eclipse plays FE7 Chaos Mode

eclipse

I'm stuck at home today, on a liquid diet, no less~! What better way to pass the time than to make everyone just as miserable as me? :P:

This is an idea I've been throwing around for a bit. Here's what not to expect:

- Humor

- Any sort of efficiency

- Me being competent

- Anything that'll hinder me TOO much

Instead. . .I'll describe which units I'm going to use, as I go through this hack (version Christmas). There's a pattern to who's in and who's not, but there's be a couple of exceptions.

- Marcus gets to stay until I get another competent staff user

- Anyone who's forced in the final chapter gets to stay, full stop (this includes Ninian, because she influences Nils so damn much)

Let's go~!

Chapter 11

iv2AVXo.png

This is what the game starts you with. It's a lot better than vanilla.

A9Z3iTk.png

Exemption the first. Can't double, but he's pretty bulky.

tgtNhGm.png

Here's the other unit. If Sonic was a human in Fire Emblem, this is what he'd look like.

uJ4iGpY.png

End of the first turn. This prevents Matthew from using his Iron Sword, but why would you want to buck the weapon triangle like that?

d79kWbN.png

If you're going to give the opponent WTA, at least make sure that you're using a weapon that can hit.

inFjI0L.png

Matthew got one of the 29% crits, so I get to move Hector to this spot, and have him wait. He can't ORKO the enemy, so I don't see why I should take more damage than necessary.

M1oVVxo.png

Matthew clears the way to the door, while Hector heals.

ClIVikF.png

This thief will prioritize stealing over looting. I draw the thief up to Hector, who then takes his pilfered Chest Key back, by force. Matthew takes the newly-recovered key from Hector. On the next turn, Matthew gets the chest, then moves out of range. It's enough to attract the attention of a Soldier and Archer. Everything is going according to plan.

OnHM1AV.png

The hit rate stinks, but I want to conserve Armorslayer uses. Savestate go!

bZlX1tM.png

Notice how Hector is barely hanging on to life? He's bulky enough to take both hits. Matthew would be pushing daisies, if he was in the same situation and failed to dodge. Either way, the arrow guy goes first (RNG and all).

05q4prW.png

A fitting punishment for scrying the future.

u1RkEQO.png

Hector's noble sacrifice was not in vain. It gave Matthew the numbers necessary to kill the Soldier with an Iron Sword. The One Who Sees the Future's verdict: Matthew's permanently on the team.

QGm7zl1.png

Therefore, let's feed him this kill. But first, I had Hector use up a Vulnerary, then sent Matthew off with three items in inventory. He'll survive the hit from the archer, should push come to shove.

16KlgN3.png

A dodge and a crit later, and Matthew is the proud owner of two Vulneraries.

G1LvZ4r.png

Hector sort of looks like Merlinus in this shot.

THZ6ecO.png

I had Matthew ferry Hector over, and had Hector trade his old Steel Bow over. I can safely skip this enemy, but Hector could use the experience.

yyrkiW1.png

Erm, I mean Matthew. :P:

QQkbCRg.png

I forget to get the level-up screen. Luckily for me, Matthew got Strength~!

HV8aDX4.png

Hector with base Strength can hit the boss twice with an Iron Bow before he'll run off and heal. I don't want him to heal, as it'll cost me more weapon uses.

G7xovS1.png

Matthew's earlier Strength gain comes in handy. I only need one use of the Armorslayer, as opposed to two.

tvtcqHU.png

RIP. Used up one Vulnerary total, have two full ones for later. That was probably my best Chapter 11 run in FE7CM.

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love lets plays. Why play a game when others can play it for you amirite? And if I like this one, I might just get the hack myself.

As of now, I still value my sanity however.

I probably won't be that funny. . .but then again, I have no idea what you'd fine enjoyable, so. . .uh, I hope you like it?

Whoa, you were able to see the future?! What are you, telepathetic?! (Don't forget the "FE7 Chaos Mode" tag btw bb)

BEHOLD THE POWER TO REWIND TIME! (I'll get to the tag, like, right now)

I dunno about that. Considering how bad bow users are in FE7 I'd be surprised to see an Iron Bow with so few uses.

BBM LEVEL READING SKILLS!

Chapter 12

4bJmRL1.png

What better way to start a chapter than to put a unit that Hector can OHKO close by? Oh, and see that bandit to the north? Check his Speed before killing that pegasus - sometimes, he'll spawn with 7 Speed, and if he does, Hector at base will be doubled.

SBL8YT7.png

Overkill. The best kind of kill.

TuOXwCr.png

Serra and Matthew shy away from the enemies. The archer can attack Serra, but won't.

X8AVD9C.png

On the other side, I had Bartre and Dorcas swap swords. Using two Steel Sword charges like this isn't necessary, but Bartre really needs the experience.

lH2X16q.png

Hector gains Speed~!

zlLvYnX.png

Dorcas at base is really good.

zD0InCe.png

Rebecca was tired of hanging around, so I fed her this kill.

fhZj6h1.png

And this is Dorcas with a sword. Iron Swords become passable weapons, when wielded by someone who has a decent amount of CON. . .and has WTA. Sometimes.

OcocYOx.png

However, Dorcas won't be going to endgame. I may need to use him a bit more until I hit Caelin.

5zIAKye.png

Bartre's accuracy is terrible.

QzqCsJ4.png

Hector's is better. I positioned him there so that he'd block the norther pegasus. Meanwhile, Matthew nabbed the Red Gem from Hector, and grabbed a few more Iron Swords and Iron Lances.

4LnKokJ.png

Serra gets OHKO'd by generic enemies. Plopping her in front of the boss (thanks Lowen) isn't the best idea, but. . .

zfPMGDQ.png

. . .with terrain, she's got 57 avoid. . .

cbe4NA5.png

. . .and the boss has 78 hit. Factor in WTA, and she'll be fine.

D9GkxBd.png

Bartre goes for another kill. Even with WTA, his hit rate is shaky.

qfefQSm.png

Spoiler: She crits.

vE9aJXa.png

GET. OUT.

Marcus, being the good Troubadour that he is, fetched the Secret Book.

At the end of this chapter, the only permanent unit I have is Matthew. Dorcas/Serra will be benched once Caelin comes 'round (I need Serra for a little something in Chapter 15). Dunno about everyone else.

Humor isn't the only reason you could like a lets play. But I feel like you self deprecating so much could end up becoming humor lol.

As long as it amuses you, dear reader~!

Chapter 13: I should be taking more screenshots

R6MijCR.png

Aw yeah, burst FTW~!

mgj9cdb.png

That's 14 damage, twice. Goodbye generic bandit!

QMkGxxk.png

BUT WAIT WEREN'T YOU OVER THERE AND SUDDENLY HECTOR TOOK YOUR SPOT AND WTF MAN?! Had I left Rebecca where she was, she would've had to dodge either a pegasus with an Iron Lance or an archer with an Iron Bow. Therefore, I moved her over a bit thanks to Matthew/Marcus, and had Hector stand one space behind where she was. Because of where I dropped her, she counter-killed the archer, and got that level. HELLO MY SECOND MATE!

DJz3YfV.png

She takes that level and proceeds to wreck face.

LurDCF9.png

Her next level is pretty good. I didn't get a good shot of the level after that, sadly.

O5mSuDr.png

Hector is slowly but surely gaining Speed. The more he gains, the less likely he is to be doubled. That point of Defense comes in handy later on in this chapter.

Sa9fRLn.png

This is the alternate way of leveling Bartre. Note to future players: Make sure you can get Bartre out, if you want him to live. I had to rescue him with Hector. Remember that point of Defense I mentioned earlier? The two horses near the boss deal 16 damage. Thanks to that point of defense, Hector takes five damage from them, and is doubled (Bartre's heavy). Five times four is twenty, which is just enough for him to survive, should they gang up on him (which they didn't).

q82AYHx.png

That is Serra-tier awful. OUT!

x9IRZCK.png

The only thing that's keeping this enemy from being insta-dead is a forest.

QBFsxin.png

Strategy: Have Matthew poke with the Armorslayer, and have Eliwood finish. The boss' weaponry is intimidating, but as long as he stays on that Iron Bow, he's manageable. Poke from a distance!

NGQtet0.png

Guy. . .I'll miss you. . . :(:

XbOkfYz.png

Eliwood picks up the slack.

Marcus gained a level, which I somehow missed. Will he be coming to the final chapter?

atJAy8W.png

No. :(:

Looks like 2/10 spots are filled. Matthew will be guzzling Energy Rings like I'm guzzling chicken broth, and Rebecca. . .well, she can continue to be awesome.

Edited by eclipse

BENCHING SERRA?

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

I benched her the first time 'round, too. . .but I had Fiora take her spot. :P:

Oooh, more chaos mode

I recommend not using either of your Cavaliers, you get a much Better one. Also Serra is worth using becuase op sword

Don't worry, I've done this before (once)~! Priscilla's got a decent chance of making the cut. Though doing it without Guy makes me sad.

THIS IS HIGH TREASON! YOU SHALL BE EXECUTED FOR YOUR CRIMES!

Not my fault that she failed me two out of three times that I've played this hack.

Chapter 13x

pZt5uws.png

Lovely starting position. This chapter is one of those that's a lot harder on vanilla, and that's because there's no amazing things like a flying tank or a boss that. . .well, you'll see~!

T4gEsr0.png

I had Lowen smack the archer. This was the result. Sorry, Lowen, you're out (though you may stick around a bit longer for flier utility, if I somehow miss Kent/Legault, too).

3ZqeBAE.png

Go Matthew~!

57FBQu3.png

Leave Merlinus in his starting position, and Puzon will move. This is a great thing, if you don't mind a chance of resetting (as Puzon doubles). Luckily, Merlinus dodged twice. Since the boss was nice enough to come south, he's in range of Oswin's Steel Sword. The hit rate isn't ideal, but Oswin somehow hits both. I get a crazy idea. . .

xcwtJMw.png

Check 1: Make sure Rebecca doesn't die.

IYwxupp.png

Check 2: In CM, axes are more accurate than swords. Even with WTD.

7XpsjC7.png

Check 3: YOU NEED TO DIE.

SjbbxbF.png

This is what I get for being risky.

IqNe1nP.png

Dorcas is still useful.

FEcyjJc.png

Guy doesn't take well to the news of his impending benching.

XmIoPPi.png

Oswin's not on the final team, either.

mvXVDjQ.png

Always end on a positive note~!

Will Erk and/or Prissy make it on? I HAVE NO IDEA~!

Edited by eclipse

Damn, I never managed to kill Puzon that quickly. Kudos!

Also, I regularly bench Serra too. It happens. But you shouldn't diss Dorcas; out of the 4 times I've used him, he capped HP, str, skill and speed every single time. Without boosters. Yeah, his resistance is shaky nonexistent, but he does have a higher strength cap than Priscilla, not to mention a nice Fire affinity, compared to Prissy's Wind (which isn't bad either, though). And this won't even be relevant after the next update.

Damn, I never managed to kill Puzon that quickly. Kudos!

Also, I regularly bench Serra too. It happens. But you shouldn't diss Dorcas; out of the 4 times I've used him, he capped HP, str, skill and speed every single time. Without boosters. Yeah, his resistance is shaky nonexistent, but he does have a higher strength cap than Priscilla, not to mention a nice Fire affinity, compared to Prissy's Wind (which isn't bad either, though). And this won't even be relevant after the next update.

There's. . .something that sets apart the units I'm keeping from the ones I'm ditching. I promise it's not totally random!

When Dorcas cooperates, he's awesome. When he doesn't he's still serviceable, which is really cool.

Nice Rebecca unlike mine who fails me half the time

Serra is godtier (well, her sword is)

First Rebecca for me that's cooperating~! Mani Katti is indeed godly tier, but Serra's future is not. Perhaps Fiora can step in. . .

Chapter 14

Enemies come from all sides, and unlike vanilla, there's some nasty things in the middle of the map. Not even the new guys are able to compensate for that, so I'm going to keep up a full team for this chapter (well, as full as I can get it).

LIsnUUt.png

Guy will miss, but this is necessary.

piGPT9v.png

This allows Hector to OHKO the soldier that stands between Serra and Erk.

wZunok7.png

Hi.

dKN7XeY.png

Oswin needs to stand right here. He'll take on two Mercenaries, but one will miss.

e5V8BLa.png

Eliwood sets up for next turn.

4H0x5Eb.png

This guy is an asshole.

qPGM9SN.png

He starts far too close to us for my liking.

Hi5yv0G.png

That range is no joke.

Lf7NxmL.png

If Hector stands there on turn 2, he can aggro just about everything. Eliwood can stand three spaces to the right, to donate his support bonus (so that even if that asshole shown earlier gets a crit, Hector will survive).

TlLGGKc.png

Erk is no longer a scrub.

0PcoJEE.png

Hector needs Speed.

tZleNHD.png

After the rain, this is the enemy's formation. They're gonna get wrecked. See those two horses to the left of Lowen? The closer one wields an Iron Lance. . .and the other one has a Poison Sword. The latter can die in a fire.

PZa2vj7.png

This is Erk. AT BASE. He does not approve of the extra "i" in Erik's name.

4lXPbqB.png

You got owned by a fresh recruit. You deserve it. Erk gets a level off of that kill. . .

6MV7SGc.png

. . .and welcome to the club! Might have him wield bows for giggles.

hguroZJ.png

Priscilla does a bit of self-improvement before I leave.

So that's three permanent members~! I hope Prissy makes it, so that Erk has someone to talk to~!

Yooooooooooooooooooo, do us a favour and show us your unit's stats! Your Erk is boss already

I'm currently two chapters ahead of you, so ~

Magewood ftw

Edited by B.Mage

Yooooooooooooooooooo, do us a favour and show us your unit's stats! Your Erk is boss already

I'm currently two chapters ahead of you, so ~

Magewood ftw

I'll do so as soon as I finish Chapter 15! I've found a workable strategy, for once~!

If properly trained, magewood becomes elibeast of doom.

Otherwise known as "that resourceless unit that murders everything in sight". Fimbulvter OP.

I'll do so as soon as I finish Chapter 15! I've found a workable strategy, for once~!

Otherwise known as "that resourceless unit that murders everything in sight". Fimbulvter OP.

Actually...

Forblaze.

Oooh, more chaos mode

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE MORE CHAOS MODE

IT'S THE KURSE OF KLOK

this.

Speaking of which eclipse, do you plan to use the mine and/or Torch staff? And do you plan to "cheese" the final chapter? (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...*looks at MrNight48*)

It's funny cuz you won't be able to do that in the final version '3'

this.

Speaking of which eclipse, do you plan to use the mine and/or Torch staff? And do you plan to "cheese" the final chapter? (YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...*looks at MrNight48*)

In some way, shape, or form. Where I use these things is another question entirely. As for cheesing the final chapter. . .does moving every last unit out of my way count? :P:

As for the rest of the posts. . . :P:

I'll get around to replaying Chapter 15 as soon as I'm confident that I can sit down for an hour without having to run to the bathroom.

I managed to sit through that, and shortly after I was done. . .off to the bathroom again. My stomach's uncomfortable, my head feels woozy, and my chicken broth has sediment in it. ;/

Chapter 15 - One last hurrah

Vo3WY4E.png

Serra's first task is to destroy a wall.

fTZxC6K.png

Bartre gets me the most important item on the map (in the run I actually used, he was below the fighter).

g2F6H7A.png

Formation at the end of turn 1.

KZTowiz.png

Uh. . .yay for resistance?

9LOI781.png

If Bartre steals from the initial fighter in the position I showed in the second picture, that reinforcement won't spawn.

9HJLOD2.png

Did Priscilla make the cut? HELL. YES!

UivQqor.png

Too bad one of her harem has already removed himself. . .

HcUJF7b.png

After Matthew countered Sealen (the former who happened to have the Armorslayer equipped), Priscilla goes in for the kill steal.

rNiRN17.png

ITT: Former Magical Units Do Work.

mc41OOk.png

:wub:

KllW0jv.png

It ain't speed, but if it helps him to survive longer, I won't complain.

dYmuDJC.png

Here we have a wild Erk, doing something nearly unheard of - gaining skill.

1ExHsyG.png

Here's how this works: Either Hector crits and does decent damage, or the enemy crits, and I reload the save state. Eliwood's moral support helped to drop the enemy damage/crit.

bOGDB1F.png

The winner of Crit Wars, Round 1, is Hector!

9NGNKBi.png

This would've been Serra's other purpose. . .

dUyKleD.png

. . .but Eliwood does it better.

tRNXlHr.png

Bartre's usage has been dropped to stealing things and looting chests. . .not much different from typical Thieves.

l3qPRbF.png

Marcus will appreciate that.

It took several tries before I came up with that strategy. Oswin had to kill the initial fighter and the fire mage near Sealen with a Steel Sword, and Matthew needed to dodge Sealen and/or the Brave Bow dude. Somehow, it worked out.

And now, the early-game montage~!

xLsZU8B.png

Our Hero, who sorely needs to be faster.

agDOuNe.png

Sonic on a horse, who really wants more Armorslayers.

hwx16dC.png

WTF Eliwood is bulky.

H0Xs3o6.png

Pega-Pony Princess, without the ponytail. Or the pegasus.

0F9duSG.png

Get lost.

94bxEpV.png

You're awesome.

ARQhWgC.png

You're going to be awesome.

zzIMxQh.png

You're going to stomp the minute I get more Hand Axes.

QmPLq6M.png

He gets a mention for dodgetanking things.

a4FeURv.png

Did pretty well, for the time he was around.

2YvWNUf.png

You're being booted the minute Canas shows up.

MTDgoke.png

He gave up, too. :(:

1YvjBWI.png

Flying utility. . .maybe.

IYw3Owq.png

"And then some redheaded chick on a horse showed up and ousted me!"