Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

f45QtUL.jpg

Pokkén Tournament is a fighting game developed by Bandai Namco, the company responsible for Tekken. Pokkén is a hybrid of both Pokémon and Tekken, pitting two Pokémon against each other in a ring and having them duke it out until one of their HP reaches zero. The gameplay consists of two phrases: one where the two Pokémon can move around freely in the battlefield, and another where movement is more locked, akin to a more traditional fighting game. Despite the game being a fighting game, the playable Pokémon are, for the most part, not Fighting-type, and some of them aren't even bipedal. The playable Pokémon are, so far:

Machamp: SoC7WXd.png
Lucario: etTyi6T.png
Suicune: zmtAYQ1.png
Pikachu: fZCWOLf.png
Pikachu Libre: QmGO1JS.png
Gardevoir: uJiQk98.png
Gengar: IIR8j5e.png
Charizard: L7q3qrr.png
Weavile: uYwgOnv.png
Blaziken: DjxpmfX.png
Mewtwo: Zv1bRoN.png
Shadow Mewtwo: 9dj79ZB.png
Sceptile: Gq6MTBY.png
Braixen: AtbS1pD.png
Garchomp: kyB2tl4.png
Chandelure: 6lW4NWs.png

Darkrai*: ell9glm.jpg

Scizor*: gLcie99.jpg

Croagunk*: aveFBZc.jpg

Empoleon*: tj3EhoC.jpg
Decidueye**: OhMvVEx.jpg

* Arcade and Switch only
** Switch only

A mixture of fan-favourites and oddballs!
Note: With exceptions, I've listed the Pokémon in accordance to the order they were unveiled. The exceptions are to make the listing look more neat

There are also a bunch of Support Pokémon. I won't list them, but they can found here

Controller options are: Wii U Game Pad, Wii U Pro Controller, and the controller made for Pokkén Tournament: The Hori Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad. Images for this controller are below, in spoilers. You can pre-order it here

gMsiZHO.jpg

Q9fnHYJ.jpg

amiibo is planned for this game, however right now we've only seen one amiibo card: for Shadow Mewtwo
a9jrpJu.png
This will allow Shadow Mewtwo to be playable immediately rather than having to unlock him. All other amiibo can be used to gain money and clothing for your trainer

Finally, the game supports both online and local play--and this includes linking up two Wii Us via LAN cable. Competitive players rejoice!

Edited by DodgeDusk

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full Stream here

Time stamps:

17:20 – Lucario vs. Pikachu
28:45 – Pikachu vs. Gardevoir
33:55 – Machamp vs. Suicune
37:40 – Machamp vs. Gardevoir
44:35 – Pikachu vs. Suicune
53:30 – Lucario vs. Suicune
59:25 – Machamp vs. Suicune

1:04:50 – Lucario vs. Suicune

Edited by kingddd

Looks very much like Marvel vs. Capcom games with a third dimension to the battlefield. Looks like a lot of fun.

Super excited to see Gardevoir and Suicune on the roster. This is already looking like a great start.

Suicune looks sweet as hell. I hope the Wii U gets localized, otherwise I guess I'll just have to wait until I can hit up some arcades in Tokyo and save money for things aside from just playing UFOs over and over.

SUICUNE! :D That one is my favorite legendary after Keldeo!

But I still really want Keldeo himself as well as Infernape. I mean, all Fighting types should be playable in this anyway.

Eyy, what's a Pokemon game without Pikachu?

dat Suicune tho

I get the feeling that this game's going to be ported over to the Wii U for international releases.

Blaziken is in the game too. It was shown in the very first screens of the game. It showed Blaziken vs Lucario.

This is another reason I really want Infernape. If one Fire/Fighting starter can be in, there's no reason not to include the others.

Similarly, if Gardevoir is playable, then Gallade should be as well.

Edited by Anacybele

This is another reason I really want Infernape. If one Fire/Fighting starter can be in, there's no reason not to include the others.

Yes,Infernape would be awesome.

Now that there's a four legged Pokemon in this game,I think the chances of having Keldeo or Mightyena are bigger.

Blaziken is in the game too. It was shown in the very first screens of the game. It showed Blaziken vs Lucario.

Similarly, if Gardevoir is playable, then Gallade should be as well.

Oh, I must have missed that. I only remember Lucario and Machamp.

Cool!

Meh, Pikachu. It really has to be everywhere.

I'd rather they included only Pokémon that can stand on two feet, and preferably only Fighting-types, so it would feel more like a fighting game instead of a Pokémon battle.

If Pikachu is in, I guess they'll find a way to include Charizard in it, too.

Yeah, and all the other popular Pokemon I hate. >_>

I've a feeling I might decide not to get the game because no Pokemon I really like are in it (aside from Suicune, but one Pokemon isn't enough).

I've a feeling I might decide not to get the game because no Pokemon I really like are in it (aside from Suicune, but one Pokemon isn't enough).

I've got two/one and a half (I'm sorta indifferent to Lucario) but I'm still going to buy it and play Suicune all the time.It doesn't matter to me if I like the entire cast or only one,I'm still going to buy a Pokemon game.

Well, I'm not THAT huge a Pokemon fan. I'm really only into the main games and occasionally a spinoff. I'm not interested in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Conquest or any of those games. I liked Pokemon Snap, the Stadium games, Battle Revolution, and the Pokepark games though.

I used to like Lucario a lot, but for some reason he's not that cool to me anymore. I dunno why.

Edited by Anacybele