Regarding the canon of their own games, who is the most powerful Smash character?

Jave

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well um

uh

he can chop down a tree in three swings

he can shove around furniture for hours without getting tired

well

he can shove around far heavier objects than most characters can, and without visible effort, I guess

re: inventory

If I had to argue that it should, it would be because in Smash it is treated as a "special power," that others don't have

I'm not sure which way I'm leaning on that

Edited by Euklyd

Mega Mewtwo (Either one, I believe) has a higher Base Stat Total than the God of Pokémon himself, Arceus.

...which if you don't know what that means, he's stronger than the thing that created him.

(WARNING: prepare for a total nerd-out)

Actually, in the Sinnoh Folklore in Canalave Library, it simply states "Arceus crated the Sinnoh Region" or something along the lines of that. So, that means that, while having the power to build an entire continent, Arceus didn't create the world, so it doesn't really have any merit to be a god, although most likely being revered as one. (Similar to how Ancient Mesopotamian religions worshiped the Euphrates river, without any real reason to other than having a deity) But still, with higher base stats than a creature capable of doing that, Mega Mewtwo is pretty impressive. Sorry, I don't mean to sound nit-picky, but I just dislike people saying that Arceus = The god of the Pokemon universe, because not all regions even know about it, and quite possibly have their own gods (IE- Xerneas/Yvetall or Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza), and it didn't even create the entire world in Sinnohan Folklore, just Sinnoh. Although it could be argued that the definition of a a god is simply a higher being, not just a creator, that would further prove that Arceus isn't a god, because the player, a 10-or-so year old boy/girl can defeat, capture, and control it. Sorry if that didn't make sense or was in an awkward order.

Edited by AwesomeSauce

been anwhile, let me update this with the general thoughts, changes are in bold

SS Tier
- Shulk
- Kirby

S Tier
- Rosalina
- Ganondorf

-Meta-knight

- Mewtwo

A Tier

- Pit

-Dark Pit

- Palutena
- Sonic
- Ness

- Lucas

- Zelda
- Mario
- Bowser

-Wario
- Link / Toon Link
- Pac-Man
- Donkey Kong

- Luigi

-Greninja

- Samus / Zero Suit Samus

B Tier

- Robin

- Lucario

-Charizard

- Ike

- Marth

- Lucina

- Pikachu

- Mega Man

- Captain Falcon

- Little Mac

C/D Tier

Everyone else probably goes here. Can't really think of many differences for all these characters, but we can give it a shot.

E Tier

Wii Fit Trainer (No, I don't think she's above Villager)

after several discussions, we've believed the kid icarus characters were placed too high just because of their status, not for any actual skills, so they went down, along with the addition of dark pit. Also after talks, Samus deserved to move up a tier, also added Meta-knight in S tier since it was said that he's around kirby tier but not quite.

What to discuss? well any character placements really, or maybe talk about if Yoshi and King Dedede deserve to be in C/D tier.

Wouldn't Dr. Mario share a spot on the list with Mario? I mean, they're really just the same person, right?

But they aren't the same person.

The normal Mario timeline has him go on adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom and other lands. The doctor timeline has him focus on getting a PhD and becoming a doctor, opening up a medical clinic with Peach and Luigi. In the latter, he never came upon the warp pipe leading to the Mushroom Kingdom while plumbing as a plumber to pay his student loans. Peach never became princess and was accidentally delivered to another set of parents by the stork to a set of common folk in Brooklyn.

Just thought I should tell you this so there isn't any confusion.

Duck Hunt Dog for B tier because he's essentially a cartoon character.

And he has explosives, gunmen, mexican gunmen, and a DUCK.

I mean he's sure as all hell beating the villager.

i could see this if its more agreed on.

But they aren't the same person.

The normal Mario timeline has him go on adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom and other lands. The doctor timeline has him focus on getting a PhD and becoming a doctor, opening up a medical clinic with Peach and Luigi. In the latter, he never came upon the warp pipe leading to the Mushroom Kingdom while plumbing as a plumber to pay his student loans. Peach never became princess and was accidentally delivered to another set of parents by the stork to a set of common folk in Brooklyn.

Just thought I should tell you this so there isn't any confusion.

thanks for the story info, i feel like dr mario shouldn't be as high up there.