Blizzard In New York 2015

Owain_the_swordsman

On Tuesday, New York will have one of the worst snow storms they've ever had. On Monday, it will start to have some light snow in the morning, and get a bit heavier in the afternoon and evening, but there will still be school (Yeah, I know, that sucks) Tuesday is undecided but will most likely get no school. Tuesday is the day the 24 hour blizzard starts, and could make up to 3 feet of snow.

All I'm gonna say is be prepared, use a lot less battery for your phones and other electric devices, be sure to get flashlights and food that doesn't need to be in the fridge to stay good like bread, crackers, or apples. Electricity could go out at any second.

Weed, alcohol

Depends on if you live on Campus or with your family. If its the former you need to be worried as food places may close and Dominos may not deliver, but if its the latter you're probably a minor and your parents will take care of it. I don't think it'll be too bad tbh, depends on where you live of course. The city usually doesn't get hit too hard, but the suburbs take most of the pounding.

I'll admit it, I'm kind of jealous. While overall I enjoy the milder winters we have here in the Netherlands, there's still a part of me that loves the huge snowfalls we would sometimes get when I lived in Chicago.

Got off work today too, and my classes are cancelled for tomorrow (theoretically today too but I don't have class mondays anyway)

The good part is I get 2 more days to work on this thing I've been procrastinating on forever that's kinda important (by kinda I mean very)

The bad part is that my room's heat is kinda broken so I'm freezing my ass off and if my internet dies to this rendering me unable to work on said project I s2g

I'm in PA and my classes were cancelled today, and most of the campus-related building are closed for tomorrow already.

So probably closing the school again tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we'll be getting the same storm in New Brunswick tomorrow, up in Canada land, and my university will most certainly be open still.

Send help, Canadian school boards are insane.

I have to admit, I'm actually a bit envious- we haven't any proper snowfall in Denmark this year :c

Meanwhile, we'll be getting the same storm in New Brunswick tomorrow, up in Canada land, and my university will most certainly be open still.

Aw man, that really sucks :c

In Denmark, snow day offs are mainly regarded as something that happens in american movies, mainly because we are so used to the snow that we don't freak out over a few centimetres of white goo, and the climate is so relatively mild that freak snowfalls like this are practically non-existent. Also, we're Nords

The only time I've ever gotten a day off because of snow was during my year on a boarding school. There had been heavy snowfall during Saturday and Sunday, and the roads had been closed, so all of the kids who went home for the weekend could not get back Sunday, and instead had to take a bus Monday morning. We weekend-dwellers had approx half a day off before the other kids arrived at lunchtime, and lessons started right after that.

Edited by Azura

I have to admit, I'm actually a bit envious- we haven't any proper snowfall in Denmark this year :c

Aw man, that really sucks :c

In Denmark, snow day offs are mainly regarded as something that happens in american movies, mainly because we are so used to the snow that we don't freak out over a few centimetres of white goo, and the climate is so relatively mild that freak snowfalls like this are practically non-existent. Also, we're Nords

Hue~

I live in the mountains of California where snowfall is not only regular, but expected. There hasnt been a proper snowfall in like, a solid year. Catastrophic drought levels. But our snow days are just people whinging unnecessarily (because they were dumb and moved here and bought Priuses) about roads, and most schools stay open unless its feet of snow. However, lack of snowfall in your nation concerns me greatly....

rip in rip. /pat

Hue~

I live in the mountains of California where snowfall is not only regular, but expected. There hasnt been a proper snowfall in like, a solid year. Catastrophic drought levels. But our snow days are just people whinging unnecessarily (because they were dumb and moved here and bought Priuses) about roads, and most schools stay open unless its feet of snow. However, lack of snowfall in your nation concerns me greatly....

I remember reading about that drought in California, it sounded really bad :c Wasn't there a lot of forest fires involved?

We have had snow two times this winter so far, on the 25th of December (Christmas Snow!) and a few days ago. However if was only a few inches, and both times it melted away after a day or so. So, we've had a bit of snow this year, but not much compared to what we're used to. It rained today. Rain in winter always makes me sad :c

i don't really like snow

Snow is awesome, how can you not like snow? I mean, you can throw it at people and slide a bunch of it under their coats and rub it in their faces, what's not to love? It's also white and pretty and super fluffy if you're more into that kind of thing~

Snow is awesome, how can you not like snow? I mean, you can throw it at people and slide a bunch of it under their coats and rub it in their faces, what's not to love? It's also white and pretty and super fluffy if you're more into that kind of thing~

I used to like snow then a few blizzards happened (thanks new york) and i hated snow since also our schools actually don't close most of the time for snow as far as college goes, unlike high school, unless it's this extreme so there's also walking to class while buried in snow. I remember a post-sandy storm where I showed up to class anyway because nothing was officially cancelled and it was awful 0/10 would not recommend

also it better not kill our power

Well, in daily life anyway, if it's like a specific snow resort or sth or somewhere I don't need to deal with the negative effects of heavy snowfall I don't mind it, but since I live it it's annoying as fuck and I don't need this shit

I'd be much more okay with it if it's like max 3-5 inches or sth

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm 6'9". 205.74 Centimeters. Snow here gets taller than I do. You get snowed in. It goes down to -20. The snow freezes. It takes until April to clear it all out.

Snow sucks and I hate it.

That is how people can not like snow.

I remember reading about that drought in California, it sounded really bad :c Wasn't there a lot of forest fires involved?

We have had snow two times this winter so far, on the 25th of December (Christmas Snow!) and a few days ago. However if was only a few inches, and both times it melted away after a day or so. So, we've had a bit of snow this year, but not much compared to what we're used to. It rained today. Rain in winter always makes me sad :c

There was a massive fire in 2013 in my area. That sucked so bad. Theres always bad fires, but lately, theyve been hella bad.

In the higher elevations, we got some snow and rain in December. But its all dry again and ugh.

I like snow a lot. I have a Jeep with 4x4 and snow tires too. I lol at slippery roads. I just dont like shoveling or when it starts smushing trees and roofs.

Massachusetts here. No school tomorrow, or Wednesday. 2 and a half feet of snow in the Boston area. 3 feet in Dorchester. We got lucky, compared to New York and Connecticut, from what I heard. We won't get crippled by the storm as much as NY will if shit hits the fan. Get food, flashlights, and of course charge up your devices. Good luck, all.