Tactician?

Trickster

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Tactican/Grandmaster to return?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

So since the avatar maybe the prince and a lord class, do you think we'll see the return of Tactician or Grandmaster class, or will it get abandoned? Do you want it back?

I personally like the Mage fighter class back in FE4 and so when the Avatar got this class' spiritual successor I was stoked, but now it might be gone which would make me sad.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely want the Tactician class back. First off, it had pretty neat skills-- Veteran helped me level up and break my MU pretty early on in Lunatic, Ignis was the bomb, and Rally Spectrum was pretty useful when I used the MU as a supporting character-- and its design was awesome too (although Grandmaster looked a bit too bulky...). I'd be a bit disappointed to see it gone as well.

Bias aside, I don't really think Tactician/Grandmaster will be returning, for the reason you listed above. The class was meant to be MU's unique niche, and if the MU's a Lord... well, giving him/her two unique classes would be going a little overboard. However, if the class was really popular in FE:A, perhaps they'll reintroduce the class through a different character that's not the MU? Maybe the dancer could be our tactician, although I understand that's highly unlikely. ^^;;

Edited by Minischew

I would like to see the tactician make a return as a normal class

I mean having a character with sword an magic was pretty cool and tactician sounds much better than mage fighter(which sounds like they slapped two names together because they didnt know what else to do)

Edited by BlueLore

Since it's the same engine, I can see it being kept even if it's not assigned as the main class of any character, like just as a second seal choice for the new avatar and maybe some other characters.

I like the class, just not the skill balance

rally spectrum was really good, but mostly veteran was complete bullshit

If it returns, it should be just a regular class and not completely overpowered (i.e. no Veteran or Rally Spectrum).

I'd rather we got a new class with the same weapons. Like others have said, Magefighter would be cool, and then maybe that could promote to Dark Knight or Dreadfighter (but a less OP Dreadfighter).

Edited by Murdok Dracul

I really liked the Tactician class, but it was more because when I play RPGs, I generally prefer to be a magic class so it suited my style perfectly, unfortunately assuming Kamui is the MU, they seem pretty locked into being a melee unit, barring some form of reclassing.

But I'd be happy with some sort of Swords & Tomes unit in my army

I'd be kind of surprised if something resembling it isn't in this game. May be called Tactician (could be reserved for a Tactician who joins you, or just could be a reclass option with no explanation needed), or it may be called something else. But tomes and sword is a pretty popular combination, and not everyone wants to be on a mount for it.

No, I think that it was just sort of silly. I think a better idea would be to allow the main character the choice of two weapon types at the start of the game. That way you still give players a variety of options while not making them able to do so much, despite supposedly being a character whose role isn't even to be in combat.

Not to harp on the class or anything because I know most of you love it but...

I like how the devs assumed I wanted to be the Tactician class in the first place. The skills were alright but I'm not a fan of the jack of all trades, master of none hybrid classes. I much prefer how New Mystery of the Emblem did it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mage Fighter come back but the Tactician/Grandmaster class I think should just be unique to Awakening.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mage Fighter come back but the Tactician/Grandmaster class I think should just be unique to Awakening.

Pretty much sums up what I'm thinking so far.

However, I honestly won't be surprised if the Tactician/Grandmaster class does come back to FE14 in the form of DLC haha. Gotta make it rain!

Oh yeah, DLC. It will assuredly come back if it isn't in the main game then. I can't see them not adding it in through that.

Also, Dread Fighter is similar, but it's not the same. I much more prefer Tactician/Grandmaster over it.

I like the class because of swords and tomes, but the "Tactician" class will probably be gone. Let this be the grand return of the all powerful Mage Fighter! Totally not bias from it being one of my favorite classes in FE, nope, nope.