LunaticScreamer plays The Last Promise

LunaticScreamer

Hey, I just had a thought. If you were a berserker with silencer, and used the devil axe, could you silence yourself?

You know, that's a good question. I'll have to see if that can happen when I do post game content (assuming I can find a Devil Axe in the post game which I think I can).

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for an update that likely will be in three parts.

[spoiler=Ch26 Part 1: The Largest Map in the Game]Ml4rxNa.pngpxUtuEX.png

Holton sure doesn't want to die now and isn't going to wait for any orders, thusly he's taking matters into his own hands. Probably a good thing I would say.

9tjJqXZ.pngDy81CrE.png5IWw12t.png

Getting ready for a big push to the finale, complete with someone deciding to get out of his slump and force himself into the party for this chapter.

bMyz1py.pngDQoyzZy.pngZEAUPbh.png

Distributing the stat boosters picked up in chapter 25. Kelik gets an Energy Ring & Blazer's Drops while Shuuda gets the Angelic Robe.

2dDXGfd.png

This is actually good advice to take to heart. You should have a rearguard capable enough of killing any enemies that may pop up once you begin to trek south.

yLbH1NJ.pngqHEKEuq.png

Your primary task is to seize three castles en route to the Magnian Palace, each one being guarded by a high level enemy. This one is guarding the castle to the west and he's pretty bulky, all things considered.

Suexmcy.png4V2Vfbb.pngTO7C7yi.png

Not bulky enough though as he and his buddy get torn apart by the Magnian trio.

aBeTVbQ.png

This is a pretty beastly tome. High offensive stats, lots of crit, relatively light, and boosts magic & defense by 5. Anakin can wreck house with this once it eventually gets into his hands.

hUeVynX.pngxVCnQQB.png

Cia kicks off the assault towards the eastern castle, frying a Halberdier and getting a decent level up in the process.

CvPK4Zp.png3pCvqzq.png

Guardian of the eastern castle.

UYFNznX.png

Situation at the end of the first turn. Shuuda weakened the eastern castle guardian a bit with his Light Brand.

Also, note the massive turn limit. It's more than enough time to clear this chapter. In fact, I can usually finish the chapter in roughly 24-28 turns if I go quickly so don't feel like you have to rush here. There's plenty of time to complete the chapter.

4yIGiuE.png

A Swordmaster comes up to attack Howard in the first enemy phase, but accomplishes nothing besides taking a nasty hit and giving Howard a level.

BPml0N6.png

The Halberdier accompanying the Swordmaster though gets doubled and killed.

xG6Kgqo.png

Althares attracts the attention of both Paladins to the southeast. Took a hit from one of them, but he'll be fine.

t8k7z4L.png

Anakin seizes the first castle.

WgkZGsY.png

Too many units on the west side means a Paladin & the weakened Swordmaster get taken out easily. Ben gets a good level murdering one of them.

fLSGuMh.png

Showing off the Heroslayer getting effective damage on Kelik. Must also apply to main characters on top of Heroes I would presume. Kelik kills this one off thankfully.

uQD7Xi1.png

Eduardo doesn't have the same kind of killing luck sadly.

LryPFii.pngFfQyrkR.pngy7hlNSQ.png

The only thing of note to happen on the enemy phase. Note the ballista & Ray user on the west side, both of which can hit hard. Shon will have to stand back until the coast is clear.

QdXS8XL.png9vU0JOi.png

Storm wipes out the Warrior that failed to hit Howard and picks up a decent level for the effort.

m94FXwh.png

Oh yeah, there's a Valkyrie coming up quickly too. Lyam kills her.

LmqgSzw.pngLvdmBPk.png

Cia successfully takes out the eastern castle's guardian on turn 3 to get some Elixirs and a good level.

y8G0BBP.png

Castle #2 seized.

nOgLrDg.pngaBLmhz3.png

Althares & Eduardo take out the two Heroes still lingering around. Nothing wrong with more defensive stats on Eduardo, but Althares gets a nice level up. He might be the weakest party member damage wise, but tell that to him when he's triggering Lethality on almost everything he strikes with his Killing Edge.

dRpInK5.pngPL5LIZP.png

Ben gets rid of the Ray user for some more speed.

Z5ApHYr.png

The only enemy to do anything on the next enemy phase. Take note that every Valkyrie has 23-24 speed. If they're using a lightweight tome like this one is, it'll not be easy to double them.

4R0axLg.png

Next turn, Ben tries to kill the ballista user, but fails to crit. Since Anakin is going to be busy this turn, the ballista user will have to die next turn. Shon does need to dive into range though due to reinforcements coming from the western castle forts, but he can take one hit just fine from the ballista.

cMY54gP.png

Rex with the Heroslayer is a deadly combination when attacking a Hero.

MpmuqS9.png

Very deadly.

up2qlto.png

Since Howard & Kevin failed to hit this Valkyrie, Storm decides to invalidate her existence on his own with a critical.

7TUcAEw.png

Liuke makes a great distraction unit for incoming enemies like this one.

d7hnzUI.png

Another turn begins and one ballista user is about to have a very bad day thanks to Anakin.

j7WRncn.png

Ben has picked up Rex. He's going to ferry my man over to kill a specific Halberdier in the west, one I wouldn't reach otherwise for several more turns.

RW1KVu9.png

Shon patches himself up with an Elixir after taking a hit from the now dead ballista user in the last enemy phase.

7DSvlUH.png

Healing maintenance from Emma on Eduardo. He and everyone else at the eastern castle are now moving west through the forests to catch up to the rest of the team.

mzlN4e5.png

More speed for Kevin as he continues murdering in the southeast.

X8sO4zk.png

Liuke is still a tanky individual.

l91TDAX.png

Siege tome jerk #2!

Px8Omoo.png

No more Paladin harassing Liuke. He got an axe to the face thanks to Liquid.

7Q8IozA.png

First village has this. It may seem useless right now, but you'll see why it was given soon.

xLe3OZu.pngkWyX8iY.pnglBwsLv0.png

After Emma heals up Kevin, there's a couple interesting Druids to the southwest with an interesting new tome. Very weak offensively, but it's real purpose is to make the Druid very tanky, boosting luck, defense, and resistance by 20 points each. One of them will drop one for your own use which isn't bad at all.

duUlCxu.png

Howard begins work on wearing down one of the Munio Druids.

gpeLap3.pngli82xFp.png

Yet more reinforcements coming from the first two castles, but they're getting destroyed almost instantly because they're running into my units with critty weapons equipped.

1OHrGWp.png

Howard gained a level tanking hits from the two Munio Druids.

hskWeyl.png

Oh, look who's come to join the Munio Druids. Joy.

IBL1kwY.pngoyd1CLB.png

Turn #7 and reinforcements begin spawning from the forts in the southeast. The Sage doesn't last long though.

NRFvRX5.png

Same goes for the siege tome jerk here. Take note that the square Kevin's standing on is a secret shop with promotion items. Considering the exp potential later on, it's not too late to promote anyone in need, but I don't need any of that.

As for the shops to the southwest, they contain high level items like Silver weapons and high end tomes.

UafSkbb.png

Howard finally drops one of the Munio Druids.

KvBj32T.pngoKcwlG4.pngQzyg8DA.png

Thought I could have Rex move from there, but apparently not so it'll be a couple more turns before he can engage this Halberdier. He's holding a sweet S rank spear, Leviathan. Very powerful and boosts speed by 5. Kevin's going to love this weapon once I can deliver it into his hands.

W9f0ZsS.pngzqNtMEv.png

Soon enough, the the reinforcements from the first two castles will stop. They haven't been coming up every turn, more like every other turn, but it's been fairly consistent. Kelik even gets a level out of killing one of the reinforcements.

JJGUen9.png

A combination of a Ray hit from Anakin and two non crits from Althares doing some counterattacking grant him a solid level. He's likely to cap strength & speed at this rate.

Part 2 to come next time!

[spoiler=Ch26 Part 2: Journey to the Third Castle]a0L8m1K.png

As turn #8 begins, the gimmick of the map begins to reveal itself. It's slowly turning to night, aka Fog of War. I've only got a few more turns before that appears. Luckily, both of my Illuminate staves are in play so it'll be easy to see in the dark.

42y7nhb.pngQLMgD82.png

Level for Kevin as he takes out a Bishop reinforcement.

plAgiN7.png

Same goes for Cia, but from the Sage reinforcement in the northern fort.

lmfT9H1.png

Sniper is dead. Howard will have to wait on killing that other Munio Druid until he gets backup to easily kill him. If Rex was here, this would be a complete non issue.

Speaking of Rex, I wonder if he's engaged his prey yet.

Xlo50fX.png

Yup! Leviathan hits like a truck, easily over half of Rex's health if it connects. It doesn't as Rex counterattacks twice.

FPdGAIz.png

On the next player phase, Rex ends the poor Halberdier's life in true redundant critical fashion, claiming Leviathan which will be given to Kevin as soon as possible.

8M8cREy.pngfvVg7Jt.png

At this point, everyone's joining up in the southeastern part of the map and dealing with magic user reinforcements. Shuuda gets a good level cleaving a Sage in two.

ZAd2SrP.png

Breaking out the Hammerne staff for the first time to keep Sylmeria in tip-top shape.

1kfUJ9L.png0yrK53K.pngPdpIiPk.png

Kevin & Howard manage to rack up enough damage between themselves to take out the last Munio Druid, getting a copy of the Munio tome for the pile in the process.

WcfyJJU.pngDebJXEb.pngzIMyzI0.png

As turn 10 begins, a small group appears in the southwest, one of them instantly joining our side.

Gary is, simply put, able to kick ass and take names from the word go. Extreme physical strength, good defense, and growths that could very well let him cap up to four additional stats if he gets lucky.

As for Gary's two green army cohorts? They're quite combat capable and will not go down quietly.

b0TDLHW.pngl42aYSb.pngh18lE20.png

If you're wondering why I haven't really rushed forward yet, this is why. The 3rd castle guardian is holding a Seal staff and knows how to use it. Not that it'd be a huge issue to be hit by since I have multiple staff users and I can just pass the Restore staff off to an unaffected unit and heal up, but why bother seeing it when I can have Ben drop Rex near the castle and kill the guardian effortlessly?

pP8SyW1.png

Don't think I need to say what happens to this Halberdier, now do I?

VorcYRc.png

One Sage guarding a village came out to greet Kevin. He got promptly taken out with Kevin getting even stronger from a level up.

6dZ1J1B.png

All magic users can now start moving forward. Rex destroyed the guardian holding the Seal staff.

QstZn6L.png

The Swordmaster in the southwest tends to be the annoying little jerk if he dives into the forests or peaks while attacking the green army units.

BKH1NbP.png

One Warrior suicides on Gary who caps speed with his first level up.

ZziOfK1.png

Green army units are still hanging in there like champs.

fOupP2m.png

Sage & Bishop reinforcements are still coming from the southeastern forts and will continue to do so for a few more turns.

oGMHqM3.png

Althares wipes out the new Sage reinforcement with a Lethality proc, coming within one point of capping speed.

EA7XgbF.png

Shuuda crits the face off the other reinforcement easily.

RCVPBBE.png

Tried to take out the Swordmaster, but no dice. Looks like one of the green army units is going down this turn.

OrDgYFV.png

Meanwhile, Howard has made it up to the third castle and murdered a nearby Warrior to pick up a good level.

XvOGNWq.png

Anakin finally gets Alustrona delivered to him, good.

8aCPwNE.png

Castle #3 seized. Only the Magnian Palace remains now.

wdiRIMj.png

Gary takes out the Swordmaster in the southwest and caps strength.

7b4Dw6h.png

Kevin does likewise to a Valkyrie near the third castle and gets a level of his own.

8tS9bkX.png

Emma follows the current rush of levels with one of her own doing healing maintenance.

7rEj0OC.png

Althares is still killing Sage reinforcements for levels, but manages to cap strength & speed with this one.

gOJI6le.pngJQsckcL.png

Howard's rushing ahead to clean out a few stragglers and picks up his final level. I'm going to need Kevin up here in a bit to bait out Holton and deal with him in ranged combat.

cOlW1Eu.png

10k gold from the western village where Gary is.

jvrqmbT.png

Everyone except Emma, Kevin, Rex, and Gary will be camping out at the third castle and farming the reinforcements for some easy exp for several turns.

opoM6Jz.png9Btab49.png

Easy exp leads to easy level ups.

TiWoH5y.png

Gary maxes out murdering an enemy. He got strength & speed caps which is all I need from him to be awesome.

FNiAbpm.pnghDqlfDV.png

More reinforcements coughing up lots of experience.

Last part to come next time!

I really liked this chapter because it was massive and FUN, even if not nearly big enough to make the insane time limit threatening.

You brought your Blaine/That one snowy country representatives for the extra reinforcements, right?

[spoiler=Ch26 Part 3: Magnian Palace Conquering]gga1dI0.pngNugviC9.pngRfL7L1n.png

While the horde of Paladins coming over will need to be dealt with, it's Holton that I'm going to have Kevin take out from range. As you can tell, Holton's sporting multiple capped stats and weaponry that will be barely slowing him down.

uNSzGEU.png

S rank axe? Yup!

Now then, one other thing you have to take note of regarding Holton...he has 10 move and will move to attack anyone in his range. This is why I want Kevin to kill him off from range so I don't have to worry about Holton running around and ganking any weak units easily.

htbolhU.png9z1BDLN.png

Kevin counterkills a couple Sages who thought they'd be funny trying to do any noticeable damage to him.

Ac3rU2F.png

Holton then rushes up and fails to hit Kevin.

63dSxM2.png9bg5thk.png

Kevin then responds in kind by pulling a Rex and one shotting Holton with a critical. So much for one of Magnus's higher ranking generals, heh.

cZ50VFf.png

On turn 18, it'll become early morning. This is your indication that the Fog of War will lift within the next few turns.

BPnlKgE.pngxJex1bK.pngBtLUTXz.png1LyqfYf.png0Q4W2Xh.png

The five Paladins coming in from the northeast getting trashed. Four die to a combination of Howard, Kevin, Rex, and Gary on the player phase while the fifth suicides on Gary in the following enemy phase.

4V8c0uQ.png

Reinforcements granting level ups. Business as usual of course.

gKoEuSI.png

Same goes for Rex as this silly General gets himself killed in glorious fashion.

NIjWCWu.pngl6I9hbW.pngdzDNA2Z.png

Three enemies try to hit Howard, all of them failing miserably. The Warrior gets taken down to 1 hp, then...

j764UYB.png

Green army unit bags a kill.

psZy6eT.png

Not much to say at this point. Soon, the third castle team can start coming up to the Magnian Palace and beginning the next round of reinforcement grinding.

02P3pOK.png

Another 10k gold for the pile as Howard visits a village east of the palace.

OS17T84.pngtu3pzzp.pngnwNGquk.pngutN7dzK.png

More reinforcements, more levels, more of the same thing the third castle team has been doing the past 8 or so turns.

0gZJJaA.png

Healing maintenance that Howard probably doesn't need in the greater scheme of things.

pTRNRrx.png

This green army Warrior continues to kick some rear as he does some always amusing bow spinning action before one shotting a Sniper.

3h9jEDa.pngJZqdH13.pngEFGZQAG.pngU66eN9X.png

Another batch of levels. This chapter really is your best chance to get in a last push for power before the finale chapters start pouring in.

KkzceVm.png

Turn 28 is when the reinforcements begin appearing from the forts by the palace now. Anyone still left at the third castle will now start making their way up here.

1jBTB4B.pngnffICqI.png

More levels, then a Swordmaster getting denied by Gary.

At this point, I just farm reinforcements until turn 60 or so when they finally stop for good. To abridge things slightly, I'll just show off the final level each unit that got in on some leveling picked up.

EYbfjX0.pngoqQ8rxw.pngJbjWi4t.pngeB2OPgr.pngtB4pKfn.pngdFdwu3Y.pngbs3cYqE.pngB8ZgXvX.pngehUESZo.pngTc5EsTE.png

Yes, I did feed one level to Shon just for kicks.

UV3nUyt.png5tX2mYs.png

Seizing the palace rewards you with the Obsidian axe that Holton was carrying.

Si3MZfN.png

Like he said, we're going to what will hopefully be the final battle with Magnus. No doubt there's going to be some kind of gauntlet where I'll have to clear two maps in a row without any chance to save.

Now, since I never did this due to unit space...if you bring along Alice, you'll get some Falcoknight reinforcements around the time you reach the third castle roughly 15 turns in or so. If you bring either Leopold or Levion, you'll get Wyvern Lord reinforcements on top of that. They make very good cannon fodder for disrupting the enemies stationed around the palace if you're trying to clear the chapter quickly, allowing you to clean up what happens to survive their assault.

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1), Howard (1), Eduardo (1), Shuuda (2)

Next time: How to tell a gimmick to go take a hike.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Gary)]

Gary's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 0%

Str: 60% Def: 20%

Skl: 35% Res: 20%

Spd: 35%

Considering Gary's bases, he doesn't really need any levels, but he gets a few, giving him the chance to cap up to four additional stats (hp, strength, skill, speed). He can very easily fill in a missing role for your army or even just fill an empty spot because he can kick some serious rear end without breaking much of a sweat. He's just that good.

I really liked this chapter because it was massive and FUN, even if not nearly big enough to make the insane time limit threatening.

You brought your Blaine/That one snowy country representatives for the extra reinforcements, right?

If I had the space in my army, I would have done that, but sadly I had no room so they needed to be left behind.

It's probably too late to bring this up, but you forgot to do a growths and comments for Risk.

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter. Have fun...

I'm going to chalk that one up to a simple oops on my end. I guess that's what I get when I have to remember to type up five character's growths and comments for each one. It's been edited in now so thanks for informing me about that.

Morning update here. Will be another two parter of course.

[spoiler=Ch27 Part 1: How to Neutralize a Gimmick]nLp7qp6.png

Galagar, if I was working for evil, I would not blatantly tell the good guys how your gimmick is going to go down.

hucjaUW.pngjAcXpE9.pngxVMxy3W.png

On the plus side, Kelik does get a shiny new sword for his own use. Arectaris is a 1-2 range sword that boosts strength & skill by 3 while boosting speed by 10. Due to the weapon's weight, the speed bonus is effectively +4, but still, it means a maxed speed Kelik is going to be able to double almost everything from here on out.

xfYZKsz.pnguHg67Ec.png

Everyone on your battle team gets to have a word before the chapter actually begins. Storm has the best one if you ask me.

i9cI38k.png

First order of business is to try killing this Assassin to stave off any potential instant kill shenanigans. Althares connects with his strike while a follow up attack from Howard failed to connect (only had a 44% chance to hit though).

1JtfZO9.png

Kelik with the Arectaris right now can delete almost any enemy he wishes in two hits, tops.

B5HQnM0.png

A combined effort from Storm & Eduardo take out the other Hero.

S9IbnFP.png70KUk9a.png

On the first enemy phase, the silly Assassin thinks he can instantly kill Althares. Sadly, Althares is holding on to the Iron Rune so all the Assassin gets is his own death.

i25cJ2F.pngGP9fecF.png

Siege tome jerks, but the Eclipse one may as well not exist because it's never hitting anyone on my team.

hez4xgX.pngznH7NKX.png

Anakin decides to pester the Thunderbolt jerk with some long range salvos of his own while Kelik deletes a Swordmaster from the field.

Hjg67VI.png

Althares gets healed as a precaution, but more importantly...only five people are going east, namely Rex, Kevin, Howard, Kelik, and Anakin. I need to get the northeast corner cleared out for an event that'll happen up there in a few turns.4DaSlTu.pngvjxb91R.png1awaXqS.png

The last secret shop of the game is a worthy one, containing Barrier staves and almost every stat booster in the game. I end up spending my funds on a few Angelic Robes and multiple Secret Books.

4h32e36.pngOdsEwU3.pngisbjEoc.png1LagRuE.png

The second enemy phase is another uneventful one. One Warrior gets axed to death and more long range shenanigans occur. There is indeed another Thunderbolt user on the western half of the map if you were wondering.

dsxaEdm.png

Oh yeah, and the Magnian trio bags their first counterkill too. Almost forgot that.

NUgWXjM.png6FkL6Eq.pngNJWJpmZ.png

Turn 3 is where the gimmick of this map begins to show its face.

KVuX93F.pngBd5QvBk.png

First off, you're not hitting Galagar with his hax 200 avoid until this gimmick is dealt with.

5q4dF20.png

Now then, what Galagar is going to do is warp around the map, starting at the end of this player phase. While this seems random, he actually warps to pre-determined spots. The first warp point is where Howard is standing here. Don't think you can stop the warping by occupying this space as Galagar will merely halt at the square next to it.

When he does warp, it'll take up his turn. On the next turn though, he'll move to attack anyone in his range. Given his power, it's not unreasonable to think he can double and kill anyone weak on the resistance.

However, I have a trick up my sleeve that'll stop this gimmick hard in its track and Althares is my key to accomplishing that.

LkhAXOo.png

First, Althares comes up here and takes out the Eclipse user. Where he's standing is very important, considering what enemies are on the other side. More on this trick of mine a bit later.

QFRqT8k.png26ESBr5.png

Kevin & Howard begin carving a path through the enemies on the journey to the northeast corner. Any stragglers left behind can be taken out with Kelik, Anakin, or Rex.

7riiBs4.pngt5Vp0jj.png

On the west side, Storm kills a Druid in the treasure room for a pretty solid level. One away from his speed cap now.

MM8pU0f.png

Emma heals up Liquid just in case that Thunderbolt user gets any ideas.

06MAkpm.png

Now then, to get Galagar to stop his gimmick, you need to reach the area in front of the throne room where those two Valkyries are. Could be dangerous with Galagar's warping gimmick, right?

kv1Qap4.png

Well, the catch is that anyone can enter the zone, even an enemy who moves in to attack Althares and thusly ends their turn.

7WAl9ta.pngNWSVHR4.pngXZWAR7s.png

Doing that, Galagar decides he needs to go back and protect the throne, thusly ending the threat of his gimmick several turns before you normally are able to do so. Makes the chapter much easier I tell you.

ZnAsDaN.png

He also summons a bunch of buddies to protect the throne room. Too bad none of them move unless you're in range.

dkyF4fO.pngSN50yX0.pnggSddQez.png
zPqWdRH.png

The eastern team is not going to have any issues with killing enemies I assure you. Howard can reach the northeastern corner in as few as two turns if I wanted him to.

aLUNZLl.png

Storm kills the other Thunderbolt user. No more siege tome hijinks will be seen from the enemy this map (thank god!).

G8qLsLg.png

Althares gets to looting the central treasure room.

ZDnsL3M.png

Ben then decides he doesn't want to dodge ANYTHING, getting hit by three 40-45% chances and dying. Rewind!

OX7s9Uw.pngnoLxkO9.png

Better!

C0aqlv2.png

At least this is the last time the main game will be featuring the ranged enemy healers.

9wBcaRA.png

Howard gets to counterkilling enemy magic users as part 1 of this update concludes.

[spoiler=Ch27 Part 2: Galagar's Death]zzg4Uhj.png

Eastern team destroying enemies as per usual.

ON9eH0l.pngTYeKANz.png

Nothing troubling for the western team now that Ben knows how to dodge finally.

ioVPbqp.pnguBFTOdi.png

Dangit Storm, cap speed please.

jBNhAxT.png

Being a dodgy unit doesn't do you much good when a Swordslayer basically invalidates your existence as Liquid reminds this Swordmaster.

Pn3a7BV.png

Magic get, level requirements are thus satisfied.

PzaoAKb.png

The next chest Althares opens up contains a new siege tome for Anima users (Screw calling it Nature dangit). Notable for its high accuracy which will better ensure you'll land those long range shots.

JVBbpjG.png

Meanwhile, the first chest on the east side is opened with one of my remaining Chest Keys and...Boots? I think I know just the man to give them to!

seXH6xX.png

Sweet!

8Hrb2zt.pngyvJlnvf.png

We now return to your usual enemy slaughter on the western side, already in progress (Ben's speed is capped for the record).

1Am2RtS.png

Craze is simple a renamed Berserk staff with 3 uses. If you wanted to, you could toss the uses of this on to some of the army in the throne room and watch the carnage unfold.

fnvnnoI.png

At this point, most of the strategy for the western team is to crawl forward and only attract 1 or 2 enemies at a time, then kill them off on the next player phase, assuming any survive the enemy phase.

Q35dbiX.png

Of course, what would a chapter be without at least one critical from Rex?

KDYJLxN.png

Last treasure chest in the center. Althares will now go up the west side and unlock the two chests on that route.

5UfYZ2W.pngb3Jc6ue.png

More levels for the western team as they continue murdering with little trouble. Storm's level up caps his speed.

utjdTSX.png

Here's why I needed a team to rush to the northeast so quickly. Frederick appears again, this time with his daughter in tow. Kelik, Anakin, or Shon can talk to Frederick to have him join the team. Once you do that, he can talk to his daughter and she'll likewise join up.

The problem? Without rushing up here, there will be about three or four enemies that can attack them. While Frederick can weather the storm just fine, Rachel can't and can get easily swarmed and killed within a turn.

3LRWzlK.pngH6YTpKd.png

If Gary was an endgame crutch character that was offensive in nature, Frederick is likewise another endgame crutch character, but with a focus on defense. He may only have two levels, but he will get +1 str, skl, spd and res as well as +2 luk per level. Yes, his growths are that high. Kevin may outpace him in usefulness right now, but he's hardly subpar if you're simply looking for a tank going into the endgame.

XXBgRIN.pngvVH7VYC.png

Rachel on the other hand is a unit that could stand to see some leveling, but the problem is there's very few enemies left to kill in the game. As such, she's largely a superfluous character and not worth your time for the rest of the main game.

9PAiVMf.png

On the plus side, Rachel does bring an awesome S-rank bow, Phosphora. Powerful, good accuracy, and very light. Better yet, it raises speed by 5 while equipped. Storm with this weapon will almost certainly double any enemy he fights save for the final boss.

Cgt6fmT.png

Nothing wrong with more of these for the Magnian trio.

VQUrT9J.png3i9qEgm.png

More of the same for the western team. Shuuda gets a free 1 use Chest Key offing the Halberdier that Cia weakened.

qPsn44X.png

Anakin breaks out Alustrona for the first time and drowns a Halberdier in a sea of light.

CCqnXq9.png

Just a few more enemies and the western team will be at the throne room.

iGRxyzl.pngFTdd3vi.png

Rex takes out the trash as a couple Valkyries suicide on him in front of the throne room.

8c1w8kA.png

Strength & speed are now capped for Shuuda.

SRZjeLl.png

Considering what I'll need for the final boss, I'm actually fine with Eduardo only getting luck here.

VbtwuAt.png

Cia though ends her leveling career on a very positive note....that is, if you consider an empty level a positive somehow.

FBSfJtY.png5HEO06y.png

Nothing wrong with more of these for the pile.

zV9ytIA.pngkOyaOjI.png6Y02Tsv.pngcxlZnAr.pngnZTfzcU.png

Ok, so I tried having Shuuda lure a couple enemies by approaching from the side. Couldn't lure them out. I decided to park him on the middle pillar where he could go straight north into the throne room. Apparently that's the enemy's prized possession because a good five or so enemies attacked him on a single enemy phase, way too many more than I'm comfortable with him handling. Luckily, he lived through the whole ordeal and gained a level out of it.

veh4H2K.png

Healing maintenance grants Emma a non-level. At this point, magic is all she's really looking for.

b42ixjp.png41PVVIt.png

Shuuda takes care of one of the enemies that attacked him at range on the previous enemy phase and picks up some precious luck for the effort.

Fof2gU0.pnggiPSYfj.png

Time to start dealing with the guardians blocking access to the throne room. Storm plants a couple arrows in a General and picks up a good level since it contains strength, capping it even if I remember correctly.

yOcMGyL.png

At this point, the enemies on the pillars in the throne room won't move unless someone is in range. As such, Storm will be luring each one out and picking them off one by one so he can max out.

Kmzmwuw.png

Not before Althares maxes himself out though.

vNM9m9w.pngFe2x9FZ.png4SWV49i.png

Storm manages to pick up just enough experience to max out. He gained his last level on the last enemy before Galagar that could be killed.

TaHzrk1.png

Took 42 turns to thin it down to only Galagar, but this is very very important. You want to make sure not a single soul besides Galagar is alive before you engage him at the throne.

SFmww9H.pngw4Ipnec.png

Speaking of which, unleashing his power has turned Galagar into the spitting image of a FE7if endgame boss. Capped stats across the board coupled with a huge array of spells makes him a VERY dangerous opponent. If you have anyone that can be doubled by Galagar, keep them out of the fight unless he or she has like 25+ resistance and good supports. In other words, anyone at 24 speed or less should be kept back due to Inferno being his lightest tome at 11wt.

P1PYmbc.png

Kelik's probably the best bet for handling Galagar. Arectaris will ensure he's in no danger of being doubled at all and he should be sturdy enough to take a hit which you can easily patch up with one of your healers. Just toss him the Iron Rune if he's at all capable of being critted.

jUyB5jm.png

Kevin's large reserve of resistance, Sylmeria, and his supports make him a surprisingly good secondary attacker.

7wM27vj.png

Especially when he decides to be awesome and crit the last 40% of Galagar's health away.

rfB1tS4.png

For killing Galagar after wiping out every other enemy first, you'll score Secret #4. The last three secrets will be collected during the endgame fights.

0jgo2eI.pngri9RTN0.pnguy9f6Sk.png

Also, in addition to getting another Valenst tome, you'll pocket a few S rank tomes for your pile. Luminola's useless to me since I don't have a second light magic user and Anakin's much better off with Aureola, but Cia might get some value out of the Inferno & Excalibur tomes.

hItnOsd.pnger58CDR.png

That's codeword for Louis is going to be hunted down and killed by the way. Galagar got enough sense beat into him to warp the party to where he's currently at too.

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1), Howard (1), Eduardo (1), Shuuda (2), Ben (1)

Next time: Wrapping up the main game.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Frederick, Rachel)]

Frederick's growths:

Hp: 0% Luk: 200%

Str: 100% Def: 0%

Skl: 100% Res: 100%

Spd: 100%

Frederick has a one track mind, but a very good one track mind regardless. His bases are already pretty good besides luck, but his two levels before lv20 will provide him with +4 luck to shore that up a bit. Not as useful for me in combat as Gary is, but hardly a useless character.

Rachel's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 50%

Str: 50% Def: 30%

Skl: 50% Res: 35%

Spd: 50%

Rachel's problem isn't her bases or growths as both are good, but rather she joins so late that she doesn't have enough time to get any decent chunk of levels before the endgame. She may have use in the post game though, we'll have to see.

May as well wrap up business with the main game here now as its endgame is pretty short, all things considered.

[spoiler=Endgame: The Fall of Magnus]fIRHYv6.png

Long story short...Magnus is about to die this day.

jWwqPBz.png

Here's something interesting. Howard can't take part in this chapter for some reason. I suppose he hasn't got the heart to kill the one he once served, but still, it strikes me as a bit odd.

dpowWzc.png

Distributing all my Secret Books to my team. Anyone who I feel is going to be doing some active attacking against the final boss in a couple chapters got their skill capped out like Rex here.

Also, before beginning this chapter, it is imperative that Kelik has Arectaris, the Iron Rune, and a couple packs of Elixirs. Toss in the Amulet too if you want. He's going to need all of this next chapter.

mC1XuZK.png

While there's no time limit to complete endgame part 1, clearing it in 11 turns or less will net you Secret #5. To start, Althares unlocks the northern doors.

DKblv5U.png

Louis is here along with a couple of the Magnian senators. I'm sure he knows his own death is upon him, but first...

py2Eh5w.pnga8eGW2L.png

Of all four senators, Apollo is by far the most dangerous to leave alive. Capped magic & speed and a siege tome to boot. Worse yet though, he has an innate +15 added to his crit rate. He needs to die on the first or second turn or you run the risk of seeing deaths from Meteor, especially if he crits.

vVHJsBJ.pngGDycYNk.png

Standing next to Apollo is Viola. Fimbulvetr slows her down a ton, making her easy to double and kill quickly. All she can do to annoy is possibly silence your magic users. I do still have that Restore staff kicking around so that's no big deal if silence connects.

dhgtAmj.png1D0hFb6.png

In the southwest corner of the map is Nyros. Not an offensive threat in the slightest, but high defenses thanks to a Munio tome with Elixirs on top of that means he can stall and deny you a 11 turn clear if you don't send enough powerful units down to kill him.

iDOjX1b.pngxw6AGXR.png

In the southeast corner lies Marion, probably the most dangerous senator behind Apollo for one simple reason...that Craze staff. Ideally, you'll want to choose your strongest attacker that can take a couple magic hits to get berserked, then get everyone else the hell out of range. Done right, your berserked unit should book it for Marion and hopefully kill him with little hassle.

m5aqc2R.png

Alrighty, Storm could possibly one round Apollo and...

A2LNeRY.png

Well damn, someone just got a ticket to the Death Count list. Rewind!

bU9eKQp.pngyhepwgt.png

Ok, Storm doesn't get turned to sludge instantly, but Apollo dodges the killshot.

hhcA7HZ.pngQrnRdNJ.png

I was debating having Rex try to kill Apollo, but the crit chance, however small it was, had too much of a risk attached to it. As such, I had Rex take out Viola instead.

dRsmr9I.png

Cia drops a Meteor use on Apollo, taking him down to 5 hp. Perhaps the AI will use an Elixir instead of dropping a Meteor on someone which would be just fine. I can take him from full to nothing in the next turn.

hDLZW4H.png

On the first enemy phase, Apollo decides to heal himself. That means nobody might die this turn, good.

poP3mI1.png

I foresee the death of one silly senator in a few turns when a rampaging Liquid shows up at his doorstep and cleaves him in two. Everyone else makes sure to get out of Liquid's range.

JWmrj2z.png

Turn 2 begins with Apollo's death thanks to Kelik and the Arectaris.

vsY4exy.png9HkAVpp.png

As for Louis, that low speed cap is going to be his undoing despite having high defense and high attack. If Althares wants to, he can swipe that Amulet, but it's hardly required to take Louis out.

gnHlMDr.png

Especially when Cia can wipe out a huge chunk of his hp per turn with Meteor. More if Anakin grants her an extra turn.

8O8MuFR.pngYHv9TtU.png

The other two senators aren't much of a problem to handle. Nyros falls to a combination of Shuuda, Storm, and Eduardo while a berserked Liquid introduces Marion to the business end of his axe.

4FCQjsz.png

Must be talking about Louis & the rest of the senators.

Speaking of Louis, someone just made it up to him, poised and ready to end his life now thanks to Louis being weakened by Cia.

UvbJIoU.png

Of course, Rex isn't just satisfied with a mere kill on the emperor of Magnus. He wants to send Louis packing in the best way possible with...a 4% crit? You know, I'm waiting for him to get a 1% crit now. He's going to do it at this rate, even if it'll happen in the post game.

lZozcKd.png

5/7 secrets collected now.

zS0s9PY.png

You found the hidden teleport to endgame stage 2, congrats!

VCTPLFl.png

Then what's in the middle I wonder?

nlCYRR7.png

Why, it's the man Kelik's been wanting to get revenge on for the entire game, Leon. Not wanting to spoil the chance at ending this, he sends the others ahead as he's going to deal with Leon on his own, thus starting the next chapter without any chance to access your storage.

goWQd7O.pngKFLgPpa.png

As you can see, there's a very good reason why I have Kelik setup the way he is. Without the Iron Rune, a single critical could very well end the fight instantly. It won't be a game over if Kelik goes down here, but you won't be able to have a chance at getting secret #6 then.

9cRc2jz.png

Simple strategy here. Kelik parks himself on a pillar and lets Leon come to him.

qmz5DZz.pngKZqmXTJ.png

He's then going to let counterattacks wear Leon down, healing with Elixirs as needed. With this setup, the fight is quite winnable.

hUFckmD.png

Of course, Kelik wants to end this fight a turn earlier than usual with a critical. Works for me! Leon will drop his Imperius for your own use if you feel like using it.

VX2mk4X.png

The big change from actually beating Leon comes when you get a choice on whether or not you want to kill him. Selecting "No" is the correct option here since if you do...

ANg9B64.png

Leon kills himself instead of Kelik doing the honors, but you'll score Secret #6. Only one more secret to grab now, but first...

tTzKcWx.pngErehZzR.pngMG8V7Xi.png

Lahar learns the hard way that trying to control someone you killed awhile ago isn't going to do much good when that someone decides to turn on you and sending you packing.

IWHeIwh.png

Doubly so when it's Siegfried. As he's saying here, while he might be ok in terms of mental health, his body seems to want to protect itself and will attack anyone that gets close. Lahar really did a number when he revived Siegfried, that's for sure.

dOekC40.pngrBGSg25.png1fsUiMW.png

There's only one way to give Siegfried the sleep he deserves and that's to...

GIshO0r.png

Kill him. There's no other way at this point sadly.

946BeZf.pngxHNz5dH.png

Shon decides he's not a man and wants out of this whole task. Want to know how he's doing that?

2rl8n1D.png

By deciding he doesn't want to take part in this battle at all.

To be honest, this is just silly in my eyes. His DAD is asking one simple and rightly deserved request and Shon chickens out. What was that whole story about him turning into a real man then? Honestly, I think he should have been allowed here if he had an A support with his dad.

Oh well, nothing to do but take down Siegfried with a fearless party, one that knows EXACTLY what has to be done here.

GCnqmXT.png

Well, at least he clearly states this is the true final battle. Wonder what he's like in combat now?

h237PML.pngacWEzlG.png

Oh dear, this is going to be fun, isn't it? Even though his sword is slowing him down to 35 effective speed, that's more than enough for him to double 90% of your army unless you're using 30 speed units with a speed boosting weapon (Kelik with Arectaris or Storm with Phosphora for instance) or a capped speed Swordmaster.

Want to know what's worse? He has 120 hp. Not that much in the grand scheme of things, but he regenerates 24 hp at the start of every enemy phase. Coupled with his massive avoid, you could be in some serious trouble if you can't get enough hits to register for damage every turn.

FLR8KJd.png

Anakin has enough help from his supports that he doesn't need to worry about getting critted and does a nice chunk of damage with a high chance of critting himself.

zQdcKf5.png

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, gets unique dialogue with Siegfried. A nice touch I have to say.

CKTfer9.png

Another hit connects, bringing Siegfried down to 79 hp.

Q0fejMO.png

Cia whiffs her attack. No worries, I have plenty of powerful attackers who have yet to make their move.

JbQvbaQ.pngh7dkKpG.png

This is why I wanted Swordslayers or Swordreavers. It'll allow axe users to actually have a good chance at landing their blow and doing good damage. Howard's strike brings Siegfried down to 65 hp.

uob7AIE.png

Kevin lands his hit. Siegfried's at 43 hp now.

mx98xzx.png

Liquid, being awesome as he is, crits Siegfried, bringing him to 7 hp. Now I can bring in Rex and end...

CyMEHIR.png

Dammit! On the plus side, Siegfried's melee dodge animation is amusing as he shakes his head in shame. Well then, maybe Storm can end this...

aOgaqVc.png

Double Dammit! Oh well, I'll have to wait until the next turn to end the fight so Emma uses the Fortify staff to bring everyone back up to a good amount of hp.

sWBSkPC.png

Zapped! Luckily, Storm's counterattack connected, bringing Siegfried down to 14 hp.

mfgxQhW.png

This time, Rex's blow lands, taking out Siegfried.

sEKh684.png

Ending occurs, everyone states their plans for finding the fabled land of gumdrops & ice cream. The usual really.

NzPUWfO.png

After seeing your turn total, you'll get character endings. Storm once again has something worth chuckling over. Everyone wants gumdrops & ice cream, but he takes it a step further and finds a field of pineapples.

Afterwards, the credits roll and all seems to be over until...

YEIMAqO.png

This happens! You get Secret #7 merely by completing the game.

So, I guess that's the entire game so what else could we do now?

VGqjkt8.png

Check out the post game, that's what!

As I did with my FE7if playthrough, I'm going to include a bonus video from my old playthrough here of the final boss. This is before supports were implemented into the game and, as such, made Siegfried MUCH more dangerous with the chance of being critted ever so prevalent, no matter how high your luck was unless you had the Iron Rune. Me having a bit of a sub standard team since I didn't know about Liquid's awesomeness at the time or having the brains to bring along Swordslayers also makes it interesting at least.

[spoiler=Final Boss Kill w/out Supports]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnxsS6yrQ7g

Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1), Howard (1), Eduardo (1), Shuuda (2), Ben (1), Storm (1)

Next time: Diving into the Constellation post game!

Nice! When I did the postgame, I got like 3 levels in because of the hilarious amount of grinding and savestate abuse required. I honestly won't blame you if you use Nightmare or something to autolevel everyone. Either way, looking forward to seeing it!

I also never got all 7 secrets, so I want to see what they do...

All they do is make it so that you don't have to pay an absurd amount of gold to get to the ninth star. iirc, it costs 777,777 gold to access it without the secrets.

Seriously

All unlocking the secrets does is remove an arbitrary money gate

worst secrets ever

Time to see how the post game begins, shall we?

[spoiler=Constellation Part 1: Introduction & The First Star]QRrk4Rv.png

Oh boy, here we go with the post game. There's going to be quite a bit to explain about how things work here, but first...

XRTCq3S.png

You get some spending money. Quite a bit of it too.

9hbVeU1.pngCJ6BVre.png44LqwYO.pngkVrs98Y.png

First big change, if you couldn't tell by these stat sheets...your main game stats are not carried over. Also, these two are your only useable characters for the time being. Thankfully, Anakin's extra turn granting is always useful while Shon can cover two weapon types (swords & spears).

Also, Shon's bases have been boosted. His str/skl/spd/luk/def have all gone up by 2 points each. He's going to need them, trust me.

TcDJfiP.png

Now then, an explanation about the stars on the map here which will serve as your hub to access everything the post game has to offer.

First off, the purple star in the southwest is an arena while the adjacent yellow stars are forts you can use to passively heal up between fights. In essence, this lets you grind as much or as little as you desire to tackle the challenges the post game throws at you.

kDDp4Hy.png

The orange star in the northwest allows you to save your game and return to the preparations screen to select new members for the hub map. This isn't useful right now until you can get some more party members though.

More importantly, the two light blue stars are shops.

AVCAj6d.png1waRLdw.pngDexsjOz.pnge2ZsXJE.png

As you can see, there's a huge selection of weapons to choose from here for you axe or bow users.

8sBPCev.pngyZA8Jb0.pngpCpdMl6.pngrAFT9of.png

Swords & spears available in the other light blue star. Shon will pick up an Iron Lance for himself before venturing out into the first star. More on that later.

GieXcax.png0WAtW5c.pngOHJK93i.pngxWaufC4.pngeQzUiAM.png

The dark blue stars in the southeast are shops for magic users. This one provides a huge selection of staves, including one not used by anyone in the main game, Savior, a renamed Rescue staff. Granted, there was a Bishop in chapter 26 of the main game that could use it, but he died before getting a chance to try it out.

rpZCX5u.pngJZT76ua.pngXju7hXC.png

The other dark blue star contains various tomes for all three schools of magic. The only one not shown here is Fenrir which is at the bottom of the shop list.

nkjRV7D.pngMB58v5v.pngLxALGeI.png

The orange star in the southeast is home to Jake, the man that forged Arectaris for Kelik in the main game. He'll supply you with a good item as you progress in the post game. Even before getting into any action, you should visit him. He'll hand over a Piercing Sword for Shon to use.

Do note that if you complete a star you haven't cleared before and you haven't gotten Jake's previous reward (the Piercing Sword in this instance), that reward will be lost forever. Thusly, it's very important to visit Jake after completing each star so you can get your reward.

50uDvEW.pngIxAmWNg.png

Just before heading into the first star, I have Shon take a quick round in the arena to level up, then Anakin granting Shon an extra turn so he can get a level himself. Nothing wrong with these levels. In fact, that point of speed Shon got is going to make the start of the first star MUCH easier for me.

os1KCOz.png

There are a couple more things to talk about, but I'll save those for later. Right now, let's visit the first star and see what kind of fights lurk there, shall we?

l0nRcd7.png

Welcome to the first star. As you can probably tell, the enemies are now colored blue while your team members are purple. Probably a little confusing at first, but you'll get used to it.

More importantly...

ubZQ4yE.png4Sn4ggK.png

Everyone you'll be fighting for the first 6 stars or so will be composed of former allies for the most part. In this case, Eduardo is very dangerous with his Charge Lance. Thank god for those buffs Shon got because he's going to have to lure in Eduardo and likely eat two hits.

RH3RDtJ.png

Anakin parks himself behind Shon. If he stayed where he was, he'd attract Corben or Cia over and I can't handle more than one enemy at a time right now.

Nyn07kY.png

Thank god for those buffs, am I right? Luckily, Shon can double Eduardo and lands both hits, dropping him to 2 hp. Had Shon not picked up that point of speed before, I'd have to delay a turn in killing him by using Vulneraries on top of Anakin granting extra turns to get Shon back up to full health.

YswxYNO.png

As it stands now, Shon can just take out Eduardo without needing to heal.

lgUX2L9.png

Shon heals himself up to full with a pair of Vulneraries because...

Bb9yCN6.pngnYMNWOj.png

Cia! A Mage coupled with the fact she gets a weapon type advantage against Anakin plus the fact Shon's resistance isn't that high yet means she is very dangerous. At least she doesn't have a brave type weapon like Eduardo.

KhFn0SI.pngR4wvtbW.png

As you can see, I lured her towards the east side where the forests are. Annoying, yes, but if I went west, I'd probably have to deal with Corben first which, now that I think about it, would have actually been a smarter plan. As is, taking out Cia is annoying.

LOGTejw.png

You see, if she moves out of the forest to attack Shon, I can't move Anakin without luring Corben over and Shon has no ranged weapon to speak of. Should have gotten him a Javelin too for ranged combat, but oh well.

DDLs0FO.png

Luckily, Cia feels like switching between who she wants to attack. Anakin one turn, then Shon the next, and so on and so forth. Anakin, despite his low hit odds, manages to get Cia down low enough that Shon can kill her in a single blow.

O9SUqit.png

Provided she doesn't dodge of course. Luckily, Shon also dodged.

FfLiSn0.png

Luckily, an extra turn granted by Anakin lets Shon actually land his strike this time.

mWR7GtE.png

Not going to complain about more speed & skill for Shon. He's going to need the skill badly near the end.

o6Mo6yl.png

More defense for Anakin? Fine by me!

5SDcvdf.pngRwPP9oU.png

Time to deal with Corben next. Still dangerous, but luring him into using that Javelin is the ideal approach.

ml5y4ki.png

Like so.

A7C8KfT.pngJfQCX1N.png

Dammit Shon!

QbojmHh.png

Luckily, an extra turn provided by Anakin allows Shon to finish Corben off.

x94Ow8A.pngbz5985Y.png

Inanna is next to be killed.

gbpP3ZB.pngolvJ4p3.png

Same strategy as Corben. Bait her into using her Javelin, then run up and kill her with a couple strikes from Shon's Iron Lance. This now gives me control of the fort where I can spend turns letting the duo get healed up without burning Vulneraries.

yEnyrQF.pngqO96e9W.png

Althares is next to be taken out. If Shon has picked up a point of speed, he can use his Iron Lance without fear of being doubled. So long as Shon is parked in a forest or the fort, Althares will be a very easy kill.

1toIKbC.pngMIYwC43.png

Like so. A crit would only knock off a third of Shon's hp while he can take off over half of Althares' hp with one hit. Shon has zero issues killing Althares and gets a good level. He's going to need all that skill at the end, trust me.

iMZC4gO.pngqBh66Mx.png

Someone that can't fight back? Anakin gets to weaken her down significantly!

vls7NKu.png

Anakin weakens Tamiko enough over a few turns so that Shon can come in and kill her with one hit.

Re9kTXX.pngQho4eSe.png

This is why I didn't send in Shon right from the start. I wanted Tamiko out of the way so I had room to move around to deal with Itsuke.

5WHbde8.png6IMQhDC.png

Lured Itsuke away from the forests towards the fort in the center, then...

7WdKuN4.png

He dies by Shon's hands with some extra turn help from Anakin. More skill is good.

xJJAzOM.pngbHOyVGT.png

Ace is all that stands between me and the last dangerous enemy. Anakin can easily handle Ace on his own.

Sb0XheK.png

Didn't take a picture of his death, but rest assured he suicided on Anakin eventually. Anakin picked up a good level while chipping down Ace.

Tdh6705.pngxLFPcFR.png

So yeah, all that skill Shon's been picking up? He's going to need it because hoo boy Kelik is a nightmare to deal with. Not only does he get a Flamberge to do ranged combat with, he's standing on a fort which boosts his avoid and grants him hp regen.

cZhbXRL.png

Yeah, I can't easily have Shon attack away like a madman. All I can do is hope for misses and have him heal when he takes a hit via extra turn granting from Anakin.

cdWu4dT.png

Fun fact: Kelik doesn't attack Anakin once, despite him having lower defense and being in range. I suppose Kelik wanted the more surefire chance of landing his hit.

oB6rswq.png

Misses are painful here, that's for sure.

B6PLJM3.png

Misses can also be a blessing if it happens to the enemy.

CS4GD4N.png

Anakin actually got a level from all the extra turn granting he gave to Shon as he slowly weakened Kelik. Please keep getting more defense there Anakin, thank you.

94aGtHh.pngO7SLHHP.png

Took a ton of Vulneraries and extra turn uses, but Shon managed to kill Kelik. I think I had all of 1 Vulnerary left afterwards because I'm silly and forgot to buy some more before attempting this.

rxqc2yN.png

Last enemy is basically an exp fountain for Shon. The fact he hasn't gained a single point of strength means he can do 1 damage per hit of his Iron Lance to Liuke and rake in a ton of exp for himself.

HP7grB5.pngOrZehQR.pngWGXyf1J.png

See? That luck only level sucked, but Shon's been doing surprisingly well for himself despite not getting any strength yet. Enough defense to take a physical hit or two and accurate enough to land his blows often.

4ssnkxK.png

Anakin got one level from extra turn granting while Shon weakened & killed Liuke.

Now, with Liuke's fall, the star is complete. The reward for completing a star?

z6OjyZK.png

All the named party members you fought in that particular star join your team. Anakin & Shon will be happy to have more able hands to get them through what lies ahead.

Now then, I'm going to keep a separate counter for deaths that happen during post game play, then combine it with my main game deaths once the final update gets posted.

With that...

Next time: The Second Star!

Since most of the early game stars are short, here's a couple more taken down.

[spoiler=Constellation Part 2: Second & Third Stars]VTElc5j.pngsfunxBD.png

Jake's reward for clearing the First Star is the Max Elixir. Just a normal Elixir at first sight...until you realize it has INFINITE uses. Broken as all hell if you ask me so I'm never using it.

Also, if you're wondering why Althares is holding an Emblem Blade, they're all in storage when Liuke joins the team.

0Kuh9DS.png

A minor fact about supports in the post game...you can't build up supports in the hub map, but I think you can in the various combat zones. I know the option for Shon & Anakin to support came up, but I haven't bothered to establish it. I can clear all the stars without support help, but if people request it, then I'll see if I can get some other supports up by the time the Seventh Star rolls around.

Now, why am I showing you Kelik's page here? Because Levion never appears in the post game at all. Sucks because his great con would make him the best Paladin of choice for reasons that will be seen much later.

pfWQivT.png

Anyways, I picked up some supplies (Horseslayer, Armor Cutter, Heavy Spear, Thunder tome). Time to dive into the Second Star!

cQZRwWL.png

Decided to remove the mission objective screen since the goal is going to be the same throughout almost every star, namely to kill each and every enemy on the field.

bZxIrDS.pngcC6pEFM.png

Storm's up north and likely the first guy you'll be taking out. Good weapon selection, but compared to some of the painful fights from the last star (KELIK!), he's not too bad to take down.

XSiwjER.pngJQm4C1U.png

Proof? Shon dodges Storm's attack, then walks up to him on the next turn and introduces him to a one shot kill thanks to the Horseslayer. Shon hasn't gained any strength from his levels by the way.

EtIj3Lf.png2bOD5UN.png

The anti-armor weaponry comes into play with Kevin here. Low speed, but very high defense. You'll have a slow time getting past him without anti-armor weaponry or carpet bombing him with Itsuke and/or Cia.

F7TF1nN.png

NIce try, but no dice.

7HbXuUo.pngPMF4TOy.png

Despite having no strength gains yet, the fact Shon has access to both anti-armor and anti-horse weaponry makes him an incredibly useful attacker for a good portion of the post game.

kaMZbrt.png1aDV3rk.pngR48eWPR.png

Third enemy phase and Arthur decides to come in for a chat. Honestly, he's not much of a threat. High hp, yes, but he doesn't quite have the offensive power of either Itsuke or Cia.

H0V98IZ.png

Shon's opening salvo on Arthur is enough for him to reach C-Swords. With this, he can add Killing Edges or Lancereavers to his weapon choices now. Having a Lancereaver is going to be very useful for the Third Star.

AS3bHgb.png

Althares finishes off a weakened Arthur with his Emblem Blade.

gOdGo28.pngkW77j7M.png

Probably the most dangerous enemy on the map due to his high skill & speed plus a Killing Edge...and still, he's nowhere near as threatening as Kelik was in the last star. Just need to send someone capable of tanking his first attack, then dogpile him before he gets a chance to act.

UDtzHgv.png

Shon's defense gains from the last star means that he can survive a double critical from Logan. Being able to remove most of Logan's health with one poke from his Emblem Lance inbetween Logan's doubling this turn was good.

GUAYsyT.pnglevS4q7.pngmV0CS4Q.png

However, Itsuke managed to attract another unit over to the party, Lirin. Despite those bases, her speed gets penalizes something fierce from her heavy weaponry. Still, you don't want her to survive any longer than one turn so I need to take her out now before she decides to start poking anyone she wants.

reWnzlV.pngMgRjHdO.png

Dammit Ace! At least you dodged one of Logan's counterattacks though.

eYYcO8t.png

Althares though manages to hit and kill Logan.

yOuZL9a.pngfpOXTHM.png

Shon doubles Lirin, then a bolt of lightning from Itsuke fries her.

Wcj2w1D.pngtH3dRO2.png

While all that was happening, Anakin moved forward to lure out the last enemy of the map, Sai. He gets a level on the player phase and gets more defense for his efforts.

Uzg5U5b.png8PqO5Ff.png

Sai hits hard, but that Hand Axe is carving into his AS a bit. Just lure him out with someone that can take the hit and mob him. He's not hard to take down.

KleNGZh.png16gec9R.png

Eh, free Elixirs so why not? Shon takes out Sai with one blow once the Elixirs are stolen.

gxRmY57.png

All the units that join from this star come with a promotion item for their class. Sai is the exception, bringing an Animate Seal to the table.

puia2ys.png

Jake's reward for clearing the Second Star is a Valumin tome. That might seem useful, but...

0hQ491i.png

Not only is it weak as hell and rather heavy for a Light class tome, it requires a B rank to use. By that time, I'd sooner have Anakin use Divine tomes.

3apvLIX.png

Now, for the Third Star, I get a few very important weapons. Sai gets a Swordslayer while Shon & Logan pick up Lancereavers.

LxX4eGz.pnga9g3Ig7.pngRWPb0A7.png

Top half of the map has four enemy targets, but the only one that's going to attack right away is Ben. Wide array of weapons, good stats. Having a Lancereaver user like Logan or Shon will do you good because either one can deal with Ben fairly quickly. Just need Elixirs or Vulneraries if he manages to land a hit early on.

Also, Tamiko in that pic will be safe if she moves down precisely one square.

XTsiXGH.pngJnwTh6b.png

Emma's here too, but she's only going to move if any nearby enemy is low on hp. As such, she can be left alone for now.

RvxIfEX.pnga0cPPva.png

Chilling by himself in the northeast is Mark. High hp and good strength. If Logan wasn't going to be busy dealing with Ben, I'd have him deal with Mark. As such, with Tamiko moving down one square, Mark won't move at all, meaning Logan can dart over to deal with him once Ben is out of the picture.

Ap2ktBR.pngE4bjxVA.png9P3y2Xl.png

In the southern half of the map are the other four enemies of the star with the most dangerous one of them all being Zach. Having 12 speed and a Killer Bow is rather scary as well as having a good chunk of hp.

wu2pizZ.pngpyE2935.png

Shuuda's going to be a joke to kill. Why?

PdzoHpO.png

Swordslayer absolutely MURDERS him.

Fcb8iXc.png8wLzUyd.png

Shon tries to critical kill Zach, but fails. Itsuke comes up and switches Sai's Swordslayer for something light so he doesn't get doubled.

DxeMwLR.png

Ben's first action is to completely whiff on Logan and get doubled in the face. Capital work there chief!

H5mYdVX.png

AI stupidity shows its face when Zach decides to use his Rifle Bow on Itsuke rather than, you know, try to get a critical with his Killer Bow. Whatever works for him I guess.

1QOFLoR.pngCRN33G2.png

Turn #2 brings the deaths of Zach & Ben. The former got dogpiled by Shon & Itsuke while the latter got Logan'd with the help of Anakin granting another turn.

5YaLHPy.pngHxgRKiF.png

Over the next two turns, Logan moves to the east to lure out Mark by making him use his Hand Axe, then proceeds to double him with his Killing Edge, getting one crit in the process and gaining a level. Anakin comes in and finishes off Mark.

m6OE3eL.png1H1Dc3N.pngIBSFt4b.png

Time to deal with the last two down south. Tekun's speedy as hell, but not having a Killing Edge makes him much less threatening than he could have been.

As for the other guy down here, it's another Soldier. Shouldn't be too hard to take this one down.

...Wait, another Soldier? I already have Ace so who could it...

dSzk9aH.png

...Oh. Crap.

Please don't have a Killer Lance, please don't have a Killer Lance...

cZ1xv9z.png

You know, I should be happy that he doesn't have a Killer Lance, but part of me was expecting him to have just that when I first played through the post game. Same goes for Tekun and having a Killing Edge of course.

RyDAJ2t.png

Sai could probably solo Rex in all honesty, especially if he stays in a forest and chips him down with Hand Axe strikes.

s22HCPZ.png

Another bolt of lightning courtesy of Itsuke means I can...do I really have to do this, dear game?

boB1eGd.png

Oh alright, have it your way.

NCyMeNC.pnga8bdJU8.png

I'm going to guess this mission involves getting a critical on 1% odds and killing six enemies on an enemy phase at a bare minimum. That's just me though.

5ccUD70.png

Look at the stats for this fight and you'll see exactly why Tekun is utterly screwed.

ppAAnpF.png

Meanwhile up north, Shon begins his quest to get massive levels from attacking Emma while she's on a fort. Anakin gets a level to kick it all off.

Now, who's up for seeing a bunch of Shon levels?

SKIGoOE.pngmwtArBB.pnggsBByDR.pngZlyYxyo.pngOGZryOc.pngFMGqQwG.png

They're not the best, but with all the effective damage weaponry Shon has access to right now, he's still one of my more versatile units at the moment.

61ybcBP.pngSIcNqLb.pngQJHKW9x.png

I'm going to laugh if I get an Anakin that has like 11 resistance at 20/1.

COCu6yC.png

Sai gets the final blow on Emma and shows the two dingbats leveling here for several turns what a good level looks like.

Ral3IQd.pngm9lRo6Z.png

Last enemy to take out is none other than Siegfried. Nothung is basically instant death to your magic users, but you have to be quite silly to make them fight at melee range. Just watch out for that Wind Sword which is 1-2 range and I believe also attacks resistance, not defense.

nXmoSD8.pngptFNRZq.png

Case in point for the Wind Sword hitting resistance...Shon failed to connect with his Horseslayer, then got doubled and was lucky to dodge a hit as that would have been death otherwise.

cp0NIJd.png

That one point of hp Sai got lets him eat a double from Siegfried in the worst possible scenario. Tamiko's in range to heal him if he takes any hits, then gets sent out of range thanks to being granted an extra turn by Anakin.

PKF5Uj4.png

Two Swordslayer hits from Sai later and Shon can come in to finish his dad off, ending this star.

Now, two things to note before this update closes out.

hJiKaTQ.png13Ifr80.png

Besides the fact Siegfried comes with a Heaven Seal in his inventory (and every unit that joins from this star coming with their respective promotion item too don't forget), his bases went up something fierce. He could very well handle one of the other main attractions of the post game if he really wanted to, but I'll wait on that for a little while yet.

boIq8DG.png

The other point of interest revolves around my beloved spear user, Rex. Remember back in chapter 22 of the main game when I showed off that bug involving him & Leopold? Well, Leopold is indeed in the post game and shows up in the Sixth Star. That means I can't promote him until I'm past that point unless I feel like wasting a promotion item on him when he inevitably disappears upon Leopold's death.

Next time: The return of the best axe user in the game.

One thing I like is how some of the early stars are maps that were seen in the main story but not used. For instance, Star 2 is the path map where Leopold appears, and Star 3 is the mountain passage where Blaine troops encounter the fake rebels.

The main thing I don't like about the post game is the character selection. Like you've mentioned, they don't give you

Levion, but they do give you characters that nobody cares about, like Zoro, Ethan, Cero, and Regis. Also, Lahar/Fenix are playable, but Galagar, Louis, Holton, and Lanmark aren't.

Time to knock out another star, shall we?

[spoiler=Constellation Part 3: Fourth Star]WxTZRhQ.pngiROhD4S.pnghPkkEbE.png

Ok, these rewards from Jake are terrible. What good is a one hit weapon if it has such horrid accuracy that'll never likely hit on the kinds of enemies you want it to?

vBvn6Dl.png

After some management and selling things at the preparations screen, I'm ready to tackle the Fourth Star.

vXAlCuU.png

Fourth Star takes place in chapter 16 of the main game, but nighttime and with your team starting at the castle and eventually working eastward.

ByBTsfG.pngLOjIat0.png

Yue's important for a number of reasons. He is going to hit like a truck with his tomes, but more importantly, he has an Amulet & Fell Contract up for grabs if Althares swipes them. That Fell Contract sells for 25k gold, making this star the ideal one to farm for money over and over.

GOeNbVC.png

With an extra turn granted by Anakin, I'm sending Rex to the south with an Axereaver equipped to head off an enemy coming from that direction.

WZc2xAz.pngIwF0sZZ.png

With some help from Emma's Illuminate staff, Karina is spotted well to the east. She'll get slowed down by whatever weapon she uses, but she's reasonably durable to make up for that.

5k7fIgP.png

Yue's hits sting pretty badly, but there's plenty of healing to go around next turn.

MeZH2Kd.png

Kelik lures in Karina, then manages to land his counter attack.

CMVeWXg.png

He then manages to land another hit on the next player phase.

qsPE9le.png1tin4Qm.png

Needed an extra turn granting from Anakin, but Sai managed to take down Karina. That's one of the four dangerous enemies on this map gone.

3mzr8v9.pngDXCa6Xc.png

So, that enemy coming from the south? It's this guy. Yeah, I don't him anywhere near ANYONE.

1GSXK7l.png

Well, anyone except an Axereaver using Rex that is. Liquid isn't hitting him anytime soon, if ever, so long as Rex stays on a mountain tile.

gETffDf.png

Shon's going south to help with the killing of Liquid. He too has an Axereaver and will be just fine. A weaponless Itsuke will have to block the bridge so Yue doesn't come and kill him right away though.

Also, see that Swordmaster in the corner? Do NOT trigger him unless you have a couple good tanks available.

0DuYlEA.png

Survived that with precisely 1 hp. Good job chief!

mZmI8Pb.png

Picture this screen happening twice to Rex in one enemy phase. That's all Liquid is going to be able to do to my man as long as he sits on a mountain, most likely with a smug look on his face too and laughing at Liquid's feeble efforts to hit him.

igi6VnK.png

Liquid, a lv1 promoted unit, is getting shamed by a lv10 unpromoted unit. Beautiful!

iPn7Tf5.pngLEzPLSv.pngUwdipu6.pngPoI76LW.png

Althares, with help from Anakin, manages to lift both of Yue's prized possessions off him, then gets rescued out of range of Yue. Anakin is likewise helped out of range by Siegfried.

R9XSwhb.pngNK8wLYG.pngBNszaWS.png

Sai gets attacked on the next enemy phase. One hit from him misses, but it doesn't matter. One more hit from Sai and Yue will be dead.

L96kg1W.pngZiceCfg.png

Liquid's in a losing battle right now. He can dodge, but he can't hit his attackers. Sooner or later he'll die.

y0qzUvq.png

Yeah, I don't think so. Come back when you're a little smarter Yue, thank you.

V6d12dT.png

Asshole. Now I can't kill him because I'll attract the ire of the Swordmaster and I don't want that right now.

mbL7vYP.pngh4qZ05T.png

On the plus side, Sai finally takes out Yue.

0B04VFx.png

Yup, asshole went and healed up on a fort, but he might be screwed here. He no longer has an evasion boost from the terrain and Anakin is nearby to grant another turn to Rex. He's dead now.

UAISdhc.pngnNTic0C.pnguq0S0Zv.png

Dead is what Liquid is now, thank god.

Also, while I would complain about Shon getting a one stat level, it's precisely what he needs to not be doubled with an Emblem Lance in hand by...

Dvco4dd.pngcGmHXTK.png

This guy! This is why I didn't want to rush ahead. Shon or Rex are my only non-Siegfried units that can afford to lure Risk out. Worse yet, if he crits, it's lights out for either one of them. Siegfried's in reserve just in case I need an "OH CRAP!" button to quickly deal with Risk.

xDcYGui.png

Thank god for Emma. She can keep Shon patched up as he attacks Risk during the enemy phase.

NtplkPu.png

Shon got another...wait, strength?!? About damned time!

PR5TRiv.png

Thanks to Risk being a dingbat, I have to have Anakin grant Emma another turn so she can get out of range (Risk can cross rivers, albeit with a move penalty).

D4njP1Q.png

Rex with the rescue on Anakin and Shon can now safely move back a square and ensure Risk will not do that crap again.

QQvGsa5.png

Gotta love when the RNG rolls in your favor with making high chances to be hit fail to actually connect.

mPp5tBx.png

Fun fact...Risk decided to back off on to a fort at low hp and I had to chase after him.

2nqVPcS.png

Get. Out.

e6CM1bF.png

I know these levels aren't going to be official, but still...oh god he's starting the resistance gaining party with a 20% growth again.

MdaXNmy.png

With a quick round of patching up, Shon, Rex, and Emma are going east to deal with the last two enemies.

kz95e5h.pngXo59cO9.png87w1SoJ.png

First up, we have Ethan in the far east. Yes, enemies are no longer restricted to being ones that were in your party in the main game.

Anyways, Ethan isn't much different than he was in the main game. Just make sure to have a Lancereaver if you send a sword user out to deal with him.

DnxuyCJ.pngoDnCVoI.png

There's also the fact that I nearly got my Shon killed because I underestimated the damage the Sword Crusher could do.

PBFxK0A.png

Regardless, Rex & Shon had little trouble chipping his hp pool down.

rvolTu5.pngvmR7TgL.png

In the forests to the south of Ethan lies the final enemy, Zoro. He hasn't changed since the main game so you just need a good spear user to send against him and he'll go down relatively easy.

LdIN3Sr.png

I ended up abusing Zoro a bit by letting him heal himself on a fort so Shon could make it to lv20 and be ready for a promotion before the next star.

M35aCgc.pngJkf7Lrj.png

Zoro then takes one to the face and goes down. Good thing I really don't need Rex from here on out until the end of the Sixth Star because I'd hate to see how he turns out if his first two good levels here are any indication.

oZ7bm9C.pngI02K9zJ.png

See these items? You get five Animate Seals & two Heaven Seals in total from your rewards granted at the end of the chapter. Yeah, I think the post game wants you to do some promoting now, doesn't it?

r3tsVUH.png

Those are definitely some numbers going up, especially strength.

BgsOByh.png

Showing off the party selection screen for one reason...see Noah here? He has a 1% chance to simply pop up in your party upon completion of the Fourth Star or beyond (Repeat visits work too I believe). Lovely, isn't it?

fd2rfZS.png

Closing out the update with Jake's reward for clearing the Fourth Star. I say he's forgiven for his earlier terrible rewards.

Next time: Difficulty spikes!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Ethan, Zoro)]

Ethan's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 50%

Str: 40% Def: 35%

Skl: 40% Res: 25%

Spd: 55%

Ethan is a very odd Knight with his strongest growths being in the two stats most Knights aren't usually renowned for. He does have a point less of con compared to Kevin though so make of that what you will. Useable? I'd say so, just needs to get those first batch of levels before promoting though.

Zoro's growths:

Hp: 120% Luk: 35%

Str: 55% Def: 25%

Skl: 50% Res: 25%

Spd: 50%

Zoro's growths are indicative of another glass cannon prototype, much like Shuuda. His high hp base coupled with a matching high growth will at least cover for his low defenses early on, but he'll need to pick up some of them eventually as most people can't coast on low defenses all the way to the end of the post game.

On the plus side, Zoro has 12 con, meaning he has very little to worry about with regards to suffering AS penalties from swords most of the time.