colors; mostly not preset hair colors that are 1-20, but instead a slide type thing or a thing that lets you directly put in the RGB for the shade you want. I was disappointed with how most of the faces (specifically of the avatar and other street/spot pass characters) looked mostly the same. I liked doing the streetpass, I made an FE 6 team out of avatars and built them how I wanted and made them close to what they were, but it became difficult to make some characters because of limited hair and colors. Perhaps there will be more customization? I know I want it. It would be amazing (albeit unrealistic on the system) to have Korean MMO levels of customization. Are there any specific things you all are looking for?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm the odd one out and would be fine with our customization being limited to simply deciding male or female. I wouldn't mind a Persona-styled MU. Which isn't to say I'm opposed to more customization, but I'd personally be okay with limited.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm the odd one out and would be fine with our customization being limited to simply deciding male or female. I wouldn't mind a Persona-styled MU. Which isn't to say I'm opposed to more customization, but I'd personally be okay with limited.

I can understand where you're coming from. While I enjoy customization, just being able to choose between a few different male and female builds would be enough for me. That would allow the developers to focus on other things, like perhaps allowing players to choose Kamui's personality and dialogue options. Of course, I know very little about game design and that might not even be possible.

Awakening's customization options were a nice start, but I agree with hoping for a bit more. I'm not sure how limited they are in terms of models and such, but some more hair styles and facial expressions would be nice to see, like being able to select specific facial features instead of it all coming as a package deal.

Skin color (which is unlikely for some...stupid ass reason).

LONG HAIR OPTIONS FOR MALE MU. Liek, none of this barely-past-the-chin bullshit either. Like real long hair options. I want some nappy hair options too. Like dreadlocks and junk. (that goes for FeMU too)

Facial hair for male mu would be nice too. No beards make Loki really angry.

I want them to keep the Builds. I dig that i can make my guy not look hes 5. So if theres a Build 3, thats hella cool.

I want a couple voices that vary. Like, one of the things that irked me about Awakening is that the voice choices sound almost identical. If i want a MaleMU to sound like fuggin Dolph Lundgren style, i should be able to get a voice that matches the octave.

Awakening's customization options were a nice start, but I agree with hoping for a bit more. I'm not sure how limited they are in terms of models and such, but some more hair styles and facial expressions would be nice to see, like being able to select specific facial features instead of it all coming as a package deal.

bolded: Yes please.

It'd be great to be able to select skin tone (considering it can't be much harder to make that customizable when hair color already is).

Aside from that, I don't really have anything to add that other people haven't already suggested... Oh! Maybe, like, a choice between 3~5 different outfits for each gender would be cool, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

EDIT: Oops, realized customizable eye color probably isn't happening for plot reasons. Fixed.

Edited by Starlight36

I want to customize into a huge muscle lady but i don't think i'll likely get it with kozaki as an artist

proper long hair guy would be A+

If we don't get outfit options (understandable due to having to make more models) I hope we could at least specify a certain palette especially if reclass comes back because it'd just be a texture swap

also skintone choices would be great

I hope we could at least specify a certain palette especially if reclass comes back because it'd just be a texture swap

Oh mang, that would be bomb ass shit right there. I would love to be able to pick a color scheme/palette. Green Loki for FE14!

Awakening's customisation was alright but I would definitely love to see it built upon. I think I saw someone say different clothes/armour and I think that would be so cool. Even so, I wouldn't mind if they didn't touch the appearance and gave you more options for customising dialogue and personality. The avatar in Awakening was pretty great but it didn't really feel like you had any control over their personality or decisions. Different personality options would make the whole avatar thing so much more personal.

All that being said, I really wouldn't mind if they just gave a simple male/female option since in my opinion, Kamui already looks pretty great.

Hmm.. I never really thought about a customizable personality, at least from the avatar creation standpoint. Perhaps they will do that with more dialogue and more options (options that actually change the story instead of just a couple lines of text changed). But I think that accessories (I want a hair and so I can make Lillina actually look like herself D:< ) and facial hair and the like could add a lot more connectivity I think, just as long as it isn't empty Mary Sue nonsense again. But given the portraits we've seen so far, I would like to think good things are coming!

Something I saw in another post was that people were fearing the broken-ness of reclassify into EVERYTHING you want. I am working on a D&D campaign based on FE with friends and a way I remied this (I bring it up because it could technically be customizable) was to limit the classes they picked. So, they started out as trainees, which they chose, and they had to choose one of the T1 classes tha it branched into (so if you picked the Lance trainee, think FE 8 Amelia you could branch into Cavalier, Knight, or Soldier), plus two other base classes of their choosing. Having the tier three option ended up making a LOT of classes (I think there are 133 or so unique classes; from trainee to T3), but each one already has defined the role they wanted because of the "specialization" of limited classes but lots of potential reclassing. Do you think that something like this will be implemented where you pick 5 -7 classes (excluding the special classes) for the avatar, assuming that Kamui is one?

I don't think there will be skin color options, they didn't shown Robin's face and hairstyle in Awakening in neither scene nor CG picture, if they gonna add in skin color then they literally will have to cover all kamui's skin in all cut scenes and that not counting the number of supports available for Kamui with S-rank CG pictures. Robin with black hair look Asian enough so I don't need to worry about that.

I'd like to see a "favorite color" choice for the avatar, that changes the colors of all his classes to a preset color set chosen by the player, like red, blue, green, white, black, etc. Changing the hue of some textures shouldn't be hard. I'd be happy with about 10 colors, so I'm not asking for much.

Edited by NeonZ

Yeah I have to say a lot of these requests, while they make sense and would be nice, are WAAAAAY too ambitious, if for no reason than the 3DS Hardware capabilities and the engine. This isn't the Next Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Western CRPG we're talking about here.

I don't think there will be skin color options, they didn't shown Robin's face and hairstyle in Awakening in neither scene nor CG picture, if they gonna add in skin color then they literally will have to cover all kamui's skin in all cut scenes and that not counting the number of supports available for Kamui with S-rank CG pictures. Robin with black hair look Asian enough so I don't need to worry about that.

While I doubt it'd happen for FEA as much as I'd like it to happen -- after all, while yes, some of the stuff on this thread IS ambitious this is also a thread on some fan forum that I doubt the devs will ever read so ambitious or not they're not going to affect anything anyway-- as both an artist and a programmer I can say that making like 3 different skin tones and just having 3 different recolors of skin with awakening's cell-shaded art style is not particularly difficult nor heavily memory consuming, and there are ways to further optimize it. A lot of things in this thread, to be honest, aside from entirely custom outfits (Which, I'd like to have too if we're having avatar and actually had the specs, go big or go home etc) I have some ideas of how they could be implemented without being taxing on the hardware.

The palette one would just be a simple hue swap, for example. Different colors of the texture would have a mask assigned to it which then can be colored over through code (think photoshop layer masks used in conjunction with Unity's color overlay for certain elements such as sprites and UI), or it can just be some extra texture files if we do having some preset palettes.

Hmm.... well I don't see it getting any worse that's for sure. Not saying any of the previous customization was bad, just its gotten better with each game to an extent.

I'd like skin color just because I'm not a pasty white ghost. Maybe a few accessories like glasses or wizard hat, etc. and better voices. No offense to the VA's but both male and female American versions sound very monotone.

Accessories and scars would be nice. But I understand if it's limited, if we're not some random weirdo found in a field but actually a lord, we may have to have limits for it to make sense (for instance, if we have living parents, we can't exactly go around looking older than them). Still..I'd like some more

Also, if we aren't stuck in the lord class it'd be interesting if we could choose our starter class.

I would honestly take FE13 customization options + ability to choose a palette over any other fancy additional customization options that didn't include customizing your palette / similar

(on a similar note, avatar's map sprites being generic for standard classes was lame af)