Biweekly Battle Sprite Showdown 1 ~Match Game~ Voting Finished.

ErrantDShepherd

So, we've got Seth, Freddy, and now Titania. All we need now are Marcus and Jagen to complete the set! lol

And I see the images now, dunno why I couldn't see them before. o.O

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Merc Lord

Cool bud. New Axe is much better looking. Might be cool if he held it like he does in the pic. OPV left(his right) leg could probably be raised up a pixel or two to look more 3/4 as his feet are currently at pretty similar heights, which is a bit off looking.

3/4 pose photo(slightly NSFW, underwear) example by SenshiStock of DeviantArt

...I should probably try doing these sort of critiques in PM or outside the contest thread though. Apologies. >.>

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Yes, you can post them in your threads for critiques/fixes, as you can continue to update your entry until the deadline.

Also trying to be more hands off with rules/restrictions to avoid micromanaging and just let people enjoy/let the contest have room to breathe. ;)

I'll try to limit my actual critiques to personal threads and PM from now on to let the thread focus more on entries and appreciation/comments.

I think it will be best to keep the three categories a single vote. To try to avoid ties.

But, maybe a seperate multiple choice vote could be used as a tiebreaker or something if a tie does occur. Like the voting in the splice competition. :)

EDIT: or... Best overall could be from the combo of division single choice votes and an open "what do you like" multiple choice votes.

...I do not want to make this more comp located than I already have by giving us too many separate votes.

3 separate polls to vote for should probably be the limit. I think at least...

But I am just the host, and want to avoid controlling/micromanaging the competition. >.<

(I feel like pointing out that there are a ton of really good submissions, if we allow infinite-voting then everyone will vote for everything and it will have been pointless. Maybe a system with 3 polls, where people vote for their #1, #2, and #3 submissions, and each of those are worth different amounts of points that get totaled up in the end or something?)

That's a silly opinion. If people vote for everything (Keeping in mind the recent mug competitions have allowed this as a sub-category and there's always one well above the rest) then the tie-breaker round solves that dilemma anyway.

Meanwhile, limiting people to one vote with this many submissions means a ton of otherwise good submissions might not get a vote at all.

Meanwhile, limiting people to one vote with this many submissions means a ton of otherwise good submissions might not get a vote at all.

So? It's a competition. Casual, yes, but still a competition. This isn't an "everybody gets a trophy" thing. People will probably post with honorable mentions and the such, but really allowing unlimited votes can get rather messy. Easy way to solve it is just a single vote for the fave and then can have an honorable mention poll where you can click whatever you want but it doesn't count...like the mug competition.

Or might as well have it as a showcase congratulating all the participants and then voting for next theme as a community. loljk

So... I could sprite up some participation ribbons? jk

Ok, so since there is some debate here, I have added a new poll on voting format to the BBSS ideas thread. Please go vote and discuss potential different voting formats there.

...I think all the suggestions here have been included in it. >.>

In both the poll and c/p in a spoiler full of quotes.

EDIT: Polls got borked... now deborked. Go vote. Just keep in mind you will have to choose delete my vote to re-enter the poll. ;)

Nothing says your entry cannot be the same character as one already posted by another entrant...but maybe it should for variety's sake?

I dunno...I mean, within reason I guess we could have repeats? Don't want a bunch of the same characters within the contest, but I do know I'd feel like scrapping my entry and doing someone else if anyone choose the exact same piece I'm working on. Much like you have said here. :\

So yeah. Up to the artist's discretion at the moment. If you really like what you're working on... Could be better received than the one posted currently. But we do have so many people to choose from, repeats would seem unnecessary.

But, I don't want to be policing this/imposing any more than I have already. XD

(Good God I need some more sleep. >.<)

Fincontest2_zps667cbede.png

Here my entry Fin

SInce his artwork(tcg,gen1,gen2) tends to vary in design I just took a few elements from each.

Edit: Fixed problems with his right arm.

Edited by Levy

Made in my spare time while doing my own battle sprite using the same sprite shown in my thread but customized a bit more.

v1Du8cX.png

Brunya

Edited

[spoiler=OA]1JKv5rZ.jpg

Edited by Fateborn