Costumes and clothes worn

So far in the trailer, the costumes on display look alright. The pegasus riders look well covered, as do the heroes. The blue haired dancer looks a bit lame imo. I personally dont like the net she wears to cover her mouth, but i guess its still pretty good looking

Also, this time round, i really hope that the devs decide to make some better costumes for some classes. Namely the dark mage/sorcerer for females. They looked waaaay to stupid and skimpy in Awakening, and i'd like to see something more practical and good looking this time round

So what do you guys think? Would you like to see some new threads for characters this time round? Or do you reckon they're fine as they are?

No more toilet bowl horsemen or turtle knights, please.

As for the dancer girl, I have the feeling her darker clothes are special for stuff like that one scene, whereas her white clothes seen at the end of the trailer is her default outfit, if we're to believe that map sprite we've seen really is hers.

This being a forum, for a moment I thought you meant to start discussion threads for individual characters.

I'm fine with the character costumes this time... so far. We haven't seen all classes yet, though. And as discussed elsewhere, their armours could have been made to highlight their faction more than what we have.

The pegasus riders look well covered

Hinoka has her thighs exposed, like most Pegasus Knights in the series

QmR3ngD.png

So what do you guys think? Would you like to see some new threads for characters this time round? Or do you reckon they're fine as they are?

I hope the Knights get a redesign. Which either they have, or that pink-armoured character we saw is some kind of Soldier or Halberdier, or maybe even a new class

So far, I'm liking this new game's outfit designs better than Awakening's as well. Even the dancer looks very cute, imo! I don't even mind her net mask thingy.

Max and Mystery Long-Hair Dude (referring to the unknown guy Max is seen starting a duel with at the end of the trailer) look really cool too!

But yeah, I hope we don't have anymore stupid-looking Cavaliers, Knights, Generals, and female Dark Mages. Also, get rid of the impractical boob-plates that Awakening's Peg knights had and go back to the better-looking, more practical normal female chest plates from Tellius.

Another thing, if Peg knights must stay pantsless, at least give them pants upon promotion like Tellius also had (Falcon Knights there had leggings).

Edited by Anacybele

The blue haired dancer looks a bit lame imo. I personally dont like the net she wears to cover her mouth, but i guess its still pretty good looking

It's a veil.

Another thing, if Peg knights must stay pantsless, at least give them pants upon promotion like Tellius also had (Falcon Knights there had leggings).

My wife would be the first to say that leggings are not pants regardless of what some college/high school girls think. But yeah they probably need something.

My wife would be the first to say that leggings are not pants regardless of what some college/high school girls think. But yeah they probably need something.

Well, she's wrong. They ARE a form of pants. I've seen legging jeans and fabric leggings. They are pants. And even if they weren't, at least they COVER the legs up completely.

Veils are generally worn as cover either for the head or the face. Aside from weddings, they've been used in funerals, as masks, and as protection from the elements, among other things.

I didn't know those were called veils... The only veil I know of is the kind a woman wears for her wedding... And that goes on the back of her head, not her face.

A veil is defined as an object or a piece of clothing that is intended to cover a part of the face. By that definition, it is a veil as well.

Edited by DragonLord

I'm just really happy that we don't have anymore toilet bowl cavaliers and oyster knights/generals. Also, most peggie knights throughout the FE series usually wear some kind of skirt. However, in FE13, the Falcoknight class was literally just a pair of half pants... I hope they changed that; it seems like they did in the beginning of the trailer with the Falcoknights attacking the castle. I also hope that the female Wyvern Lord outfit has changed; it was like a bathing suit plus armor in Awakening.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but during the trailer... you can see peeks of the Dancer's panties and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I know the slit to her skirt is pretty high up there on her leg but sigh... ;____; I just hope it's a cutscene thing and not a part of in-game battles.

I hope they change the male sorcerer outfits if anything, since they just seemed so weird and off. I'll just be happy if there's more unique clothing for characters instead of default boring blue. Otherwise none of the designs really bothered me. I'm just hoping for variety out of all things.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but during the trailer... you can see peeks of the Dancer's panties and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I know the slit to her skirt is pretty high up there on her leg but sigh... ;____; I just hope it's a cutscene thing and not a part of in-game battles.

Actually, I saw a post on that on Tumblr. They aren't her panties, they're sort of half-pants. They're tight pants that only cover one of her legs. Can't find the image at the moment, but I'm sure someone will point it out.

Actually, I saw a post on that on Tumblr. They aren't her panties, they're sort of half-pants. They're tight pants that only cover one of her legs. Can't find the image at the moment, but I'm sure someone will point it out.

Looking more closely at the trailer, I see what you mean now. Thank you for pointing out the half pants/leggings/whatever they are!

It's really hard to tell near the end when she's in the water/dancing imo...

QmR3ngD.png

from the other thread

[spoiler=screenshot]5b67e65767.png

warning: huge image because retina screenshots are massive

so there's pantsless version of peg and pants version of peg, which leads me to believe that some or all of the below might be a thing:
1) Different factions may have different class outfits for the same class; The peg's helmet there looks more like a japanese helmet than the helmets we usually see generic pegs wear.
2) The ones in my screenshot may be Falcos instead, which could mean Falcos get real pants this time instead of the not pants bullshit they had in 13.
3) Generic pegs have pants Hinoka just doesn't care about destroying her thigh
4) Opening cinematic is lying to me and destroying my hopes and dreams
Edited by Thor Odinson

I actually don't mind the clothing or armor. That's ok, clothing and armor I can bypass or ignore. What I really like is that it seems they're using the FEA battle system, which I liked a lot.

QmR3ngD.png

I hope the Knights get a redesign. Which either they have, or that pink-armoured character we saw is some kind of Soldier or Halberdier, or maybe even a new class

Oh, sorry. I think i mistook the gap for clothes of a similar colour to her skin

It's a veil.

Yeaaa, i didnt have the word in my mind at the time, but you still get my point, i hope

I hope they change the male sorcerer outfits if anything, since they just seemed so weird and off. I'll just be happy if there's more unique clothing for characters instead of default boring blue. Otherwise none of the designs really bothered me. I'm just hoping for variety out of all things.

I agree with this. If they can somehow change the costumes to one that is similar to the gba druids, then that would give them a good look