Regarding the canon of their own games, who is the most powerful Smash character?

Jave

Erm doods, can you guys tell me about Luigi's physical strength? Mario could swing motherfucking Bowser like nothing, and lifted King Bob-Omb fairly easy too, without any kind of power up. Since I never got to play all of the games Green Mario was in, I'm curious about what he can do on that department.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luigi is stated not to be as physically strong as Mario, but he's been able to toss Bowser around left and right too, given that he is playable and plays nearly the same as Mario in the SMG games and such.

in Superstar Saga, i reckon he could cause earthquakes with his Ultra Hammer

Also, one thing I literally just considered that even Deathbattle never brought up...

if you act under the assumption that the Poltergust holds every bit of content sucked inside of it, without acting as a sort of hammerspace portal, then Luigi is strong enough to walk around with a fully loaded to the brim Poltergust, that's well,

627d46c101.png

All of those items in weight, combined, plus the weight of the Poltergust itself, clothing, and miscellaneous stuff like Mario's hat, glove and shoe, and other knickknacks is incredible. The gold bars alone weigh just under 1,500 lbs on average, and assuming that the gold coins weigh a minimum of 1 oz, just as a nice standard number, that's still almost 100 pounts of gold coins too. However, since gold coins are worth a weight of 1/20 of a Gold Bar (determined by price comparison), we can assume that a gold coin count maximum weighs the equivalent of just under 77 additional Gold Bars, which skyrockets the weight strapped to his back to over 3,250 lbs...

He can still stand with that on his back. I think that's a testament to the true strength of his legs at the very least.

*Edit*

I haven't played the game so I don't know if there's a point in which he physically lifts the Poltergust onto his back from say, the floor, or if he ever falls over and uses his arms to get back up, but that'll help verify his arm strength

*Edit edit*

If Mario is explicitly stated to be stronger than Luigi in canon, then it's probably in arm strength, as Luigi obviously has a leg strength advantage.

*Edit edit edit*

I fucking love math

Edited by Sara.

Yeah, Sara went into nice detail there. I would personally put Luigi right below Mario, with nobody between them.

And you people disappoint me that you have not played Luigi's games! Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is the best 3DS game ever, imo. <3

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think that what Poltergust can hold within can be counted for anything because then you fall into territory of characters being as strong as stuff they pick up along the way. Like how Mario can collect thousand of coins in his games that he's carrying around in his pockets. Or that Link is actually carrying all of his weapons in his back. Or that Marth is actually stronger than Ike because in his games he can carry around the entire freaking convoy.

Heck, by the Poltergust logic, you are agreeing that Shulk is running around carrying dozens of freaking PUPPIES.

since its been about two pages, lets repost this with some of the mostly agreed stuff.

SS Tier
- Shulk
- Kirby

S Tier
- Rosalina
- Ganondorf

- Mewtwo
- Pit

- Palutena

A Tier
- Sonic
- Ness

- Lucas

- Zelda
- Mario
- Bowser

-Wario
- Link / Toon Link
- Pac-Man
- Donkey Kong

- Luigi

-Greninja

B Tier

- Robin

- Samus / Zero Suit Samus

- Lucario

-Charizard

- Ike

- Marth

- Lucina

- Pikachu

- Mega Man

- Captain Falcon

- Little Mac

C/D Tier

Everyone else probably goes here. Can't really think of many differences for all these characters, but we can give it a shot.

E Tier

Wii Fit Trainer (No, I don't think she's above Villager)

still uncertain on DDD and Metaknight, or if Dark Pit would be in the same tier as pit.

also maybe Yoshi for low B tier?

Still think Rosalina should be up a tier. (Refer to Loki's post on page 1)

Still think WFT > Villager. (Uh, really? Why not?)

Still think Pit and Palutena are too high. Divinity only means something if you don't suck with it.

There was a thread like this at my old forum, but I abandoned it to come here.

I haven't played Earthbound, but if Ness is anything like Ninten from Mother 1 than he's not that powerful.

Rosalina didn't reset the Universe, all the Lumas neutralized the blackhole that was created from Bowsers sun, planet, or whatever he had.

Wii Fit Trainer is at the peak of normal human strength, so I think she can take on a stupid dog, duck, little boy/girl, and toy robot.

Dark Pit is one spot below Pit, as Pit always defeats him every chapter he appears. Similar, but not equals.

Robin, Marth, and Ike should all be together on the list.

Don't forget to add all cut characters in your lists.

Real world logic or science shouldn't be applied to fictional universes, it's best to just assume that it is similar to ours.

Rosalina didn't reset the Universe, all the Lumas neutralized the blackhole that was created from Bowsers sun, planet, or whatever he had.

In case this becomes a point of contention, people should remember that the fighter, and therefore what should actually be considered for the tier list, is Rosalina and Luma.

That's limiting it by Smash rules, which defeats the purpose of this thread.

It's which character is the most powerful. Bowser shouldn't be allowed to have 10,000 Goombas attack a single fighter, Goomba is not a character, but if you want to do it that way then Rosalina should be placed near the bottom because the Lumas are her children and I don't think she'd hurt them like that for a meaningless battle.

What are the rules? Are characters fighting each other, because this is how I see it.

Edited by Rabbattack

It's which character is the most powerful. Bowser shouldn't be allowed to have 10,000 Goombas attack a single fighter, Goomba is not a character, but if you want to do it that way then Rosalina should be placed near the bottom because the Lumas are her children and I don't think she'd hurt them like that for a meaningless battle.

"Bowser & Goomba" is not a Smash fighter, "Rosalina & Luma" is a Smash fighter. And it's about the power they have, not how they would necessarily choose to use it, else the villains would all be topping the list.

"Bowser & Goomba" is not a Smash fighter, "Rosalina & Luma" is a Smash fighter. And it's about the power they have, not how they would necessarily choose to use it, else the villains would all be topping the list.

I think a better way to determine the most powerful character is to see who'd get the most wins on a 1v1 match without smash rules.

Sorry for being stupid. I have been pretty annoying on this forum, I'll try controlling my behavoir.

There have been a total of 4 different Links in smash: Adult Link, Young Link, Toon Link, and Twilight Princess Link. I'm not sure if Young Link should be considered the same character as Adult Link or Majora's Mask Link. Two Zeldas: OoT and TP. Ganondorf doesn't count because it's the same character.

Also, I vote Pichu for S tier.

Ness and Lucas aren't that strong, so I suggest bringing them down. All Ness has is a lullaby song (I think), a bat, some fireballs, iceballs, and thunder. Nevermind, he doesn't have those PSI moves, Paula does (I think).

Edited by Rabbattack

Ness and Lucas aren't that strong, so I suggest bringing them down. All Ness has is a lullaby song (I think), a bat, some fireballs, iceballs, and thunder. Nevermind, he doesn't have those PSI moves, Paula does (I think).

Go play Earthbound and come back and say that again.

[spoiler=Earthbound]At one point in the game Ness gains like 200,000 EXP points in addition to tons of stat ups that put his power through stratospherical levels, and while he still needs his friends to defeat the game's final boss, he is now practically the most powerful human in the world.

Go play Earthbound and come back and say that again.

[spoiler=Earthbound]At one point in the game Ness gains like 200,000 EXP points in addition to tons of stat ups that put his power through stratospherical levels, and while he still needs his friends to defeat the game's final boss, he is now practically the most powerful human in the world.

Saving money for Metroid Prime Trilogy, I'm just a kid, please don't hurt me. I don't want to emulate games I am able to buy. I still think Mario should be stronger, and please don't delve to deep into game mechanics, a little is ok, but don't go to far or you'll wind up in a world of trouble, take it from someone who's been through hell. Edited by Rabbattack

Saving money for Metroid Prime Trilogy, I'm just a kid, please don't hurt me. I don't want to emulate games I am able to buy. I still think Mario should be stronger, and please don't delve to deep into game mechanics, a little is ok, but don't go to far or you'll wind up in a world of trouble, take it from someone who's been through hell.

Thanks, but as the person who started the thread, I'm pretty aware of the rules this discussion uses and game mechanics are a part of them. I've played the games I've talked about in this thread so I'm perfectly aware of what I'm saying when I make an argument regarding a character.

The thread is fine the way it's now, so there's no need for you to lay any extra rules.

re: rosaluma -

the fighter "rosalina and luma" has an arbitrarily large number of lumas, of varying colors

which is significantly larger than one

MetaKnight should be somewhere near the top its mentioned somewhere in the war with Nightmare that he's one of the legendary Star Warriors and his strength is on par with Kirby's the only thing Kirby has on him is his invaluable copy ability.

Since people are including Lucas I think it's ok to add past Links too.

Adult Link>TP Link>Toon Link>Young Link

Thanks, but as the person who started the thread, I'm pretty aware of the rules this discussion uses and game mechanics are a part of them. I've played the games I've talked about in this thread so I'm perfectly aware of what I'm saying when I make an argument regarding a character.

The thread is fine the way it's now, so there's no need for you to lay any extra rules.

Please forgive me, I won't do it again.

And without even having to resort to Ness late-game quest, PSI Rockin' is a huuuuge mindblast that IIRC is the strongest spell in the game.

He's also beating DIAMOND DOGSSSS with baseball bats, too. Think about that

He's also beating DIAMOND DOGSSSS with baseball bats

He'll take yo' dog wiff dat bat!

He'll take yo' wife wiff dat bat!

He'll take yo' kids wiff dat bat!

He'll take yo' lives wiff dat bat!

He'll take yo' BATS wiff dat bat!

Ness iz OP pls nrf.

Edited by ~Silver

Mario should be at the top of the list because of his super star. Instant kill and invincibility. Luigi and Peach have this too, so Luigi would be under Mario with Peach being below Luigi, all on SS tier. Kirby and Sonic go on SS tier too.

Edited by Rabbattack

But the Starman only lasts for like ten seconds.

Thats enough time to kill everyone on the smash roster, one touch can instantly kill. Faster characters can get away easily, but since Mario and Luigi have the ability to carry anything and everything at the same time they can just hold like 99 or 999 stars. Their only weaknesses are lava and pits.

If Luigi is one of your favorite characters you shouldn't doubt anything that lets him get to the top. Luigi is love, Luigi is life.

Edited by Rabbattack