Biweekly Battle Sprite Showdown, ~'Cause we're Artists! Don't need no Reasons~ (9/9: suggestions?) ideas and discussion thread.

ErrantDShepherd

Battle Sprite Compy poll  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Battle Sprites? (please make sure to add exclamation points)

• YES! They are fun... and stuff!
    • NO! (why am I even in this thread?)
    • MAYBE!? I dunno... if they look good, I guess.
    • Purple Monkey Dishwasher...
    • Definitely Maybe?
    • STILL NO! (Seriously, why are you even in this thread?)
    • ...SPOOOOOOOOON!
    • Other. (Please elaborate in post)
  2. 2. What Topic/Themes would you like to see? (choose as many as you like)

• Avatar Adventures! Sprite your avatar.
    • Man/Woman in the Mirror! Sprite Yourself! (proof optional)
    • The Monster Mash! Sprite a Monster!
    • The Great Gender Swap! Sprite a pre-existing character/class as the opposite gender!
    • Baby Blues... Make a child/offspring of two pre-existing characters! (Can be same gender, can be different species, BonewalkerxLyn for the win?)
    • The Reclassifieds... sprite a pre-existing character in a new class.
    • Shades of the Past! Sprite a pre-GBA Fire Emblem character/class/creature...(Includes DS designs, FE 1/2/3/4/5/11/12)
    • Shades of Tellius! Sprite a GC/Wii era Fire Emblem character/class/creature. (FE 9/10, PoR/RD)
    • Shade of the Future! Sprite a 3DS era character/class/creature. (FE 13/14, Awakening/FEif)
    • Heroes reimagined! Sprite a GBA era character/class/creature in a new way/design. (FE 6/7/8)
    • Crossover Chaos! Sprite a pre-existing video game character in Fire Emblem style.
    • Movie Madness! Sprite based on a Movie.
    • Book Club! Sprite based on a Book.
    • The OC... sprite an original character!
    • Other. (Please elaborate in thread)
    • The Animated Challenge... Every few contests, an animation based week.
    • FRANKENSTEIN... Make the best sprite you can incorporating multiple bases.
    • Pimp My Mount! Make the best/coolest/craziest mount you can sprite/design.
    • Welcome to the Jungle! Animal spriting competition, no humans allowed.
    • Modern Day Mayhem! Sprite a pre-existing FE character or class in more modern day equivalent/design. Either Military or Civilian accepted.
  3. 3. What Format for Voting? (choose one)

• 1 single vote... Screw Divisions/Categories!
    • Best Custom, Splice/Edit, Overall. 1 vote each.
    • Best Custom, Splice/Edit: 1 vote each. Best Overall: multiple votes.
    • Best Custom, Splice/Edit, Overall. All multi-votes. Tiebreaker, single vote if needed.
    • Best Custom, Splice/Edit:1 vote each. Third Category: "Pick which ones you like!" multi-vote. Best Overall=most votes total.
    • Best in theme: single vote. Pick which ones you like: multi-vote.
    • 3 votes... 1st place choice, 2nd place choice, 3rd place choice. Votes weighted.
    • I really don't care about the voting format.
    • Other. (Please elaborate in thread)

I'm gonna consider the matter closed since all parties appear to have moved on. Rules have been tweaked to make sure there is no confusion about this in the future.

---

In more relevant news, Voting is up for Round 2! Go vote! :D

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, this is the ideas thread after all. So any and all ideas about themes, contest format, rules and whatever else will be taken into consideration here!

...underwater theme eh? Not bad... Has some potential!

• 3 weeks later...

Is that a Pokemon? >.>

Anyways, deadline for round 3 is midnight PST! (Unless we extend again, which is also fine XD)

So... Get those entries in! Or... Ask me for an extension if you need a.bit more time! ;p

Edit: Deadline extended to Tuesday 11:59pm PST. :)

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Also thanks for the extension~ ^^

Any further questions or concerns can be PMed to the current host!(That's me Errant, currently) ...or posted either in the feedback thread or within this thread itself.

Since there's been rule contention about a specific entry in 2 out of 2 rounds, maybe this could be reworded so:

- people don't use the rules as a reason to attack someone's entry

- people don't spend two pages giving rule interpretation before the host is able to step in and clarify the rules / settle the case, and then give another half page of settlement

?

At least taking out the 'within this thread itself' seems like a good idea, given that the back-and-forth isn't something worth burying others' entries for (and at the core this is confusion due to a particular rule and the discussion should be in this thread instead). I feel like the 'let hosts host' rule is somewhere in the forum too, just don't know where.

@ Lenh

Yeah... the within the thread itself should be changed. Will do that when I get a sec. Good suggestions.

@ Klok

Thanks. Good thread I think people either don't read or just straight up forget about.

@ Alpha

Cool bud! Looking forward to your entry! :D

@ Ana

Oh yeah... Makes me wonder what a Pokemon theme would look like. Could be fun. :)

@ Ana

Oh yeah... Makes me wonder what a Pokemon theme would look like. Could be fun. :)

I agree! Though, I might sit out because I just did a Pokemon for this contest. lol I just don't feel like doing another Pokemon sprite anytime soon. If the Pokemon theme shows up in the more distant future though, I'll probably enter. :P

I just had a really good bad good bad idea idea and would like to suggest "music" as a theme.

I like this idea for its animation potential. Maybe if I learn how to animate the moonwalk I'll be able to translate that knowledge into real life..................

Hm, for a music theme, I could sprite one of my two Awakening OCs. Ralph is a singer. :P Of course, in order for one to be able to tell that he sings, I'll have to try giving him an open mouth and throwing a musical note or two in there.

• 2 weeks later...

May as well make this announcement here as well. Figure this is a relevant new post.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Lt. smirks has agreed to take over as host of the BBSS comp, as I am crazy busy with papers and finals in the coming weeks.

I asked Smirks to take over due to his clear enjoyment and enthusiasm towards the contest/competitions in general. He has also been in the winners and runners up threads for this particular comp a number of times so has a good sense of how to go about it.

Please give him your support, I know he will be an awesome host and will do his best to keep this great comp running smoothly! :D

(Unsure at the moment if this means we'll just set up a new entry thread so Smirks can edit it freely as the new host.)

• 4 months later...

*blows off the dust*

*cough* *cough*

...well, BBSS is back baby! :D

Toa is our current host, check out the latest voting thread and give those entries some love. Above all, enjoy and have fun. ;)

Btw, any suggestions for a new poll... Or theme suggestions are all very much appreciated. Will try to compile the ones not listed already when I get a chance. :D

Also... In case you were not aware... You can look back at old Biweekly Battle Sprite Showdown threads by clicking or searching the BBSS tag. ;)

the more you know...

...also,let's talk about the competition and voting threads so far, what do you think has worked? What has not worked? What have you liked/disliked... What have been pros and cons you have seen so far? :o

...would be super interested in hearing it. :D