LunaticScreamer plays The Last Promise

LunaticScreamer

Part 2 time and, well, prepare for me being like a kid at a candy store, heh.

[spoiler=Ch19 Part 2: The Captain Has Arrived]

So...what was I talking about last time? Mainly a map that is boring and low on the difficulty. I'm not sure if this map could do anything right now to change...wait a minute, someone's coming!

nsCG289.pngRIcrhVi.pngiYEHOqW.png

Dear evil ones of Magnus, you would do well to prepare for the beginning of the end.

g5JN4Td.pngMiBuWVK.png

One of your own has just decided that he's had enough of your foolish antics and has decided to defect & join the rebels.

alQYtIJ.pngrJhIYkV.png

I do hope Magnus is ready to learn the meaning of fear because this man will NOT show mercy in the ensuing carnage he's about to unleash.

Meet Rex, my favorite character from this hack by a landslide and then some. While most characters up to this point needed some form of babying, however minor, to be brought up to speed, I'm here to tell you that Rex doesn't need help. He's more than capable of holding his own. Hell, give him an Emblem Spear and a couple packs of Elixirs and he could very well solo this map with careful enough play. THAT is how damn good he is right out of the gate.

You want to know the crazy thing too? He has worse growths overall than Ace. He trades in 5% strength, skill, speed, and resistance for 5% extra luck. However, much like Lirin, his bases are amazingly good aside from two areas, hp & resistance. The former won't be a problem since his great hp growth will correct that in due time, but resistance is likely going to remain low for him since it has a 20% growth, meaning he'd best be careful around large groups of magic users.

Now, I could very well see him stat screwed, but luckily I've been musing over this the past couple of days and I realized I can get away with him getting a bare minimum of 2 speed before promotion. I'm serious. Getting 2 speed would be fine, 3 would be better, and 4 or more would be amazing.

7RbIK1V.png

First order of business is to outfit him with an inventory fitting of one who's about to be trained up to lv20. He does have the same quick exp gain like Ace does after all.

Oh yes, one last thing. Recruiting Rex and ensuring he stays alive will let you gain access to a gaiden after this one is complete so make sure to pick him up, even if he's not going to factor in to your endgame plans.

9OoSQ9K.png

Anakin gives Rex another turn so he can get into position to do some counter attacking.

fLFN3LU.pngKzSDvds.png

Meanwhile, Shuuda takes the Member Card and visits the secret shop in this map. The Poison Axe is useless and the Piercing Sword very expensive, but the rest of the equipment seen there can be useful in one way or another. I grab four Killer Lances and one Hero's Flare.

ueE2dZK.png

Rex can tank physical hits something fierce. Having 12 defense at lv10 will do that.

rJ54VDK.png

Oh boy, a Thief. Bet he's going to run for the open treasure room in the south...not! He runs east...towards your team. Who in there right mind BYPASSES a completely open treasure room?

5qQLZcP.png

Shuuda takes care of the last enemy in his vicinity, leaving him free to raid the chests with his shiny set of Chest Keys.

oiTdG55.png

Meanwhile, Rex casually swats aside silly enemies getting in his way.

bMYovBh.png

Anakin's going to be getting some good staff training in here, healing even the slightest bit of damage that Rex may take.

DVFEqpo.png

Steel Lance doing just shy of 1/3rd of Rex's hp in damage. Big whoop, Anakin can heal that up. Also, this Knight dies on the next player phase.

eQyxmnL.png

This stab on a Mercenary that can't even damage Rex nets him his first level. Knowing my luck, it'll probably be a bad...

BxAHHit.png

...You. Are. Awesome. THIS is how you start your leveling career folks!

Hh6KDIP.png

Those are Cavaliers coming from the north. Unfortunately they're about to ram into Rex who's going to have his Horseslayer equipped thanks to Anakin. While I would like to kill that Mercenary, I need Rex at full health just to be safe so Anakin is probably going to take a hit from him.

lOE3Sqw.png

Free Mythril Blade? Won't say no that.

zIujAqw.png

Dodging like a champ!

eXcLNhv.png

Ok, so he missed, but look at that damage. Rex is one shotting Cavaliers at lv11 with a Horseslayer. Hell, he didn't even need that point of strength to one shot this enemy.

nghnNHS.png6VAls42.png

The Cavalier's buddy though? He did not get so lucky in dodging. Speed is the primary stat Rex wants right now so this is quite good.

izPqxx4.pngoEQOti4.png

Another Cavalier falls. Two more coming Rex's way will no doubt suffer the same fate.

HjBRJSk.png

Ok, this Mercenary is officially an idiot. He attacked Ben who he can do no damage to when he could have attacked Anakin and had a BETTER chance to land and do actual damage to him. Fire Emblem AI is so good, isn't it?

UvgS6YM.png

More speed!

yEDqOsv.png

Time to put the idiot Mercenary down for good.

iWu6egt.png

Seriously, Rex could get two or three stat level ups from here on out until lv20 and he'd still be good. That's how good he's doing right now.

Xq32vkg.png

Not a surprise Anakin leveled really. While 10-11 exp per action he takes isn't much, it adds up when he can either heal Rex or give him another turn. That being said, Anakin gaining hp allows me to show off one of the other perks of his promotion.

85mevOl.png

At the beginning of every player phase, Anakin will regenerate 20% of his max hp. This, combined with his high evasion, makes him a very difficult individual to kill unless multiple enemies gang up on him.

8PBJHtV.png

Not only was he not going to take any damage from the attack, Rex dodges it to add insult to injury. This Mercenary dies of course.

z3LLXHD.png

Probably the biggest danger to Rex on this map if his levels haven't been good. Luckily though mine is up to the task and merely needs heals from Anakin if he takes any hits and he'll be fine.

J3U0tda.png

Please cap strength Rex. That would be amazing.

Also, it speaks volumes about how well his leveling has gone if this is the worst level he's gotten so far. Hell, it's not even a really bad level because it contains strength and more precious resistance.

iIqhcuA.png

Now, had Rex been getting badly strength screwed, this combined with the Energy Ring that Itsuke brought with him early on would be my insurance to bring that up to speed. He's doing just fine though so I can pass the two Energy Rings on to someone that really needs the boost.

p10csbT.png

Rex doesn't even need the Horseslayer anymore. He can ORKO Cavaliers with merely an Emblem Lance.

KdGpHq5.png

Six levels. TWO 6-stat level ups. This may very well be the best Rex I've ever trained up in all of my playthroughs of the hack thus far.

The best part of all this though? He still has four levels to go.

DSahOwC.png

Make that three and...oh god he's really going to cap strength isn't he?

mGBYfkL.png

Rex has consistently picked up at least two non-hp stats per level and it's great.

4wlsjln.png

Strength cap. Hell freaking yes.

MGQMkil.png

Anakin's about to get lots of staff training in, nice. I shouldn't even need to tell you the fate of the Bishop.

R3paRC4.png

Last level and Rex finishes strong. I have never seen my man ever turn out bad and today is no different.

3Boyzmp.png

Considering Rex's leveling luck, this was to be expected. On the plus side, Anakin did hit D-Staves, meaning he can start using Mends.

Now, I do believe someone is most deserving of a promotion.

fc32o1q.pngG5Px1OX.png

Want to know the scary thing? Right now, his base avoid is 55, two points lower than what Anakin is currently at.

yqZMFDV.png

Oh yeah, Rex can support with Kevin. As if he couldn't get even stronger right now!

jbsgqXg.png

There's a replacement for the Knight Crest I just spent.

JMng8Xc.pnguBG7dkH.png

Rex isn't going to be the only one getting a promotion this chapter. Ben is very close to lv20.

1YnHEpQ.pngY74KXFZ.png

Here's an enemy to maybe watch out for. This Paladin is carrying a new spear, the Heroslayer. Effective against Hero class units such as Asch I believe, but I swear it also affects someone like Kelik or Anakin, I don't know. That attack stat of his is misleading though as that's his attack strength if the effective damage is added in. Otherwise, it's a 27 atk strike he's doing.

k1WjfEr.png

Ben can more than easily tank the hit, then proceed to remove most of the Paladin's hp in one hit.

bLrD5dH.png

Anakin, realizing Rex is encroaching on his status as the dodgiest unit in the army, takes measures to correct that.

pxoSlWM.png

There's the karmic counterbalance to Anakin's level, but at least he gets a useful stat to hit lv20 with.

O3zz9Wd.png

Sheesh, these are just getting tossed all over the place now.

FkNPlVc.png

Shuuda puts his Chest Keys to more work, getting this interesting weapon. Has the same effect as Eclipse, but has surprisingly good accuracy for a weapon that can cut an enemy's hp in half.

2hfFBrP.png

Ben's done grinding so might as well let my other primary flyer get some grinding in. She's doing quite well for herself if you ask me.

yOvEOyg.pngdArXx5V.png

Lirin finishes mopping up the last of the rabble so it's time to see what Earnest is like. Not exactly promising when he's weaker overall compared to Howard.

On the plus side, he does carry an Animate Seal, good for promoting anyone that isn't a main character or Althares who's at least lv10 unpromoted.

ecupWQo.png62ySLGR.png

Althares gets to opening the chests a very stupid Thief bypassed earlier, getting yet another promotion item from the first one opened. This is tossed straight to Ben who could do with some defense, but is doing good otherwise.

fBaPXnr.png

If Ben wanted to shore up his low luck some more, he could always use this for a quick boost.

zZzhuC2.png

Everyone's coming up to the throne room so Althares wastes some time swiping a few Elixirs. The Animate Seal will still drop when Earnest goes down so I'll get it that way.

qoD5CIq.png

Anakin is still making sure Rex does not get more dodgy than him.

VDoNzOH.png

I can see Earnest is a laughing riot at the local Magnian comedy club.

In any case, Rex is kicking things off against him. All I need is one Horseslayer hit and I can feed the boss to someone that needs the experience.

u7oJFuR.png

Took a few turns, but eventually I got the hit I wanted.

gq2CmNc.pngmc6Qd4t.png

Kelik gets the kill since his promotion is fast approaching in a couple chapters.

kZJ86DD.png

During my support buildup phase, I noticed Lyam deciding to use his ghost armor for battle. Interesting choice sir.

JW8pARi.png

Kelik wants to go find Howard. Can't blame him as he might want to relay information back to his superiors and get reinforcements.

SKOwei0.pngxCOH49S.pnguB251Kz.png

When he eventually finds Howard, he hears him out. Howard, having been moved by Cia's words, starts to divulge information about Magnus and its dingbat senate. He then gets presented with a chance to possibly get redemption, even if he's currently getting imprisoned.

dnBEh0p.png

Duke Paul is alive as is most of the civilians, likely in part to the individual on the left, Yue. That's a relief.

QNSjFiL.pngidnDmvW.png

Upon talking with Duke Paul, the story of how Aegis was taken over is recalled. Basically, the Mage General decided to warp in tons of reinforcements and conquered the castle within mere minutes.

Of course, Magnus isn't going to hold back now with its relentless assaults.

That takes care of chapter 19 finally!

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1)

Next time: The Golden Spear pays a visit!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Rex)]

Rex's growths:

Hp: 80% Luk: 45%

Str: 40% Def: 35%

Skl: 40% Res: 20%

Spd: 45%

Rex is much like Lirin in many ways. Much better bases than his only other competitor, Ace, but worse growths overall aside from luck. All he really needs is a bit of strength, speed, and defense and he'll be just fine.

Edited by LunaticScreamer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, when I played TLP, since Shon/Kelik get items for the promotion rather than it being forced, I broke the script by promoting Shon(who was turning out well and just got a cool sword) instead of Kelik when I got the item.

Morning update time!

[spoiler=Ch19x: Family Issues]RV6nQUH.png54lV9Cz.png

Liuke failing his stealth check in attempt to raid the treasure chamer. That's why you should have put points into sneak you dingbat.

7CujNfC.png

Oh joy, I'm so scared. I hope he's brought some actual threats with him, heh.

8NCWOMv.png

Cid, this is not Yu-Gi-Oh! right now.

2i0Ud2Z.pngj2qonmv.png

Kelik isn't even up to playing card games. There's some landmarks to defend after all.

MyQox4x.png

16 people...a little too much if you ask me. You'd only really need 10-12 people at most and that's even pushing it.

In any case, I guess it's time to show off the map and...actually, I forgot to check Rex's description before.

g4NTmAG.png

Oh boy, I can tell this is going to end well already, haha.

OSSb1KF.png

Duke Paul decides to toss himself into the fray. Only as a green army unit though.

sSosNVj.png

As in end the map easily he means to be honest with you.

qrVIgW9.pngsa3fVor.png

Duke Paul isn't going down easily, if at all. He's simply too tanky for the enemies to cut through.

JRBtEoa.pngbsOXMKA.png

Guarding Fort Darner is this lovely individual. Only the nearby magic users present any kind of problem to him so once they're dead, he'll be just fine as well.

FZgyJIP.png

B support Rex & Kevin? You bet!

k76n4pc.png

It's only fair to let Rex get the honors of the opening salvo of murder. He didn't dodge this magic user's strike simply because he one shotted him before that ever occurred.

gXYNtvc.png

Yeah, Cid didn't really bring his A-team of helpers along for the ride. These guys aren't much stronger, if any, than the previous chapter's dingbats.

Twj0X88.png

Lyam's still wearing his ghost armor. Lovely.

02oRXBZ.png7vXTcts.png

Just because Siegfried's stats are weak doesn't mean he can't murder magic users in one hit still. Nothung is just that good.

dpdNYfl.pngZ5UJiTT.png

Cia shuts this Sniper up before he can be any kind of threat. The Orion's Bolt, since Zach isn't being used, is free gold once I sell it.

Ibae7pv.png4PBEMIF.pngbmUITq6.png

More murder really. Not much else to do on turn 1.

WBBSu3C.pngnA64vcH.png

Enemy phase is as exciting as ever these days.

HDJ0dIL.png

A support between Cia & Tamiko established.

szZdFiq.png

Lirin caps strength, making her & Rex the only ones to have done that before promotion.

DqV3qEW.png

Yeah, nobody's hitting Emma anytime soon. A support with Ben + B support with Lyam + forest = 0% Hand Axe fail.

Po1Lzfi.png

Reinforcements start pouring in from now until the start of turn 10, meaning lots of experience to be had. Kelik, Lyam, Ben, and Emma handle the southeastern reinforcements while Lirin, Kevin, and Rex will deal with the southwestern ones.

mHa1wSV.png

Anakin will get the ones nearest to Cid all to himself.

yaOWZCE.png

Everyone else not killing reinforcements will deal with the northeastern groups.

uVTL1QX.png

Effective damage is fun. Doubly so when Rex decides to crit and do 126 damage. This was his first attack in melee range since promoting too. Have I mentioned why I like Rex so damned much yet?

o0yOY7Y.png

This is going to be what happens when any enemy attack Anakin more or less.

9uBRDpQ.png

Skill cap for Shuuda and more defense. Nice!

Hv5fePJ.png

Tamiko clears out a spot so Eduardo can move to there and get some killings going.

JOOjhiP.png

Having Anakin solo the reinforcements near Cid is going to result in quite a few level ups for him before this chapter is over with.

BD2L3jX.png

Gotta say, I like Anakin's crit animation.

8TJjCod.png

Counter killing four enemies a turn will do wonders for boosting one's own level.

wUfdRyw.png

Not even sure if I'll use Tekun past this point, but hell, he can wall up in a forest just fine so might as well let him do work.

gCS4t62.png

Get some strength soon or so help me god I'm going to give you rings that look cool to boost your strength.

hw31Nk5.png

That's two pointless criticals for Rex thus far on the map. Gotta love it!

fpV9KhP.png

Honestly, this is all Anakin really needs to be a good utility character.

XFnErOc.png

Someone not named Anakin gaining a level. Cia gets this clearing out a space for Tekun to move into.

6VmFPl1.png

# of enemies sentenced to death by a critical from Rex = 3

GwfW0jv.png

Yeah, not much to say at this point. Just killing reinforcements as they appear, however mundane they are.

RJbGCIP.png

Sheesh, this has become a popular level as of late. Not complaining though.

ZCDCGPU.pngdw8w2d4.pngwVaNNuW.png2V7SBvf.png

Last batch of levels before the reinforcements are all wiped out.

Fd0cJ3Y.png

Free Hero's Flare? Works for me!

gxOzjsR.pngyfQjnI3.png91JNnsL.png

Got a group ready to take out Cid on the last turn so might as well end this. He hasn't changed stat wise from his appearance in 5x, but he swapped out his droppable Boots for something that could be very dangerous if he used it. Quite powerful, but more importantly, it hits the enemy's resistance, not defense as most other physical weapons are like.

Of course, I'm going to be killing him before he can switch to that, but that also presents a small problem. Anyone with a tanked luck score and low defense had best stay out of combat with him.

aYbENKf.pngzOTpvyj.pngC6FYpHd.png

Emma & Kevin get the first hits off, already putting Cid on the ropes. Kevin apparently wants to invalidate magic hits too which is fine by me.

Of course, I think only one person gets the right to attempt a kill here.

MnZKzPm.pngMXNWLuV.png

Cid confirmed for super dingbat tier. He kills anyone that's even the slightest bit traitorous, up to and including Rex's mother.

45sRQWE.png

You know, this would probably be true for a more average Rex. Mine though is beating Cid out in every stat except hp & skill.

X4Rtpur.png

Cid, there are two problems with what you just said. First, you are on 6 health and Rex gets to attack first so if he hits, you're dead.

The second problem? Talking trash to Rex.

Pm3A0b7.png

Rex doesn't take kindly to trash talk and thusly sentences you to death by a critical hit. Didn't even need help in weakening you down too for that matter (in theory at least).

WrUh7cq.png

You know what? I am perfectly fine with this level. The Adamant Lance is the real prize here.

Not much happens afterwards. Just your usual "Yay we saved Aegis" chant as the chapter comes to a close.

Another chapter with enough images going on to be split into two parts.

[spoiler=Ch20 Part 1: Chapter 7x is Not Something to Take Inspiration From]sw1ACwt.png6C9G6fe.png

Off to Blaine next. Surely nothing can go wrong upon arrival.

ODGtTl7.png3Hr2TWU.pngSfQEZli.png

Actual faces for some of the more higher up figures of Magnus as evil bad guy plans are discussed.

27L3alz.png

I see news of Rex's rampage is already reaching Emperor Louis. Good!

ef1BuOx.png

Howard seems like he wants a chance to redeem himself for his tainted past. Well then...

BzWSCFi.png

I say we give him a chance. When Cia talked to Howard back in chapter 18, this is the end result of that. That makes three Magnians now fighting for the rebellion. Lovely, isn't it?

oJDesxz.pngPz9j2oY.png

Things are going wrong. Apparently someone in Blaine forgot to turn their sensors to "detect rebellion members" instead of the "Magnian army coming" setting.

Well, might as well kick off the slow fight once again.

8AvgWA3.png4YH0g23.png

Free items! The Celestial Ring is a quick 5000 gold at this point while the Heaven Seal is going to be reserved for Kelik when he hits lv20.

r7XnA77.pngCgCS9j0.pngf6REyGr.png

So many new faces to the team, including someone waiting in the village to the west. Might as well see what each one is like, shall we?

1ye9E1V.pngd4FFUwW.png

First up, Yue, the first user of Dark class magic. Part of his problem right out of the gate is that awful speed combined with the weight of most Dark tomes. He really needs to get speed on several of his level ups so he isn't getting doubled by everything in existence if he uses anything higher than Flux. Luckily, his strongest growths are hp, magic, and speed. Still though, 7 levels isn't exactly enough breathing space to pray for a unit to not be speed screwed.

Also, that Amulet in his inventory will boost the hit & avoid of whomever holds it by 10 points each. Pretty handy!

mKf0BWB.pngCk0zELp.png

Sai, despite his low starting level, has very much the same kind of potential Rex had in being very damned good when built up. Very nice bases coupled with good growths aside from resistance. To boot, he comes prepared for the primary enemy type in this map with that Dragon Axe of his. Oddly enough, that con of his, despite him using axes as a primary weapon, is a bit low for him to wield some of the better axes without tanking his AS.

However, should you get him to promote to Warrior, he could be very adept at using heavy bows. I won't be using him, but rest assured, he is good when properly trained.

Also, fun fact...before version 2.0 of the hack, Sai had only 8 speed, no Dragon Axe, and was equipped with a Steel Axe. Imagine how fun that was, heh.

YvTbwRA.pngoGkIiI4.png

Finally, here's yet another Magnian turned rebellion member, Howard. While his growths aside from hp, speed, and resistance are middling, his bases are good. He's also able to use swords, spears, or axes, giving him lots of flexibility for handling whatever enemy he comes up against.

The best part though? He's my backup plan to make Rex more awesome because Ace got stat screwed something fierce. Also, not only can he support with Rex, he can support with Kevin too. Support triangle with three former Magnians? Yes indeed!

905zZR1.pngMg415il.png

First order of business...yep, Mine glitch time! I'm only changing the equipment of a few specific enemies though to get some useful tools for the upcoming battles.

p5gcydj.pngJ1pqd7D.png

Zane here has one of the three items I want, that beautiful spear he's wielding. It has 1-2 range, 19 mt, 90 hit, boosts the wearer's resistance by 5, and has the Delphi Shield effect. Of course, that make him quite the nasty boss if you're playing fair. I swap in a Silver Lance & Spear from nearby enemies to make him not so useless in combat.

KpLzrBr.pngHF8RcRC.pngg6AI4gs.png

The end results of my Mine glitch swapping around. Yes, I kept weapon on because I want some semblance of challenge here...though considering this map, I don't know why I did that.

c0wyyzW.png

Hell, the game is mocking me for not doing that with what might be the earliest time I've seen an empty level crop up on anyone.

tm4D6qB.pngvZt2Swy.png

Lyam sets up a B support with Eduardo. Base 61 crit with his supports in range and using a Killer Lance. Pretty nice!

YtmOIIR.pngretGDkT.pngBTOyxE0.pngkeOQRfm.png

The best strategy here is to turtle up in the forests at the start. There are going to be quite a few flyers making their way over to your team and you don't want any squishies getting nailed by a few of them at once as they actually do good damage when they connect.

wQusVGk.pngS6W9EOu.png

Of course, some of the attacking flyers find certain targets that can counterkill them. Tamiko does that to one of the Wyvern Riders that attacked her for an odd level, given her class.

OXVSy0r.png

Kelik's going to have to get some serious killing going since he needs to hit lv20 before I'm letting him use the Heaven Seal to promote.

xyVjtD0.png

Well, there goes the prospects of seeing a capped strength Shuuda before promotion.

zHxrsK7.png

Meanwhile, Rex is being his usual self.

Xig2bkn.png

This is one of the biggest dangers early on and the reason why you don't want to simply rush forward. Wyvern Lords are fairly tanky and hit hard. Luckily, Lirin has Ben, Emma, and maybe Lyam to back her up in slaying this beast.

tU3Ypo2.pngIdELKWZ.png

Beast is dead, speed is gained, and an Elysian Whip is dropped for Lirin to use when she gets a chance.

Now, I suppose it's best to explain why I don't like this map. See that passage between the mountains south of the Wyvern Riders? You have to funnel everyone through THAT on top of forests being peppered around, slowing your movement further. I've never really payed much attention until now, but the last few chapters are some of the worst in terms of design (and challenge in some cases).

lO6sBlo.png

Might not be apparent, but Howard actually got hit by this attack. Dammit RNG that isn't funny! Oh well, Free staff exp for Anakin to get at least.

ZWVHwS2.png

Finally some strength, sheesh.

zPXtHld.png

Lirin gets promoted. Talk about a very odd Falcoknight with those kinds of stats, heh.

ZhqxqgK.png

Capped luck Anakin. Works for me!

UQGNMiG.pnghhHQFkz.png

Really should have taken more pics of the field instead of battle pics like this. Betcha it gets a bit boring seeing the same outcome repeated over and over. At least Eduardo is embracing the scythe spear powers.

92iHw2y.png

Especially when such powers lead to an enemy granting him a level.

Part 2 should be coming quickly here.

[spoiler=Ch20 Part 2: Every Boss is Probably Dying Like This]

Alrighty, might as well have Rex walk up to this Wyvern Rider and weaken it for someone else to kill. He's not near his supports so what's the worst that could happen?

zRNEPPk.png

He crits anyways, despite the odds.

SGJq4IT.png

He then decides that his Javelin tossing is not strong enough and takes corrective measures to remedy that.

T16CBvg.png

A support Rex & Kevin, sweet.

Also, I still haven't bothered to move much beyond the start. That's about to change though as most of the flyers that move at the start are now dead.

HvirWo1.png4ToT11T.png

More crit kills, especially on the idiot Bishop. Yeah, this one RUSHES you and he doesn't even have a weapon on him. All he had was a Physic staff that I lifted in my Mine glitch use earlier.

yhG6mwz.pngfV819PN.png

Eduardo finally hits lv20 so he'll be promoting shortly.

yEv23dE.png

As if Rex needed any more support power, heh.

fAbVeOF.png

Random free weapon get!

IeP1vFy.png

Eduardo promotes. He just needs a bit of speed and I think he'll be in good shape.

EFPzbI0.png

More supporting. I can't wait to see how this support triangle works out when it's running at full power.

vDGhoZx.png

Can't complain about any levels Shuuda gets that contain some kind of defensive boost.

XmNjWZq.png

Eduardo & Shuuda bag an easy Wyvern Lord kill here.

muwJwh4.pngsSrjTVw.png

This Wyvern Rider can be a nasty wake up call if you get caught off guard because of that Silver Lance. At least Kelik could drop it with a bit of artillery fire from other units.

t10GiQk.png

Free Elixirs, why thank you random Knight.

8xISNC3.png

Might as well set up a small support between these two.

PgsDom5.png

Oh hey, the Onigiri is finally getting some action.

8s22nzS.png

Though maybe that sword eats up good levels if this is anything to go off of.

QDuYBCa.png

Anakin's got one more staff rank to go and he'll be able to use Physic staves.

UCkOsud.png

Eh, could have been better. Wonder if anyone leeched any of his stats for their own level.

caEM7q8.png

Looks like it was this guy because he was hitting lv20 and didn't want to crash and burn right at the end.

f7mOOPw.png

Not bad at all. Also, he gets a passive +15 boost to his crit rate which is always nice.

lpQixAS.png

Delphi Shield #2, yes please!

OaXQ4sh.pngiUkIfvI.png

Gotta love free Physic staves.

1mrRpJJ.png

This Sniper can potentially be nasty due to a new weapon, the Bloody Rifle. Bad accuracy, but it's essentially a Killer Longbow if you will. Definitely don't want a low avoid unit getting in range of this dingbat unless your Shuuda who's support powers give him enough evasion to largely shake off the incoming attack.

buIXt3V.png

Speaking of Shuuda, he's ready for a promotion now. Wonder if he'll get a good first level after promotion.

u1GTWnk.png

Shuuda's partner in crime did just that.

qxVTS87.png

Check out just how narrow that passageway is. It's silly is what it is if you ask me.

AqENaM9.pngZgzxr0O.png

Meanwhile, Eduardo counterkills some Cavaliers via criticals.

oMLk2cX.png

Shuuda promotes. That con might not seem very good for wielding axes, but Shuuda's speed is high enough that he can use, say, a Steel Axe and still likely double most enemies at this stage in the game.

23Rwhcn.png6oqvrTV.png

Meanwhile, I'm so confident in Rex's dodging abilities while in a forest that I have him lure in THREE Wyvern Lords at the same time. Two of those three get severely damaged from counterattacks with Rex taking no damage whatsoever. God he's good, isn't he?

xuqgFzF.png

More strength!

f53EYeO.png

Physic staff #2 get!

noh1g0l.png

Getting close to the end finally. Not many enemies left now.

2PRGnZr.png

To be honest, this is all Lyam needs to be good. Everything else is a bonus really.

MpMCwno.png

This works!

R6Jv05p.png

This...not so much.

mZJ3FjN.png

More luring out powerful enemies and not getting hit. That's just how Rex does business. Gotta like the effect on Rex's weapon too.

f9Ev52f.png

Please keep being awesome Rex, thank you.

GXqXK9E.png

I stand by the previous statement.

A07RZLu.png

Awesome! Getting this will allow me to do something in the next chapter that I usually wouldn't do otherwise.

A3kriqx.png

Elixirs!

vqSloA2.png

Magic!

cj6AE4y.png

Finally decided to get more than one stat didn't you? Thanks!

WNGnoDz.png

Back at the start, I had Sai sell some junk and pick a few Mend staves and I believe some weapons too. This is going to be the last shop you'll have access too for a couple chapters so make sure you've got enough weapon to last you.

G3eNvz5.png

So yeah, remember how tanky Zane was? Pretty good stats actually.

dG1qUk5.png

The problem is that Rex is simply too strong for even Zane to handle and dies from a single critical thanks to Rex's supports.

fZuUJh4.png

Also, he now has a 1% better chance of critical hitting his foes.

jFnrYt4.png

So, turns out some members of Magnus posed as rebels and attacked Blaine. Clever move I have to say.

7MJh1om.pngyA4jSEt.pnghPPFHOW.png

Either Lanmark is a brilliant strategist or Leopold is a complete dunderhead. I can't decide.

Anyways, that's chapter 20 all wrapped up.

Next time: More returning characters!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Yue, Sai, Howard)]

Yue's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 30%

Mag: 70% Def: 25%

Skl: 45% Res: 35%

Spd: 55%

Yue's growths aren't too bad, but being lv13 with all of 10 speed means he needs to hit that growth rather frequently if he wishes to not be left in the dust. Luckily, if he turns out subpar or doesn't interest you, there's a future user of Dark magic that may be up your alley.

Sai's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 50%

Str: 60% Def: 30%

Skl: 50% Res: 20%

Sai may need a bit of help getting going, but with those kind of growths coupled with his low starting level, he's got plenty of potential. His 10 con though might hamper him a bit if he wants to use axes, but with a promotion, he can turn into a solid bow user.

Howard's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 20%

Str: 35% Def: 25%

Skl: 30% Res: 40%

Spd: 40%

Good thing Howard's bases are good because some of those growths are a tad disappointing. Even so, his ability to use a sword, spear, or axe as needed makes him versatile as all hell. Good support options also help his case such as Rex, Kevin, or even Cia.

Time for another update!

[spoiler=Ch21 Part 1: Lots of Enemies, Lots of Slaughter]WPLDk18.png

Levion's tasked to find the King and protect him with his usual cutscene powers.

DEkLr5h.png

This cheeky bastard thinks he can kill the king with his army. Problem, is, my army is smaller, but way more powerful. Joke's on him!

Now, the goal of this map is to survive for 15 turns. Not that hard to be honest, but there's a multitude of reasons why you don't want to do that. Besides, this isn't FE7if and most of the enemies will fall to one or two good attacks, tops.

Also, make sure to bring Ben along. He's needed to recruit Risk.

hgecBMA.pngk2YILdl.png

First and foremost, Levion is back on the field and will stay around permanently this time. If you wanted to level him, you'll find out quickly that his growths are awful save for hp & skill. The problem with that is very soon, 16 speed is going to be a bit of a liability for any serious combatant to have. There will be a way to fix that speed some on this map though (not that I'm using Levion longterm since Howard's my main Paladin).

sBI9oIk.png55NheY3.png

A rather hilarious bug crops up if you get Rex with a B support or higher with Howard. You're not even supposed to be here yet Arthur!

wo4ltw6.pngABbvnHK.png

From hilarious to embarrassing...honestly, why are these Pegasus Knights even here? They're weak as all hell and will gleefully suicide into the nearest member of my army in record time. Hell, there's two more of these weaklings in the northwest.

TvtE7f0.png

Emma gets the honor of starting the murder train for this chapter. Any squishies would do well to take cover in a forest if they're going to attack an enemy with a half dozen more waiting in the wings since it is quite possible to lose one if enough of them gang bang your poor unit.

Other than this, it's mostly just getting everyone into position and seeing who the enemy suicides on for the first enemy phase.

eFlu731.png3IIAS1g.png

Anakin blows up a poor Cavalier that attacked him for an ok level.

7GXhfTT.pngcbPtHa3.png

Howard gets three enemies to suicide into him, but doesn't fare much better in securing a decent level.

2sX1Pqg.png

Oh dear, what ever am I going to do if Eduardo takes 1 damage should that 6% chance to hit connect? At least this Archer had a chance to hit.

6VsR5Y3.png

This one? Not so much.

jjdWUHq.png

You know, I think I should have handed Rex the Amulet since his first couple of turns usually involve counterkilling enemies that step into the forests to attack him. No worries though as he kills this Mage.

ywmA6eK.png

There's the token enemy annoyance factor. Was wondering when it would show up.

SaDZRj6.png

Leopold evacs the king out of the battlefield. Not like he was in any danger you know, but the help is appreciated.

apewdrR.png

Yeah, I did quite a bit of counterkilling in that enemy phase and there's still a giant clusterfuck of enemies. Treading lightly in the first couple of turns is a good idea until the herd is thinned out some.

VKAMbSw.png

Still need to get Anakin to a B rank to use Physic staves so he's going to be doing more healing than attacking or extra turn granting. At least he got a good level here.

ltbTj2g.png

That's the last of the pointless flyer brigade.

FNGbZ0G.png

Pointless criticals! Seems everyone wants to be like Rex. Can't say I blame them.

tQTZAB2.png

See previous remark about not wanting to rush ahead. Lirin can't take many hits like this all at once.

SL52ZbR.png

Rex is one shotting Mages. Anyone surprised by this? I'm sure not!

lebLPMQ.png

I'm also not surprised he got more resistance. For the record, his average resistance is 10.8...at 20/20. So much for the man that's supposed to have low resistance eh?

rUufY2W.png

More 0/0/0 hijinks!

e64aUYa.png

More healing dingbats being annoying!

NBgqhp6.png

Reinforcements that would just steal my precious experience that is. He forgot to mention that.

UGxqtUa.png

Now, there's a bit of a problem. I was intending for this Fighter highlighted here to attack Rex at range, but the idiot Myrmidon parked his ass there first so I have to fall back and wait another turn.

7wa8rvl.png

This is about the only thing of note besides having my Magnian trio fall back this turn.

fEEaxrQ.png

There, the one Fighter I want to bait into attacking at range has at least six potential squares to do it from. No way the other enemies are going to be able to screw it up this time.

EOrAatD.png

Another enemy phase and the token suicidal enemy this go around selects a death by Cia. She gets a good level out of the exchange.

JHc8BNq.png

My plan worked finally. This Fighter has two weapons and will drop whichever one he isn't using upon his death.

ymMlF72.pngno4OXhY.png

Before I kill that Fighter, the Physic dingbat finally gets taken out.

ArYb3ud.png6LzwxQf.png

Let's just say all the enemies you see in that screenshot with the exception of the Warrior will be dead before the next enemy phase. Oh, and Howard getting a useful stat from leveling up. That too.

As for that Mage? Don't get too attached because Rex wiped him out in a single hit.

WIio4Ts.pngOUEHxT1.png

Kelik wipes out the Fighter I baited into attacking at range and gets a shiny Devil Axe. Yes, it has that ever looming chance of a reversal, but the weapon gives out massive axe experience when used. Any E rank axe user could get up to, say, C rank or better in only a handful of attacks.

RtvDZ6A.pngcOfYAAk.png

Lirin continues on her quest to be the oddest Falcoknight ever.

KgM4fSL.png

Busting out a Physic staff for the first time to keep Ben healthy.

8IYUZSj.png

Tamiko can use Divine tomes now. Not bad.

kfoCgM9.pngHCDqVrZ.png

Turns out I lied when I said that Warrior wasn't dying this player phase since Rex manages to land two coin flip hits to kill him, netting the team a free Steel Bow in the process.

Nothing at all happens on the enemy phase.

tw32Q3U.png4bseHhK.png

So, remember when I said you shouldn't rush ahead unless you want to get swarmed and killed? Rex is the exception to that rule, especially when two thirds of the enemies can't even scratch him. He's also one away from capping strength for the record (Fun Fact: Average strength for a 20/7 Rex is 21.4. Just throwing that out there.).

xz9ZO6k.png

It's only turn 5 and if I wanted to, I could have Rex walk up and counterkill the boss on the next turn since he has Sylmeria available. I don't want to do that just yet though as I have other tasks to do first.

Dza3YRr.png

Kevin gets his B support with Howard. I'll probably get a C support between Howard & Cia set up in the next chapter since, hell, Howard's got the space for it so why not.

Cn5uh3F.png

Counterkill spree is on for the next enemy phase as this Cavalier finds out the hard way thanks to Ben.

84ZWjjn.pngK3S38nO.png

Oh hey, a Shaman that could do double digit damage to Rex? What a shock!

PnzV9ZS.png

Turn 6 and reinforcements begin showing up in groups of four from the southwest for a few turns.

bpvUMzg.png

One of the southwestern reinforcements gets Rex'd while everyone else plays catch up.

qUEIX5o.png

Using the Devil Axe is a risky move, but the potential axe experience is worth it. Kevin connects with this hit despite the odds and doesn't suffer a reversal.

aUE1CpT.png

More Physic staff use.

5Sn6H5w.png

Tamiko might be on her way out once Anakin gets his B rank in Staves.

jYmtAAg.png

Lyam drops a random Cavalier.

Part 2 should be up soon

[spoiler=Ch21 Part 2: New Arrivals]CUGHAEh.png5mjmdfg.png

A pointless critical nets Eduardo a level. Next time he levels up, his hp will be capped.

5ZlgEv0.png

Free weapons are always nice. Doubly so when it's a high quality one like this.

k5Q0vUR.png

The usual enemies that can't hit the broadside of a barn continue to pour in and get themselves killed.

mX9D16z.png

I find it amusing Ben has more resistance than defense, despite having a lower growth in the former. I guess his training to better steel himself against magic users is really paying off, heh.

1xpG8Ya.pngx6p39UF.png

More enemies wasting time attempting an attack that wouldn't have done damage in the first place, then...

toCDLuf.png

Well now, look who has arrived. Too bad he's on the other side of the battlefield where nothing is happening and is kinda terrible for combat at this point thanks to bad growths.

yABtqv9.png

He brought friends though. Storm & Arthur are going to need some specialized training next chapter if either wants to be combat viable, but still...who's the other guy?

JDPcsj6.pngJZQv2oQ.png

I think we're in business with regards to a real axe user now, heh. Remember back in chapter 9 where Haas got Liquid to escape? This is the end result of that and the main reason I never bothered training up Mark.

While Liquid seems a bit weak besides strength & speed, believe me, he can turn into an absolute monster once leveled up. He's got absurdly good strength, skill, and speed growths, the three stats a Berserker wants the most. Hp growth is a tad weak for someone of his class, but hardly disappointing. Lowest growths go to luck, defense, and resistance, but even then, each one is around 30-35% which isn't super bad by any means.

Still though, there's one thing that makes Liquid extra special...he has Lethality. Yes, the Assassin's instant kill move in the hands of a Berserker, complete with all the bonus experience on an instant kill that brings.

PcGPfxw.pngS8V2olG.png

Meanwhile, more murder happens out west with the game throwing me a sign, telling me that perhaps I should stop using the Devil Axe this chapter before someone lands on the Death Count list.

3bNLY9s.png

Clearly I'm not listening to those signs, but Howard missed this hit anyways.

v5XGMsn.pngBvo3Ln5.png

More of the same really.

ctgLvgh.png

Emma's doing quite well for herself, getting a good level frying an enemy.

4sHxRgI.pngKkh2r1B.png

The rest of this turn is basically everyone grabbing a target and murdering it.

g73XZGs.pngUlShC7W.png

Finally, I can get around to some of those other tasks I've been needing to do like talking to Risk and converting him to the side of good.

IudADbQ.png7ma6qI2.png

Risk is actually not that bad of a unit. Solid bases with good growths in the stats he wants the most (strength/skill/speed). His luck growth is garbage, but he starts out with such a high base that it's not going to be an issue. Certainly combat capable when he starts gaining some levels, that's for sure.

Also...

jxvGmaM.png

He brings a shiny new weapon. Good stats and infinite uses, but requires an A rank in swords to use. Howard or any other sword user will make good use of this.

woed7uX.png

Risk gets himself out of the boss's attack range quickly.

Now, I suppose I can kill that Sage from range so the boss doesn't come screaming down my way. I wonder who I could possibly use for this...oh hell, you all know who I'm sending in to nuke the dingbat!

cVuAjX2.png0udplCP.png

Welcome to the strength cap my man.

Also, Speedwings!

pglJmfF.png

Start getting some strength you idiot, thank you.

QQGX0nv.png

Random green unit dude dies to what is basically a renamed Luna tome.

GK0fJqT.png2BKMhrA.png

Said tome is now mine, thanks for dropping it chief!

htlD9dW.png

The last wave of reinforcements is a pair of Mages & a Shaman for a few turns.

DsUMiz3.png

More magic for Cia as she begins her quest to hopefully be a Physic user.

9qXOMwv.pngDwrHKA0.png

Ok, maybe bringing up Liquid who has all of 2 resistance wasn't a bright idea. He survived, but he got hit hard.

3lbw4Hh.png

Luckily, Anakin's right there to heal him up, getting a good level.

0ks4Etg.png

Closing in on the turn limit so it's time to clear out the last wave of magic users.

lyVDTsW.png

Well I'll be damned, Howard finally got himself a good level.

pqDnNeU.png

To be honest, I think this is punishment for nearly getting him killed by two magic users.

HDAFsoL.pngtwxhHg8.png

For all his talk about wanting to kill the king, he's sure not very durable, despite a decent magic score.

KVhXBIw.png

Made sure Rex had a couple slots in his inventory free before engaging the boss with his supports in range.

HwIsyi1.png

Well, let's see Eligor, you have...

Fokowl1.png

Oh nevermind, you're getting Rex'd so why does it matter, heh.

EF10d1E.png

Rex gets a little more resilient against magic attacks. You know, the kind of attacks he usually gets rocked by.

HXNXbX2.png

Free Elfire is nice, however...

zcRxDAL.png

This is much better. This secret is obtained by killing Eligor before the 15 turn limit is up. At this point, it'll be the last secret you'll be getting until the endgame stages so that's good I guess.

xKUI631.pngb1q39P8.png

Well, isn't Galagar the most smug faced dingbat who just smoked four Soldiers at once.

gc1Bzut.png

...Louis, your a HUGE idiot. If you really wanted this rebellion to be struck down, you could have, you know, ORDERED Galagar to roast Siegfried when they first met. This would have never happened otherwise.

UcLcKf1.png

The king of Blaine is a lazy idiot, valuing his own nation over trying to provide help for Siegfried's rebellion. He apparently forgot the part where the rebellion saved his ass, but to each his own.

QjWJAmf.pngKxqmo6x.png

Looks like Leopold chewed the king out because he's bringing money and his services as a sign of apology. Ok then!

VkzSzhQ.png

Uh, why give me an option here? I'm going to get everything so what's the...

Wr6tBUR.png

Dammit Siegfried I could use that gold you idiot!

Oh well, we get Leopold on the team at least. If you turned down his offer to join the team, you would get 10k gold as well as Sylmeria. Losing the gold stinks, but thank the lovely leader of the rebellion for THAT one.

Anyways, before closing this update out, let's see what Leopold is like, shall we?

IQnVMM4.pngPM9j3rh.png

Leopold's not that bad actually. His bases are very much what you'd expect out of a typical Wyvern Lord and his growths reflect that to an extent. Hp, strength, and defense are his best growths, but his speed growth isn't all that bad either. Just be wary near magic users as his resistance is very low and won't get much better, if at all.

Is he worth giving Sylmeria up for? Hardly. Since I have it via Mine glitching, I get a free Brave Sword for the pile, but more importantly, I can show off a glitch next chapter.

Next time: The worst Assassin in Fire Emblem history.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Levion, Haas, Liquid, Leopold, Risk)]

Levion's growths:

Hp: 95% Luk: 15%

Str: 25% Def: 25%

Skl: 40% Res: 25%

Spd: 20%

Hope you like Levion's bases as most of them aren't going to be improving at an appreciable speed with those kind of growths. Speed is the worst offender because very soon, enemies will be getting serious and he can very quickly get left in the dust. I prefer Howard over Levion for this very reason since he at least has an acceptable growth there.

Haas' growths:

Hp: 110% Luk: 35%

Str: 40% Def: 20%

Skl: 25% Res: 20%

Spd: 25%

Much of what was said about Levion's poor growths and speed issues can be applied to Haas as well. He does have the advantage of having a ranged weapon type available, but still, liabilities are something I can't afford to have at this stage of the game. Besides, Storm's likely going to blow him out of the water if he's seen any kind of decent training.

Liquid's growths:

Hp: 65% Luk: 35%

Str: 60% Def: 30%

Skl: 80% Res: 35%

Spd: 85%

Liquid's a beast when trained up, simple as that. Stellar growths, passive crit bonus for being a Berserker, and Lethality. You can't get much better for a dedicated axe user than this man if you ask me.

Leopold's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 25%

Str: 50% Def: 40%

Skl: 30% Res: 10%

Spd: 35%

Leopold is very much like your typical Wyvern Lord with his growth spread. He's certainly not a bad unit by any means, but is it worth not having 10k gold and a very awesome spear? Hardly, unless you Mine glitched yourself the awesome spear back in chapter 20.

Risk's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 15%

Str: 45% Def: 30%

Skl: 60% Res: 30%

Spd: 55%

Risk is pretty useful right out of the gate. Solid bases, good growths besides luck (but his base luck is 20 so that's not an issue). He just needs a good surge of strength & speed and he'll be quite combat capable and a worthy endgame unit.

Edited by LunaticScreamer

Morning update time.

[spoiler=Ch22: The Worst Assassin in Fire Emblem History]4WK5Z3h.png

Ambush eh? Are you sure you don't want Cero to attack their weak spot or anything Galagar?

ZvizrWr.pngGbFLt7L.png

Cero, it's not a good sign when one of your own is losing his mind over the very idea of killing. That means you'd better reel him in or he's joining the good guys by the end of the chapter I assure you.

pAgD2BH.pngf8QUgq7.png

Meanwhile, Shon & Anakin are here for treasure. Too bad I'm selling the Heaven Seal for gold because my team's already filled to the brim and Shon isn't exactly cut out for the big leagues.

msLTiHP.png

Can't let you do that Star Fox Anakin.

Also, Shon isn't even acknowledged by the boss in any way. Poor guy.

hoU9Adk.png

Oh how I wish I could put someone else in your place here, but oh well.

Now, before I get my get my setups in place for this chapter, I'm going to show off a bug, but it's a rather serious one in nature.

lAICXwC.png

For this bug, Leopold has to sacrifice his life. Yeah, he's going on the Death Count list technically, but it's for science. Also, Rex is part of this bug too. I just had him tossing Sylmeria to get an actual damaging non-bow unit in front of Leopold.

iCPIfR9.png

Ok, death quote. Seems normal so far, right?

QH73jop.png

Not so normal now, eh?

So, the biggest question I'm sure you're all dying to know...what happened to Rex?

He disappeared, simple as that. Whenever Leopold dies, Rex disappears. I want to say the reverse is true too, but that would require getting Rex killed and I don't have the heart to do that to my man, heh.

But anyways, back to the bug. I think I know exactly why it's happening.

Recall that in Blazing Sword, Pent & Louise had an auto A support. If one died, the other disappeared instantly.

How does this relate to the matter at hand? Well, if memory serves me right, I believe Rex takes Louise's slot in the Nightmare Editor. Assuming I'm right, then Leopold likely takes Pent's slot. Put two & two together and...well, there you go. That's the best explanation I can come up with.

One last thing...don't think you can keep Rex out of the battle and sidestep this. He'll still disappear if Leopold dies.

Now then, time to reload a savestate at the preparations screen and do this chapter properly.

CII25up.png4YiKycK.pngdg6tuRH.png

Shon gets his sword, a Heaven Seal, and confirmation that his personal sidequest has been completed.

F0SEHxE.png

Silvans is a crazy powerful weapon. Yeah, it's going to tank Shon's AS to oblivion and probably make him get doubled by almost everything, but it's high power coupled with the brave effect means he can probably wipe out whatever threat he attacks before they even think about doubling him.

Also, Silvans boosts strength, speed, and defense by 3. Not bad at all.

If you didn't complete the sidequest correctly, I believe Silvans is a bit weaker & lighter. Not that it really matters in the end since I generally don't use him past this point unless I'm forced to.

M2I8tcI.png

Storm rescues Shon. I want him to be attacking only once per turn as much as I can help it to get more experience out of each enemy before he kills it.

ELEOPI5.png

A weaponless Rex is guarding the eastern staircase. With his supports nearby, he's not taking any damage right now, assuming anything actually connects.

dE46X87.png

On the west side, Leopold is weaponless and acting as the guard there. He does take damage, but it's only a couple points, enough for someone like Anakin or Cia to patch up and get staff experience.

Still, there's one problem...every enemy here, if memory serves me right, can perform instant kills. They are from an elite Assassin group after all.

0b6suEK.png

All that makes this individual VERY scary. Not so much for the damage, but the high crit rate means there's a good chance you could see a character get instantly killed if the RNG hates you enough. Luckily, most of the other enemies go before him so there's some time before I need to gank him down quickly.

On the plus side, he drops that Wo Dao when killed. Kelik might find some use in it I'm sure.

icA4hX2.png

That's a good way to start out your quest to 20 I would say.

SVAuTW2.png

Anakin can use Physic staves now, hooray. Cia will be taking over healing duties now.

au63bdV.png

Liquid's support grinding begins. He'll also grab one with Arthur since he doesn't really have any other options otherwise.

Anyways...might as well show a leveling montage of everyone that got levels in this grind session, even if I'll be jumping around a bit from all the action going on.

aa0WP6P.png2U0GE3t.pngem0YRCL.pngHu09C5s.pngpGFUbr3.png8AquEAO.pngcH1BcNf.png7C9dman.png

Storm refused to get much strength, but it's not too big of a deal. He's still going to be better than Haas as a Nomad Trooper. He had a free Orion's Bolt on him when he rejoined the team so he could at least promote right away.

1JTl2zm.pngS42wI8a.pngbZlmWJn.pngf1OI2RQ.pngAEznVEC.pngsLOMBkq.pngF5qhkl4.pngy5yMvUG.png

Might as well and...ehh, on the fence if I want to bother promoting him next chapter when an Animate Seal pops up. Anakin can use Physic staves and he's not slow as a turtle. He'd be in for the support bonus he gives Liquid currently and that's it.

cOufNho.png

If you've been investing in Mark at all, one of the enemies here drops an Ocean Seal for him to promote with. For me, it's just free gold for the war chest when I sell it.

mtEvNi8.png1XUHqg1.pngzaCaTIc.png

Anakin caps speed as expected. He's also got a batshit high amount of defense for a magic user which is always nice.

D4gBBUw.pngWpGROk0.pngGqzYkQc.png

Cia also managed to secure some good level ups from her healing maintenance work.

Now then, I think Liquid can go axe some fools...oh wait, someone else hasn't gotten their level report!

boW9INM.pngMmua8AJ.png

Yeah, Rex got TWO levels from guard work. He started this chapter halfway to lv10 for reference and was being attacked by two enemies per turn (So, 2 exp per enemy phase). Quite a bit of experience, no?

Also, MORE resistance. So much for being the man that's supposed to get hit hard by magic attacks, heh.

CTRTslP.pngDrajBjC.png

With Storm & Arthur's training complete, I let Liquid run wild on what few enemies remain in the upper half of the map. The level he got in doing so is more in line with what to expect from him.

m3GG9xk.png

Cia's pretty close to being able to use Physic staves. She also picked up a C support with Howard because eh, he had enough room in his support bonus list for one more so why not.

mOyh5sR.png

See this? That's the attack range of a Thunderbolt using Sage to the south. However, with Anakin's help, maybe Storm can...

Rc0H8Bn.png

Nope! Not only did he miss one shot, his other hit failed to crit. Couldn't get his supports close enough in range to tip the balance more in my favor either. Oh well, I'm not going to lose sleep over a missed Thunderbolt tome (Yeah, he drops whatever tome he's not using. Sadly, his other tome is Thunder).

hg5EpXb.png

When you cross into the southern half of the map, Cero says nothing. When you see this come up, that's a sign he's going to start moving towards your team. Despite the mission objective implying you need to kill everyone, you don't. Cero's death will end the chapter.

Also, see that Assassin standing next to Cero's portrait? That's the guy Cero was talking to at the start of the chapter. You do NOT want to engage him in any way, shape, or form. Trust me.

Se8rsRc.pngHN3756x.png

Cero, it's time for a job change if you don't bring a weapon that boosts your crit rate like, say, a damned Killing Edge. You are an Assassin after all.

On the plus side, killing him means I'll be able to promote Althares and finally use him some more. That kid's been largely on the sidelines ever since hitting lv20.

ZuijTJh.png

Oh sure, NOW you crit. Thanks chief!

Di9K38C.pngNwPZKXN.png

Since Cero decided to go left, Rex is going to stand where he is and keep Cero distracted while everyone else goes clockwise around the map, allowing Liquid to kill everything he comes across so he can get some levels. Rex also has weapons again so when I'm ready to end it, he can end Cero's life instantly.

d4OZ5e0.pngBaKS2LH.png

Liquid begins critical hitting everything in his way and gets some precious resistance for himself.

wzWB8eW.png

More resistance!

IGndqnX.png

Cero has caught up to Rex. He can do actual damage to Rex, but only like 10 hp per hit of the Shadow Sword if he connects (Shadow Sword is a 1-2 range weapon as a reminder so there's no worries about counterattacking). I gave Rex some Elixirs as insurance should he need to heal before I'm ready to kill Cero.

cVXm3CQ.png

Free Venom Edge from one of the freshly spawned Assassins. It's not a good weapon at all though (unless it gives mad sword experience when used, I dunno).

0Qlu7mm.png

Cia's acting as Liquid's healer during his rampage. Perhaps she'll hit B-Staves before the end.

vIVy3zF.png

Cero, you are a bad Assassin, you know that? At least one of your buddies had the brains to bring a critty weapon to a fight, unlike you.

TuhQgKs.png

Said buddy just got two axe strikes to the head, died, and gave Liquid a great level. Great job Cero!

rGcic3K.png

Cia can now use Physic staves, nice.

9jwrj21.png

Cero is the worst fucking Assassin of all time. Yes, he had a Shadow Sword to attack Rex at range. However, Cero felt it'd be funny to use his Silver Sword instead for whatever god forsaken reason and lost over half of his life in a single hit. Good thing Rex isn't fast enough to double Cero or that would have been a chapter end right there.

uQLLsO3.pngBEZIZE8.png

Liquid gets one last heal before he cleaves through the last two enemies I want dead.

With that, I think it's time to put Cero out of his misery.

VQNsjkv.png

Sadly, no death by crit this time from Rex. Oh well.

VbUivwz.png

I'm going to laugh so hard if his resistance catches up with his defense. It's unlikely, but it's certainly possible.

Gc7bc3H.png

There's what Althares needs to finally become useful again, thank god.

OhumQQ4.png

Oh hey, Shon's relevant again for like 10 seconds.

ZqTBcFI.pngAcCMSoj.png5Ty1lYZ.png

So, remember that Assassin I told you to ignore? If you didn't engage him in anyway, he'll join the team, meaning that you'll have an Assassin in your ranks, even if you don't plan to use Althares. I'll talk about what he brings to the table in the next chapter.

my0bC3K.pngoZ06t8C.png

Outside, we see a possible reason for Siegfried's reckless behavior as of late.

Kh2pmep.png2qhv8HZ.png

Louis, this is partially your fault you know. Had you ordered Galagar to kill Siegfried & Shon way back when, this would have likely never happened.

...Ok, maybe Rex would have likely owned your ass because he's just that awesome. Still though!

Luckily, Renault Fenix elects to go finally kill the rebels. I'm sure that's going to end well.

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1)

Next time: A competent Falcoknight joins the army!

Update time!

[spoiler=Ch23 Part 1: More Easy Maps!]Llz2CLE.png

Well Siegfried, considering half of their forces are weaklings, I don't fancy there chances. You though are insistent on being reckless no matter what.

s55pVOF.pngk9OB4QF.png

That's code for Siegfried is going to get owned for a SECOND time.

QUtFEOJ.png7iSerAY.pngnkCQdQS.png

Well now, Siegfried provides a reason for his reckless ways. He failed to protect his wife and doesn't want another mistake like that happening, especially to his own son. Can't say I blame him for that line of thought.

Otherwise, business as usual, everyone gets ready to attack a fort so that maybe the nearby villages will provide help or something.

nmBXtBR.pngbTO8kI9.png

First up, I do believe the team got an Assassin for their ranks. While Shadow's bases aren't too bad and his growths aside from strength & resistance quite decent, there's two problems.

First, I don't believe he can steal as an Assassin. Not exactly the worst thing to lose at this point.

N4NlmdL.png

The other thing is far more significant...Shadow doesn't have Althares' innate crit boost, something that all Assassins would love to have. Also, Althares gets to keep stealing, even in the Assassin class. Shadow's kinda useful for one chapter if you don't have the necessary supplies, but that's about it sadly.

One thing to note...bring your Member Card with you. There's a secret shop to be had here.

4j03Jat.png

And here's the reason this map is timed. One of the more significant figures of Magnus is currently engaged in battle not far from this map, meaning there's a 25 turn limit to complete it.

2bp9lry.png3dHfxFC.png

Luckily, the team gets a useful flyer to speed things along, one who joins when the map begins. This is Alice and, unlike Inanna & Lirin, is a competent Falcoknight. Her defensive growths aren't too hot, but the rest of her growths are good. She may not have Lirin's strength, but having actual speed makes up for that. Having high weapon ranks is a plus too.

cDJwt6h.png

First order of business is to hand her a Delphi Shield to keep her safe when near bow users.

hInhPdU.png

Storm & Liquid strengthen their support.

Also, that Cavalier to the north?

uERznCM.png

Well, it's a dead Cavalier now. No lie, I'm fine with this level. Liquid needs every point of resistance that he can get.

Yxao4Tn.png

Everyone wants resistance it seems.

a5pzBTn.pngezj89PV.png

That prize being a death by Rex? Surely he won't talk trash when his executioner comes along.

N0qE6Bw.pngdsgmMzf.pngN8mPvYb.png

Enemy phase is about as predictable as it has been for the last couple of chapters.

sIluWfi.pngokiOa7u.png

Holton's having fun trying to kill everything in a three mile radius it seems.

iBLmgVu.png

Stop Press: Kelik Got Strength, Other Stats Too

2Hk66Yu.png

Honestly, speed is all Eduardo really needs at the moment.

0Xtedfv.pngmNmWk4r.png

Storm & Lyam pull off some Bloody Rifle hijinks to kill a couple unsuspecting Soldiers in the fort.

Q4Lrvsd.png

Two other Soldiers in the fort decided to attack Emma on the second enemy phase. She counterkills both of them of course.

nS4NWiZ.pngoH3QF3J.png

Devil Axe reversal, oh dear. Kevin then decides to crit on his second attack. The Cavalier did not get to cheat death a second time.

s2vdTBw.png

Anakin maxes out. That's capped skill, speed, and luck. Not bad at all.

5D4WUbk.pngvsI9ahL.png

Eduardo's primed to lure out this very special Knight who's holding two weapons, one of which he drops. I don't think I need to say which weapon I'm aiming for here, do I?

jeYUqQ2.png

More murder, more levels. Nothing wrong with more strength & defense on Storm.

kJulelF.png

Cia patches up Kevin after his trial by Devil Axe mishap.

FX5Lrbh.png9UyWTH6.png

Eduardo successfully lure out the Knight, but also attracts a Bloody Rifle Sniper. Not like he was in danger since he could eat a hit from the Knight & a crit from the Sniper if it came to that.

lT2Nc6R.png

Well, I wanted to feed the kill to Rex, but no crit happened so I let Emma take the kill. She's apparently fond of numbers ending in 3 or 7 it seems.

9HMM3wq.png

That's the dingbat Sniper out of the way.

CvZWimg.png

Clearly Kevin's near death experience doesn't faze him from attacking a defenseless Troubadour where he could die if there was a reversal.

YqV01jJ.png

I think this was the only enemy to attack on this particular enemy phase.

2J96DoA.png

This is what should have happened to the Knight in the last turn.

9UxgoGN.png2os3MgN.png

Kevin kills the Mage you see on the right there. Said Mage was using a new tome, Dasher, which is very powerful, but very heavy and low on the accuracy. There's no animation for the spell in 2.1, but I believe the reasoning for that was Blazer losing the animation for it or it got corrupted in some kind of update or something like that.

pzJA52L.png

Eduardo gets a quick heal from range since I've got nothing better to do this turn.

3IJlMl8.png

Well doesn't that just beat all!

4N7w5SW.pngkhtWjFD.png

Eduardo goes on another reckless charge, blowing up a Sage and getting more precious speed in the process.

eL4JzM0.png

Turn 7 I believe and the team is just now breaking into the base. Yeah, the team had to traverse the outer edge of the map first before finding a way in.

OWOlAzd.png

Howard hits S-Axes. Wait until you see what happens to him in the next part!

HU07flv.pngndqSXZw.png

Before this first part of the update closes out, have a couple more easy kills.

[spoiler=Ch23 Part 2: Failing a Trial by Devil Axe]HWZbaKx.png

Ben & Kevin drop a Hero that was just inside the base. Kevin hits S-Spears and gets the Hero's Angelic Robe for the pile.

t09xFMx.png

At the start of turn 8, this cheeky bastard appears. Luckily I can send a couple units over to at least block the entrance to the northwest treasure room.

PDOYIMd.pngi8qwDbk.png

Provided I'm not an idiot and attack like a dingbat with a reversal axe on someone that's already at S-Axes that is. Rewind!

7RADaOz.png1ePzK6t.pngRQqjQnj.png

Also, not being an idiot and sending a low defense unit out to do the blocking. That would help too.

A2Whm5x.png

With a bit of help from Eduardo, Storm drops the Warrior, netting a good level and...

dRY3qVO.png

Emblem weapon #3! Been awhile since one of those was seen.

xiMyATn.png

There goes the threat to the treasure room.

9OCQAiK.png

Cia's on saving near dead unit duty again.

M1yJJAe.pngosgMfZu.pngNMDxSii.png5Lp1Pbt.png

Secret shop! A pretty nice selection here actually. I grab a Heroslayer & Tomahawk initially, then return to pick up an extra Physic staff a bit later.

T9q1mdE.pngPcjJOXy.png

I guess any kind of effective damage works on walls, heh. Kevin was able to bring this one down in a single Halberd strike.

msdRaJc.png9Rwsfbx.png

A General using Cappricio. That could be a threat to low defense units, but not for Kevin obviously. More defense from leveling up can't hurt either.

a4rMGMi.png

Dodging a Flux shot is good too.

aGFCrzp.png

This? Not so fun to see.

Dqoqq5Z.png

Don't worry, I made sure Kelik had enough hp to eat a crit if it happened like it did here.

8SvCNYR.png

Besides, if it means getting more strength, then I'm all for it.

OzOeJUW.png

See? All better thanks to that Physic staff I picked up.

XuIlLRK.pngOMhMqFf.png

Missing a 93% attack is always lovely, but it doesn't save this General when Alice's second strike lands.

IMOremG.png

Eduardo cleans up the last of what remains in the northwest and gets even more speed.

g5RxGko.png

Failing to deal with some commonplace rebels? Have some more faith in Holton's ability to fail there Ivan, thank you.

Also, Ivan says this on turn 10 I believe. Fifteen turns left and my team's not far from the throne room now. They'll be fine.

BG75aEy.pngUJv9KzE.png

Yay counterattacking a Warrior, but you can guess how most of that work was undone.

WlXTFPH.png

So much for healing the Warrior. Liquid crushes him.

z86yD7E.pngln6YxAC.png

Thanks to a pack of Chest Keys an enemy dropped, Howard can do some looting over his next two turns. The Animate Seal sells for an easy 10k gold while the Dragonshield goes to the pile.

jP2oVsP.png

Get. Out.

nWoulLj.png

Alice grabs her first level killing an enemy. Not a bad way to start her leveling career.

tBZjkvq.png

Very few enemies left now.

8Bs2eu3.png

Anakin & Storm up their support another level.

Also, see that Halberdier near Ivan?

zJ8ulQt.pngdfWA9vN.png

He's sporting a new weapon, the Drizzle. It's basically what a Killer Javelin would look like.

J3vhVo3.png

One very dead Halberdier. Rex has a shiny new weapon to play with.

YqJrdi2.pngaH5YSio.png

As for Ivan, he does get slowed down by that Shadow Sword something fierce, but unlike Cero, has a high enough crit rate and attack that you don't want to send your low defense units in to open the festivities.

av6ANph.pngqjQOK5S.pngw5YDDcl.png

Ivan, I wouldn't get overconfident if I were you. It may be your downfall.

N1ubJbz.pngPtQ1CLa.png

*Price is Right losing horn theme here*

M7r465x.png

One word Ivan...

udZxw6h.png

Rex. That's my answer and I hope you like it.

GPRCB5t.png

Oh shut up you dingbat, you had this coming when you talked trash to Rex.

G4lXe9b.png

Also, thanks for making my man even quicker. Capital work Ivan!

bumjPpQ.png

Dangit, get single stat level ups in speed if you're going to do that!

wiCA2Ea.png

See? She understands, why can't you Althares?

bfiZR9r.pngCt6yeD6.png

That's the last of the enemies for this map. Just need to scoop up all the treasures and then Anakin can seize the throne.

iTsieqF.pngdy9kuTp.pngTXgIrMC.pnglR1ZjFq.png

Not a bad haul there.

3dSSwSF.pngxebPBj9.png

You sure will be, considering everyone is doing your hard work.

With that, chapter 23 comes to a close.

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1), Howard (1)

Next time: Power. Lots of it.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Shadow, Alice)]

Shadow's growths:

Hp: 65% Luk: 35%

Str: 25% Def: 30%

Skl: 50% Res: 20%

Shadow is kinda superfluous if your Althares is planning to be in your frontlines as an Assassin. Even then, Shadow doesn't exactly bring anything unique or useful to the team. If I ever use him, it's for one chapter to make getting treasure easier and that's it.

Alice's growths:

Hp: 70% Luk: 50%

Str: 45% Def: 20%

Skl: 45% Res: 25%

Spd: 50%

If your Inanna or Lirin got stat screwed in some way and you still want a Falcoknight soaring through the skies, Alice is your girl. Her defenses might not be the best, but her offensive growths are solid enough to keep her relevant once she's been fed some levels. Having a wide variety of possible supports like Cia, Shuuda, or even Lyam, all solid units, is a plus too.

Morning update!

[spoiler=Ch23x & Ch23xx: Shopping Spree]GIy083C.pngAHU0h9I.pngAWACLWr.png

Said "motivation" may or may not have involved the risk of a death by Rex, but who knows.

In any case, 23x is your chance to do some purchasing to fill Liuke's storage with all the equipment you'll need for the battles ahead. That means I get to clean out my storage of useless Vulneraries and nearly broken or half broken weapon, tomes, and staves.

Also, stat booster distributions too.

H2CNI1I.pngw7njaJu.pngZPAsOSL.png

Anakin & Emma get an Energy Ring each while Emma gets an Angelic Robe.

WTIVgJ6.pngOxRK0lW.png0SvKUXd.png

Ben gets a Dragonshield, Kevin gets the Speedwings, and Shuuda gets both of my Lucky Charms to clean out my stat booster pile.

Now, before starting 23x, make sure to bring along both Storm & Haas. Also, two magic users that aren't Anakin that can use Physic is advised if you want to abuse the arena.

PNMEf43.pngcDFCNJH.png

20k extra gold as the chapter begins. Got quite a bit of gold to play with here, even before factoring in arena abuse.

k8V3rhZ.pngbPzVLiF.png

Having Haas talk to Storm provides you with the fourth and final emblem weapon. With all four emblem weapons acquired, access to 23xx is granted if you let the 10 turn limit for this chapter run its course.

K1FZDfa.pngBc7b9GF.pngEd31DfY.png

The shop furthest to the east has a variety of different supplies in stock. I grab some Physic staves and a couple Ray tomes for Anakin to play with.

hUcr68b.png

Also, fun fact. For whatever reason, these shops seem to suffer some graphical glitches once you've bought enough from it (like 5-6 items at one time I believe). No game freezes occur or anything, but it's amusing at the very least.

CxzKHDm.pngxIJ1ZsV.pngu6Aq3vG.pngWS1L8NP.png

Basically, every weapon type has at least Iron, Steel, and Silver variants available as well as a Killer variant and reaver weapon. Effective weaponry like Hammers, Horseslayers, and so on are usually available too.

Word of advice...pick up a couple Swordreavers & Swordslayers. You'll thank me much later.

4Vdf2wt.pngk35P81f.png

Utility staff shop with some consumables tossed in for good measure. Get at least one Restore staff and perhaps a Barrier staff if you have a bunch of low resistance units.

8dGpTtq.pngmgJMwHQ.pngUL00wCm.png

Tome shop for all classes of magic as well as some healing staves. I tend to stick to Mend staves as my go to healing option since the huge jump in price for Recover would only be justified for a healer with low magic if you ask me.

JhwHEsn.pngmmlQzRx.png0KC5ien.png

Swords & bows shop.

Now then...I think it's time to make a real Berserker out of Liquid in the arena.

EbwPt76.pngZxeguCt.pngs9JvK2S.pngKhaDJ5N.pngqlxKNA1.pngWK46XfY.pngJMaUFlP.pngx74eNPh.pngq2bwFmZ.pngAZvRyb4.png

Yeah. Once Anakin can get over to grant Liquid extra turns in the arena, his level basically shoots up like wildfire. Doubly so if he feels like triggering Lethality in any matches like did in at least half of his fights, if not more.

As for healing, Cia & Emma were there with Physic staves so I didn't have to move Anakin.

oW4zSLf.png8L3lWVH.pngbbgErru.png

Althares took a shot at it himself. While he lacks Liquid's raw power, he still has Lethality to end fights. Now, if he could, you know, get the stat he's known for, he'd be better off (1 speed in 4 levels. Lirin should not be your mentor there chief).

9h5G9xU.pngMgQqrcN.pngZkLw4Yc.png

Now, if you let the 10 turn limit run out and you've collect all four emblem weapons, a mysterious shaking occurs and you're sent to 23xx.

lvdfdMT.png

Fog of War...oh hey, possible Illuminate glitch time?

mcTpMh6.pngBuYAN8Y.png6FuMyAT.png

Random crazy man that decides to absorb the power of your emblem weapons (yet you can still use them), then decides it's time for a good old display of evil.

CvwBe2P.pngATEIJJt.png

This is true actually. Even before you get your first turn, reinforcements spawn and will continue to do so until the boss falls.

Lx6TJK4.png

As you can tell, the enemies have the durability of a wet paper towel. Seems like a chance to grind levels then, eh?

Nope! None of the enemies save for the boss give experience. They do provide a good chance to train up weapon ranks though if you're looking to do that.

8SSODVB.pnghNufL4t.png

Only two chests on the map, but both can have their uses. The Torch will be very useful for Althares to activate during the next chapter while Yue, if you're training him up, could use the Eclipse to gain some easy dark experience, even if it misses a few times.

Now then, I was spamming the Devil Axe until it broke so I could get several units up to C-Axes at a bare minimum.

qF4AFJu.pngltcOBh6.png

This was to be expected in all honesty. Shuuda died twice to Devil Axe reversals in fact.

jveiuwq.pngFgjQ2E0.png

While all the weapon rank & treasure collecting occurred, Storm, Rex, and Emma are making a beeline for the boss. Once there, Storm & Emma can farm the northeastern reinforcements for weapon experience until I'm ready to end this.

Also, Nomad Trooper crits are always awesome to see.

8wRQLU8.pngqYMo6oI.png

Cia actually managed to gain a level off of some healing duty work until Althares picked up his S rank in swords.

PETRKIu.pngFHtbfCx.png

Everyone's done with their weapon rank grinding so it's time to deal with the boss, Nebilim. He's much in the same style as Nergal was from Blazing Sword. Namely, slow as all hell, but with a very powerful S-rank tome, Valenst. Yeah, it's slowing him down to the point where literally anyone can likely double him, but the damage is extremely high, at least 30+ damage on average resistance units. Whomever you send in to kill Nebilim had best have a healer nearby to patch him or her up should his attack connect.

Of course, he has a big fat 0 for luck. You know what that means!

79qacAF.png

I can answer that, but...

TcO4r4G.png

Rex just answered the question for me. Thanks for asking Nebilim, you're so kind!

JZQ2DGJ.png

Hell, Nebilim even admits that Rex is so powerful. What a nice guy.

9vVw8vs.png

Well, except for the part when Nebilim stole all the good level luck with his death....actually wait, Rex is still a walking demon of death dealing so joke's on you Nebilim, ha!

Oh yeah, that Valenst tome is dropped upon Nebilim's death too.

TWKMUd9.pngD1D0TlL.pngCa2zPAu.png

Free loot time? Yes please!

U5oJlJr.pngom1YpOI.pngh3WSmUW.pngssnIssR.pngypnembw.pngzSaEQBj.png

qrrhEUO.png

Holy crap, that's a good set of weapons and a free 10k gold right there.

Think that's it though?

Pvr6Y6Q.png

This item is the true prize for this whole sidequest. When used on a unit, it'll boost their hp by 10 and str/mag, skl, spd, luk, def, res, con, and move by 3. This one item can turn a sub par unit into an awesome one.

KfaQodg.png

Sidequest complete.

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1), Howard (1), Eduardo (1), Shuuda (2)

Next time: Does the game actually get challenging? Yes it does!

Another fairly short chapter, but it sets the tone for what's to follow.

[spoiler=Ch24: An Actual Challenge]nMNBZpu.pngeW6nZBp.png

Siegfried's having a bad dream. Perhaps about impending danger.

F9Wv6l7.pngy890swb.png

Turns out the dream was correct as this mysterious man warns of impending danger. Wonder who or what is coming?

NVQdEqX.pngYadNUpE.pngzVN1hVM.png

Renault Fenix and his army of resurrected corpses, that's who.

Now then...

0p4O59v.pnggdu6O0n.png

Liuke gets to promote. The extra defenses are always useful, but the big prize is that he can now move, meaning he could be used to bait out a dangerous enemy. He's got decent evasion and enough hp to take at least one hit, be it physical or magical.

wNcVinC.png

Took me a bit of thinking, but I decided on Howard getting the Ether Sphere. Considering he has S-Axes, he'll appreciate having the extra con to lift a greater number of them with little or no AS penalties suffered.

Also...bring Siegfried along. He's needed to recruit a party member

0LVSspC.png

Well, just a promoted enemy, can't be that...

WFDxb95.pngJvhUz7I.png

Well then!

If you haven't noticed, chapter 24 is when the kid gloves FINALLY come off and things start getting difficult. The enemy force is going to be nearly 100% promoted enemies with pretty high stats. In this chapter's case though, all the resurrected corpses have 0 luck, making them prone to criticals. That doesn't make them any less dangerous in combat though.

1cTbCGn.pngkqrLJ6P.png

Promoted enemies aren't screwing around with low key weaponry anymore too. You'll likely start seeing stuff like Killer or Silver weaponry with greater frequency from now on.

nOC2cWg.png

Cia opens up with a Illuminate shot aimed at the western side, revealing a bunch of enemies.

qnyVyF8.png

Rex goes and removes one of those enemies from the board. Yes, he is doing a critical here for the record.

4Rvuql0.pngrPqR0p7.png

Howard weakens a Paladin while Kevin kills a Dasher Sage, gaining some more defense from a level up.

ndC3pLG.pngUK5LNXt.pnghlZK82L.png

Kelik pulls off a critical to drop the Nomad Trooper on the east side. A good thing because that one would be very dangerous if left unchecked. Kelik also fails to get any strength, but at least picks up more speed & luck.

E7QPiqi.png

One critical + one normal Hand Axe hit = One very dead Halberdier in the northeast.

bOTXbuw.png

Althares gives the northeast team some extra vision by using a Torch.

FKHrb4p.pngnzkKjbr.pngVeFpwd4.png

Siegfried does his one assigned task for this chapter and that's to recruit Rana in the southeast.

Rana has much of the same problem as Yue does, speed. If that doesn't go up quickly, he's going to have trouble being an effective combatant. At 45% speed, that isn't exactly doing him any favors unless he gets really lucky.

On the plus side? He starts with C-Staves. If you can get that up one rank, his usefulness shoots up immensely, allowing him to be an effective staffbot with Physic spam.

KbT7j2R.pngVNNRZnv.png

This is why I needed to recruit Rana so quickly. In the extreme southeast corner is a Warrior who could easily walk up to Rana to kill him via a double hit thanks to Fenrir's heavy weight.

Ap2UhtQ.png

Not much happened on the west side in terms of the enemy phase.

THaTqa0.pnghdr7hey.png

Like I said, the enemies are very dangerous, especially flyers who can easily come roaring out of nowhere to gank someone. Kelik was not impressed and responded to his attacker with a crit, failing to gain any strength yet again.

4BHGiD1.png

More than half of Storm's hp gone in one hit, but that's ok. He returns the favor with two hits that don't critical.

3gjuXpl.png

You know, I would be annoyed at this healing dingbat, but let's just say his efforts will have been wasted.

MbsX4I0.pngkV5wGGk.png

Not the one that was healed, but rather dropped from full to dead thanks to the Adamant Lance.

mIXkslx.png

So much for healing that Paladin, eh Mr. Bishop?

Oh yeah, that Berserker in the pic above? He has a Killer Axe.

bVcJEpL.png

Get. Out.

xcTBNxQ.png

One away from capping speed. Sweet!

DzblQjn.png

Emma gets a good level finishing off the Warrior that Storm weakened in the enemy phase.

DWLWzdw.png

Despite Lyam's messed up exp gaining, he still manages to be useful in weakening enemies for others to kill off.

gzzRueL.png3YRY35Q.png

Like so. Not going to complain about more luck & resistance on Shuuda.

iPjxiV8.png

Swordmaster with a Wo Dao. Too bad his only target was Kevin.

8ZFfFEG.pngUj3jd7W.png

Kevin shows the Swordmaster how to properly do a critical hit as the Wo Dao goes to storage.

C6w6zgS.png

Brave Bow jerk, oh dear. Luckily Shuuda dodged both hits.

dHGofzv.png

That's not going to work, but thanks for coming forward to get yourself killed.

fArm1RN.pnglnvi4cF.png

I don't think Kevin is going to be worried about being too slow anymore. Good!

Oydp8wV.pngMdaZfMU.png

Althares sends the Brave Bow jerk packing with a Lethality to the face and picks up some speed & skill. He just needs 2 more speed and he'll be set for the next chapter.

U93bkDm.png

Said Brave Bow jerk dropped his backup weapon, a bow with the Fimbulvetr animation. Don't remember if this weapon hits an enemy's resistance or not like the Adamant Lance.

wnNPgRk.png

Oh hey there. I was wondering when you'd show up.

8ECsh96.png

On the downside, Howard failed to crit with one hit and missed another. However, he got a good level out of the exchange.

Now, this Valkyrie has 0 luck like every other enemy. I'll just bring up Liquid with Storm nearby for the support bonus, use the Chainsaw for lulzs, and...

oo81ojZ.png

Base crit rate of 100 anyone? To add insult to injury. this hit proc'd Lethality.

Let's see, a Hero & Fenix left. I could easily wipe them out, but because I feel a little evil today...

osLcJLr.png

Torch glitch? Torch glitch!

bWiFZSw.png

I swear I heard a rumor some time ago that this weapon was set to always do a Devil Axe reversal styled hit on any of your playable characters, should he or she use this. The bit of testing I did before this didn't seem to prove that for me. It just looks a bit funny if you use it from a range of 2.

Regardless...very heavy and requires an S rank in swords, but very very powerful. Oughta be useful.

YjLP8vo.png

That's not good!

KUrsX1X.png

This though is quite damned good. Lyam would prefer more levels like this.

uvMb5uQ.png

Just one more point of speed and he'll be good.

yrcglIF.png

Liquid & Storm pick up their A support. Liquid has a base crit of 105 using the Chainsaw now if he's in range of Storm.

ItqnVVz.png

Fenix goes down and Althares picks up that last point of speed he needed for the next map.

Playing fair, Fenix is much like Nebilim except for the fact he's not slow as all hell and he's not losing very much AS from wielding Nirvana. With a base attack in the low 50s, anyone that can be doubled or critted should stay out of the fight, otherwise you are going to likely die one way or the other.

KN25Um3.pngjJiNCYR.png

Lahar comes in and challenges Siegfried to a game of fixed damage cutscene combat.

HvOOwwE.png

Good job for a crit, but that only did 2/3rds of Lahar's health bar in damage.

e2cUfbG.pnggVOzDk0.png

Lahar's cutscene attack though did 100% damage.

92Jc72y.png5HMTWUY.png

Well, Siegfried just went and kicked off protecting his son. Oh dear.

bTZP3nr.png

Well, when you do, I have three Magnians that will gladly meet you and your army to kick their ass.

Ds8gcKA.png

Lahar is a...rather creepy fellow, isn't he?

VBLmgVS.pngCFZTf1M.png

Louis seems to be a little too happy about this turn of events, prompting Lahar to slap him upside the head and remind him that, yes, there are other people that'll carry on the rebellion. Siegfried's death does not equal one doused rebellion I'm afraid.

1VfLOc2.png

Especially when Kelik wants to continue said rebellion. Too bad Lahar had to retreat or maybe Louis would have reason enough to celebrate.

Chapter 24 complete!

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Howard (1), Eduardo (1), Shuuda (2)

Next time: Chapter 24? That was merely the appetizer. The main course is about to make its appearance.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Rana)]

Rana's growths:

Hp: 80% Luk: 35%

Mag: 40% Def: 20%

Skl: 60% Res: 40%

Rana's base speed coupled with the weight of most dark tomes is going to leave him in a bit of a bind if he wants to contribute to any sort of offensive assault until that speed improves. Despite that, his starting C rank in staves means he can turn into a very effective staffbot if you can get his staves up another level.

You know, the REAL gimmick of that chapter was that there was one type of every promoted class in the game. Also, that sword... I'm confused about what you mean by "always does a reversal" though.

You know, the REAL gimmick of that chapter was that there was one type of every promoted class in the game. Also, that sword... I'm confused about what you mean by "always does a reversal" though.

I dunno where I heard it, but I swear Blazer said that sword (Nirvana) would always do a reversal in the player's hands for some reason. Maybe that was in an earlier version and got fixed or I'm thinking of a completely different weapon that I'm unaware of. That's always a possibility.

Time for an update!

[spoiler=Ch25 Part 1: The Magnian Royal Mansion]qW7QD78.pngTeYmfvW.png

A pretty simplistic opening to the chapter. Good guys are going to show Magnus that they will not go down quietly while Lanmark gets the honor of protecting a big mansion full of goodies.

FT01D3c.png2ou5hNp.pngmP4Mb0v.png

I'd say this is one of the toughest chapters in the game if you wish to get every treasure here and still seize the throne in 26 turns or less if you wish to gain access to the gaiden. The enemies take another step up in power by virtue of having around 10-12 luck for non-boss enemies and a bit more damage behind their attacks. Considering how big this map is and how you'll have to split into several teams if you wish to get all the loot in a timely manner, this can be rough if you can't field a full 15 combat capable units.

rQAMsck.pngUDyYA0C.png

Howard & Rex spearhead the opening offensive on the first two Halberdiers. Howard doesn't kill his target, but Rex does.

XBalBwB.png

I take absolutely no chances here and make sure to keep my hps as high as I can when enough enemies are in range. Just too many chances for a unit to be picked off if he or she isn't kept at full strength early on here.

ndYVPXo.png

There's a couple Longbow Snipers to the north. Lyam pulls out a critical to drop one of them.

2rAbkve.pngNn8wlQw.png

As the first enemy phase begins, a Paladin takes a critical axe strike to the face courtesy of Howard. Can't argue about the stats he gained from the level up.

g78Ixex.pngyfwVwuB.png

Not much else really happens besides these two enemies doing something, a Runesword Paladin attacking Howard, and...

MzeqU3S.png

Siege tome jerks! There's a Thunderbolt user in the central treasure room as well as a Ray user in the throne room.

b98PTfy.png

Effective damage is so nice to see.

576bm8f.png

Of course, Rex decides to completely decimate this Paladin with a redundant critical.

wnJvtLV.png

More resistance? Sure, why not! Toss in a speed cap too for good measure!

csdJ7W7.pngZKO4m3H.png

Ben promptly slices up a Sage and gets even quicker. He might not be getting much in the way of defense, but as long as he can kill or cripple his target, that's more than enough for me, especially when I have plenty of healers available if needed.

9EqqcFW.png

Kevin hands over Sylmeria to Rex since a Druid from the north will be attacking him on the next enemy phase. Kevin uses this chance to pop an Elixir use because I'm literally swimming in those right now.

t5BkTpv.png

There goes the other Longbow Sniper. That'll make things a bit easier on me.

tcqhj3W.pngVNfAFo5.png

Howard counterkills a Hero on the next enemy phase, then continues to do well in dodging Thunderbolt strikes.

lxHD9o8.pngR9gWUOd.png

As for the Druid? It failed to hit Rex. Rex responds by one shotting the Druid with Sylmeria and getting even more resistance.

xzr0NQn.png

No more long range shots for you sir.

5m3WiQy.pngS2ee014.png

Howard kills a Silver Axe Hero to take some pressure off of Rex in the upcoming enemy phase. Honestly, Howard could get empty levels from here on out because he's pretty much set for the rest of the game now.

gra6Syl.png7vpkSsw.pngSjrXceJ.png

A General, Warrior, and Bishop all decided to attack Rex on the next enemy phase. Every single one died in the attempt with Rex gaining two levels and a shiny Fortify staff that will go to storage for the time being.

y49qiEQ.png

At this point, I need to split up into three teams so I can get every piece of loot on this map. Kelik, Althares, Anakin, Storm, Liquid, and Liuke will be taking the eastern path. Ben, Emma, Lyam, Shuuda, and Eduardo will cover the western path. The central path will be handled by Howard, Kevin, Rex, Cia, and Alice.

KkX59vL.png

Speaking of Rex, he actually couldn't double a Swordmaster on the west side of the central treasure room. He did max out though.

Fun fact? He's actually behind on defense by 3 points compared to his usual 20/20 average. Thanks to his supports though, that's not a big deal.

What is a big deal is the fact his resistance is +7 over his 20/20 average. 20% resistance growth my ass, heh.

7FR3khS.png

In the meant...DAMMIT KELIK!

PCFz2WV.pnggrhHe2y.pngg4vxKoW.pngvwrQAFT.png

Looks like someone wants Frederick out of here so he can go full steam with trying to push back the rebel force. Joy!

RUbBVjm.png

Alice gets to looting the central treasure room. I'm pretty sure Kelik is going to get this since I don't really have anyone else in dire need of extra strength or magic right now.

4KxMlRv.pngXhvCYod.png

Liquid promptly destroys a Warrior along the eastern path and gains a level from it.

NMGyUob.png

Anakin has some fun with a siege tome, but fails to crit the Warrior.

aUVXrNy.png

After that conversation Lanmark & Frederick had, this Thief appears in the southeast, intending to break for the treasure room in the east. Not a big deal as I can catch him and end his life once the other enemies are dead. If all else fails, Anakin can just blow him up with his siege tome.

p7IUjI5.pngy0UHJ7V.png

Meanwhile, Emma dodges a potentially nasty hit (Intended since there were no other enemies in range of her at the time), then removes most of the Halberdier's life and gains a level.

Tt78u2n.png

Kelik dodged this time, good. This Warrior dies of course.

1H0YCSg.pngIf9z596.pngvOt4dZG.png

Things went about as well for the eastern team as it could have this enemy phase.

YPehbYY.png

Eduardo got a bit low here because that Brave Axe slowed him down enough for a Warrior & Hero to double him. He'll be fine though.

655zybU.png

Siege tome jerk #2 has finally woken up. Since I can't get Storm or Lyam up to the center currently, the center team will just have to tank the shots as they go forward.

2uTuhlC.png

Reinforcements in the west. The western team will be hunkering down here for a couple turns while the herd is thinned out.

RGOfyIP.png

End result of the first round of thinning. Not too bad actually. Eduardo healed with an Elixir and switched to a lighter weapon so he wouldn't get doubled again.

Lo18Rr5.pngcTSd4Ro.png

Alice nabs the second central treasure, a unique bow that shoots light or something. She's in no danger of being struck by the siege tome jerk since she can simply fly out of range after opening a chest. Even then, she can take at least a couple shots of Ray before needing to be healed.

e6VX8zQ.pngmb5H7Dn.png2pEGlGM.png

The Magnian trio continues murdering everything that dares get in their way. Cia hasn't needed to do any attacking since she's busy keeping the trio in top form.

eKKV6u4.pngjkByqCb.png

Liquid maxes out with a good level critting the face off a Sage.

UNDsE5S.png

Storm follows up with a level of his own murdering an enemy.

ZLAzwlB.pngCvFWGuN.png4K45H9e.png

Anakin & Kelik follow up with their own murder. Kelik gets some defense from a level.

Buoek71.pngv3w7VPC.png

Western team's holding their ground pretty well in the enemy phase.

NnHD8yE.pngBxdv3TW.png

Howard counterkills the Paladin he attacked last turn and gets more strength. Fine by me!

yFdTL8n.pngOvMKw4q.png

Kelik & Althares take some nasty hits, but are still breathing. Kelik fails to counterkill thanks to not getting a crit which means...

RRfV4h1.png

Yup.

zNooVzy.png

Ray finally manages to hit Howard. Too bad Cia's going to patch that all up on the next turn though.

7mBoPwh.png

Won't say no to this. Probably will be handed to Shuuda at some point.

oiAWFRB.pngenX5u2l.png1cHkx1e.png

A poor General wandered into the range of the Magnian trio. Kevin pulls a redundant crit off and gets more resistance from the exchange.

Part 2 shall continue the charge through the mansion. Stay tuned!

[spoiler=Ch25 Part 2 & Ch25x: Lanmark's Last Stand & The Slayer of Dragons]fyzmpAh.pngCH9pn0u.png

Cia patches up Howard and gets a level out of it.

zeqKka2.pnghbOiLR9.png

Emma fries a weakened Warrior on the west side. More magic & speed is always good.

6REJ1hQ.png

Lyam decides to take the Winter Bow for a spin. Turns out resistance does indeed lower the damage this weapon inflicts which is nice for enemies like Generals.

eEYLrGf.png

I think the western's team in the clear now to start crawling ever so slowly forward.

CG4j8wR.pngrC7x6mU.png6PIRqOY.pngXMHPU1B.pngdB7PPlU.png

Eastern team should also be fine. That Thief still isn't dead, but Storm can rush up and gank him at anytime now.

eScYRLB.png

Western team attracted a few enemies to the north while one silly Valkyrie was forced to attack Howard at melee range. She goes down very quickly as a result.

wmOqhmW.png7SxNICC.png

On turn 8, Howard murders a Sniper, picking up some strength and a new bow for Storm or Lyam to play with.

4sUORXv.png

I was considering letting the Thief open the door to save me some hassle, but I figured the Magnian trio can handle a few magic users pretty easily so I have Kelik murder the Thief.

Y2VSMkn.png

At this point, it's just business as usual for the western team as they clean up what came down to greet them. Ben finally gets some much appreciated defense which is good.

4I28HVS.png

Eduardo though fares much better, even if he failed to kill a Sage.

SsD0XQ1.pngPCg8wAI.png

More resistance & luck for Shuuda? Fine by me!

ybmrpC9.png0iDnyDI.png

Turn 8 enemy phase has a Druid & Sage sentenced to death by Rex.

kc6FHFN.png

Kelik gets a level trading blows with a Halberdier. I'm pretty sure he's like 2 or 3 points behind where his strength average should be at this point, but that Energy Ring will close the gap some come next chapter.

vEbQxNI.png

Another failure by the Ray using jerk.

1I9Hhdi.pngtPyXgrr.png

Turn 9 begins with Storm picking off a lone Paladin for a good level.

BvdH5CE.png

Althares likewise profits well finishing off the Halberdier Kelik weakened.

3b76pfw.png4Zx26C0.png

A new and pretty useful bow gets dropped from a murdered Sniper. Heavy, yes, but it has good accuracy for a 3 range bow.

KoDqQeW.png

Lancereaver? Rex doesn't give a damn as he crits the Hero's face off.

XYS4qIh.png

Ok, that's the last real dangerous enemy on the western side. He'll be picked off easily enough on the next turn and then the rest of the enemies will be relatively easy to steamroll past.

phcXvt5.png

Alice actually gets targeted by Ray, but sadly for the Bishop it's the last use of it so joke's on him, heh.

oiIEtNq.pngsuN7yN6.png

Rule of single stat levels: Get it in a useful stat. Don't pull a Lyam.

nCND4cz.png

Extra gold eh? Not too bad since there are shops upcoming in the next couple of chapters.

UMCtUxD.png

Cia gets her first kill in what feels like forever.

E59wSln.png

Kevin continues to murder and be amazing.

Q96zj38.png

Howard, not so much, but he really doesn't need any more stats at this point since he's already in good shape for the endgame.

OYsfmAm.png

A one time only item here. It's just the Afa's Drops with a different name, boosting a unit's growths by 5% across the board.

eDPCBsJ.png

Fast forward a bit to see the Nirvana in action. It does look like Althares is getting torched, but of course the Bishop dies because he can't stand the sight of anything evil.

nNTFVBz.png

Torching yourself with a weapon does good things for your level ups it seems.

Iwv9s9U.pngGXuhZa0.png

The western group is closing in on the throne room. Emma's in the northwestern treasure room right now about to start plundering the chests when she gets a chance.

gVj4mTU.png

A couple more Paladins appeared in the southeast, but Storm counterkilled them both for a solid level.

Now, the central team has finally gotten within range of Lanmark.

xS33wOD.png1Lx5HXY.png

Well, this isn't going to be easy now is it? He's got two ranged weapons and has absurdly high avoid. That Iron Rune would be an issue too, but...

mcxs1ub.png

Althares got some help in getting closer to the throne room so he could swipe this. Being critical prone makes a huge difference in how quickly Lanmark can be taken down.

ZGOYnfa.pngEDehTD6.png

Loot from the northwestern treasure room. Not sure if I'll use the tome due to its heavy weight, but more Elixirs aren't bad at all.

52MBDrt.png

That Bishop in the throne room that used to have Ray? Storm murdered him.

cE05kb1.pngN34x56Y.png3ys2tKs.png

Considering one of the bonus scenes available in the post game, I'm surprised Lanmark doesn't have any unique dialogue with Rex here, even if it's as simplistic as "Traitor!" or something like that. Rex does land his hit though which is good.

jyfIM6u.pngJ4BIkC4.png

Howard & Kevin do have unique dialogue here though. Both land their hits too, putting Lanmark very close to death. So much so that any hit from one of the three Magnian will kill him. For kicks, I decided to pass my next turn (after healing of course), just to see who he'd select to get himself killed by potentially.

Ev6VpwV.png

Lanmark decided on a death by Rex. He's got good taste, I'll give him that.

iSQTzc8.png

Throne seized on turn 16. Ten turns under the limit for the gaiden chapter is pretty damned good I have to say.

Chapter 25x can be summed up with the following...

YxiTWYO.pngAZ7OE7R.png

Here's a dragon with 120 hp.

nWVdUN3.png

Well, you guys might not be a match for it.

uoYHfXK.pngS8HkZMF.pngBSpgbUN.png

Just leave the dragon kill to the slayer of dragons, Rex. All he needed was an extra turn from Anakin plus some ranged healing from Cia and the dragon was dead in a single turn. End of chapter 25x.

Honestly, the only reason to come to chapter 25x is to boost some support levels and get a free level for Liuke. Perhaps even get some chatting done between Kelik & Rana if you had them chat in the previous couple of chapters. No rewards like weapons or even experience for everyone else though.

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1), Howard (1), Eduardo (1), Shuuda (2)

Next time: The biggest map in the game.