Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

Yeah, and all the other popular Pokemon I hate. >_>

I've a feeling I might decide not to get the game because no Pokemon I really like are in it (aside from Suicune, but one Pokemon isn't enough).

Remember there's no indication that the game is going to be ported to the Wii U. So far it's an Arcade game for Japan. Edited by Quintessence

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember there's no indication that the game is going to be ported to the Wii U. So far it's an Arcade game for Japan.

The game was shown internationally at E3 though, if I recall right. We're going to get it. Also, Nintendo would be complete idiots not to localize this game.

Edited by Anacybele

Remember there's no indication that the game is going to be ported to the Wii U. So far it's an Arcade game for Japan.

Tekken games always start off as Arcade games and get ported to consoles afterwards.

Pokken is basically a Pokemon Tekken. We're getting this game at some point.

Tekken games always start off as Arcade games and get ported to consoles afterwards.

yes yes I know people should know more about videogame history :P:

Funny enough it'll be the first Tekken I'll be playing.

The third set of Support Pokemon has been revealed. Along with Snivy/Lapras and Emolga/Fennekin, Frogadier/Eevee join Pokken Tournament.

Frogadier uses Water Pulse, launching rings of water at long distance.

Eevee uses Helping Hand which increases the Pokemon's attack for a limited time and heals it a bit.

Rip Greninja hopes :(

Source: http://serebii.net/pokken/support.shtml

Double posting is cool and fun so wynaut.

Some minor stuff to add:

~ new stage: an aquarium where you see watee pokemon and, eventually, Lugia makes its appearance.

lugiastage.jpg

~ new costumes for the playable pokemon.

~ Red Lucario

redlucario.jpg

~ White Suicune

whitesuicune.jpg

~ Red Gardevoir

redgardevoir.jpg

They say Pikachu gets some blue pants and there's another stage that looks like a Colosseum/fighting rings.

Source: Serebii

The location tests for Pokkén Tournament have begun in Japan and have revealed a few more minor details. In addition to the two stages that we know about, as well as the colosseum/fighting ring stages in the promotional pamphlet, a fourth new stage was revealed during the location test thanks to Twitter user revolvermario. This stage appears to be set in a dome in an aquarium and features a load of Water-type Pokémon, as well as the Legendary Pokémon, Lugia. We'll bring more details from the location tests as they come

Edit @ 11:31: Alternate colours/costumes have also been spotted including a Pikachu wearing blue shorts and a red Lucario.

Edit @ 12:19: Other colourations have also been confirmed. Red Gardevoir and White Suicune both are alternate colours that are used within this game

Nothing for Machump Edited by Quintessence

• 2 weeks later...

This is relevant:

During the location test at JAEXPO today, it was revealed that Pokkén Tournament is set to be released in arcades in Japan in the Summer of 2015. With this news, 8 new direct-feed screenshots for the game have been revealed.

Source: serebii

• 2 months later...

Gengar? Really? That honestly doesn't make much sense to me. It's a Ghost type, which theoretically, most of the Pokemon in this game should not be able to deal damage to. I mean, immune to Normal and Fighting type moves and all... And surely this game will be majorly Fighting type Pokemon who use Fighting type moves.

Gengar? Really? That honestly doesn't make much sense to me. It's a Ghost type, which theoretically, most of the Pokemon in this game should not be able to deal damage to. I mean, immune to Normal and Fighting type moves and all... And surely this game will be majorly Fighting type Pokemon who use Fighting type moves.

It's possible for the folks making Pokken Tournament to be taking notes from Pokemon: Type Wild -- a fanmade Pokemon MUGEN -- playable cast includes Blaziken, Combusken, Breloom, Lopunny, Gardevoir, Gengar, Snorlax, Swalot and Lucario.

Edited by Roflolxp54

This is a fangame? I thought it was official. o.O

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about that Pokemon Type Wild thing. My bad. Brain fart there...

Edited by Anacybele

Pokemon: Type Wild is pretty well-made for a fanmade Pokemon 2D fighting game, especially since a former animator of the Pokemon anime series made the game. Could be something to look into if you're feeling a bit impatient for Pokken Tournament.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I guess they'll just leave out elemental weaknesses,because that would screw over the balance and would limit the variability of the pokemon.

I guess they'll just leave out elemental weaknesses,because that would screw over the balance and would limit the variability of the pokemon.

Gamefreak does this enough in the meta as is though :P. But I digress and agree. Gengar will just probably have more evasive techniques though to show its a ghost

• 1 month later...

I completely missed the Pokkén Tournament stream that happened today. If I've missed anything, I do apologise. My source is Serebii

So, two new playable Pokémon have been revealed: Charizard and Weavile. I don't think their renders have come out yet, so I can't post them separately. Weavile looks really fun, in my opinion

Also, Jirachi and Whimsicott are confirmed to be Support Pokémon

I really hope this game gets a worldwide release on the Wii U now.Weavile's one of my favourite Pokemon.

And Charizard.The one we were all waiting for.Great.Why not something like Blastoise?They need love,too.

Need a water starter? Why not Empoleon? He's the best one.

Empoleon? I believe you've misspelled Feraligator.

It's been a long time since the main line pokemon games have interested me, but I still have a soft spot for the series. Plus I've been wanting to get into fighting games for while, so this game is looking perfect for me.With those last two reveals I'm seriously hyped for this game. Both Charizard, and Weavile look super fun.

Here's hoping Scizor makes his way into the game.

Edited by Honey Bunny