Would 0% Growths even be possible in Awakening?

Jedi

After watching dondon's videos on the various fe's he's put at 0% growths I got to thinking. Would Awakening even on its Hard difficulty be possible with 0% growths or is the stat inflation just too much?

I highly doubt Lunatic would be even remotely possible.

heavily doubt it with no spotpass etc, on either hm and lm. fredstomping can probably work up to a point (C16?) with a chrom support and all boosters that you can get on hard mode. maps like 23 are way too fierce though. I can see a possibility in grinding a spotpass unit to 5 weapon breakers on another save while rigging 0% levels to be consistent with 0% growths and not using any statboosters and getting them per logbook + supreme emblem. king marth can kill grima iirc.

Edited by Gradivus.

heavily doubt it with no spotpass etc, on either hm and lm. I can see a possibility in grinding a spotpass unit to 5 weapon breakers on another save while rigging 0% levels to be consistent with 0% growths and not using any statboosters and getting them per logbook + supreme emblem. king marth can kill grima iirc.

Yeah I agree completely. It would be a bit too extreme.

Like FE12, enemy stats get too high too fast for a 0% growths run to be possible in Lunatic. Not to mention Awakening isn't very generous with its pre-promotes. There is also a heavy emphasis on pairing up etc etc.

Normal mode I can see happening, though.

Awakening has DLC, extra content and the chapters can be interrupted anytime on the world map. Maybe you can grind in skirmishes for statboosters and money (=more statboosters) in some way?

FE7 also has DLC of sorts (Those double dash bonuses), but wasn't used in the 0% run! I'd assume the same stipulations here, but maybe thats just me being weird

Those FE7 items wouldn´t make a huge, if any, difference. Awakenings DLC can trivialize the entire game.

All the statboosters could make Marcus more of a god, I fail to see that not being much of a difference.

Ive done hard mode without using units in tier2/Speciaclasses (no Nowi, no Panne, etc) and it is possible, though extremely difficult due to the need of four units including chrom and specific pairings for Lucina to even damage Grima at all, and at least four units with avoid skills and maxed speedstrength and high lukdef just to get through the first waves.

Tiki with dragonstone+ and Anna or Robin support would do well, and SayRi with Tiki too. Rallies existing would be a huge bonus though, thrusting Tiki into the front lines with literally all support possible. A few reclasses could get a physic uses in to benefit rallied tiki.

Its likely not happening on Hard without all of your resources poured into Tiki,

With grinding and skill abuse, it could be possible im sure. Under a straight playthrough though, nom sayri is your only competent unit unless maybe basilio/flavia with backtracking...maybe?

Tiki can be gotten fairly easily on Normal with Flavia and Basilio, and is -possible- to get on Hard by the same token. Killing Grima is mostly an exercise in getting Chrom to hit- having him supporting Flavia with a Brave gives him two attacks per turn, two more with Dance, and it's possible to kill lower difficulty Grimas with that (using a ton of RNG, of course).

Lunatic is possible if Spotpass units are allowed because Travant and later Paladin!Ashnard are just so good. King Marth + Dance wrecks Grima as well. Lunatic+... Maybe. It would require a very large amount of money to recruit the needed units, and RNG would have to be highly exceptional to clear the earlygame (Int's strats still make this a possibility at all, but a crit would be required for the Merc on Cht.2 and Fred would have to handle the rest of Cht.3 himself).

Of course, I'll not be the one to try either of those.

Assuming only using items/characters found in story mode it might be possible on normal mode, manulating some event tiles might help/be nescarry. Though one thing is that I know is Dondon likes to recruit all of the characters, I have to ask is it even possible to get all of the children characters without DLC/Map Encounters, espically because just about every single parent sans frederick are basically worthless long term

Efficiently building supports is quite easy once you know how to manipulate the Barracks to get what you want and the minimum you can take to still go up a rank- it's not like you're wasting exp by making a large team or anything.

The real problem with getting all the children would be clearing their Paralogues. Some of them likely would prove prohibitively difficult.

Efficiently building supports is quite easy once you know how to manipulate the Barracks to get what you want and the minimum you can take to still go up a rank- it's not like you're wasting exp by making a large team or anything.

The real problem with getting all the children would be clearing their Paralogues. Some of them likely would prove prohibitively difficult.

Would use of the barrack even be allowed? Would we need to enforce a limited number of times in between chapters? Should would ban the use of Reeking Boxes and Rift Doors found Barrracks and Event tiles because of grinding/getting a crap lot of statboosters.

Also I just realized if were doing the spotpass "post-game" chapters, I'm pretty sure Priam's is probably actually impossible even on normal mode.

Also I just realized if were doing the spotpass "post-game" chapters, I'm pretty sure Priam's is probably actually impossible even on normal mode.

It's definitely not impossible. Aversa can wreck the Spotpass Paralogues at base even on Lunatic+ with a little craftiness and some good weapons, and her Paralogue actually becomes easier on 0% growths so she's very easy to get.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi