Is the guy watching the dancer in the trailer the king/Marx's dad?

DarkSage764

So did anyone notice the emblem thing that both Marx and the king are wearing are the same emblem?

Look at this:

Examine him closely.

Then look at Marx

Coincidence? I think not!

3ds_fireemblem_011415fbj5p.png

Play the video at a slower speed, 0.25, it's easier to see that way.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

I'd imagine so. Marx is probably leading the Western army in his father's stead (since he looks like an old gorilla and all) and is misled into thinking the ideals implanted in him by his father (who is an evil, evil gorilla) are truly just when they probably aren't, which could lead to the later realization of maybe he's not the good guy who thinks he is after all, but he still wants to defend his father's reputation, as is implied in the gist of the line of dialogue we saw in the trailer, if I recall correctly?

Well, there was that one quote from Marx in the trailer...

"How could this be...?

Father could not have been responsible for this evil act!"

Five bucks has it he's this game's Camus.

I agree! The old man definitely appears to be a royal, and given the fancy theater he's in (there's a goddamn moat between his throne and the dancer), I don't think it would be a stretch to claim that he's the king. And if he's the king, I would assume that he's Marx's father, since Marx appears to be some sort of Western prince.

Going off this idea of Marx being the king's son...

Do you think it's possible that the dancer is in the theater in order to get close to the king to, perhaps, dethrone him? After all, the dancer doesn't appear to be too "happy" while performing, so maybe she has an ulterior motive for being in that theater. Also, at 1:10, we can see that the dancer unit is in blue, whereas a dark knight unit (who I presume to be Marx) is in red. Therefore, I would think that the dancer is either on the Eastern side, or on some neutral, third side as some theories have proposed. And if the king is, indeed, Marx's father, and the dancer is fighting against Marx... then wouldn't the dancer also be fighting against the father?

I notice the emblems on Marx's armor are similar to those found on the old ruler (though they're slightly obscured).

Well, there was that one quote from Marx in the trailer...

"How could this be...?

Father could not have been responsible for this evil act!"

Five bucks has it he's this game's Camus.

Well if he's Kamui's brother, then we'll have a rather sad version of the archetype this time.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Marx has a whole 'Western Prince' look going on so in that one quote in the trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if he was referring to the king of the Western nation seeing as the whole East vs West thing seems to be the case. That king/monarch/dance observer guy seems to be royalty and of Western culture to boot since he's sitting in a coliseum-like building.

So in summary... yes, I think that's exactly who he is.

I agree! The old man definitely appears to be a royal, and given the fancy theater he's in (there's a goddamn moat between his throne and the dancer), I don't think it would be a stretch to claim that he's the king. And if he's the king, I would assume that he's Marx's father, since Marx appears to be some sort of Western prince.

Going off this idea of Marx being the king's son...

Do you think it's possible that the dancer is in the theater in order to get close to the king to, perhaps, dethrone him? After all, the dancer doesn't appear to be too "happy" while performing, so maybe she has an ulterior motive for being in that theater. Also, at 1:10, we can see that the dancer unit is in blue, whereas a dark knight unit (who I presume to be Marx) is in red. Therefore, I would think that the dancer is either on the Eastern side, or on some neutral, third side as some theories have proposed. And if the king is, indeed, Marx's father, and the dancer is fighting against Marx... then wouldn't the dancer also be fighting against the father?

To clarify, the theater is Venetian style as there are gondolas in the background surrounding the stage that the dancer is performing on.

Due to her distressed look, it's highly possible that she is either captured by the Western faction and forced to dance for the king's amusement or, as you said and I hypothesized in another thread, she is there for an unpleasant ulterior motive, such as dethroning/assassinating the king. Overall, we can tell that she doesn't want to be there.

For the Dark Knight at 1:10, I was under the impression that he/she was recruitable, unless you have to talk to him/her repeatedly throughout several chapters in order to recruit this Dark Knight. Also, the sprite is a little different compared to Marx's design, as the sprite has the ridiculous high collar of the Dark Knight and Marx doesn't have that collar in his portrait. However, maybe in this Fire Emblem, Marx's sprite as a Dark Knight just has the generic Dark Knight design and his head? Hm, this detail could change but we'll have to wait for the next trailer/informational video.

To clarify, the theater is Venetian style as there are gondolas in the background surrounding the stage that the dancer is performing on.

Due to her distressed look, it's highly possible that she is either captured by the Western faction and forced to dance for the king's amusement or, as you said and I hypothesized in another thread, she is there for an unpleasant ulterior motive, such as dethroning/assassinating the king. Overall, we can tell that she doesn't want to be there.

For the Dark Knight at 1:10, I was under the impression that he/she was recruitable, unless you have to talk to him/her repeatedly throughout several chapters in order to recruit this Dark Knight. Also, the sprite is a little different compared to Marx's design, as the sprite has the ridiculous high collar of the Dark Knight and Marx doesn't have that collar in his portrait. However, maybe in this Fire Emblem, Marx's sprite as a Dark Knight just has the generic Dark Knight design and his head? Hm, this detail could change but we'll have to wait for the next trailer/informational video.

On the topic of the Dark Knight, he's definitely not your generic unit. He has hair! He's also not a boss unit, because he doesn't have the special shield indication that bosses normally have. So he's probably recruit-able.

(and possibly Marx)

Edited by DarkSage764

I am pretty sure he is the son of old evil. I think he may end up fighting on his dads side despite the evil warnings trying to reform the kingdom from the inside. This may be where the player has to make their first major choice. Follow Marx or leave to the eastern army knowing what you now know about the king.

With his grey skin, he kind of makes me think of characters like Gharnef, Manfroy, Nergal, and Validar; so maybe he's the leader of an evil cult (possibly the ones responsible for summoning the Mouth of Truth Golem).

Hell, in that case he might not be Marx and/or Kamui's father, but the dancer's. Beautiful apocalypse-causing girls with an evil father are something of a tradition (Nergal and Ninian, Robin and Validar, Sara doesn't cause any apocalypses but she's pretty cute for being Manfroy's granddaughter)

Also, as I said in the "Who is the Dancer" thread, the dancer seems to be hiding her identity with the veil, which she is only seen wearing in the scene where she's dancing for this guy. Maybe he's her guardian? If he's an evil cult leader and she is his key to causing an apocalypse, it would make sense that he would want to keep her hidden. Or it could simply be the case of the creepy guy giving his beautiful prisoner a pretty new outfit to wear.