Story Theories

Alertcircuit

I don't know if there's a topic for this already, but share ideas about what you think this story could be about!

I read an interesting one in some Youtube comments about Marx being Chrom's dad and the dancer being his mom, along with Kamui being Robin's parent.

Gamexplain has a big one about the war being between forces modeled after the east and the west, and people think you might be able to pick.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I haven't got the faintest idea very little has been released about IF. Obviously the dancer girl is important, Kamui looks like he/she might be the avatar of this game, and Max is probably the lord from the "Western" side. Other than that its up for anything. Although I don't think the theory you brought up holds much water since they said during the direct that it would be it's own standalone story in a different world.

Edited by TacoMan42

the dancer girl may be part of a royal family so maybe the first part of the game is to rescue the dancer girl

Kinda working off this idea. If we take the theory that Kamui and Marx are the evil-looking guy's children into account, and assume that Kamui is this game's Avatar, I can see something like this happening:

The theory:

Dancer girl is the princess of the Eastern faction who was kidnapped and taken to the Western capitol as a prisoner of war. The Western king is a bit of a creeper and forces her to act as a court dancer as a form of humiliation. Kamui, the Western prince(ss), feels that doing this to her is wrong because he thinks she's so beautiful/she sympathizes with her as her equal on the opposing side. He/She decides to help the dancer escape (this acting as the prologue chapter), managing to get almost all the way out before being confronted by Marx. Marx warns Kamui that keeping the dancer hostage was the only thing keeping the Eastern faction from attacking them and that releasing her will bring the war to a full broil. This is where the first choice is presented: Either keep aiding the dancer and eventually join up with the Eastern faction in the war, or go back with Marx (the dancer still gets away) and fighting with the Western faction.

Kinda working off this idea. If we take the theory that Kamui and Marx are the evil-looking guy's children into account, and assume that Kamui is this game's Avatar, I can see something like this happening:

The theory:

Dancer girl is the princess of the Eastern faction who was kidnapped and taken to the Western capitol as a prisoner of war. The Western king is a bit of a creeper and forces her to act as a court dancer as a form of humiliation. Kamui, the Western prince(ss), feels that doing this to her is wrong because he thinks she's so beautiful/she sympathizes with her as her equal on the opposing side. He/She decides to help the dancer escape (this acting as the prologue chapter), managing to get almost all the way out before being confronted by Marx. Marx warns Kamui that keeping the dancer hostage was the only thing keeping the Eastern faction from attacking them and that releasing her will bring the war to a full broil. This is where the first choice is presented: Either keep aiding the dancer and eventually join up with the Eastern faction in the war, or go back with Marx (the dancer still gets away) and fighting with the Western faction.

Damn how come I can't think of stuff like this.

Remember that my idea is based 1/3 on the trailer, 1/3 on fan speculation, and 1/3 on whatever drives my brain to come up with this stuff. So it's probably far off from how it's actually gonna be.

The theory:

I agree with you on everything but one thing.

Kamui could be affiliated with the Eastern Army due to his/her Eastern name and allies in the trailer. It seems that the allies are mostly from the Eastern kingdom, due to the Pegasus Knight, Myrmidon, Mage, and Dancer in the trailer.

However, that grey-haired Cavalier could be affiliated with the Western Army, I don't know..

I agree with you on everything but one thing.

Kamui could be affiliated with the Eastern Army due to his/her Eastern name and allies in the trailer. It seems that the allies are mostly from the Eastern kingdom, due to the Pegasus Knight, Myrmidon, Mage, and Dancer in the trailer.

However, that grey-haired Cavalier could be affiliated with the Western Army, I don't know..

True but Assuming that Kamui getting woken up by the Maids is the first scene like Awakening and Fe7, it seems like a more Western... tradition

I could care less about the story so long as it is not affliated with the other stories of the other games and is it's own thing.

But yes I also see it as a West vs. East and then add a bit of Romeo and Juliet.

Many have speculated that the Dancer girl is a prisoner, which IMO is very likely. But it would be interesting if Kamui was a ward/hostage raised by the Western factions because of the east having lost the War. He's still treated fairly well, but is still a captive and political bargaining chip, like Theon Greyjoy from ASoIAF/GoT

Many have speculated that the Dancer girl is a prisoner, which IMO is very likely. But it would be interesting if Kamui was a ward/hostage raised by the Western factions because of the east having lost the War. He's still treated fairly well, but is still a captive and political bargaining chip, like Theon Greyjoy from ASoIAF/GoT

Sounds interesting.

Uh...I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but I think that the guy on horseback in the painting is Marx's dad, and that painting is an artist's representation of a battle between the two fractions. Marx's dad could have been blamed for starting the war (?), kind of like how Chrom's father started the war with Plegia. Meh. Just a thought.

im just gonna make up some bs because there's almost nothing to go on atm.

Once upon a time the land was divided into many kingdoms where north, south, east, and west were locked in perennial conflict. One day, a kingdom rose up and united everyone under a single banner. For a time, there was peace and stability. However, when the Empire eventually fell (probably due to a mix of corruption, civil war, and evil magic and monster/demon shenanigans), the land was once again plunged into darkness.

However, out of the chaos arose the Empire's 2 mightiest vassals- "Knightland" bringing order in the "West" and "Samuraidom" bringing unity in the "East." Slowly but surely the 2 powers expanded and incorporated more territories into their fold until their borders met. Tensions arose between the two rivals which quickly turned into skirmishes. All negotiations and truces fail. Each side blamed the other for surprise attacks and raiding and both begin preparing for all-out war.

At this time of great tension, only a handful of kingdoms remained independent. Too small to pose any significant threat yet also too risky to invade without great cost, both "Knightland" and "Samuraidom" jockied and negotiated for their allegiances. You are the prince(ss) of one of these kingdoms stuck in the middle of this Great War for hegemony. You're invited to check out both sides' sales pitches. Also, you find evidence from some oracle-y stuff that some great evil is returning and wants both "Knightland" and "Samuraidom" to wipe each other out so as to destroy the world or something similarly diabolical.

Pretty dancer lady? Part of the old imperial family but, only when the whole glowy pendant Fire Emblem thing happens is it revealed that she is the chosen scion and rightful heir to the throne. Cue the mad dash for every side to get her to legitimize their claim. Through other shenanigans she is put under your charge.

Basically, blue hair girl is your dancer lord. You are her prime minister/shogun. Ya'll get to decide if you go with "Samuraidom," "Knightland," or independent. Then you unify the land under one banner to face this great evil bad guy force. Game.

im just gonna make up some bs because there's almost nothing to go on atm.

Once upon a time the land was divided into many kingdoms where north, south, east, and west were locked in perennial conflict. One day, a kingdom rose up and united everyone under a single banner. For a time, there was peace and stability. However, when the Empire eventually fell (probably due to a mix of corruption, civil war, and evil magic and monster/demon shenanigans), the land was once again plunged into darkness.

However, out of the chaos arose the Empire's 2 mightiest vassals- "Knightland" bringing order in the "West" and "Samuraidom" bringing unity in the "East." Slowly but surely the 2 powers expanded and incorporated more territories into their fold until their borders met. Tensions arose between the two rivals which quickly turned into skirmishes. All negotiations and truces fail. Each side blamed the other for surprise attacks and raiding and both begin preparing for all-out war.

At this time of great tension, only a handful of kingdoms remained independent. Too small to pose any significant threat yet also too risky to invade without great cost, both "Knightland" and "Samuraidom" jockied and negotiated for their allegiances. You are the prince(ss) of one of these kingdoms stuck in the middle of this Great War for hegemony. You're invited to check out both sides' sales pitches. Also, you find evidence from some oracle-y stuff that some great evil is returning and wants both "Knightland" and "Samuraidom" to wipe each other out so as to destroy the world or something similarly diabolical.

Pretty dancer lady? Part of the old imperial family but, only when the whole glowy pendant Fire Emblem thing happens is it revealed that she is the chosen scion and rightful heir to the throne. Cue the mad dash for every side to get her to legitimize their claim. Through other shenanigans she is put under your charge.

Basically, blue hair girl is your dancer lord. You are her prime minister/shogun. Ya'll get to decide if you go with "Samuraidom," "Knightland," or independent. Then you unify the land under one banner to face this great evil bad guy force. Game.

I'd buy it. Though I'm more for the idea that the dancer lady is some oracle figure rather than a royal. Why would a royal be dancing for some important old fart's entertainment, regardless of how fetching the lass may be? Unless she's some princess of a lesser realm trying to appease the big guys at the top of the hierarchy, but then I guess she wouldn't be the rightful heir, unless it takes place before all of those Fire Emblem shenanigans.

With that, I'm also not buying into her being a "lord", per se. Maybe a person of great importance to the story, but not required to bring into every battle or whatever. I think she's gonna be a Ninian expy, being some significant motivator for the actual lord (hopefully, the sole lord, the MU) and general MacGuffin Girl.

Characters don't have to be playable to be story significant. It's possible that we won't be playing with the dancer for a very long time in the game, even if you can talk to them or watch events that they're involved in.

For people speculating about the lord, it seems that the PC is the lord this time. They're clearly nobility or royalty of some sort, or at least very wealthy and presumably influential. I can't see them being a bystander tactician that just gets roped into things with no vested interest.

Also, if this dancer turns out to be Chrom's mom, that would explain why Chrom would marry Olivia the day after meeting her...

Edited by Vitezen