• Eckesachs (FE6)
    • Ereshkigal (FE7)
    • Naglfar (FE8)
    • Alondite (FE9)
    • Gurgurant (FE9)
    • Creiddylad (FE10)
    • Judge (FE10)
    • Grima's Truth (FE13)
    • Various Dragon Breaths (FE1/FE3/FE6/FE7/FE11/FE12/FE13)
    • Formortiis' Attacks (FE8)
  3. 3. *Bonus* Best prf staff?

• Hammerne (FE1/FE3/FE5/FE11/FE12)
    • Aum (FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12)
    • Rescue (FE3)
    • Unlock (FE5)
    • Thief (FE5)
    • Kia (FE5)

And I love how forseti gets more votes than book of naga just because it's forseti. We're talking fe4 naga right??? It's not really that useful because you get it for like 5 minutes, but still. It had the stat boosts of three holy weapons put together.

Topis tittle does say overall... availability trumps most of the time in these cases.

Balmung- You get it super early (in the second generation) on a character who can more or less solo the final chapter of the game at his base stats (motherfucking Shanan). Tyrfing is cool and all, but it doesn't have as much of a presence. Also the fact that FE4 0% growths runs would be impossible without it. Ignoring the 30 might and mere 3 weight (both of which would make this weapon fucking ridiculous by themselves), the +10Skl bonus allows Shanan to proc Astra more (and crit more I guess if you're insane enough to get crit on Balmung) and the +20Spd not only gives him ridiculous avoid but lets him double every other enemy in the game. At base. Yeah.

Pugi- Killer Hand Axe beats what the other options have to offer by far.

Wing Spear- Breaks FE11 in half, not nearly as notable in FE12 but still a very good weapon regardless.

Yewfelle- Because the other options were awful.

Forseti- Even though it's pretty late coming in the first generation of FE4, it's still rather useful for what time it's got left. And woo boy, it's pretty fucking ridiculous if you give it to Arthur (or even Sety, but not quite as ridiculous, but still canon as fuck) in the second generation. Oh, and it looks really good in FE5 as well, for what that's worth (I've never gotten far enough to test it out myself). Also without it, FE4 0% growths would be more painful (although not impossible by any stretch of the imagination).

Suprised Balmung didn't get more votes. It's pretty much forseti in sword form. Except Shannan kinda sucks. Ragnell's good, but I think a lot of it is just Ike being great.

Objectively wrong.

Edited by Refa

Balmung is +10 Skl but yeah everything else checks out. The +20 Speed compliments his skill set so well. He is like a universal "fix it" button.

When you compare him to the insane child units you get in gen 2 he's bad. But against the average FE unit, he's amazing.

Objectively objective.

No seriously dude you're like objectively wrong.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Yeah, I'll admit that if Larcei or Ulster got the Balmung (which they can, via a glitch) they'd be better than Shanan with it (except in 0% growths, where Shanan can reign supreme no bias)...but they don't!

Balmung is +10 Skl but yeah everything else checks out. The +20 Speed compliments his skill set so well. He is like a universal "fix it" button.

I don't know what you're talking about *wink wink*.

Ah, I see. I've never bothered to try giving it to anybody else, and villagers and such talk about it like it's her own personal axe, so I've always assumed it was a Prf. weapon for her.

I actually like how the some prfs were handled in FE11/FE12 where the old prfs could be used on the units they were meant for whenever but everyone else needed a B to use it like Aura and Excalibur. Too bad win spear didn't get this treatment

Edited by The Batter

Sword: Binding Blade, though Tyrfing is a very, very close second. The added range wins, though you do get it kind of late.

Axe: Pugi. Range + sexy crit rates + obtained in chapter one.

Spear: Wing Spear. Forge, sit back, and laugh sadistically.

Bow: Yewfelle. Renewal + boosts.

Magic: Forseti. Self-explanatory. Grafcalibur is pretty good too.

I actually like how the some prfs were handled in FE11/FE12 where the old prfs could be used on the units they were meant for whenever but everyone else needed a B to use it like Aura and Excalibur. Too bad win spear didn't get this treatment

If anyone with an existent Str growth could win spear Caeda would be out of a job :P:

If anyone with an existent Str growth could win spear Caeda would be out of a job :P:

Well the other wonderful thing about Caeda is that speed base/growth so she can murder bosses with forged weapons that don't really care about a str stat

You already have Ridersbanes for replicating it against a large amount of enemies and she's still far and away the best unit in the game.

The difference in damage between someone with actual strength using the wing spear and Shiida using it is only their strength stat, so anybody else using it would only actually do like 4-7 more damage, and likely wouldn't double, so she's far and away still the best user for it. Ridersbane isn't comparable unless you actually forge +20 hit on it, and ignore the 10 crit the Wing Spear has.

That being said, Shiida without the wing spear would probably be the worst starting peg in the series.

True, I could have added some enemy prf weapons (my god do I love Valflame and Helswath and would have totally chosen those) but in all honesty they probably wouldn't get enough votes to really matter but then again neither did like half the swords. I suppose with my future "best prf weapon overall" poll I'll also make a "best enemy prf weapon" category and probably staves too.