Koei VP discusses other possible "Warriors" games for Nintendo

Jedi

Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, so we can see Mario slaying hundreds of Goomas at a time with a giant fireball.

I could see an FE one being done, and it would probably fit the theme rather well, but it wouldn't be nearly as silly as a Mario one.

I could also seem them making it a multi-series thing, either very broad amounts of characters like SSB or a smaller collection of franchises like Mario Kart.

Fire Emblem seems the most obvious choice, Kirby and Pokemon would be interesting. A Metroid Warriors would be interesting, but I'm not sure how you'd do it since it's more of a shooter, but I could see hoards of GF troops fighting Space Pirates.

I think if FEif sells really well they may look into doing a Fire Emblem Warriors. The way Hyrule Warriors basically brought multiple games together works well for Fire Emblem and Mario for potential spin offs, but I don't think Pokemon really fits into the mold.

Like I remember seeing a post about this, but basically what pokemon are considered the weak minions? For Mario you can have stuff like koopas, toads, goombas. There's a lot of options, but for Pokemon it would just be weird.

I think if FEif sells really well they may look into doing a Fire Emblem Warriors. The way Hyrule Warriors basically brought multiple games together works well for Fire Emblem and Mario for potential spin offs, but I don't think Pokemon really fits into the mold.

Like I remember seeing a post about this, but basically what pokemon are considered the weak minions? For Mario you can have stuff like koopas, toads, goombas. There's a lot of options, but for Pokemon it would just be weird.

Pokemon could use the typical Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/Plasma/Flare goon mons. If they so wished.

Pokemon + Warriors? lol, no thanks... Pokemon isn't about war or vicious fighting. Mostly friendly battles between Pokemon and their trainers. This is why I've ignored that Pokemon Conquest BS. Can't believe such a game ever happened.

Now a Fire Emblem Warriors game would make my day! After having so much fun with Hyrule Warriors, I can see why people wanted an FE variation. I still also want FE + Zelda too though.

Edited by Anacybele

Pokemon + Warriors? lol, no thanks... Pokemon isn't about war or vicious fighting. Mostly friendly battles between Pokemon and their trainers. This is why I've ignored that Pokemon Conquest BS. Can't believe such a game ever happened.

Now a Fire Emblem Warriors game would make my day! After having so much fun with Hyrule Warriors, I can see why people wanted an FE variation. I still also want FE + Zelda too though.

Emblem Warriors would be absolutely grand, you could have so many characters from different universes (kinda like how Hyrule Warriors did). A FE all star cast would also be typical DW character amount these days too (80+).

How characters would be chosen would be another thing entirely.

Well presumably you could have all the Lords, and some villains, and then a few other important characters like Soren and Titania, or maybe Ninian/Nils

Only problem I could see is a lot of lords use swords and that could be hard to make unique between them all.

Well presumably you could have all the Lords, and some villains, and then a few other important characters like Soren and Titania, or maybe Ninian/Nils

Only problem I could see is a lot of lords use swords and that could be hard to make unique between them all.

Dynasty Warriors has quite a few sword wielders as well, and they all play completely differently. Liu Bei uses twin swords, Cao Cao has a more sweeping sword style that also uses shadows, Sun Jian has a brutal in your face sword style with shockwaves. Sima Zhao has his various water based projectiles with a very wild style. Etc (except in 7 due to its odd new mechanic but 8 fixed that)

Edited by Jedi

On the subject of the "Shooter" Custom Robo and Metroid games, look into Dynasty Warriors Gundam, especially DWG:Reborn and its. . . well, enhancements. While a lot of the mecha have melee weapons - laser blades, heat hawks, ridiculous ramming attacks - DWG gives more emphasis on ranged attacks as both a normal attack (Hold you strong attack to perform a charge shot) and as finishers to combos. The whole technological angle also adds in some other mechanics - for instance, instead of dashing after a dodge or a short run, you use a boost gauge to dodge, dash, and even to jump - which you can dash around in the air, too, starting an entire aerial combo and dashing to continue it all over again. And yes, mostly range-focused mechs either get some melee attack to start their combos before switching into ranged attacks, except for one or two of them who are just absolutely shooting everything.

If you care for more mindless exposition, the Fields/Bases you capture in DWG can also have special effects, like healing ALL units on your side (slowly) or constructing extra suits so that generic "Captains" to go out and capture more fields. There's also Battleships and the Mobile Armors who appear on the field. Mobile Armors function similar enough to how the bosses in Hyrule Warriors function, though with DWG:R you can fight in them with very simplified controls. The Battleships, on the other hand, function like mobile Bases who also happen to shoot at you, sometimes even from across the map. You can jump up and shoot back, complete with taking a chunk off of their "health." Oh, right, and all those mooks you destroy tend to explode. Spectacularly.

But that's enough tactless blather, I for one am interested in what they could do. Zelda and Fire Emblem, Metroid and maybe Custom Robo (Perhaps a prequel related to Custom Robo for Gamecube's plot twist?) may make the most sense, but this is Koei and Nintendo. . . they can work out a lot of unexpected stuff.

After all, remember Dance Dance Revolution:Mario Mix?

I have a feeling Emblem Warriors will be a thing.Pokemon Warriors would be cool too.With Mewtwo and Infernape playable or I will kick a brick.

Sure hope so, the possibilities are quite endless.