Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

To the surprise of no one, Blaziken is confirmed to be playable. For those who don't remember, Blazkien and Lucario were the first Pokémon to be shown during the 2013 trailer. Famitsu says he's only available throughout August...? I don't think I understand that

I forgot to mention it when I updated this thread two weeks ago, but the arcade release for this game in Japan is the 17th of this month

EDIT:

[spoiler=Full page]MuEaQAO.jpg

Edited by DodgeDusk

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I had a feeling,since it's been trademarked in North America and Europe.

The new Pikachu just seems useless to me.They could've made it an atl for Pikachu.Oh well,we can't change that.

Are they going to announce any actually cool Pokemon for this other than Suicune...? Well, cool to me, that is... I won't get it if there are almost no Pokemon I want to play as...

Pikachu Libre? I'm all for odd choices, but one pokemon getting two slots is just silly. Actually, they didn't really show Libre gameplay did they? This could end up being an alt with a lot of work thrown into it.

Please let that be the case.

EDIT: I'm glad to hear it's coming to Wii U. The game looks pretty cool, and it's great to hear it's coming stateside.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Pikachu Libre? I'm all for odd choices, but one pokemon getting two slots is just silly. Actually, they didn't really show Libre gameplay did they? This could end up being an alt with a lot of work thrown into it.

Please let that be the case.

Fighters usually have stuff like this, I'm not really surprised!

Are they going to announce any actually cool Pokemon for this other than Suicune...? Well, cool to me, that is... I won't get it if there are almost no Pokemon I want to play as...

Hey Ana, that just means you can main Suicune and not worry about learning other mons. Thinking of it that way, you could be a Suicune master!

For those that missed the Pokken Tournament Invitational

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTkOX_tixkw

After having watched this I've realized that Machamp looks disgusting. His four arm setup is gross looking, like he's some messed up fusion from Steven Universe. Which is a shame because he looks like a blast to play, and I'm always a sucker for those smug types.

On a different note I'm now convinced that Chesnaught is perfect for Pokken. All the characters there seemed aggressive, with only Suicune being sort of defensive. Chesnaught would be a great choice for a heavily defensive character, and get some grass representation into the game.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Hey Ana, that just means you can main Suicune and not worry about learning other mons. Thinking of it that way, you could be a Suicune master!

Yeah, but I don't want to play the same Pokemon over and over again. Why do you think I swap between Ike and Luigi and my secondaries in Smash so much? :P I just get bored after awhile even when using my favorite characters in games like these. Pokken Tournament needs Infernape or Keldeo or Sylveon or other awesome Pokemon like that. <3 I'd especially love Keldeo!

Edited by Anacybele

I'll probably get this, though I'm a little disappointed with parts of the roster (I'm so sick of Charizard).

It's cool that some weirder choices like Suicune got in though!

Well considering Charizard is still the most popular starter lol, it was pretty much guaranteed, I myself am surprised at the lack of ANY Hitmons or Mewtwo.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't want the Hitmons in. There's nothing I can really see them adding to the game other than, "Hey! It's HitmonX!" My favorite pokemon, Sableye, would be cool to see in the game, but I don't see how it can do anything that Gengar doesn't already do. So, I'm not really hoping for them. Does that make sense?

You know what pokemon could add something to the game? Dunsparce.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't want the Hitmons in. There's nothing I can really see them adding to the game other than, "Hey! It's HitmonX!" My favorite pokemon, Sableye, would be cool to see in the game, but I don't see how it can do anything that Gengar doesn't already do. So, I'm not really hoping for them. Does that make sense?

Makes sense, but I'm still disappointed. I was almost expecting Hitmonlee to come in with some Chun Li like moves lol. I know this is Namco (with Ninty's permission) and not Capcom, but i'm sure they'd do a subtle nod like that.

Edited by Jedi

I'm kind of disappointed about Pikachu Libre, as it's presence likely means we won't get Hawlucha. The other Pokemon I would like to see in the game are the Hitmons, Mewtwo, Greninja and/or Sceptile, and Jigglypuff as a joke character.

Maybe the Pokemon amiibo do something for Pokken!