Best of the Lords' "Personal" Legendary Weapons?

Magical Glace

Weapons  

97 members have voted

1. 1. ...So?

• Marth's Falchion
    • Alm's Falchion
    • Sigurd and Seliph's Tyrfing
    • Roy's Binding Blade
    • Eliwood's Durandal
    • Hector's Armads
    • Lyn's Sol Katti
    • Eirika's Sieglinde
    • Ephraim's Siegmund
    • Ike's Ragnell
    • Chrom's and Lucina's Falchion
    • One I forgot (post it!)
    • Chrom's Exalted Falchion

So basically what the title says. What "personal" regalia is your favorite?

Personally, mine is a tie between The Binding Blade (for awesome fire effects and crazy stats, on top of being practically the only thing helping poor Roy's lategame) and Ragnell (for the link w/ Alondite and lolstomping the latter half of FE10 being highly amusing), with a bit of preference for the former because of Roy and FE6 bias.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armads is good because it is a legendary weapon that A LORD IN THAT GAME CAN USE WITHOUT SLUGGISHNESS, though Sigmund was the name of my old partner-in-crime. Falchion is probably my favorite, though, because I like Marthy~

I think the one you forgot is Micaiah's Thani tome.

Actually, it's talking about LEGENDARY weapons (e.g. Ragnell). And I don't remember anything stating that tome as legendary.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Ragnell, for one reason.

It's the only one of these weapons that possesses a ranged attack. Which means Ike outranges everybody by a longshot. lol

Ragnell is my favorite as well, such a badass and pretty design!

Hard to say... Sigurd/Seliph with that 30 power Tyrfing, or Roy's Sealed Sword with that +5 def/res and 2 range... Honorable mention goes to Ragnell though.

EDIT: Meh, factoring in Ragnell's availability in FE10, it takes the cake.

Edited by Monado Boy

Ragnell, for one reason.

It's the only one of these weapons that possesses a ranged attack. Which means Ike outranges everybody by a longshot. lol

You've not played the JP titles so I won't hold it against you, but Roy's Sword of Seals/Binding Blade also has 1-2 Range... and also gives +5 Def (along with +5 Res). It's functionally identical to the Ragnell, except without the infinite durability.

As for my vote... well I love me some Tryfing, both statistically and plot wise. 30 Mt, +10 Spd, +10 Skl, +20 Res is like the sexiest fucking thing in the universe. The events surrounding the acquisition of the weapon are amazing in both generations. In Gen 1, Sigurd received it as his father's dying wish to clear the Chalphy name. I love how Langobart acknowledge Sigurd's rapery when he's all "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TROUBLE WE'LL BE IN IF SIGURD GETS THAT DAMN WEAPON?!". In Gen 2, it's was Alvis's parting gift to Seliph, albeit in a very indirect way. Rescuing Palmark, acquiring Tryfing and using it to beat the big bad of the first generation all while reclaiming Chalphy. So Seliph pretty much used his dad's sword to reclaim his father's homeland. I love FE4~

Yeah, Tyrfing all the way.

Shoutouts to FE1 Falchion for making Marth literally invincible to all non-dragons, lol.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Falchion in the NES game sounds pretty awesome. Effective against Manaketes and grants Mantle when faced off against anyone who isn't a Manakete? Yes please.

Then there's Tyrfing, my thoughts for which are summed up as follows:

30 Mt, +10 Spd, +10 Skl, +20 Res is like the sexiest fucking thing in the universe. The events surrounding the acquisition of the weapon are amazing in both generations. In Gen 1, Sigurd received it as his father's dying wish to clear the Chalphy name. I love how Langobart acknowledge Sigurd's rapery when he's all "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TROUBLE WE'LL BE IN IF SIGURD GETS THAT DAMN WEAPON?!". In Gen 2, it's was Alvis's parting gift to Seliph, albeit in a very indirect way. Rescuing Palmark, acquiring Tryfing and using it to beat the big bad of the first generation all while reclaiming Chalphy. So Seliph pretty much used his dad's sword to reclaim his father's homeland.

Not to mention, it grants Miracle.

And then there's Ragnell. Which basically makes Ike a tank, and is also the only weapon Ike'll ever need once he gets it.

And lastly, The Binding Blade. Effective against Manaketes, +5 Def & Res, 1-2 Range, and it's possibly the most empathetic weapon in the franchise with what it does to the final boss.

You've not played the JP titles so I won't hold it against you, but Roy's Sword of Seals/Binding Blade also has 1-2 Range... and also gives +5 Def (along with +5 Res). It's functionally identical to the Ragnell, except without the infinite durability.

Really? It's true that I've not played any Japanese FE games, but I've seen clips of Roy attacking with that sword in FE6 and I don't recall any of them being from 2 range... Either I forgot or ranged attacks just weren't being shown.

Ragnell, for one reason.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Binding Blade can do that too... and rip poor Idoun and Chapter 24 to shreds.

Really? It's true that I've not played any Japanese FE games, but I've seen clips of Roy attacking with that sword in FE6 and I don't recall any of them being from 2 range... Either I forgot or ranged attacks just weren't being shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl1biRWu6Es

Fast-forward to 4:42, and you'll be able to see The Binding Blade's 2-range ability at work.

Edited by Just call me AL

They call it Roy's boomstick for a reason :P:

Shoutouts to Ragnell though. Oh and OP mispelled Lyn's weapon. It's "Lol Katti" not "Sol Katti" :Kappa:

Edit: Al Ninja'd me.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Why is Chrom's Exalted Falchion so lame? It rips Grima to shreds but it's just a glorified silver sword otherwise. It only has 3 more Mt than Lucina's weapon but Lucina has hers for like half the game. :facepalm:

Leaf doesnt get a personal legendary wep what the hell

Not taking the specific wielder's usefulness into account I would say the binding blade due to that 1-2 range 18 might 95 acc(!) +5 def/res wep that doubles as a super vulnerary but 20 uses really kills it for me

Tyrfing has no 1-2 range but it makes up for it with that 30 might, 10 spd 20 res with 50 repairable uses. The 10 skl and prayer is just overkill

Shoutouts to FE1 Falchion for making Marth literally invincible to all non-dragons, lol.

Also this

Edited by The Batter

Why is Chrom's Exalted Falchion so lame? It rips Grima to shreds but it's just a glorified silver sword otherwise. It only has 3 more Mt than Lucina's weapon but Lucina has hers for like half the game. :facepalm:

At least it ain't lol like Duranlol (the true spelling of Eliwood's sword :Kappa: ) or the Lol Katti is, is how I'd see it. Those two take lame to levels that defy mortal comprehension. :facepalm:

Anyways, voted Ragnell, with the Falchion (specifically, Chrom and Lucina's) being a close second.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Binding Blade can do that too... and rip poor Idoun and Chapter 24 to shreds.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you were ninja'd. :P I know this now.

At least it ain't lol like Duranlol or the Lol Katti is, is how I'd see it. Those two take lame to levels that defy mortal comprehension. :facepalm:

Anyways, voted Ragnell, with the Falchion (specifically, Chrom and Lucina's) being a close second.

I wasn't really taking the wielder of each weapon into account, admittedly. Durandal is pretty cool beans with that +5 Str but Lol Katti is 14 Wt which goes against everything it's wielder was supposed to stand for. Dat crit animation tho.

I wasn't really taking the wielder of each weapon into account, admittedly. Durandal is pretty cool beans with that +5 Str but Lol Katti is 14 Wt which goes against everything it's wielder was supposed to stand for. Dat crit animation tho.

I agree, the +5 Strength makes Durandal nothing to sneeze at... or it would, but for the part where it's stupidly heavy at 16 weight, rendering its usefulness questionable even against the one enemy it's meant to be used on. It's a shame, really, considering the crit animation is da bomb. And the Lol Katti... I just can't comprehend what IS was thinking, making it 14 Wt, yet at the same time weaker than a silver sword...

Edited by Levant Caprice

Man, imagine Ike with Durandal...whoa. Ragnell is heavier, but even it doesn't slow Ike down, so Durandal's weight wouldn't be a factor. But Ike with +5 strength!

Edited by Anacybele