What classes you want to return??

Light Master

I want Fighters, Barbarians, Brigands, Pirates, Corsairs, Axe Knights, and Axe Armors all to be in the game, and to serve distinctly different roles. They all should have unique promotions. Gibe Fire Axeblem pls.

I would like to see Prince/Princess and Master Knight return, but not if the game handles class changing like Awakening did. I don't think that Master Knights would work at all in a game with branching promotion and the ability to keep leveling ad infinitum. Basically anyone who could be a Master Knight would be a Master Knight, unless some major changes were made to the class. Even if Master Knight's stats were nerfed, having access to every physical weapon type, anima and light magic, and staff utility is a very valuable ability.

But if you turn MK into a special class because in genealogy you only get like 2 of them

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed many of the Awakening classes. Especially Dark Flier. I understand peoples' want to remove / nerf Galeforce, but I'd still want Dark Flier regardless. I just love the idea of magical flying unit.

And while I'm talking about the Pegasus Knight branch, I'd rather Falcon Knights return to swords and lances, rather than lances and staves.

I don't necessarily "want" the monk class to come back, but it would be nice to see a class that could use light magic. The bishop had the nice "slayer" skill in Sacred Stones. That'd be nice to return, if monsters are even returning to Fire Emblem.

I really, really want Dread Fighter and Bride to return. I don't know how they would even return and fit into the story line like that, but I'm sure they can figure it out.

I value class distinction more than class quantity. I want very distinct, meaningful decisions. The problem with branching classes is sometimes I feel they had to force classes like the Griffon Rider to exist just for the sake of having a branch, versus adding anything interesting to the game.

For instance, I've always had mixed feelings about the traditional Bishop, because as they were, putting light tomes aside they felt too similar to the Sage. I would like to see War Cleric/Monks them return.

Brigands, Pirates, and Fighters, have always been a bit of a wish-wash. They have their distinctions, like Pirates being able to cross water, and Fighters wearing armour of paper plates as opposed to tissue paper, but in terms of performance the distinction has been weak. Generally games have two of the three and this should continue to be the case, but I think their promotion options should be homogenized

It felt like they tried and failed to have four promotion options for the two fliers in Awakening. I would instead go with the Sacred Stones model of Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders having a shared promotion, for three options across the three.,. and instead just focusing on making those distinct and well-designed. No more Griffon Riders. I didn't like Dark Fliers because statistic spread dictates that a class that already had a tight statistic spread will be a bit of a wash when you now have to factor a competitive Mag stat into the equation.

Playable Soldier are a touchy subject. I like the design direction of having them as a Knight Lite, encouraging more aggressive play than you would get with a Knight. I think making them distinct will be easier if they have some class-locked skills again.

Lastly, Dread Fighters! I think they should branch off of Mercenaries, with emphasis on a strong attacking phase and good Res, but a much weaker defensive score than the Hero.

I value class distinction more than class quantity. I want very distinct, meaningful decisions. The problem with branching classes is sometimes I feel they had to force classes like the Griffon Rider to exist just for the sake of having a branch, versus adding anything interesting to the game.

For instance, I've always had mixed feelings about the traditional Bishop, because as they were, putting light tomes aside they felt too similar to the Sage. I would like to see War Cleric/Monks them return.

Brigands, Pirates, and Fighters, have always been a bit of a wish-wash. They have their distinctions, like Pirates being able to cross water, and Fighters wearing armour of paper plates as opposed to tissue paper, but in terms of performance the distinction has been weak. Generally games have two of the three and this should continue to be the case, but I think their promotion options should be homogenized

It felt like they tried and failed to have four promotion options for the two fliers in Awakening. I would instead go with the Sacred Stones model of Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders having a shared promotion, for three options across the three.,. and instead just focusing on making those distinct and well-designed. No more Griffon Riders. I didn't like Dark Fliers because statistic spread dictates that a class that already had a tight statistic spread will be a bit of a wash when you now have to factor a competitive Mag stat into the equation.

Playable Soldier are a touchy subject. I like the design direction of having them as a Knight Lite, encouraging more aggressive play than you would get with a Knight. I think making them distinct will be easier if they have some class-locked skills again.

Lastly, Dread Fighters! I think they should branch off of Mercenaries, with emphasis on a strong attacking phase and good Res, but a much weaker defensive score than the Hero.

I also think that variety is quite important.

For example I'd say that the bishop should return,but the sage should not be able to use staffs in that case(maybe he could be able to use light and dark magic too?).

I also think that differenciating among Pirates/brigands/fighters would be a good thing,the problem is that brigands and fighters are almost the same(pirates are rather rare anyway),maybe making the brigand faster and more offensive would be an option?I think their upgrades in games without branching upgrades are already rather distinct(brigands have the much more offensive berserker,while fighters have the warrior who is also able to wield bows).

Overall I'd like it if every class had one unique promotion and one non-unique.I mean overlapping promotions is understandable,but it always feels a bit meaningless if my mercenary for example can turn into a hero or a ranger,when other units are able to do exactly the same(awakening helps here a bit since the abilities of the previous class carry over,but these abilities are rarely worth in the end-game).Of course 2 unique promotions for everyone would be even better,but that will most likely not happen and would probably end with just a very small amount of base-classes.

Personally I don't really want branching classes or the ability to reclass.

While I did enjoy FE:A and it's class mechanic with the second seals,I prefered it when the class promoted to said class and that was that.I know many will disagree but hey.

Or they could do it like in FE:SS where they did have branching promotions but no reclassing.I really hate reclassing,I think it takes away what the character is meant to be.I know that sounds stupid but it makes sense to me.

Edited by Azz01

I'd like to see Pirates and either Ballisticians or the return of artillery for foot archers. Id also like Monks and Bishops if they bring back the Light-Dark-Anima Magic triangle.

The presence of the "Eastern" faction brings a lot of possibilities for new or modified classes too. I expect them to have stuff like myrmidons, "halberdiers," "bow knights," and pegasus units but everything else is a guessing game. They could have the Pirate class seeing how Japan (and East Asia in general) has a long history of Wokou piracy. They might have a naginata and light/magic/stave unit based on Sohei warrior monks. Maybe there could also be a heavily armored bow and naginata/katana class based on either Taisho (general) or their Hatamoto retainers/bodyguards?

classes (that weren't in fe13) I would most want to see return would be monk/bishop etc (mostly because it would mean a full magic triangle) and soldier/etc

honorable mention to nomad

I would say dark flier, but that was in fe13, so.

edit: finding a way to work in dread fighter in without making everything else look bad would make me very happy

most likely changing its skills, but buffing everything else would also be nice ヽ( ᐛ )ノ

How are Bishop and Sage closer to each other than say, Swordmaster and Berserker?

especially in games like FE13 (and so I assume 14) where they (can) have completely different skills

for example if Bishops got Slayer à la FE8, that alone would make them extremely different from Sages

pretty sure that the fact that you have magic on a flier is by itself a reason that dark fliers are A Good Class, even if their magic suffers for them being a mixed class

it is definitely one of the most "distinct" classes in the game, which I agree is something to be valued

and this is all before we factor in galeforce (or rally mov)

Edited by Euklyd

I want the Bride and Dread Fighter in it, along with an avatar unit who can reclass into everything, and the ability for the other units to reclass like in FE13. I also want all FE13's classes to return (maybe without Trickster, never liked it much.), along with a few new classes, like maybe a more samurai-esque variant of the Swordmaster, as I never understood why the Myrmidon could become an Assassin, as they didn't seem to mesh to me, but thief becoming one didn't make sense either to me.

most of awakening's classes are fine however irt was missing some things

hmm Personally Id like the Halbredier back giving us a dedicated promoted spear infantry again (definitely the ideal holder of a lance boosting skill)

additionally the return of light magic and associated classes such as bishop(sadly seems to not be the case from trailers:( ) would be an amazing thing...

I am also a proponent of Dark fliers returning as I loved the utility of a fly mage regardless of the broken skill... (really hybrid classes with weapons and magic are quite fun assuming they aren't statistically one sided)

I also would love for armors and mounted classes to get the diversity of the weapon triangle back as it made the choice of units against them far more relevant same for a return of the magic triangle the more complicated the weapon choices in combat the better... RD had the best combat system even if most of the other features were lackluster...

Hey! I'm new to the forums, just got so hyped with the new FE I had to make an account.

I actually made a little class tree illustrating some of my ideal choices for classes. I know most of these couldn't happen, but you can always dream, right?

First, I'd like a few things from previous FE games back.

Light magic, and dark magic as a standalone magic type. Daggers back as a weapon type (with throwing daggers included), and also crossbows becoming a separate weapon type from bows.

Split promotions are back, and so is LIMITED reclassing... I like it better when each character is limited to a few option, unlike FE11. Also, no genderlocking. Male peg knights! Female berserkers! Equality!

Also, I'd like some classes to fit the weapon-boosting skills ideal, that is, only be able to use that weapon type and being on foot. So I put in my class tree a new mage promotion, that uses only tomes and no staves for tomefaire, and halberdiers are back for lancefaire.

I'd like rogues back... so I made thieves be able to promote to rogues and tricksters, and made a new class that promotes to assassin and rogue... the difference is basically thieves can steal and use knives. the new class uses swords. Both can undo locks.

I'd like pirates to be back too, and to have a promotion exclusive to them, maybe getting a skill that allows them to walk over water? I'm thinking of the promotion getting crossbows and swords in addition to axes. Also, warriors get crossbows instead of bows.

As for the flying units... Peg knights get a choice of adding swords or staves upon promotion. Wyvern riders choose between adding spears or staying with axes only. New griffon rider tree, starts with swords, choose between anima and (cross)bows on promotion

As I said, Mages get a new promotion, and get to choose between getting staves or tomefaire.

Monks are back, and can promote to Bishop, or a new class that uses swords and light magic. Clerics/priests get to promote to Bishop or war cleric/monk

Troubadours get to choose between anima or light magic on promotion.

Dark magic users now have two starting classes!

Shaman and dark mage. Both get to promote to sorcerer, who gets anima magic. Shaman is able to promote to druid, who gets staves, and dark mage is able to promote to dark Knight, who gets swords and mounts.

Bards are back, and use crossbows to defend themselves. Dancers now use daggers.

And, that's basically it!

post-13722-0-88171800-1422212966_thumb.png

hmm reading through this I got an idea (more of a pipe dream) as to how tier 3 classes could fit have the second seals and the like as awakening but make a tier 3 class you can't reset (so once you promote there would be no going back)

Sorta feels like people want RD 2.0

I want Light Magic casters like Monks back. Idk about the return of the magic wheel; anima will have a lot of spells compared to the other 2 if the fire, wind, and thunder series are retained.

Also, I hope Pirates return. They were simply cooler and much more mobile Barbarians/Brigands.

Monks (with sister as a female equilivent) and Soldiers like most people, and I hope you actual get a character that STARTS as a Bandit this time we haven't had that since fe6 it's about freaking time

Well, I would like to see every class from every Fire Emblem return. (3rd tiers, soldiers/halberdiers, etc etc)

haha Excluding single charecter classes I'd love this too though I know it will not happen

Sorta feels like people want RD 2.0

I want Light Magic casters like Monks back. Idk about the return of the magic wheel; anima will have a lot of spells compared to the other 2 if the fire, wind, and thunder series are retained.

Also, I hope Pirates return. They were simply cooler and much more mobile Barbarians/Brigands.

They could keep the anima triangle to compensate so while anima would be more common they would have more to worry about...

(While their are elements I'd like to return from RD I wouldn't want a RD 2.0. I want the more complicated combat of RD (as in the magic triangle from the game, weight playing a significant role in weapons ect) the lack of supports/army jumping/annoying character held that game back...

Since we have an East and West, perhaps the Eastern faction will have their own versions of the FE classes we are familiar with. I mean, cavalier is a western term, the closest thing in the east would be a samurai. Ki denotes mounted samurai whereas kachi denotes samurai on foot. While I don't mind there being a stat difference between east and west, I'm very heavy on aesthetics. It just seems strange to call a samurai a knight.

If we have 3rd tiers I can see Ji-Samurai (lower class of samurai) ---> Samurai ---> Hatamoto (a samurai close enough to be a general's personal guard)

Ex:

Ah1EPsf.pngcpoC7D5.pngVhupg95.png

LAL0pV7.pngNloBLS9.pngRsvIhBF.png