Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

Speaking of Pokken online, I started to notice a lot people spamming moves.

For example, I've ran into at least seven different Chandelure players who did nothing but spam the beam move, and almost every Lucario I faced spammed ranged attacks.

That is not say using the same move a lot times is bad.

I'm a Gardevoir player, and I tend to use Magical Leaf a lot in Duel Phase, but that's usually to pressure my opponet.

Using nothing but the same move all the time is simply ridiculous.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow this sounds super frustrating, :/

Yeah, it sucks.

Speaking of Pokken online, I started to notice a lot people spamming moves.

For example, I've ran into at least seven different Chandelure players who did nothing but spam the beam move, and almost every Lucario I faced spammed ranged attacks.

That is not say using the same move a lot times is bad.

I'm a Gardevoir player, and I tend to use Magical Leaf a lot in Duel Phase, but that's usually to pressure my opponet.

Using nothing but the same move all the time is simply ridiculous.

I do wish Lucario's projectiles had a bit less priority. Field Phase is always a pain with them. I don't play Gardevoir so I'm not sure what your options are, but for Braixen at least I can beat them at mid-range.

As for Chandelure:

Yeah, it sucks.

I do wish Lucario's projectiles had a bit less priority. Field Phase is always a pain with them. I don't play Gardevoir so I'm not sure what your options are, but for Braixen at least I can beat them at mid-range.

As for Chandelure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1xRnCkXwaw

Actually, I believe Gardevoir's projectiles have priority over Lucario's, but they spam it so much, it's priority matters little.

And about that Chandulere video, I can see what they mean.

The beam move sucks if you use the street fighter approach... focus attack, dash forward for any other projectiles then jump the beam.

Pikachu can counter that crap with a thunder outright.

For this reason, I don't see that many spamming Chandelures in the D bracket.

What are your people's ranks in ranked here?

Edited by shadowofchaos

In my experience they usually fire off some small homing-ish projectiles before the beam, ensuring that you can't counter absorb it all.

Not saying it's impossible to get around, it just takes a bit more than simply countering.

It is pretty free for Pikachu though, yeah, haha

In that case, after the 4th small projectile, cancel the counter with a dash to the side.

I might have a video somewhere that shows me pretty much shutting down a spammy one. I'll see when I get home. Or tomorrow.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm E rank still, maybe that's why I run into a lot of spammers?

And yeah, Pikachu's Thunder is pretty great.

I usually deal with spammy Chandelures by using Magical Leaf.

And I've experinced Shadow Mewtwo's projectile hell, but not by much, probably because the Shadow Mewtwos I run into are usually beginners, people with 0 fights and 0 wins, so I haven't fought with many good Shadow Meatwo players.

Edited by Water Mage

Wow, a lot of children are playing this game? I'm really surprised to hear that. Well, not THAT surprised since Pokemon IS geared toward children. But I expected a little more of an even ratio between the number of kids and number of adults playing. This game's mechanics seem really complicated and like only adults would really understand them.

They complained about "overwhelming mechanics"? Seriously?

It's actually pretty simple.

Makes me wonder if IGN will ever review a fighting game like Guilty Gear and Blazblue...What would they say about them?

And when I was speaking about children, I wasn't talking about them being bad players.

I was talking about them being sore losers.

I was responding to Ana with that comment. I agree that a good chunk are definitely sore losers that would D/C.

...IGN sucks with fighting games, essentially.

Pokken is ridiculously dumbed down in complexity of inputs and execution. But surprisingly deep when it comes to the strategic aspect of the genre. I've even seen an article somewhere where pro fighting game players comments that it's deeper than they expected.

I see...

And yeah, Pokken is actually pretty deep when it comes to strategy.

Maybe it's because all of the fighters feel very different from each other, and play very differently as well. There are no similar characters in Pokken to begin with. Though I really don't mind clones.

There's also the fact there huge variety of supports.

We can't also forget that this game has a "weapon triangle" of sorts.

Edited by Water Mage

• 2 weeks later...

I almost want to get destroyed.

What's your win ratio?

69%

I was 80% until D rank, then dropped horribly to 58% as I approached B rank, and started to rise again until now. It's really hard when you only get +00,02% per win, though.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Thank goodness. I couldn't stand that infinite combo, or Miracle Eye in general. >.<

Now watch as people learn to spam with Gardevoir and Suicune

P.S. lewd Rey, commenting "sexy" to that "69"... Heh heh.

And if that "I want to get destroyed" was an offer, I'd gladly accept your challenge.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

69%

I was 80% until D rank, then dropped horribly to 58% as I approached B rank, and started to rise again until now. It's really hard when you only get +00,02% per win, though.

Seeing your win rank fall like that is the worst thing about the online here

Seeing your win rank fall like that is the worst thing about the online here

I think there's nothing wrong with that. The higher you go, the stronger your foes become.

It's meritocracy.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• 2 weeks later...

It did way too much damage before on easy punishes (landing from a jump), coupled with the attack debuff it was too good to not use (besides Fennekin).

The nerf was a damage nerf. It's a lot more reasonable now.