Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, that hint eliminates all the Pokemon I wanted most (Rapidash, Infernape, Lopunny, Keldeo). :(

There are still some Pokemon on that list that I do like though. I'm hoping for Sylveon or Luxray. Btw, they're quadrupeds too, Water Mage.

Edited by Anacybele

Also the roster has expanded again.

8v4X9mB.jpg

Total of 20 Pokemon in the game. Shadow Mewtwo isn't in that image so we've got another 9 unknown Pokemon to go.

Gonna go for #TeamBear represent. Ursaring, Beartic or Pangoro.

I hope they add at least a pokemon from each type,

we already have:

2 electric

1 water

1 ice

1 dark

1 psychic

1 fairy

2 fire

1 flying

3 fighting

1 ghost

1 poison

1 steel

We're missing Grass, Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground and Normal.

I hope they add at least a pokemon from each type,

we already have:

2 electric

1 water

1 ice

1 dark

1 psychic

1 fairy

2 fire

1 flying

3 fighting

1 ghost

1 poison

1 steel

We're missing Grass, Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground and Normal.

I'd imagine the bug would be Heracross, and dragon would be Garchomp, I'm just holding out for more water and ice types.

Also Jiggly is coming, since it already has the amiibo (hopefully)

Edited by Mikethfc

And Sceptile has officially been revealed!

If that last move was Frenzy Plant, then Sceptile just ended that poor guy's life. That was brutal

Also, Farfetch'd and Electrode are both Support Pokémon

Finally a grass type!

Sceptile's fighting style seems pretty brutal, then again Sceptile is a master of jungle combat, acording to the pokedex.

Also, they say grass type pokemon are usually the most gentle ones, but Sceptile is proving this to be wrong...very, very wrong.

Well, it's someone I'd play as, at least.

Still, I find it unfair that gen 3 now has two starters in this game and 3 reps overall and gen 1 has several reps while gens 2 and 4-6 have no starters and 5 and 6 have no reps at all. And both have fitting Pokemon for the game. Musketeer quartet, Mienshao, Delphox, Greninja (as much as I don't like this one), etc. A Pokemon fightinh game should have Pokemon from all generations.

Edited by Anacybele

I have to agree, the overall skewed roster is kinda irksome, although at the same time I do think its a solid group.

But theres more slots to fill, so we'll see how they do from here.

Edited by Jedi

To be fair, it's likely that Sceptile's inclusion was decided by his popularity, rather than his generation.

As far as grass types go, Sceptile was the most popular pick for Pokken, although Breloom was also a popular request.

In fact, most Pokemon in Pokken seem to be popular Pokemon of their type, with the possible exception of Machamp.

I mean, Machamp is popular fighting type, but his popularity is very small compared to other fighting Pokemon like Blaziken and Lucario.

Following this train of thought, I would guess that the Water starter will be either Greninja, Samurott or Empoleon, since their evolutionary lines are the most popular of the Water starters.

Edited by Water Mage

That's true too, and that's another reason I'm mostly dissatisfied with this roster, because I dislike a lot of popular Pokemon. And I love a lot of unpopular Pokemon. I always hated that and I only have myself to blame here...

Yeah, I'm glad to see a Grass type in there as well, even if I would've preferred Meganium myself.

So, gen 5 and 6 reps. I'd say these:

Gen 5: Mienshao, Keldeo, Samurott (I like Serperior more, but it's a snake... I don't see how it'd work well in a fighting game)

Gen 6: Sylveon, Delphox, and I guess Greninja

Gen 2 has only one rep so far, so I say add Scizor and Meganium for that one.

Gen 4 could probably use at least one more rep as well, and obviously, my choices there are Infernape and Lopunny.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I'm glad to see a Grass type in there as well, even if I would've preferred Meganium myself.

So, gen 5 and 6 reps. I'd say these:

Gen 5: Mienshao, Keldeo, Samurott (I like Serperior more, but it's a snake... I don't see how it'd work well in a fighting game)

Gen 6: Sylveon, Delphox, and I guess Greninja

Gen 2 has only one rep so far, so I say add Scizor and Meganium for that one.

Gen 4 could probably use at least one more rep as well, and obviously, my choices there are Infernape and Lopunny.

As much as cool as Infernape is, we already 2 two Fire Starters, one them being also Fire/Fighting.

Actually, despite being a game about fighting, I'd rather not have anymore fighting types, we already have 3, and with so many different Pokemon out there, it seems to be waste to fill the rooster with mostly humanoids fighting types.

It would be cool to have more quadrupeds like Suicune, smaller Pokemon like Pikachu and Weavile or humanoids that aren't tough-looking fighting types like Gardevoir and Gengar.

I really apologize for ranting, really I'm sorry, but this rooster have the pontential to be so unique that, like I said before, it would be a waste to have mostly fighting types.

It's a fighting game, so I expect more Fighting types than other types. And I don't care that Infernape is Fire/Fighting, personally. And besides, if the developers are okay with two Hoenn starters, two Fire/Fighting Pokemon shouldn't be a big deal. I do think there should be diverse typings as well as each generation represented, so I would pick Lopunny before Infernape.

Edited by Anacybele