Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

As I much as I wanted Empoleon, I actually don't mind Croagunk at all.

It's nice to have another Poison type, since Gengar didn't have any Poison attacks, despite being a Poison type.

More unevolved and small Pokemon are also nice.

And Croagunk does looks very interesting.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Those are feathers. Look at pictures of real penguins, it's actually pretty accurate.

Yeah, I just recently remembered that penguins have feathers so small and smooth that it looks like fur. Dumb moment on my part, because it was something I knew.

But what really suprised was actually the fact that it has feathers at all. I always thought that Empoleon's flippers were made of steel.

Then again, those Empoleon's feathers could be like Skarmory's feathers which are made of steel.

Edited by Water Mage

Wow, dat entrance. :o

Um, Swampert didn't get "robbed" though. :/ Blaziken and Sceptile are already in the game too while gen 4 had no starters. It wouldn't have been fair at all to include all three of Hoenn's starters and none from another gen.

• 5 months later...

Nightmare has given me permission to revive the thread.

Pokkén Tournament DX got announced for the Nintendo Switch. It releases worldwide on the 22nd September, 2017, and features:

• All the original fighters, plus the arcade Pokémon, plus a brand new fighter: Decidueye. From the get-go!
  • Litten and Popplio as new Support Pokémon. Also available from the start.
  • A new mode, in which you choose three Pokémon and fight to knock out the opponent's three Pokémon.
  • Daily challenges.
  • Battle replays.
  • A local 2-player mode that has fights play out in a tabletop perspective.

Nintendo have also announced that their E3 2017 presence will feature a Pokkén Tournament DX tournament, alongside their Splatoon 2 and ARMS tournaments.

What sank the Wii U version besides a lack of support, exactly? Because as cool as it is, unless they support the game with more than a couple patches I could see DX sharing its fate.

It released on a virtually-dead platform with very little official support. I think it sold decently well, but the numbers aren't fantastic. From a competitive aspect, not many people got into it, and people in general didn't find the game enjoyable to watch.

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

It released on a virtually-dead platform with very little official support. I think it sold decently well, but the numbers aren't fantastic. From a competitive aspect, not many people got into it, and people in general didn't find the game enjoyable to watch.

You had the hype from competitive SF players talking about the depth it has, but sadly it went nowhere.
Hopefully it succeeds on the Switch.